Having problems with Citibank?

Citibank Customer Service Contacts

+54 11 4329 1772 (Argentina)
+57 1485 4000 (Colombia)
+593 2393 9043 (Ecuador)
+595 216 202 400 (Paraguay)
+58 212 705 2039 (Venezuela)
+58 212 705 2614 (Venezuela)
Citi, 388 Greenwich Street
New York, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Citibank Customer Service. Initial Citibank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Citibank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Citibank. Discuss the issues you have had with Citibank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Citibank Complaints & Reviews

CitibankBad support

I got a very bad customer service today. I moblie deposit the check to my account. In the morning when i tried to log in i got block from log in online. So i called support. They said because the check look counterfeit. No notice for blocking my account. I asked the person to call the bank of the check to verify the check for me and the person keep refused me and when i still talked to her she hanged of on me. Very bad experience. Isnt the only way to verify the check is call the bank where the check come from so they can verify with their client to see if the check is legit? No they asked me to bring the person that wrote the check to verify when im in cali and she is in New jersey.Very bad i will get this report to consumer protection. Poor supports.

Feb 23, 2021

Citibank — Customer service

I have been a customer of Citibank for over 15 years, and today I came close to closing one of my account...

Feb 22, 2021

Citibank — Customer service

Two current problems with my Citibank account. 1. The email that has been on my account for years now say...

CitibankWayfair Credit Department

I order a Rocker online 12/14/2020 apply for A Wayfair Credit. I Got a message flash across my computer screen ! Congratulations Olivia L Barker you were approved. The Problem My name is Marjorie L Barker ! I called Wayfair Credit Department right away. To report the Problem. Wronge 1st name on the Account. The man I talk to said it was probably a computer mistake. So he ask me to fax a Copy of my License. Which I did within a half hour. I have the copy and receipt of the fax. I even called back later that day to make sure they had received it. I was told it would take a couple of days to fix. Guess what it wasn't FIX until last week. Over 2 months I called over 15 times to resolve the issue. I even called twice to pay the bill in full and close account ! Every time I called it was either We need to talk to Olivia L Barker or They wouldn't even let me make a Payment. 2 weeks ago I went online and applied again Hopeing it would finally open the door, to Wake up the Wayfair credit department. And YES IT FINALLY DID . IT STATED AT THE TIME OF THE APPLICATION ( YOU ALREADY DID HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH US) A WEEK LATER I GET A LETTER THAT WAS" ALREADY PROMISE TO BE HERE ALOT EALIER " Over two months it took to get this letter. Because I reapplied and brought the information to thier attention. Last week they put my name on the Account for the 1st time. So for 2 months in was in Someone else's name and No One tried to Help, even when I tried to make a payment. The next day After the Account was Correct for the 1st time. Wayfair reported to the Credit Bureaus of 2 Late Payments. I couldn't nor would the Credit Fraud department allow me to make a payment (I wasn't Olivia L Barker ) Even though it had my Social Security # on the Account. (How in God's Name )was it APPROVED in SOMEONE ELSE NAME !!!
    .There is Not One Report on My Credit Bureau of Any Late Payments, until last week .From Citi WAYFAIR (2 LATE PAYMENTS) THAT'S NOT RIGHT NOR FAIR, I HAVE DONE MY BEST IN THE LAST 5 TO 6 YEARS TO KEEP MY ACCOUNTS UP DATED IN GOOD STANDING . UNTIL WAYFAIR CITI ... I HAVE BEEN PUT THOUGH HELL FOR TWO MONTHS TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING. COULDN'T PAY IT IN FULL AN CLOSE THE ACCOUNT (WHICH I TRIED) TODAY I WAS TOLD WAYFAIR WOULD CREDIT BACK 1 LATE FEE NOT BOTH ! WHY THE HELL NOT !!! I TRIED AND TRIED. I ALSO ASK TO REMOVE THE NEGATIVE REPORT ON MY CREDIT BUREAUS REPORT. I WAS TOLD NO. The account wasn't in my name for those two months, and it wasn't my fault. I have a letter in front of me dated 02/2021 Adress to Olivia L Barker from Citibank Early Warning . Why we are writing you, We decovered that your account has Suspious Activity. Account Ending In: 5897. Plus Plus Plus The item I did order was broken plus I paid an extra $30.00 for a dark grey cushions. The Cushions were the wrong color. On top of all the credit Crap. The order cost $322.49 on 12/24/20 I was givin credit of 96.75 because it was broken . wrong color. The total of the Bill should be $225.74 because the account has only been in the correct name for 1 week. No matter how much I Truly Tried to Fix the Problem. What's Right is Right ! What Fair is Fair ! The ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN OPEN OR APPROVED IN SOMEONE ELSE NAME. USING MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ! THAT WAS FRAUD OF BEHAVE OF WAYFAIR AND CITIBANK !!! I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR WAYFAIR & CITIBANK MISTAKES. THE STRESS HAS PUT ME THOUGH HELL AND BACK. IF THIS DOESN'T GET DONE RIGHT FROM BOTH WAYFAIR AND CITI I I AM CLOSING ALL MY CITI CARDS. FILING COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS [censored] ! THIS IS THE LAST TIME I TRIED TO GET THIS FIXS.

Citibankfunds not received

Citi Bank locked my account on 12/11/2010 and was supposed to close it within 30-60 days being 2/13/2021 the 60 day. I wrote BBB and told them about this and they said they had until the date i provided to mail me my 869.00 that is my paycheck Ive still yet heard anything or received my money. the account is still locked not even closed. I just want the money i worked for nothing more, theyve had plenty of time to do this but want. Can you please help me get my money Thank You

CitibankCredit Card

I applied for a new card in November of 2020. Received in December 2020. A $7, 000 transfer from a seperate card was completed on accident. I called and explained the issue. They said they would close my account and send in another card to me. They will then undo the transaction.

I received the new card and completed the correct transfer. They then added both transfers to my new card... I called and asked why the first transfer hadn't been removed. I got the run around for about 1 month.

On February 10th, I received an "overdue statement" from Citi that i need to pay off the original $7, 000 transfer. Which is fine, however they have closed both of my accounts. So I can't pay the $7, 000. I've called several times, messaged them on facebook, emails, but no one can help me.

However they continue to ask me to pay for the $7, 000 transfer, which was refunded to me, BUT I CAN'T PAY!!!

Citibankchecking account opening deposit

I being illknowledged to the banking world attempted to open an account with CitiBank and deposited a total of over $900 in three different accounts in which they considered it fraud and have only closed one without issuing a refund claiming i owe money in it when the accounts i havent been able to do anything with since i opened them due to them placing a hold for intent to close all the above accounts. i have continuously contacted them in which everytime i have been connected to the fraud department to discuss getting my money back they have either been very rude about telling me that it will be issued to me in a check and hanging up on me. They said the issue will be resolved within 45 days from the date if the intent to close letter and here its been over that. Mind you the fist letter was delivered to me via secure message the day of opening then one delivered by mail back on the 25th i believe of december. They only closed the one account ending 1400 and still have the other two accounts with all my money in it on hold with no explanation refusing to talk to me since that is my only assumption due to the continued hanging up on me as soon as i can reach their department. I am tired of them telling me no i cannot get my money back now with a transfer to another account that they also caused to go into the whole because they refused to pay the transfer after i authorized it prior to all this non-sense. Because of their refusal to pay the transfer that bank account is now in the whole -287.50 and i cant do anything about it since they still refuse to release me my funds. totaling of my funds from that bank is 915.88 i believe.

Citibankunauthorized withdrawal of payment from account

I set up flex pay on Citi simplicity card, ending in 4340. You took out the entire balance from my checking account on 02/11/21. I DID NOT authorize the entire flex pay to be taken out. A customer service rep from your company help me set this up in Dec. 2020. WHY would I authorize the entire flex pay to be taken out all at once if I had set it up to be broken into 12 payments??????????????? The full amount was NOT TO BE PART OF THE AUTOPAY!!! I talked to 2 reps from your company this morning on 02/13/21. The first one I couldn't understand and he hung up on me. He also lied to me saying there was a payment dispute phone number, which I NEVER could understand him say. The second rep told me if I would be quiet she would talk. So, I have CLOSED MY ACCOUNT with Citibank and will NEVER do business with you again. You need to get people in customer service that have normal English accents so they can be understood. You exist because of your customers and you have treated me like crap. You also need to honor your flex pay and NOT take out the full amount all at once when that was not the legal agreement. I will never do business with your sorry company again!!!

Citibankdouble cash master card

I applied for a citi double cash master card and listed my income for the last three years as over $1 million each year, yet they gave me a credit limit of $2, 000.00. Unbelievable! And they told me they can't increase it. My average monthly balance on my Amex Platinum card is $18, 000 with a high of $32, 000 and a low of $10, 000 last year, which I pay off in full each month.

• Updated by Ed Pfohl · Feb 11, 2021

Help?

CitibankCostco credit card

We're installing solar through Costco and I tried to raise my card limit. Citi said no even though I'm current and always pay my bill on time. So I tried to put the limit, $5K, on the card. However, I had gone shopping and spent $98. So they rejected the solar amount because I was $98 over the $5K limit! I had to ask Costco to resubmit $4900 instead.
                I would never ever voluntarily apply for a citi card under any circumstances and I'm really sorry that Costco has chosen to associate with them.
                Citibank is an awful, customer-unfriendly company. They are like slimy stinky cheese. They are unresponsive, unhelpful and simply horrible.

CitibankCitibank costco credit card

My citibank costco credit card was cancelled without intimation for no reason, despite a very prompt repayment record and no complaints. Upon calling customer service, I was asked to expect a latter that I finally got this week. Called customer service listed on the credit card and they asked me to check with the credit bureau, which has no adverse comment.

This is baseless, and needs to be addressed.

Citibank costco credit card

CitibankCredit fraud

I was contacted on 01/29/21 by Target Financial in reference to a credit application made with my information. I advised them that I had not made any applications. On 01/31/21 I made inquiries to the credit bureaus and found several credit inquiries had been made on 01/22/21. Two of them were from Citibank of Gray TN and Citibank Long Island NY. I have not been able to find a contact to speak with a representative to alert Citi Bank that I have not made any applications and would like to stop or close any accounts made in my name. I have placed fraud alerts with all credit bureaus. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
                    Charles Konemann
                    Jay, OK
                    [protected]

CitibankNot getting my payments by mail for one month.

I have contacted citi card many times since my Nov.bill was paid in full on Dec 7-2020. You said you never got it. I had to stop payment on it and issue you another payment for Nov & Dec paid in full mailed on Jan 4-2021. Then you did receive the Nov. payment a few days later. Now the Nov. & Dec. payment is lost . That seems impossible. Please check my record I have never ever been late with my payments . Check with Gabriel, & Chrystal the supervisor. They have the whole story . Something is wrong and I don't want be hit with a ton of late charges that is NOT my fault. Plus I can't use my card . I have a copy of my Nov & Dec payment sent on Jan 4-2021. I can Email it or fax it to you directly as an E check. I don't want to stop that one too. I keep getting calls every few days on this . Frank Venturo, ( [protected]@windstream.net ) [protected], 11746 Dan Maples dr. Charlotte, NC 28277

CitibankCiti denies wife's CANCER MEDICATION! :-/

CITI VISA DENIES CANCER SURVIVORS MEDICATION!!!
                        Yesterday (1/27/21) I had the displeasure working with SUPERVISOR LISA FROM ARIZONA who was woefully incapable and ill-equipped to resolve my credit issue. I missed a $1400 payment on (1/20/21), but Citi received $2500 this past Monday (1/25/21). Still couldn't purchase Synthroid (wife's post-CANCER SURGERY medicine after wife's complete thyroid was removed due to CANCER!) nor could I purchase the 2 inhalers I need for my SEVERE ASTHMA condition on Tuesday (1/27/21). Hence the reason SUPERVISOR LISA FROM ARIZONA and I had such an UNPLEASANT conversation. Can you believe she tried to tell me there is NO WAY TO OVERRIDE THE CREDIT LIMIT BLOCK?!?! I have 30+ years experience developing Java web applications for among other clients financial institutions and for these Citi jokers to think I'd believe that BS - hahahaha! So, today using the Citi Visa Mobile app, I accessed my account and saw my SECOND PAYMENT OF $2500 was being processed. Tried to purchase MY WIFE'S CANCER MEDICATION AND MY ASTHMA MEDICATION AND AGAIN DENIEND TODAY!!! So I called my friends at Citi Visa again today (1/28/21). Today's random Citi JOKER SUPERVISOR was SUPERVISOR CURTIS FROM CHICAGO - wahooo! Citi Visa knows how to hire them!! SUPERVISOR CURTIS FROM CHICAGO confirmed that YES the SECOND $2500 PAYMENT WAS IN THE SYSTEM BUT THAT I WOULDN'T RECEIVE CREDIT UNTIL ***OVERNIGHT***!!! That's great Citi Visa ---- allow MY WIFE TO DIE WITHOUT HER CANCER MEDICATION OR HEAVEN FORBID I HAVE AN ASTHMA ATTACK in the next 24 HOURS!!! The blood will be on YOUR HANDS CITI VISA!!! As of Monday I was only $300 over my credit and in theory should be $2200 UNDER my credit limit yet I am still unable to PURCHASE MY WIFE'S CANCER MEDICATION OR MY ASTHMA MEDICATION because Citi Visa is an EVIL COMPANY that should be investigated by Consumer Affairs and the Federal Government. I am cancelling my Citi Visa and getting a CapitalOne credit card instead! After 25+ years with a Costco card I am officially cancelling it! I hope everyone on the executive board and in executive management of Citi Visa have KARMA come take their MILLION DOLLAR MANSIONS, lose their loved ones, lose their jobs, get fined by SEC, audited by the IRS, and in a massive CONSUMER PROTEST (peaceful protest!) all Citi Visa card holders cut up their credit cards!!! I hope Citi Visa burns in H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS!!! :-/

Jan 27, 2021

Citibank — Unauthorized money taken from your account by our representative

Our business joined citibank July, 2019. We were with another bank but your representaive, Natasia Clark in...

CitibankScott Harlow Director of Support Operations

Received letter dated 1/1/21 stating he will take $ away due to 24 months of inactivity on a long term CD account. Branch location visit stated that in person visit from the elderly primary (during a pandemic, listed beneficiary not sufficient) is required. Also stated condescendingly "we" take Covid tests, implying virus free environment.

No offer from anyone to set up a appointment. No offer to come outside and get the signed letter from client if driving up in a car. (no drive up capability at said location) No offer to delay 60 day deadline to spring when less ice and snow or longer until after better vaccine distribution. No offer to research possible solutions or follow up with a call on a resolution. No offer of future contact to reassure this issue will not happen again.

Sharon Shimizu [protected]

CitibankChecking account, credit cards

Citi, in dic 2019 just sent me a letter closing my checking account, and my two credit cards, (simplicity and prestige) never a default, or late payment.
                            Do not know why, spent hours on telephone to try to speak with someone.. Nobody knew nothing.. Client since 2004.
                            I tried unsuccessfully to speak with someone, even tried to reach my branch at park avenue new york, without ever spoken to anybody or told me why of the closing

CitibankCredit cards

In regards to letter I will add photo.
                              I will add photo of my letter .
                              Closing one account and lower account. Disagree with decision also stating my case.

Credit cards
                              Credit cards

CitibankCredit card

I called Citi to find out when my new card would arrive, it expires 2/21. I spoke with customer service and they tell me Citi is closing my account. I have been a Citi customer for 19 years I have always paid my card on time and always pay the balance. I'm now on disability and have some hosiptal bills and some other dept that I am paying off since losing my job. I have never received a letter or a call to let me know. All the customer service could say is you'll receive a letter. I really thought business thru out is helping individuals who are in need help. I really relied on my card that I had set up to pay bills. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do. Thanks Citi. I will not let this rest!! People need to know how you treat your customers. Especially ones that depends on them. Plus bad customer service.

CitibankDeceiving costumers

On December 28th, 2020, went to close a CD to manage a real state transaction and was surprised to find out there was a penalty. I had instructed the employee opening the CD's to open 2 non-penalty CD's. When I complained to the teller, he told me to bring the name of the person who did the transaction. I told him I did not have the name of the employee but he could probably see it in his records. He told me I had no right to complain since he is giving me the information and I am not getting the name. I reluctantly paid the fee since I had to wire money that day. The manager was on vacation and his relief told me it will take a while to find out who opened the CD's. The manager returned to work on January 4th 2021. Since then, I had sent him two e-mails with no return answer. I am very mortified and feel I was deceived. The employee who opened the CD's did the transaction on the phone. We have met at the office before but since COVID he said he was working from home. I have been a client with CITIBANK LOMA LINDA CA office for many years and this is not the first time I notice the way they conduct business is dishonest.