Having problems with Craigslist?

Craigslist Customer Service Contacts

222 Sutter St, 9th Floor
San Francisco, California
United States - CA94108

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Craigslist Customer Service. Initial Craigslist complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Craigslist above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Craigslist. Discuss the issues you have had with Craigslist and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Craigslistunwarranted flagging

I have literally had hundreds of posts flagged on Craigslist. Even stuff I am trying to sell to make a few bucks to put food on my table. My complaint is how can any individual or company disregard the Constitution of the United States and the freedom of speech and press. what gives Craigslist the right to set this unfair flagging policy and when is our government going to do something about it.

CraigslistAnimal ads

Rehoming is the new word for "sale". Craigslist does not vet their content, and after learning that they contributed to bogus un vetted ads for dogs, are no longer as credible as they once were. Craigslist uses captcha to sort out spam, but does not vet the ads used to spam unsuspecting buyers. Learned about the bogus "rehoming" of animals on the local news today. Craigslist also claims not to sell dogs but dogs are pictured on the site as "for sale". Boo Craigslist. You need to hire people who can sort out or question people who are literally selling animals. Rehoming an animal for more than $200-300 bucks with no proof of expenditures is selling, not rehoming.

CraigslistVinyl siding

David Jesionowski, Kingston NH. I contacted him thorough Craigslist for siding job. He came to my home, we agreed on price, I paid him 2100.00 down payment and haven't seen him since. I later discovered that he is unlicensed and not legally able to do vinyl siding jobs in MA. He said he was licensed and his Craigslist ad said he was licensed and insured. He cashed my check 3 was ago and has not returned calls or texts. I've politely requested my money back to no avail. Consumers Beware. He is a fraud. The address he gives is really a used car lot

Vinyl siding

Apr 19, 2020

Craigslist — Trying to buy a boat. No response from seller.

I saw a Craigs List ad for a boat for sale in Tonawanda, NY. I've attempted to contact the seller on...

Apr 07, 2020

Craigslist — rent a property

There's a someone on craigslist scamming people, and pretending to be the landlord of this house 72 Scobey Dr...

Mar 31, 2020

Craigslist — Always flagged, for compliant ads

Craigslist flagging rules are ridiculous. Not only can scammers flag your ad, anyone can for any reason...

Mar 18, 2020

Craigslist — job incomplete; warranty not honored; abusive language by contractor

I purchased vinyl siding installation from David Jesionowski, 52 Route 125 Kingston, NH, [protected], who...

Craigslistcars for sale

Craigslist allow dealers to post as "owners" in ads that are so obvious and others that just lie. By my own account, looking for a car in the last 3 months, 70+% of all listing "by owner" are dealers, their sales people to take the cars off lots and flippers who purchase vehicles, never take ownership/title (avoiding taxes state and fed + dealer licensing fees, etc) and attempt to pass them of as owned by them, their brother/sister in law, aged/dead parent, some other relative, etc. Many are so brazen and embolden (due to craigslist co-conspiring to collect $5 ad fees) that they take pictures of these cars parked in the dealers lot with the name and phone number clearly in view, . Many have dealer license plates mount to the car in the picture. Here in Illinois it is illegal (unless you are a licensed dealer) to sell or even negotiate to sell (allowing public paid or free ads to be placed) unless the vehicle is titled in your name.
        Buyer beware!

Craigslistfelt like a set up

I answered an add to purchase a table and chairs. We set up a "pick up" time on Saturday between 2-3. Drove over an hour to the location and was left hanging outside the location with no answer for 20 minutes. As soon as I pulled away they were calling me to return. Very shady. Felt like a set up to be ripped off. Right before I arrived at the location he had texted me a second number of his wife to call her because his phone wasn't working properly. When I called her she didn't answer. When I pulled away she was texting me that her husband was outside looking for me.

Craigslistposting to craigslist

My posts in the community section Pro Trump comments, and posting in wanted and housing post sections over the months have often been flagged and removed without question. Or my live Ads would not appear after posting.

I learned that algorithms in the software Craigslist uses can flag users that repeatedly use the same email address over and over again. Also your posts can be live but never show up called ghosted. It's sad and stupid that Craigslist has become such a crooked, anti-human entity since 2009.

Robo calls, now robo flaggers is showing how far and stupid this technology is going. It's absurd. It's anti-God also!

It's time to stop this robo controlled software and Craigslist from controlling legit and honest individuals as well small businesses that get flagged often by such robo-software.

It's socialist robo flaggers!

• Updated by fixscum · Feb 09, 2020

www.craigslistcomplaints.com

Craigslistbuyer's scam

Last October I posted an ad on Craig's List to sell several office chairs. A person named Collins Bote (Tel: [protected]) texted me that he wanted to buy the chairs and sent a cashier's check for $2, 990 out of which $1690 would be dedicated to the "movers." My bank, Wells Fargo, assured me that the check from the buyer cleared so I sent him a cashier's check from a CVS store per his instructions. The next day after I sent the cashier's check, my bank informed me that his check had actually NOT CLEARED. My check to the "movers" was sent to Jessica Ramirez, 7880 Racquet Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418. The address turned out to be bogus and the buyer's text number works but no one is ever "available." I was scammed. I filed a police report but they got nowhere. I'm out over $1724. Since this scam happened on Craig's List, can you track down this person? Important to warn others about this. I have copies of everything including text thread between the buyer and myself. Thank you. Frank Simeone

Jan 22, 2020

Craigslist — sold defective 2007 bmw x3

1/21/2020 - Adnan Poljak ( CLIENT # [protected]) advertised the 2007 BMW X3, stated the car was in mint...

Craigslistadd for a chiminea fire pit for sale

This add first appeared in early December. Made seven (7) attempts to pick-up the item after it was agreed on, .The seller refuses to disclose where and when the item can be picked up., The add then went of Craig's List. It re appeared late December. The item is listed three times under three different adds each with its own price. Add are as follows [protected] for $78.00, [protected] for $74.00, add three [protected] for $68.00. I contacted the seller and informed him/her i was willing to pay cash as requested, and was told ok. After that it is a series of games. The seller will not reply for several days. When they do its a question like what item are you talking about. I specify the fire pit, Chiminea. or they re-ask my question of when do you want to pick it up. I reply time and place and that I am open. I even provided my telephone number still no response. Is this a scam or just some jerk screwing people around.

Bud Benneman [protected]

Craigslisthandyman scammer

This man offers his handyman services to clients like myself. He Requests money in advance to buy materials and he does not return with materials or to work. He also find labor workers and does not PT them for their work. Please do not allow him to continue doing this to honest and hard working people. His name Frank Rodriguez. His phone number [protected]

Dec 23, 2019

Craigslist — plumber who said his name is daniel

the complaint is about a guy who made post under name of daniel. his post on craigslist is: "skilled...

Dec 19, 2019

Craigslist — my auto post; cars and trucks for sale

Currently I have a paid post on Craigslist for my auto. The post ID number is [protected], the paid ID posting...

Craigslistsomeone deletes all my posts... some before they ever see daylight

I create my posts...and some are not listed in a timely manner. AS in forums. Which I understand. But the ones where I am selling or wanting something...are listed pretty quick.

I then come back in a hour or so...go into my account. I see all my postings have been deleted/flagged... this includes comments in forums & sale/wanted items.

I did change my craigslist to another screen name & changed passwords

Craigslistsex positions with nude pictures

In several areas in community are sex postings with pictures with gmail.com emails. A number have complained of this yet prohibited postings keep occurring. More than 1 has to flag these. Perhaps you need to contact authorities for cyber sex crimes since you can't seem to eliminate or keep the community clean.

This occurs continuously in the several areas of Ft Collins Community. Perhaps put a block on gmail.com for replies as they don't put in a legitimate posting reply.

Perhaps the concerned communities who need to protect their children and families should start notifying authorities on these and that craigslist cannot control what is posted on their website.

Craigslistservices/financial

This guy has posted that he is a loan officer and can get you the money you need. Has you fill out info. Submit $24 through PayPal. He is a scammer. He is using someone else's credentials which he probably stole. To steal your personal information. I have all his information that he used on Craigslist. I have contacted the real Scott Lawson and the police and I have his PayPal information where he goes by Own shop.

services/financial

Craigslistused troy bilt lawn mower

I found what thought was a good used riding lawn mower on Craigslist from someone who I believed to be a reputable, honest individual living in Independence, MO. Bob Davis repairs mowers and then turns them around for sale. Mr. Davis and his wife use Craigslist to sell items to generate an income.

I contacted Mr. Davis to see if this Troybuilt mower was still available. He said it was for $425 plus $40 to deliver. Happy to hear it was still available, I asked Mr. Davis to deliver the mower to my home in Leawood, KS.

Trying to make connections with Mr. Davis by phone was a challenge, but we were able to arrange a time for him to deliver the lawn mower. I guess that should have been my sign that I shouldn't deal with him since communication or making connections was such a hassle.

When he and I his wife arrived with the lawn mower, he was able to start it but it died. It was discovered that it needed a small device to shut off the fuel to the engine. That entailed a trip to the local O'Reilly's. When he returned, he put the device on the lawn mower, added some gas and it ran. The blades came on showing I would be able to cut grass. I paid him for the mower and that I thought, was that.

Until I tried using the lawn mower.

I had nothing but trouble with this thing. It wouldn't cut the grass because the belt came off when I tried to cut grass. I decided it needed a new belt, which I purchased. I could not get the new belt on being permanently disabled and I could not find anyone in the area who would come and repair it. I spent about a week trying to get the belt on or find some one to help me.

My wife called the Davis's and told Mrs. Davis about the issues with the mower and asked if they would please come and pick it up and refund our money. Mrs. Davis said she was sorry to hear that the mower wasn't working and that they always want to keep their customers happy so they'd come and pick up the mower and refund the money. More than a week went by since that first call, and we never heard from them, so my wife called them again. This next time when my wife called, Mrs. Davis told her that Mr. Davis was lying down in bed; according to Mrs. Davis, 'He was having a bad day because he has some medical issues.' But, she said that she would talk to him about picking up the riding awn mower and get back to us to say when they would be able to get it.

That conversation has been more than two weeks ago. My wife has been trying to contact the Davis's ever since. She either gets their answering machine, or the telephone rings and rings and rings, and by the tenth ring starts beeping. As recently as 10/4/2019, she did get an answer, but as soon as Mr Davis heard my wife, he hung up. When she tried to call back, the phone had a busy signal. He took the phone off of the hook.

All I want is for them to pick up this piece of junk and give me my $425 back since I told them they could keep the delivery charge .

Also, we have learned that my wife needs a biopsy, as she may have breast cancer. It is to be done later on this week. We need this money back because the insurance will not cover the procedure and the money needs to be paid up front.

My only recourse is to register a complaint with Craigslist about these people and to warn others not to do business with them. As I said, I am completely sympathetic to someone being ill. However, not to answer the phone and let someone know what is going on, or when they plan to follow through with what they said they do is not only inconsiderate, it is dishonest as well. They are not running a reputable business, in my opinion.

Do not do business with the Davis's.

If they cannot oblige, then I must make a complaint and warn people who use Craigslist in the KC area not to do business with the Davis's. They clearly are not people who want to keep their customers happy.