Having problems with Gumtree?

Gumtree Customer Service Contacts

5 New Street Square
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC4A3TW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gumtree Customer Service. Initial Gumtree complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gumtree above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gumtree. Discuss the issues you have had with Gumtree and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Gumtree Complaints & Reviews

Feb 18, 2021

Gumtree, London — Uncivil and incoherent targeted arbitrariness of gumtree to specific ad poster

Message 1 Feb 18, 2021, 6:30 AM (incoherent explanation for removing my ad posting twice having nothing to...

GumTreeRemoving my genuine ads

Gumtree has taken out numerous amounts for Ad that they have not listed on their site, when questioned they advised me that my account was restricted and that I violated laws, they gave no explanation even though I have sold the same product before and it was just simple AD selling a console with receipt, they started off well, I cannot complain because they block you and hang up on you when mentioned why am I banned, had an email as a reply not to use their Website again, like many people where Ive read the reviews looks like they pick and choose who to ban on a rainy day, I have my refunds back and I will not use their services again. I need answers and my monies back ASAP.

One of my AD ID's removed is: [protected]

thanks

GumTreeSelling of stolen dogs on Gumtree

Can I ask if you follow any sort of rules and restrictions, are governed by any? Stolen dogs being advertised on Gumtree daily now.
    Can you please explain exactly what as a company you do to check that you are not involved in the selling of stolen property? There must be some guidelines that you adhere to and that you check what is being sold on your site?
    During this pandemic, dog theft has increased tremendously. Certain individuals are stealing dogs, removing ID chips
    then re selling on your sites, please be aware. I would hope that Gumtree is not turning a blind eye to illegal activities?!

Selling of stolen dogs on Gumtree
    Selling of stolen dogs on Gumtree

GumTreeps4 game not sent by seller

on 17 th january 2021, i purchased a ps4 game called call of duty cold war ps4 on gumtree, from a seller called audrey from manchester, she was only posted on your site for a month, she had 7 items for sale on her profile, i agreed to pay £16 now and £16 later when i received the tracking number, item was never sent, the £16 was done as a bank transfer text a few times on mobile number [protected], to get details when posting, but no reply, she has taken her ad of your gumtree site now. the bank details that money was sent to were, callum taylor booth, account number [protected], sort code 070806 NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY. P. S THE AD WAS AUDREY FARNWORTH MANCHESTER, MOBILE NUMBER [protected]

GumTreeAdvising

I have a collection of classic cars and 3 large barns burnt down and I lacked space. I put some up for sale on Gumtree, they started to charge me for a free service I paid 2 times then thought this was odd. I found they were calling me a trader. I emailed about 12 times, then wrote to them explaining I was not I am a full time landlord. They refuse to reply to me. I want them to come down and see. I have not purchased a car in 6 years. I want my money back. Please help Robert Slot

GumTreeFurniture ads and puppy ads

My furniture adds were deleted. and I was denied access to gumtree and unable to log in. I contacted gumtree support and they gave me access to gumtree and the ad was back on.

My puppy ad was deleted and I was denied access to gumtree, unable to log in. I contacted gumtree support and they stated I had brocken the policy rule in which to sell a dog at the price I had advertised I have to be a breeder and I needed to provide the breeder number. This is discrimination. I don't have to be a breeder to sell my pups at a good price. You are able to purchase pure breed dogs without papers and that's what I have done. So there is no justice if I can't sell something without having documentation. This is clearly discrimination. Also if you wish to contact me, my microsoft account is curretly closed due to hacking so you will have to contacty me via mobile. [protected]. I don't have email access.

Sep 03, 2020

GumTree — Worst experience I have ever received from using your app

Hi I really wanted to share my experience of trying to selling items via Gumtree. I would advise no one to...

GumTreeBroken promise by advertiser - has my property

I saw the following advert on Gumtree - Aberdeen, UK - 28 July 2020 -
            advertiser was Richard

"Looking for jigsaws in all shapes and sizes. Started doing them over lockdown and it's become a bit of an obsession. Getting through a 1ooo pieces in a day or two so now I'm running out!... Let me know what you have..."

I replied, as I had a jigsaw that needed completing. Richard came to my home and collected my jigsaw. Said he would complete it in a week. Nearly four weeks later he has not completed it and does not reply to my emails. His advert has now been deleted. He is still in possession of my property. How can I contact him? What can Gumtree do?

I am Gordon on [protected]@gmail.com

GumTreePuppies for sale on gumtree

As per Lucy's Law which came into effect in April 2020, only breeders who are registered with the Kennel Club are legally allowed to sell puppies. What steps are Gumtree taking to ensure those who advertise the sale of puppies on their website are legally allowed to sell them. Gumtree have a legal and moral obligation to ensure that the law is being observed and to protect Gumtree's reputation by not potentially being complicit in illegal activity. I will contacting my local MP and Peta about this matter.

GumTreePaid £12 for my advert but it's saying it's not active

Paid for the ad, says it's not active and i need to activate it. Got my receipt by email and a link to my ad, which, when I go to, gives me a 'error 404' message. All the website says is that my ad violates the terms and conditions and that i've received an email about it (which i havent) I paid for it a week ago.
                Online chat doesn't work, emailed support team and get an automatic and unhelpful reply saying they will get back to me within 24 hours. Unhelpful.

GumTreeremoval of a private add without a proper explanation despite my requests.

I placed a private add for a caravan, I had some replies. Then I thought that the add had been removed, I presumed it had timed out, so I renewed the same add. This was subsequently removed by GumTree. When I submitted a request for an explanation the the texting type operater said she understood where the probelm was and would reinstate my advert. The next day it was removed again. I made the same approach for an explanation, but was told I had breached rules, but I could not get to know what rules I had breached, I kept comimg up against a brick wall and could not get an explanation, I have tried to reinstate my account to start ove again but I am frozen out. This is unaceptable as I have had no satisfactory explanation as to what exactly I have done wrong. If I I have transgressed, It has beed entirley accidental.

GumTreejack russell x bison puppies for £150 in newport

Me and my husband has messages and phoned about intrest in a puppy but the seller isn't getting back to us weather they still for sell or not. I would be nice and conciderate for the seller to just send a quick message telling us if they had any left
                    I think that is they are sold or they no longer want to sell then maybe they should take the ad down.

jack russell x bison puppies for £150 in newport

Feb 07, 2020

GumTree — flat cleaning (start of tenancy)

So I emailed Beata yesterday - Thursday afternoon because my other cleaners had cancelled to come in and my...

GumTreecar advert - [protected]

I am looking for an explanation as to why the above advert has been removed from your site and my account has subsequently been restricted.
                      I am trying to sell my Audi A3 which is legitimately owned by myself and I have posted a truthful explanation of the car with photos taken personally by myself.
                      The advert has subsequently been removed stating I have breached the terms and conditions of the site and my access has now been restricted/removed with no explanation. It does state an email will be sent to me however I have not received any email regarding this matter.
                      I am extremely upset and concerned that you have stated I have breached your rules as I do not believe there was anything untoward within my advert content.
                      I am therefore lodging a formal complaint to understand what I need to do to enable my advert to be posted to your site.

GumTreebed base

I bought a double bed base for £35 +20 for delivery. Bert came when very dark outside. We helped him in with it into a narrow hall. Light was poor. I did notice a rip onside & corner, not seen on photo. Not till he'd beed paid and put in b/room did we notice it was not the bed I'd seen in photo. It was a different bed with lots of rips. Looking like it had come out of a skip. I texted and asked for money back and I would report him. Not heard back Vanessa

GumTreerange cooker

I purchased a range cooker from a seller on Gumtree and when the engineer installed it - it blew all of the fuses in my house. The engineer advised it was faulty. I have had an appliance engineer to try to repair it and he has said the heater in the oven is burnt out and it should never have been sold in that condition. The seller sells lots of cookers on Gumtree and is still selling now. I have emailed him several times and he will not acknowledge the cooker is broken

Nov 26, 2019

GumTree — scam contacts

Sirs, We placed an add on Gumtree to sell an oak table (our details Kevin Ashford Tel [protected] or 07831...

GumTreenext coat

I posted a coat on Gumtree yesterday afternoon (12th November) and within minutes I had a message asking if it was still available. I replied Yes it was. When a few hours later I hadn't heard I sent her a message via Gumtree asking if she still wanted it. I got no response. It is very frustrating when someone shows an immediate interest then nothing.

Nov 07, 2019

GumTree — bad behaviour

Hello. I would like to ask u. Can u do anything to prevent sellers on yr site to changing their mind about...

Sep 19, 2019

GumTree — poor service

He is an Indian man named Noel he fixes PC boards of any kind he charge over 300 a board when you get your...