Complaints & Reviews

Puppies for sale on gumtree

As per Lucy's Law which came into effect in April 2020, only breeders who are registered with the Kennel Club are legally allowed to sell puppies. What steps are Gumtree taking to ensure those who advertise the sale of puppies on their website are legally allowed to sell them. Gumtree have a legal and moral obligation to ensure that the law is being observed and to protect Gumtree's reputation by not potentially being complicit in illegal activity. I will contacting my local MP and Peta about this matter.

Paid £12 for my advert but it's saying it's not active

Paid for the ad, says it's not active and i need to activate it. Got my receipt by email and a link to my ad, which, when I go to, gives me a 'error 404' message. All the website says is that my ad violates the terms and conditions and that i've received an email about it (which i havent) I paid for it a week ago.
Online chat doesn't work, emailed support team and get an automatic and unhelpful reply saying they will get back to me within 24 hours. Unhelpful.

removal of a private add without a proper explanation despite my requests.

I placed a private add for a caravan, I had some replies. Then I thought that the add had been removed, I presumed it had timed out, so I renewed the same add. This was subsequently removed by GumTree. When I submitted a request for an explanation the the texting type operater said she understood where the probelm was and would reinstate my advert. The next day it was removed again. I made the same approach for an explanation, but was told I had breached rules, but I could not get to know what rules I had breached, I kept comimg up against a brick wall and could not get an explanation, I have tried to reinstate my account to start ove again but I am frozen out. This is unaceptable as I have had no satisfactory explanation as to what exactly I have done wrong. If I I have transgressed, It has beed entirley accidental.

jack russell x bison puppies for £150 in newport

Me and my husband has messages and phoned about intrest in a puppy but the seller isn't getting back to us weather they still for sell or not. I would be nice and conciderate for the seller to just send a quick message telling us if they had any left
I think that is they are sold or they no longer want to sell then maybe they should take the ad down.

jack russell x bison puppies for £150 in newport

flat cleaning (start of tenancy)

So I emailed Beata yesterday - Thursday afternoon because my other cleaners had cancelled to come in and my tenant was moving in on Friday. She said she will do it and it's £15 an hour and asked me how many hours I think the flat will take. I said I am not sure but probably 3-4 hours as my flat was empty and it's in reasonable condition. She said total will be £60 at 7am so I agreed to that.
The Texts were as follows
Hello Roxanne, it's Beata here from cleaning service. I just want to confirm tomorrow's cleaning at 7am.
4hrs - £60 I prefer cash if you don't mind

Hi Beata, thanks for your message. Yes no problem, I will see you then

Beata
Good morning Roxanne, the ladies are already over 4 hours, they still need more time to finish. Is it Ok with you?
My reply
Morning Beata, they came in around 7am (so it's only 2 and a half hours) they can stay longer no problem
Oh is it hourly rate each?

Yes, but 2 people, so 2hrs each

Okay that's fine
Do you know how much longer they will need?

Beata
they are already 6.5 hours together, they still need 1-1.5 hours each; the flat is very big and there is a lot of work...

My reply
Ok I'll only be able to afford only one more hour please

So 8hrs in total?

Beata
Ok, so can you come in 30 min please?

So I gave the cleaners £120 total expecting high quality standard cleaning and was left with hairs on the floor and an old sock and dust and dirt especially under the sofa (which is a common place to clean)

Absolutely disgusted in this service- I messaged Beata to let her know with pictures and no reply!!! Absolute con!! Could have done a better job myself. This person clearly did not make it clear before I invested in the offer that it would be in fact £30 an hour otherwise I would not have done it. Hope they enjoy conning an innocent woman. Definitely lost my trust and respect as a customer and hope this doesn't happen to others.

Please gumtree help fix this.

car advert - [protected]

I am looking for an explanation as to why the above advert has been removed from your site and my account has subsequently been restricted.
I am trying to sell my Audi A3 which is legitimately owned by myself and I have posted a truthful explanation of the car with photos taken personally by myself.
The advert has subsequently been removed stating I have breached the terms and conditions of the site and my access has now been restricted/removed with no explanation. It does state an email will be sent to me however I have not received any email regarding this matter.
I am extremely upset and concerned that you have stated I have breached your rules as I do not believe there was anything untoward within my advert content.
I am therefore lodging a formal complaint to understand what I need to do to enable my advert to be posted to your site.

bed base

I bought a double bed base for £35 +20 for delivery. Bert came when very dark outside. We helped him in with it into a narrow hall. Light was poor. I did notice a rip onside & corner, not seen on photo. Not till he'd beed paid and put in b/room did we notice it was not the bed I'd seen in photo. It was a different bed with lots of rips. Looking like it had come out of a skip. I texted and asked for money back and I would report him. Not heard back Vanessa

range cooker

I purchased a range cooker from a seller on Gumtree and when the engineer installed it - it blew all of the fuses in my house. The engineer advised it was faulty. I have had an appliance engineer to try to repair it and he has said the heater in the oven is burnt out and it should never have been sold in that condition. The seller sells lots of cookers on Gumtree and is still selling now. I have emailed him several times and he will not acknowledge the cooker is broken

scam contacts

Sirs,
We placed an add on Gumtree to sell an oak table (our details Kevin Ashford Tel [protected] or [protected]) email kevin.[protected]@talktalk.net
to date we have had two replies both from scammers
[protected]@gmail.com and [protected]@gmail.com
amazingly both had disabilities that prevented them from viewing or entering into telephone conversations and both required our paypal details and passwords.
We were under the impression that you monitored your site for such scams, otherwise we would have used ebay and saved ourselves the £10 fee.
Please take these two sites down and warn you other users before some one looses their life savings.

next coat

I posted a coat on Gumtree yesterday afternoon (12th November) and within minutes I had a message asking if it was still available. I replied Yes it was. When a few hours later I hadn't heard I sent her a message via Gumtree asking if she still wanted it. I got no response. It is very frustrating when someone shows an immediate interest then nothing.

bad behaviour

Hello. I would like to ask u. Can u do anything to prevent sellers on yr site to changing their mind about selling goods? do the should follow any rules? they dont care cause they don't have to take any consequences. I was reporting one lady Catriona who told me that item is available I wa first. And then she sold to somebody else. Today the ame situation with lady called Deborah. She was selling fireplace. We had a deal she said no rush then I was asking many times if she wont change her mind. 3days today b4 I was going fot this item she said she sold to her tenant. Is it a joke? why you don't warn sellers who change their minds? on ebay there will be consequences but not here. She let me down. and she doesnt care. I could buy different one but I had to say no Cause was waiting for this one from this lady. Why I cant leave her negative feedback? I will tell everyone that better stay away from yr site. Cause u let people to change their mind. I have screens of our conversation. She removed the add Please do something about this kind of behaviour. Thank U. Claudia Schlacter my email [protected]@gmail.com

• Bw
    B Willow Jan 10, 2020

I have problems with buyers. Totally fed up with people who arrange to buy things but never turn up. Have waited in all afternoon today and so called buyer didn't even have the decency to text. Not the first time.

poor service

He is an Indian man named Noel he fixes PC boards of any kind he charge over 300 a board when you get your...

free animals???

You still allow people to give pets away

They are being taken to train fighting dogs and i have proof

gumtree i am sick to death of telling you

Stop this now you evil [censored]s ide like to see you ripped apart by these poor underfed dogs who know no better than fight to live#

I am advertising your indifference to anyone who will listen

If this is the only way you can make money in Gods name...Go and get a proper job.

I demand your reasons to allow this practice to continue.

You wont reply.You dont give a damn.

Stop advertisers from submitting these adverts

Do something useful gumtree

All animals deserve a life

painter/decorator

Found a tradesman on Gumtree Edinburgh for a painter and decorator. He came and gave an estimate including sanding down of rough surfaces in skirtings, filling any dents and holes and making flush any nails from plasterboards prior to painting. The above have not been done but on top of this the deceiptful trader has spilt a tray of paint over our year old electric recliner and made a half hearted effort to clean it up. He hid the damage by covering the furniture with polythene sheeting and failed to inform us of the damage caused. There were also numerous paint splashes and small spills that were covered by placing items of furniture over them covering damage to laminate flooring. The damage was only discovered shortly after the tradesman left, and we were putting furniture back to the position normally occupied by each item. We will have to contact our insurance company as it is a lot of paint spilled over it and it was that bad that paint got down the side and onto the floor.
We had paid him cash for the job and no invoice for the works was given. He did however give us a receipt for extra paint he bought and we paid him the money for. This does include his credit card number. I suspect he is not paying tax or national insurance whilst providing poor service.
The advert ID was [protected] and he is called Tomas. This was for Edinburgh.
He also has a second advert with the same information and an ad ID of [protected] however this is for a different location.

Could you please advise what can be done in regard to this rogue trader

Thanking you in advance for your assistance on this matter

Jeffrey Angus

hotpoint chrome quadrio frost free fridge freezer

hi bought this from kasm which is one of the names he uses as i have realised last week .. (right...

mobile phone fraud

On 26th April 2019 I was scammed online via Gumtree and paypal. I had put an IPhone for sale and sent the phone via recorded delivery but never received the money. This was reported to the police who dealt with this at Peterborough station. I was informed that a fraudulent act had taken place but no action could be taken against the perpetrator due to him having disabilities. I do not feel that this is fair as I am £600 out of pocket, am self employed and was counting on this money to purchase another phone which I require to do my job. This has been an extremely stressful and anxious time for me due to the severe financial loss but also due to the emails I received by a perpetrator goading me . I feel that I should be entitled to some compensation and have been advised that I can claim against an insurance which you have in place. I feel that Gumtree should be more aware and take action against fraud of this kind . Can you please advise how I can make any such claim.

gumtree customer service

Whilst on holiday in Portugal I tried to get ahead of the game by posting our motorhome for sale, unaware...

excessive number of car adverts being posted

Hi

I wish to make a complaint about the increasing number of vendors posting significantly high numbers of car adverts on GumTree. It seems that they are using automatic tools to upload huge numbers of car adverts on a daily basis. These adverts are the same from day to day and effectively spam your site.

If this is allowable practice I was wondering if there is a way for users of Gumtree to block specific categories (eg cars) from the listings?

alton tower ticket

I did not recive ticket and she not ansr the phone once his husband answer the call and he said i have no...

3+2 blk/si sofa set

On delivery of my sofa set I was left without legs for my 3 seater sofa. I have left messages to the seller...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices