Menu

complaints

Craigslist Complaints Summary

41 Resolved
286 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Craigslist's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Craigslist has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Craigslist. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Craigslist complaints 327

Sort by:

Newest Craigslist complaints

M
1:20 am EST

Craigslist I paid to post my truck for sell

I paid to post my truck for sell and it was not listed . 1 day ago.

2007 Chevy Colorado ext. cab

craigslist post [protected]: "2007 CHEVY COLORADO"

1) Your recent paid posting

Category: cars & trucks - by owner

Price: $5.00 USD

Quantity: 1 posting

Total: $5.00 USD

Desired outcome: I want to know why you take my money and not post my truck.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Craigslist representatives only. If you are affiliated with Craigslist, please claim your business to access these details.

5:49 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Person assumed ownership of my apartment

A lady messaged me, a Phyllis S wanting to rent my apartment in Polynesian Capri but accdg to her, the "scammer who listed it on Craigslist wanted money from me - the would be renter before showing it." She wanted to confirm with manager and (landlord) who gave my info. I do not intend to rent my apt I told her and I have not done so in last 2 years because it's for my family when they visit.

Claimed loss: none so far

Desired outcome: Pls screen your advertisers, need to vet them

P
9:30 pm EDT

Craigslist Home improvement

I paid handyman 250.00 they were to return to complete the job. The guy promised m

e that he would come to remove the screw from poking through my oven cabinet. Everyday, Jay and Nick made excuses as to why they weren't coming. I need my money back or they need to rectify the problem.

His number is [protected]

My number is [protected]

He came Saturday and that day forward only had excuse up until Saturday of the following week.

Desired outcome: Remove screw from poking out from my cabinet

Is Craigslist legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Craigslist as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 12% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Craigslist stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Craigslist should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Craigslist earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Craigslist achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Craigslist. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Craigslist has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Craigslist.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Craigslist website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Craigslist.org has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Craigslist.org you are considering visiting, which is associated with Craigslist, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Craigslist's website seems to offer jobs or career advice. While this can be a helpful resource.

Several positive reviews for Craigslist have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Craigslist has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 12% of 327 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • That one craigslist.org is embedded within another website. Beware of embedded websites. Scammers may use them to trick you into visiting fake sites. Verify authenticity before entering personal information and research the site for safety
  • Craigslist.org has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The craigslist.org may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Craigslist protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
5:24 pm EDT

Craigslist Posting Scam

I am an owner of a rental property. I have not posted my property in the craigslist site. My property shows posted with craigslist with someone else's information. The post-id is [protected] the contact information listed on the advertisement is Sergio [protected] also an email [protected]@gmail.com. this is a scam to receive money for a rental application. This advertisement was not made by me. Need a resolution immediately. The posting need to be deleted from your site.

Desired outcome: This posting need to be deleted from craigslist immediately

S
8:56 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist My real estate add gets flagged within minutes time and time again

I have posted several adds for my Avocado Farm- Ranch located in Moorpark, CA (Ventura County) over the last few weeks to have them flagged within a few minutes... I don't put multiple adds on at once. I spread them out over a few weeks. It's very frustrating that somebody is that jealous of my beautiful property... Please help me and look into this. Thank you from Steve Shehyn @ [protected]@AOL.COM [protected]

Desired outcome: Ban the people who are doing this, they are probably doing this to other adds as well

3:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Postings for Phoenix, Arizona show Western Slope Colorado/Lost Postings

I have enjoyed Craigs list for many years, however, Yesterday I wanted to renew ads posted in Phoenix, Western Slope, Color. Los Angeles, and Utah.

When I went to renew, your system would not let me renew, next all the postings were gone, next when in Phoenix posting an ad it is being posted in the Western Slope of Colorado.

This is not only SCREWING UP YOUR CUSTOMERS AND MAKING THEM ANGRY FOR WRONG LISTINGS BEYOND MY CONTROL BUT ALSO MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO POST A LISTING BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH PHOENIX IS CHOSEN OR SLC UTAH, THEY ALL GO TO THE WESTERN SLOPE OF COLORADO AND THESE PEOPLE CALLING ARE GETTING PISSED OFF.

THIS IS A TECH PROBLEM WITHIN YOUR COMPANY, PLEASE RESET MY ACCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN BEGIN OVER AGAIN REPLACING THE POSTINGS THAT ARE IN THE WRONG LOCATION AND THOSE LOST.

Ed Mans

[protected]

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: PLEASE RESET MY ACCOUNT WITH CRAIGS LIST AND PLACE SELECTED ADS POSTED BACK CATAGORICALLY TO THE AREA THEY WERE IN ORIGINALLY LAST WEEK.

7:40 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a portable oxygen concentrator that was listed as "like new" condition. When I tried to use the concentrator, an alarm went off for seemingly no reason so I took the concentrator out of the carrying case to change the battery in case that was the problem. There were obvious signs of wear and tear on the machine and I was a little disappointed...

View 0 more photos
L
10:51 pm EDT

Craigslist being blocked

why have I been Blocked? There is no reason to be, I have an ad I paid for to sell a car, and I can't get any feedback, I have written 3 times now for an answer and nothing, The dates I tried and can't get on Craigslist on, 08/25/23 3 p.m. 08/24/23 730pm 08/20/23 6 pm.

you say there are some points missing? like what? I do not understand what your asking,

All Im trying to tell you is why am I blocked from browsing on Craigslist. that's it.!

Desired outcome: Access to the site, to be able to go on Craigslist and brows.

C
7:20 pm EDT

Craigslist Free books

This person listed science fiction book and I responded twice. They gave location but not and address saying they would put book out on curb. Twice I drove approximately 24 miles from my home and back to get them. No book to be found and no answer when messaging from my phone to the listing. The listing number is 3gbbd697ae3dbc80c57a5fe214c618 @ craugslist.com. I send a message tell them I was going to report the listing. When I got home the listing was removed from craigslist. My email is [protected]@msn.com

Desired outcome: I would like the books

K
1:04 pm EDT

Craigslist Remove Rental Listing 1013 19th Street, Cody, WY

To Whom It May Concern:

The incorrect listing for 1013 19th Street, Cody, WY must be removed IMMEDIATELY! It is listed for sale through a valid Realtor and is NOT for rent. The listing must be removed from the Craigslist site. It was first seen at 11:01 on 8/14, 2023.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter,

Kim Skoric

Richard Realty

[protected]@richardrealty.com

Desired outcome: REMOVE THE INCORRECT RENTAL LISTING FOR 1013 19th Street, Cody, WY IMMEDIATELY

6:38 pm EDT

Craigslist Paid ad hacked / no refund / no one answers

I posted an ad and it got hacked the same day, been trying to get help but no one will answer back about the charge and they won't refund it.

You need to have a link button to report fraud on every post because it was my post and I couldn't do anything to stop it and CL wouldn't answer the message and there's no working phone number.

I'm seriously disappointed in what's happened to CL over the years.

my next option is to file a complaint with the BBB if I don't get an answer today!

posting ID: [protected] date: 2023-07-26

Desired outcome: Refund

T
11:44 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Craigslist discrimination practices are bogus

Over the past +/-30 years, I've used Craigslist with no issues. Recently, though, I've attempted to list a rentable space in my apartment. I thought the content was clear of who I preferred living with me; however, I would soon learn that I'd have to rewrite (and remove) some language that seemed to be interpreted as discrimination. In any event, the post was continuously being flagged and then removed. Even creating new and complete non-discriminatory content was immediately being flagged and removed. Craigslist makes it virtually impossible to "Contact Us" where I could explain and ask them to approve the post. No; rather, Craigslist seems to have placed my account on a banishment list. If Craigslist's algorithms were doing their job correctly then my post would be displayed, and that those, which clearly have discriminatory language, would not. Craigslist seems to enforce their own policies in an ambiguous way. All the while it's impossible to contact a humanoid to discuss issues. So, after 30+/- years of use, am I realizing that Craigslist isn't a good business to work with?

Desired outcome: Allow my listing to be posted...and stay posted.

Read full review of Craigslist and 1 comment
View 0 more photos
1 comment
Randy Ingle
, US
Aug 06, 2023 2:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

For some strange reason I can't find my paid on on their site. I did email them about it but only time will tell if they answer me.

M
6:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Unreliable Management and Maintenance: A Review of My Apartment Complex

I've been living in this place for five years now, and I have to say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. In the five years that I've been here, there have been five different managers. It seems like the company is really hard on managers, and the main manager seems to drive them away. I've heard from other tenants that they try to avoid contact with this manager as much as possible.

One thing that I don't like about this place is that the lease is only for a year, and then it becomes month to month. This means that the company can raise the rent whenever they want. It's really frustrating, especially since the rent is already pretty high.

Another issue is the ground keeping. There's always dog poop on the streets, and the maintenance crew doesn't seem to do a very good job of cleaning it up. There are a lot of other outside maintenance problems as well. Inside, it's about the same. If something needs to be fixed, it could take a week or more to get it done.

One of the ongoing problems is with the hot water. It seems like they use water tanks instead of a boiler, which causes a lot of problems. There have also been bug problems, like bed bugs. I had to deal with them a few years ago, and it cost me a lot of money. I've heard from other tenants that they've had similar issues.

The laundry room is another problem. It has limited hours, and it's only on one floor of a three-floor building. This can make it really difficult to get your laundry done, especially if you have a lot of clothes to wash.

There have also been problems with homeless people in the area. It's not a huge issue, but it can be a bit unsettling at times.

As for noise, they recently replaced the carpet in the hallways with flooring. I have to say, the carpet was better at keeping the noise down.

Parking is free, but you need a permit. If you don't have one, they'll tow your car after a few days. They really only seem to care about money.

If you have pets, you can have them here, but you'll need to pay a deposit and monthly rent for each pet.

Overall, I would say that this place has its ups and downs. It was good at one time, but with all the changes in management and corporate, it's just not the same anymore. I would recommend looking for a better place if you can.

C
3:29 pm EDT

Craigslist Craigslist Review: A Letdown for Personals, Cars, and Jobs

Craigslist is a website that many of us turn to when we need to find something, but sometimes it can be a bit of a letdown. I've been using Craigslist for a while now, and I have to admit that it's addictive. You think you've had enough, but before you know it, you're back on it again.

Let's talk about the personals section. I spend a lot of time browsing the casual encounters, but it's a mess in there. There are so many bots trying to scam people out of their phone numbers and pictures. It's hard to find anyone real, and when I do, it's rare. I've also noticed that a lot of gay people post in the w4m and mw4m sections, which is fine, but it's not what I'm looking for. They also tend to email me personally, which defeats the purpose of the website. I don't hate them, but it's just not what I'm looking for. I think Craigslist is not in popular demand for young people looking to hook up. I haven't found a website that does that yet. In my opinion, all online interaction with people is a waste of time. You're better off meeting and planning in person.

Now, let's talk about the car section. It's horrible. There are all sorts of people selling stolen cars or cars with no registration or proof of ownership. It's not a very trustworthy site for dealing with people. Background checks should be run if people want to sell their cars to other people. I've had close chances to buy cars, and then all of a sudden, the seller doesn't want to sell anymore.

In short, Craigslist sounds great, but in practice, it's not so great. The personals, things for sale, and jobs sections are all riddled with people who want more for less and people who take a chance at screwing over others for the benefit of themselves. There is no technical or customer support, so that's the biggest downer for this site. You either find a way to work it out with someone online, or you lose out.

E
1:52 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Craigslist Review: Discriminatory Practices and Frustration for Users

So, I've been using Craigslist for a while now, and I gotta say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. Recently, I've been having some trouble with replying to ads. Apparently, this has been an ongoing issue for a while now, but it's only just started affecting me.

The forums have been locked down, which is a real pain in the butt. I mean, my email address should be good enough, right? But no, apparently not. So now I can't even see what other people are saying about this issue.

If you're thinking of posting something, do yourself a favor and put your contact info in the body of the post. Trust me, it'll save you a lot of headaches.

The worst part is, Craigslist seems to be blaming the innocent users for this problem. I've seen comments in the forums accusing people of being abusers and saying that's why they're getting the "something went wrong" message. But I'm not an abuser or a scanner or anything like that. I hardly ever use Craigslist, to be honest.

I did some digging around, and apparently, users are being punished arbitrarily if they look like they're not local. And you know what? I can confirm that. I tried using a different internet address, and when I tried to reply to ads near my locale, I got the same error message. But when I tried replying to ads in foreign local neighborhoods, it worked just fine. What's up with that?

Honestly, I'm starting to think that Craigslist doesn't care about its users. They treat us like the enemy, like we're something to be fought and denied service to. It's ridiculous. I can't in good conscience recommend this website to anyone.

If you've been wronged by Craigslist, I encourage you to seek justice. And if you're a lawyer, maybe consider pursuing legal action against them for their discriminatory practices.

In the meantime, if you know of an alternative website, I suggest you use that instead. Trust me, it'll save you a lot of frustration.

K

Craigslist Buyer Beware: A Cautionary Tale of Doing Business on Craigslist

Craigslist is a website that has been around for a long time. It is a place where you can buy and sell things, find jobs, and even find a place to live. However, there are some people who have had bad experiences with Craigslist. One person wrote a review about a company that operates under two different names, DOJ Auto Sales in Marietta, GA and Universal Luxury Cars. This person had a lot of problems with this company. They paid for a car in full, but they did not receive the tags and title for the car. The owner of the company was not answering their calls and had even gone to Africa for three weeks without resolving the issue. The company had sent the wrong information to register the car, and the person later found out that the information was for a different car. The company had also put a lien on the car, even though it was paid for in full. The person had to seek the help of an attorney to get their money back. This is a cautionary tale for anyone who is thinking about doing business with Craigslist.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist My Frustrating Experience Selling on Craigslist: Removals and Unhelpful Feedback

I recently decided to declutter my home and get rid of some of my old stuff. Being stuck at home, I thought Craigslist would be the perfect platform to sell my items. However, I did encounter a few issues that I would like to share.

Firstly, I found that Craigslist removes listings without any warning or explanation. They only provide a link to their policies and what is not allowed. However, even after reading the information multiple times, it was difficult to figure out why my listing was removed. I am not sure if it is people or bots that do the removal, but it would be helpful if they could provide a reason for the removal or a suggestion on how to make the listing compliant.

Secondly, I tried to seek help from their help forum, specifically the thread for sellers who are trying to figure out why their listings were removed. However, I found that the responders were not very helpful. Instead of just answering my question, they went on to criticize my listings and told me that they were basically junk and would not sell. Although I did eventually figure out the answer, it was not a pleasant experience. It would be great if Craigslist had actual moderators who could review the responses and ensure that proper help is provided.

Overall, I found it frustrating to spend time creating a listing, only to have it removed without explanation and then receive unhelpful feedback. It was also disappointing that there was no way to just correct the listing and I had to start from scratch. However, the big plus of Craigslist is that it is a free platform to sell items. I guess you get what you pay for.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Craigslist Be Careful on Craigslist: Tips to Avoid Scammers and Fakes in the Personals Section

Craigslist is a website that has been around for a while now, and it's a great place to find all sorts of things. However, there are some things you need to be aware of before you start using it. For example, if you're looking at the personals section, you need to be careful. There are a lot of scammers and fakes out there, and they use very revealing pictures to try and lure you in.

If you get an email from someone who seems too good to be true, be careful. They might refer you to a "secure verification" site that is supposedly free. However, if you enter your credit card information, you might end up signing up for a dating site or an XXX site that will bill you anywhere from $29.95 to $59.95. If you're married, this could be a big problem, as your spouse might see the charge on your credit card statement.

Another thing to be aware of is that if you try to use a Walmart money card with only a few dollars on it, it might not go through due to an unknown error. This is the site's way of saying "insufficient funds." Also, if you send a message to a woman and get a response that says "if you're real, go here," be careful. This is probably a dating site, and they're trying to get you to sign up.

To avoid all of these problems, I use two fake accounts and no personal information. I just make up stuff about someone who doesn't exist. This way, I get a ton of spam and bull, but I don't have to worry about my identity or my money. In the end, it's just cheaper to get a six-pack, a "F" flick or two, and get your nut off than to spend hours surfing Craigslist trying to find someone.

L

Craigslist Craigslist: A Total Waste of Time for Legit Businesses - Boycott Now

I gotta tell ya, I used to love Craigslist. I made a lot of money from posting ads on there for my businesses. But now? Forget about it. It's a total waste of time.

I haven't gotten a single legit call or email from my ads in over a year and a half. All I get are messages from crazy people who clearly have nothing better to do than harass strangers on the internet.

I talked to a guy who used to teach people how to use Craigslist to grow their businesses. He said that Craigslist made some changes a few years ago to try and get rid of people who were using the site to post ads. And it worked. He stopped getting calls and traffic from his ads, and so did I.

It's not just Craigslist, either. eBay owns part of the site, and they don't care about sellers either. They're just in it for the money.

And don't even get me started on Facebook and Google Ads. Facebook is losing users left and right, and nobody wants to see ads on there. And Google? They just want your money. They don't care if your ads actually work or not.

Honestly, someone could make a better site than Craigslist in their sleep. It's a total joke.

If you're a legit business, don't waste your time on Craigslist. And if you're a user, just stop. Let the site die and maybe something better will come along.

Seriously, boycott Craigslist. It's a total waste of time.

D

Craigslist Beware of Craigslist Scams: A Review of the Online Classifieds World

Craigslist, or CL as it's commonly known, has been a staple in the online classifieds world for years. However, in my city, it's become a hotbed of corruption and scams. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every single ad on the site is from scammers in the 3rd world, specifically India and Pakistan. It's frustrating to see so many people fall victim to their tactics.

When you visit the main page, you'll see around 50 posts, but it's obvious that they're all from the same person or group. These scammers have infiltrated other sites like Kijiji as well, and they're getting more sophisticated with their tactics. Instead of ridiculous scams like the ones from the past, they're now focused on identity theft and other spoofing tactics.

They use scripts and programs to lock up your computer, steal your credit card and banking information, and even try to get your kids to reveal personal information. They'll call you and pretend to be interested in buying or selling something, slowly building a profile on you over time. It's scary to think about how much information they can gather and how long they've been doing this.

These scammers have been around for years, and they've adapted their tactics to fit the changing landscape of online classifieds. They even have fake job applications and gig offers, all designed to get you to reveal personal information like your driver's license or other forms of ID.

The problem isn't just with Craigslist and Kijiji, though. These companies are trying to be global and have a presence in every city, which means they're not doing enough to prevent these scams from happening. They're always trying to up their safety efforts, but it never seems to be enough.

If you're a buyer or seller on Craigslist or Kijiji, my advice is to use a disposable cell phone and never give out your real name. Trade locally and avoid text messages, using calls only until you know the person. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than falling victim to these scammers.

Overview of Craigslist customer experience

Craigslist, the popular online classifieds platform, has been plagued with numerous consumer complaints. Users have reported issues with scams, spam, and fraudulent listings. The site has also been criticized for its lack of customer support and security measures. Many users have expressed frustration with the site's outdated design and difficulty in navigating the platform. Additionally, Craigslist has been accused of facilitating illegal activities such as prostitution and drug sales. Overall, Craigslist's negative reputation has led many users to seek alternative platforms for their online classifieds needs.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Craigslist contacts