Lowes / bad samsung refrigerator

I purchased a new samsung refrigerator 1/08 and had big problems with cooling after six months. Lowes sent someone to fix it, but it was not fixed. Lowes sent the same person back again and it was not fixed. They said that there was no problem with the unit and refused to send anyone back to effect repairs. They would not take the unit back. They would not refund my money. One week after the factory warranty ran out, they said they were no longer responsible and that I should contact the extended warranty people ($120.00 extra). They said that the only person available to fix the unit was the same guy lowes sent out and he says there is nothing wrong with the unit and as such, there is no reason to come out.

I have the original receipt and all paperwork and notes on repair contacts. The extended warranty people would call every two weeks or so and ask me if the refrigerator was still giving trouble. I said the unit has not been fixed.

I finally told them that I had a lawyer, that this matter has been turned to the the state attorney general's office and a copy of the file has been sent to my local congressman. Also, that all conversations would be recorded with them.

I caught the local lowes management in several lies and will never buy anything of any substance from them again. I urge you to do the same. Avoid lowes!!!

Lowes finally acknowledged that the referatior was defective and were sending me a refund of the purchas price, less charges for the extended warranty almost a year after my first complaint.

Keep your receipts, document all contacts with vendors, get copies of all repair tickets,
Research the web for problems with the product before you buy and check out the vendor.

Lowes should be put out of business by the consumer. Never do business with them.

D  7th of Aug, 2009 by
For one thing, if you had service within the first year, it would have been set up with Samsung. Lowes does NOT do any repairs on major brands ( whirlpool, frigidaire, maytag, bosch, general electric and samsung ) within the first year, matter of fact, lowes doesn't set up any repairs, the warranty company does. After the first year is when everything is handed over to the lowes service advantage deptartment and when we have control over the situation. You're making lowes sound bad when in fact it's samsung who should be taking the blame.

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
P.O. Box 1111