Having problems with GE Money Bank?

GE Money Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GE Money Bank Customer Service. Initial GE Money Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GE Money Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GE Money Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with GE Money Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GE Money Bank Complaints & Reviews

GE Money BankPPI

I wrote to GE Money back in August last year before the PPI deadline requesting to see if there was any PPI on my account. They wrote to me indicating that there was an amount £291.66 being held on account and they have failed to reimburse this money to me. I have written on numerous occasions but they have not responded to any of my communications and I would like to have the money that is rightly owed to me refunded.

GE Money Bankjewelry express account in my name 19 years

A fraudulent account was opened in my name with unwillingness of me knowing for 19 years with a jury Express Account also a Mohawk carpet carpet company i kept asking for report for over morw than two years never recived one i was suppose to get electronic transfer from General Electric. Ive been so stressed out. For these pass years for being tormented by GE social has been stolen an account was opened at the age of eight when I was not even eligible to have an ID also Social Security is also stolen I was never notified by GE about this fraudulent account I received a letter from Jared the jeweler that somebody was trying to purchase merchandise so as of saying I followed up with GE and they apologized about the damage what apology was not enough I'm still going through the motions of the first link case I would like to send a lawsuit towards GE Capital Retail Bank PS quonesha Lambert

GE Money GE Homelending Cerberus Ltd T/A MyMoneyBank — house renovation loan - in france

My nightmare started in 2006 when I foolishly applied for a loan to renovate my property in france which I...

GE Money BankCare Credit

I have had Care Credit for years. I used it to get my dentures and hearing aid. I called the insurance that I have had on the card because I have had a loss of income. The insurance (Account Security) said that they did not cover loss of Disability income or loss of Child Support, which was what I lost. I was so upset. That has always been my income. I have been paying them $49.05 per month for years! (since around 2008) I have always made EVERY payment up until now.

The next day, the same lady called me back and told me that they would be refunding me all my payments! I couldn't believe it! What a Christmas present! I called Care Credit and told them the situation, and that a refund would be coming. The 'agent' who answered said that it would be fine if I skipped the December payment. She said she would make a note about the refund.

January I started getting emails and phone calls stating I was past due. I called again and told them about the refund. Again they said that it would be fine, that the refund (Which turned out to be $2730.75 when my balance was $3300+ would act as payment, and I could resume payments with my late January 2016 bill.

Again, I got a phone call and an email. I called again. I agreed that i would pay the late fees, but I couldn't pay until February 8, 2016 but I could pay $50. The 'agent' again agreed and said she was making a note.

Today, January 26, 2016, I got another email. I was very frustrated. The minimum balance due is now over $313.00, it says I am three months past due on a balance of $662.15 (it was a little over $500 before fees).

I called AGAIN! This time I asked the 'agent' to get me a supervisor. Roger was his name. I told him everything, and that the refund should have posted as a payment and not a 'debt cancellation' because I had paid the premiums. I explained everything else, including the agreement to pay $50 on the 8th of February.

He would not budge on anything. He stated that even if I paid the $50 it would not meet the 'minimum balance'. He would not accept the refund as a payment either. He said that it was the company that extended that credit or something.

I asked him to explain REPEATEDLY why his 'agents' told me it was okay, when it wasn't. He was SILENT. He would not explain. I asked him to listen to the recorded messages of my calls to his agents and he said it would not matter then went silent again. I finally got so frustrated that I swore, and he told me, "Have a good day, mam" and hung up on me. Does anyone know how I can do something about this? I am trying to raise my credit. It just got to the 620's and now it will look horrible.

I went from an income of $5000 a month to $1600 a month. I was TRYING to work with them, promising the $50 payment. He wouldn't even TRY!!! I have closed my account, but I don't know what else to do.

GE Capital bank money finance — the stole 3,500 dollars from me

I was online looking for a personal loan and i got a call from a guy named Alex Martin from ge capital he...

Ge Care Creditovercharged interest

The card is offered by doctors who specialize for coverage that is needed and insurance doesn't pick up. I am still showing a balance I paid and there is interest on the account. The dentist assistant office workers have tried to straighten it out to delete the interest charge and so have I.
        Their answer is change banks from GE to Synchrony. I contacted new bank and got only miss, calm down, you need to speak to dentist. I made my payments on time and even ahead. Now, a new bank handling the account that i have been paying and the interest is tagged back on. Yes, i am angry for the treatment I refuse to pay anything further than what i agreed upon with the dentist.
        i have been receiving letters from finance companies to pay then off. I agreed to pay dentist $1000.00 not all the extras the company is tacking on. I put none of the agreement in writing with Care Credit GE and now another hassle with anew company. I never authorized interest of payments on $1000.00.

• Ju
            June Werner Aug 03, 2009

They are making sure to get their money in this horrible market!!
            Go see my story. June

Margaret Tolstych May 04, 2009

I paid 700 on my bill. because leaving me owing 700 left. because i did not pay it all off they slapped $500 interst on my card all at one time and charging me 21 percent on top of that every month

GE MONEYcredit rating

In February of 2012, Requested to Ashley Furniture to have co-signer name removed from credit card and was given verbal approval as credit history had been established for primary credit card holder. Co-signer received phone call in April of 2012 from GE Money stating primary credit card holder had purchased furniture and requesting approval of purchase from Co-signer. Co-signer denied approval of purchase and again requested to have co-signer removed from credit card and received verbal confirmation that it would be taken care of. Furniture purchase was not denied by Ashley or GE Money and Credit rating for co-signer is now at affected by default on payment for furniture purchase from primary co-signer. Was advised to send letter to Presidential Complaint department stating all the actions and facts. Letter was sent 6 weeks ago and have not heard any acknowledgement or response.

• Su
              Sue Rivera Jun 13, 2014

Sir, you do not have your facts correct:

#1 - we never agreed to increase the credit limit from $1000
              #2 - we never agreed to the purchase of the furniture and actually declined the purchase when called from a GE Capital representative
              #3 - we never agreed to be a co-signer on a GE Capital credit card

Please stop with the non-professional attitude and provide some solutions. We want to work this out but are at a loss as why we are
              victims to actions that were clearly not followed. I can be reached at [protected] for further discussions on how to solve this collection issue. If you can show proof to any of the three items listed above - I would be more than happy to work out a payment schedule.

• Jl
              JLSeagull May 12, 2014

• Jl
              JLSeagull May 12, 2014

If you co-sign, you have agreed to pay entire bill. You agreed to make the payments, but then, you didn't make the payments. This is why there are credit scores, to warn other lenders that you don't do what you agree to do. Accounts are marked "Paid as agreed", or "Late 30", or "Late 60", etc., then, eventually, "Default". You and your associate just let it go on and on and made no payments. So, now, who is supposed to pay for that furniture? GE Money and Credit paid for it, but they don't like it. The store just sells furniture, they can't manage your credit for you. Your friend/relative is a deadbeat, buys things they cannot afford, and doesn't care if your credit is wrecked.
              You are now poorer and wiser. Next time you are asked, take the person to a thrift shop and help them pick out some good used stuff.

GE MONEYnever got credit for returned beds

In the Spring of 2010 I bought three Sleep Number Beds, using a Sleep Number Beds credit card, from their store in Paramus, NJ (Garden State Plaza Mall). Two of the beds did not fit in my guest room so Sleep Number Beds asked me to pay for a delivery truck to pick up the beds for return. I ordered the truck and they picked up the beds, but their credit card, run by GE Money accounting office, never credited me with that refund. They kept charging me $2, 500 for the beds even thought that bill should have been credited back to my account. Sleep Number Beds sent me an e-mail saying a refund was being processed, but they never sent it to GE Money. I submitted dispute paperwork by fax to the GE Money accounting dept, but they never acted on it. Instead, the sold my account to Asset Management for collection. I sent Asset Management the dispute paperwork, and they never acted on it either. Now, on my credit report, the disputed $2, 500 charge still shows up, from GE Money, but here's the weird part -- in addition, Asset Management shows that I owe them $2, 500 too. But it is for the same beds. Isn't that illegal to be charged twice for the same item? I am being charged twice, for beds that were returned, instead of getting a refund.. No one is listening to me, no one is crediting my account properly for the returned beds. Dealing with GE Money is like talking to a brick wall. It's 2013 and those wrong charges are still showing up on my credit report. What am I supposed to do now??? !!!

never got credit for returned beds

• Gr
                Grace Anderson Jun 18, 2014

I paid on my outstanding balance for over a year only to have my balance NOT MOVE. All the money I paid, which was a lot, was eaten up by "fees" and "interest" - not a single dime went to my balance. In over a year of paying. Can someone direct me to the class action lawsuit against them?

GECapitalCares May 20, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052013_cb_EMedlicott**

We're sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
                - Mailing address associated with the account
                - Your contact phone number

GECapitalCares May 20, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052013_cb_Erinmedlicott **

Hi Erin,

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We tried to locate your contact information so we could reach out and assist; however, were unable to do so. Please email me at [email protected] with a phone number where we can best reach you. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

Ge Money Bank - Care CreditInterest on late fee

In Feb. of 2013 i was one day late in making my Care Credit payment. I had a promotion expire so a late fee was attached to my account. I paid the late fee as well as the promotion amount (I thought) until I get my bill today just to find that they have been charging me $2.00 per month interest on the late fee... Now for example every month if I owe $30.00.. I pay $50.00... I was told that even though I have paid MORE than required that my over payments were "directed" to promotional amounts to "avoid" interest on other promotional amounts... That have been charging me this for 2 months. This seems very predatory and designed specifically so people are hit with late fees and interest payments. After long discussion on the phone with the customer care person.. I did get her to reverse all interest charges on the late fees and she made the "necessary adjustment" so that the interest on the late fee was charged out or else it would continue to show-up. This is a PURE SCAM...

GECapitalCares May 03, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 050313_cb_lascola**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
                  - Mailing address associated with the account
                  - Your contact phone number

• Sonia Snake May 03, 2013

Same.
                  -Here's my house plan.

Comments

• Sonia Snake May 03, 2013

Well, I was ****ing my dog when I heard that Adam was eating an elephant. So, to conclude, they were both eating eachothers Mums.
                  -Sonia Snake

Comments

• Why The Long Faces May 03, 2013

READ the credit agreement terms YOU signed.

GE MONEYmortgage

In 2002 I took out a mortgage with GE money.In 2004 I draw afurthur 25, 000 pounds.A clerical error made by them resulted in an apology and a 'goodwill' gesture which resulted in being conned into a high rate interest mortgage in 2007.In 2010, despite them 'bulldozing' us and trying to reposess our home, they admitted overcharging us by £19, 737.13!!!STILL they refuse to repay our costs nearing on £5000 legal fees, refuse to justify huge legal fees on our mortgage account, and, despite this going to court inJune 2009 are ststing that we have not paid funds since 2005 which is wrong.They do not answer basic questions, my solicitor felt that they were deliberatley delaying issues ...and the arrogance..the ARROGENCE o f their employees beggars beyond belief!!!I have more than once invited them to pursue this in a coury..the truth is..they dare not! As this would show the bullying, harrassing, downright incompetant manner in which they revovle.I am suffering from depression as a result of their conduct but I'm damned sure I will fight mine and any others corner in order to bring this into the public domain.It will open not a can, but a mountain of worms!!!Is there anybody in a public financial position to help expose this company, who, by the way, are not governed by the FSA!!!

Ge Care CreditCharged for Services Not Rendered

I had to have cataract eye surgery. I was told that there was a 60% chance that my vision would not be corrected to an acceptable level and may required. I was told if I purchased the "Clear Vision Upgrade" Lasik would be performed to correct to 20/20 vision. The day before surgery, I asked if I am seeing well after the surgery, do I still owe the $4500 to ClearCare. They said yes. So after the surgery, they did everything possible to get me to see 20/20. I'm now at 20/25 and not needing Lasik, but I am being charged for the services that were never rendered! I'm exploring legal options because I was basically "scared" into purchasing a product that I would never need/use. Everything is well documented and I have a great case. I just can't believe that GE Care Credit would participate in this practice. I will make this a very public issue.

GECapitalCares Jan 29, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 012913_cb_ ddrcrossridge**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [email protected] with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

GE Money Bank — Fraud

I was contacted by Mr. Daniel Wilson stating that he was with GE Money Bank and that I was granted a loan of...

Ge Care Credit — Billing

This is the worst credit card company in history!!! I got this credit card and kept telling the place of...

Ge Care CreditDeferrd interest

I Was charged  deferred interest at the end of a promotional period.
                    We used "care credit" to help us finance some emergency dental work. There was a promotional period in which there was very  little  interest charged. As we approached the end of that period, a new promotion became available and we used it for additional dental work.

I am certain that we were notified on some portion of the bill that the promotion period was ending, but what we were not made aware of (likely it was indicated in the fine print) was that we would be made to pay a deferred interest rate of 26% on every service we ever purchased through care credit. The summary is that what would have been Paid off in several months, could take 3 years to pay off according to their payment plan.
                    The worst thing about this is that it is probably legal, even though it is clearly unethical. Care credit presents themselves as an alternative to ihigh interest credit cards, but then designs its payment plans so that they extend beyond the promo period and you get charged interest at rates much higher than the average credit card. To pass your company off as an assistance to people in need and then to take advantage of them through predatory lending is unethical in the extreme. Stay far away from care credit!!!

Jon Hazeltine Sep 24, 2012

The response and action taken by GE Capitol is mostly accurate, and
                        deals with half of my request.

Assuming that we receive the promised check, I am content with
                        this as a settlement of the first half of my complaint. However! In
                        order to negotiate this settlement, they insisted that I immediately
                        close my account with them (which was fine since I will never utilize
                        this company's services again). The problem is this: After my account
                        with them was already paid in full, they proceeded to debit an
                        additional 100 dollars from my bank account.
                        This is completely inappropriate. I have since called their accounting
                        department and they have promised to issue me a check for the $100
                        that they stole from my account. (Accounting error)

This is another demonstration of the poor and predatory financial
                        practices that this company employs against people who are already
                        suffering under the strain of medical bills.

The second half of my request was that they cease utilizing the
                        practice of accruing deferred interest for promotional periods. I am
                        sure that they have legal cover for this practice, but I am also
                        convinced that they schedule new "promotional periods" to lure
                        customers into missing the end of their originally promotion and
                        accruing exorbitant interest.

For a company that masquerades as "care credit", this practice is
                        unacceptable, unethical, and predatory. At this point, the second half
                        of my complaint remains unaddressed and I reserve the right to
                        participate in any class action or individual action until this is
                        resolved.

GECapitalCares Sep 11, 2012

Hi Jon,

I understand we were able connect with you and resolve your issue. Should you need further assistance, please contact us again.

Ge Money Amazon Store CardBad Company

This is very frustrating... My GE Amazon Store Card has been showing $0.00 of available credit for 2 days now and I can't purchase the merchandise I needed. I ordered some merchandise June 1st and June 4th but I canceled everything I ordered because I wasn't sure if I was ordering the correct merchandise that I will be needing. I know that they won't charge for those items until it ships. I canceled them before the seller ship them so I know I won't be charged for them. The only transaction that I know that went through was the charge of $28.12 occured on June 1st and that's it. I contacted the customer service 3 times already to address the issue and yet there are still no updates. This is really pissing me off and it is so annoying. I have a credit limit of $900 and a balance of $28.59 and still my available credit shows $0.00. Very bad experience with this card. I really want to close my account.

GECapitalCares Jun 08, 2012

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 060812_cb_DanOliva**

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] and provide your name and phone number so we can call you directly to assist.

Ge Care CreditBOGUS LATE FEES DESPITE PROOF

THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO DEAL WITH. FIRST THEY HAD MY ADDRESS INCORRECT, AND "DID ME A FAVOR" BY WAIVING LATE FEES THAT I DID NOT OCCUR SINCE I DID NOT RECEIVE THE INITIAL STATEMENT OR INFO! SECONDLY, THEY KEEP CHARGING ME INJUST LATE FEES. FORGET ABOUT CALLING AND SPEAKING WITH THEM THEY ARE THE RUDEST PEOPLE. I SENT COPIES TO PROVE THAT I WAS NOT LATE WITH MY PAYMENT, AND I RECEIVED A LETTER STATING " THEY ARE UNABLE TO WAIVE THE LATE FEES". WHAT??!!! I HAVE PROOF AND THEY ARE STILL GIVING ME A PROBLEM. IT'S HORRIBLE YOU DO THEIR PART AND PAY ON TIME, AND THEY DO NOT TREAT YOU FAIRLY OR HJMANE FOR THAT MATTER. IT'S HONESTLY LIKE SIGNING WITH THE DEVIL! IT'S AWFUL

• Je
                            Jerseyguy46 Aug 01, 2012

GE scare credit are Satan's messengers!

GECapitalCares May 30, 2012

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 053012_cb_GNY **

GE Money Bankupset

Hi my name is Tiffany Abroom, and I am up set with GE Money because I received a call talking about I was approved for a 2000.00 dollar loan and I was to go tl Wal Mart and get Two Money Cards and put 40.00 dollars on the both of them, I did it and now they say that My credit was not good and now I am out of 80.00 that they said that they were going to refund it back it has been a month I have not seen the refund check yet. So what cam I do to get my money back.

• Je
                              Jerseyguy46 May 07, 2012

Don't borrow money from them you will regret it they are the biggest scam artist's in the market today read this... General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt defended the company's payment of income taxes after protesters interrupted his speech here at the SAE World Congress.

"Tax rate was 29 percent last year, " Immelt told a couple protesters at Cobo Center as they chanted "pay your fair share" a few feet from where he was speaking.

About 20 protesters scuffled with Detroit Police before they were escorted out of the building. The protestors blew whistles and attempted to enter the SAE exhibition hall, but were forcibly blocked from doing so.

GE spokesman Gary Sheffer said the company paid a 25 percent income tax rate in the United States in 2011 — and a 29 percent rate globally.

In total, GE paid $2.9 billion globally in income tax in 2011, Sheffer said.

GE said it paid a 7 percent U.S. tax rate in 2010 because it had lost $32 billion in its financial services unit and because of other tax breaks, Sheffer said. "We paid income taxes and we paid another $1 billion in taxes across the U.S. — state, local federal."

"The folks that are protesting here are unfortunately protesting based on misinformation. We did pay taxes. Our rate was lower, " Sheffer said.

Protesters said they had tried to present Immelt with a tax bill for $26.5 billion for what they asserted GE owed in back federal income taxes under the 35 percent statutory tax rate.

"Mr. Immelt, when are you going to pay the $26 billion in taxes, " asked Shyquetta McElroy, a mother of two who traveled from Milwaukee. "I pay my taxes year after year — why doesn't GE?"

Few, if any, U.S. companies pay the statutory tax rate because of various tax breaks and incentives in the tax code.

The protesters asserted that GE has become "the poster child of American corporate tax-dodging" and argued it has been paying only a 2.3 percent effective rate over the last 10 years.

Immelt joked that the protesters had given him some "good practice" for GE's annual meeting in Detroit on Thursday. The United Auto Workers union has said it is considering protesting at the meeting.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120424/BIZ/204240397#ixzz1uE4kN5R3

GECapitalCares Apr 30, 2012

GE Capital provides private label and bankcard credit programs to retailers and consumers in the United States and Canada. We do not provide personal loans via the purchase or use of prepaid money cards, nor do we call or email potential customers to request personal information to establish prepaid cards or personal loans. The offer you outline above appears to be an attempt to fraudulently obtain money or access your confidential financial information and is not associated with, authorized or sponsored by GE Capital or GE Capital Retail Bank. If you believe you have been a victim, you should contact local authorities. More information is available at www.ftc.gov.

As a reminder, to protect your identity and the security of your financial accounts, never give your personal credit card or other financial information to people who call or email you without verifying who they are.

If you have provided your confidential information and are unsure of whether or not it was for a legitimate GE Capital program, please email us at [email protected] to reach our consumer advocacy team. Please be sure to include your name, a contact phone number and your question or concern; however, for your security do not include any account numbers or other confidential information in your email. If the information was not requested from GE Capital, we will direct you to your local legal authorities for assistance.

Ge Money Amazon CardBad Company

C/O
                            GE CRB Amazon
                            Amazon

This is a letter for dispute and for CEO of GE CBR Amazon.
                            This all starts back when I purchased this camera from Amazon. I received the camera in broken condition. It never worked correctly. I called the company that sold me the camera system on Amazon and a Manager told me to send it back in the prepaid packing slip that he would send me on an email. I boxed this up and sent it back for a refund. Then about a week later I get a package back from the vendor and it’s the original camera I sent back for a refund. When I open the box it was thrown in the box with no bubble wrap and it was flopping around. Also it had some of the lenses missing and the power cords. I then called the company and they told me that it was pass the return date and they could not accept it. I told him that a Manager told me that you would take it back due to the camera was broken when I got it. He told me that I was full of crap and I am stuck with it. I told him that it was broken and he said to send it to cannon and hung the phone up on me. I then called Amazon for a dispute to get my money back. They then told me around two weeks later that it was a 3rd party company and they could not do anything about it. They told me to call GE Amazon Card and dispute it. I then called GE to see what can be done. I spoke to customer service and they told me that they would put in a dispute for me and that I would get some paperwork in the mail. I got the paperwork in the mail and sent it back in. Time went by and I did not hear anything, then I got a bill in the mail with some late charges on it and also it showed past due notice. At this point I was worried about my perfect credit. I then called back in to GE and got a very rude lady on the phone. I then asked to speak to her supervisor and she put me on hold and around 5 minutes. Then a lady by the name of Vivian at ext 4058 got on the phone on 9/19/12. I told her my whole story and she told me that the late charges would be taken off and that she would send over to the dispute department to have this credited back to my account and they would charge back Amazon. I trusted her and she gave me her name and extension. Well some time went by and I did not hear anything from GE and then I got another bill. I called into GE and got on the phone with Abbi at ext 5185 on 10/31/11. I told her the same story of what was going on and she told me that she would try to get in touch with Vivian. I was then put on hold for 10 minutes. After being on hold she told me that she could not get in touch with Vivian. She told me that she would take care of this and I would get a bill with a 0.00 balance on it. She also credited the late charges for me and said that it was taken care of. Well that did not happen as you can tell. I then called back into the call center and this time got the rudest man on the phone that I have ever dealt with in my entire life. His name was Richard Gregory and he would not give me his extension and I hope you may find him in the notes. He should not be talking to customers. He told me that he would send me a new dispute form to fill out and I would have to start this process all over. I was very upset at this point. I have been very patience to this point. I then waited for these papers that never came and then I called one more time. The lady I got on the phone could barely speak English and she said that she would send an email to Vivian the original lady I spoke to. Guess what? I have not got a call back or an email or any more paperwork. Today I got a bill in the mail with late fees and past due amounts. I am not going to pay for this. You need to remove the amount of the camera and all of the past due amounts from my account. Also I checked my credit report today and there is a bad mark on it. Please also have this removed from the credit reports. Please let me know when this is all taken care of.

Sincerely
                            Michael J Sheets

GECapitalCares Mar 07, 2012

Michael - I apologize for your experience and difficulties in getting this resolved. A member or our consumer advocacy team has left a message via the phone number assoicated with your account. We look forward to hearing back from you so we can assist.

GE MONEYinsane interest payments

I accepted a 11K loan in 2007. I was told it was a 5 year loan and I would be responsible for 60 monthly payments of 262.04 and the loan would be paid off. In 2010, I saw I still had 8000 to pay off. I have never missed a payment and now, today, my payoff amount is 9400. When I called up I was told I still had 62 installments, so 62 months left to pay it off. After making calculations, this is going to cost me 30K for an 11K loan. Customer service cannot explain to me how any of this is possible.

GE MONEYConstant, all day phone calls

I have been getting numerous calls from GE Money on my home phone for about 10 days now, 10 to 12 calls a day, even on SUNDAY!!! I don’t answer these calls as ALL my bills are paid on time, every month!! They never left a message.

Finally I got fed up with seeing they had been calling and turned my home phone ringer off, I then called the number from the caller ID and got the credit department at JC Penney. I ended up talking to THREE people before getting an “account specialist”. All had India accents.

I told the man that they could clearly see my account has been paid ON TIME, EVERY MONTH. He confirmed this, and he said “is it possible you have someone else on your account using your card”?? Ummm…no. I check my statement every month. He said it was possible someone else is using my home number as their contact. I then asked the man to PLEASE check his records by searching my home number to make sure my account is the ONLY account registered to the phone number. He told me he couldn’t give me that information. I protested telling him I wanted the calls to stop, that he could see that my account is CURRENT and NOT past due, and to PLEASE get to the bottom of the issue and find out why they are calling me. I do think someone used MY number as their contact, and their account is past due, thus the calls.

The man promised me that the calls would stop.

A half hour later I saw that they once again had called!!! If it continues I will send them a certified letter via snail-mail demanding they stop with dates and time I *tried* to get this issue resolved. If that fails I will be contacting the F.T.C.

I frankly told the man that I would be scouring my credit and there had better not be anything false or wrongly added to my credit file because someone is using my home number for their delinquent JC Penney charge account. The man told me they don’t report to credit bureaus accounts based on phone numbers.

I just hope I am not a victim of identity theft.