Having problems with Lowe's?

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
P.O. Box 1111
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

harbor breeze remote ceiling fanremote control not working

I had 3 ceiling fans professionally installed. One has been erratic since installation and has a mind of its own. The two on my enclosed porch worked fine until yesterday. Now I cant turn one one on and I can't shut the other off.

Lowe'sterrible customer service

We bought a Samsung dryer two years ago and it broke down (does not heat up). We bought 4 years extended warranty so we called Lowes. They schedule a tech. We had to wait a few days until he came. He came and said he has to order a part. So we waited another week and he came and changed the part. He left and the dyer worked for a day and it broke down again. Had to call Lowes again and wait another few days for the service guy to come. He came and said he needs another part. So we had to wait another week. Then he came and changed another part and said this time it should work. So I washed a load and put it in the dryer. After 20 minutes the dryer still is cold. So called Lowes service center again and a woman called Leslie said she was going to send a different technician on Thursday (which was yesterday). But nobody showed up yesterday. So I just called the service center this morning and they said they don't have a record of Leslie scheduling anything! So I had talked to a ghost at Lowes! Now we are out of a dryer for more than a month! So I asked to talk to a supervisor named Perry. Perry firmly gave me two options: 1. We have to wait at least 3 days until he talkes to the service guy. 2. We have to wait at least 3 days (today is Friday) until his supervisor can call us the earliest 3 days later on Monday. In the meantime, we are still without a functioning dryer. And Perry insists that he was offering us solutions (that is keep letting us to wait). I can't believe it. What kind of employees Lowe's are hiring? This is really low and beyond belief. They have no consideration for customers' concern and need and all they are doing is to lie and stall. I feel sorry that Lowes have such incompetent and uncaring employees on their payroll and I am mad that we still have no dryer after all this waiting. I wish the CEO of Lowe's can read this complaint and do something about it.

Lowe’slowe's brand new windows make loud noises

We live in sparks oklahoma and bought new windows in febuary 2012 had the installed in march 2012 (from lowe’s in shawnee oklahoma). we have been trying to get an issue taken care of within two days of having our windows installed. there is a whistling sound coming from our windows every time there is a strong wind. the first complaient brought back the same installers that put our windows in.

The window in the living room needed a tiny piece of stripping that he replaced (he saw daylight through the window which I thought should’ve beed found on day (one) of installing and the inspection) and told us the problem was fixed. next he moved to the bedroom windows (we ask that all windows be checked) and he informed us that we didn’t close the windows properly and he closed them and said the problem was fixed there also.

A few days later when the strong winds made the same noises we started calling right away. we have been put off at every turn and we are very unhappy with these windows and people telling us that oklahoma winds sometimes causes problems like this (something about the weepholes around the windows. I don’t care about all that.. I want my windows fixed.

A phone call this morning from mike, we were told we are a ” waiting list” and it will probably be three more weeks ” but the work order has been turned in”. is that suspossed to satisfy us? it doesn’t!!! we moved here from choctaw oklahoma and had brand new windows put in before we sold our house.

We have experienced the oklahoma winds for the past 7 years that we’ve lived here.. but those windows never made nosies like these do, and in fact the windows that were in this old house in sparks, never made noises either and this house was built in the 80′s so please don’t tell me that it’s going to happen sometimes.

I could go and on about how unhappy I am and I don’t care who’s at fault here, the installers, the manufacturer, lowe’s.. please get this problem fixed. now, not three weeks from now! i’d like to know what kind of list we’re on too, that we have to wait that long to get this solved. I would never recomend lowe’s for windows to anybody. that’s a fact!

Lowe’slowe's problems with dishwasher sales and installation

I am writing to inform you of my recent experience with Lowes. I have been a customer of your store for many years. As recently, as October I spent close to $2000.00 on a new washer dryer, but I will no longer be purchasing anything from Lowes in the future.
        This week I made a purchase via your online store. I bought a dishwasher and was told that the delivery was free. They said they would be at my house on Wednesday morning to deliver, install, and remove the broken washer. I rearranged my day, got my son a ride to school, and changed a work commitment so that I would be here for your delivery truck. Two very nice men brought the washer into the kitchen and informed me that they had no idea how to disconnect the current washing machine and that they did not do installation.

I called Lowes in Danvers Massachusetts and spoke with the delivery supervisor named Crit. Crit said he wished he could fix it but there was nothing he could do. It wasn’t his fault that the sales person misled me about installation and he couldn’t “just send someone who was hanging around” to come and solve the problem. I refused to sign for the machine and sent it back with the deliverymen. I then spoke with Hagan in your online customer care department. He apologized for the sales girl who did not give me the proper information and said he would help me solve it. He connected me to the Danvers manager named Matt. Matt said he could have a deliveryman out to my home and would bring the washer back but was charging me $225.00 for installation.

I refused and went to a local storeowner; who charged me the same price as you. He charged me for installation, which I will happily pay because I understood what I was paying for and was not misled. Matt and Crit handled this situation deplorably. He absolutely should not have charged me for installation because it was the fault of a Lowes employee that I was not informed. I am extremely disappointed with the way I was treated. I plan to remodel two bathrooms this summer and will NOT be coming to Lowes for any of my supplies. You have just lost a good customer thanks to extremely poor management.

In this down economy customer service is the one thing that will keep people coming back. You may want to inform your employees of this.

Lowe’slowe's home improvement really sucks

Bought it. Beautiful. Leaked from day 1. Reworked it and silicone and caulk and even fiberglass repair kit. Still leaks. It is in the design. Hate this thing. Poorly made and Lowes puts in out on display like its royalty. Also, every review at their website says this shower is a pathetic joke, wish I had read them before I bought it. Just once I wish Lowes would stand by what they ” promise “, I dropped off a snowblower for repair. Was “promised ” I would get in back in about 7 days. Ok, so 7 or 8 or 9 days later, you would assume that the work is done and ready for pickup.

Well, I called 5 days after I dropped it off to see how the repair is going and I’m told that it hasn’t even gone out for repair yet. As a matter of fact, it isnt going out for repair for 2 more days. I should be able to pick it up on or about the 25 th. Of the month….( 14 days after I dropped it off ). Letme say this, I don’t care that it will take DOUBLE the time “promised”… I care that I was, mislead at best or lied to at worst…. This is strike 3 for Lowes. As I type this, my Lowes credit card is going through the shredder and I am going to re- new my HomeDepot card….. THE END.

Lowes Home Improvement Storesrefusal to record a payment correctly

I unknowingly made two payments within the same billing period. One payment was made before the December due date. Then, because we were going to be out of town, I accidently made my next payment for my January bill a day before the billing cycle was complete for December. I continued to make my regular monthly payments for the next several months on time (several days before the due date) when I began noticing a late fee and a past due amount. I immediately called Lowes thinking they didn't receive a payment or somehting like that. The robot on the phone waived the late fee. The following month, there was that late fee again. This time I pulled up my records and gathered my past statements and discovered they applied my January payment to the December instead of January. I called again and tried to explain this to the representative. She said she understood and would take care of it and waive the late fee. Just recieved my May statement with a past due amount and another late fee. Called again. Spent an hour on the phone on hold for the majority of the time while they transferred me around to various supervisors. In the end, Supervisor #3 finally GOT what I was telling her and, although Supervisor #2 lied and told me he could not pull up my past history, Supervisor #3 was able to do so and agreed that the payment had been made, however, since the credit card reform laws were revised in 2010, they would no longer make adjustments. It is now their guidelines to "encourage" customers to make a double payment to "catch up" and avoid future late charges. Isn't that nice? Since they can no longer collect the fees the way that they have in the past, they have established new guidelines to make it harder for their good customers. If you have a Lowes Credit card, pay it off and refrain from shopping with them.

• Ge
                GECapitalCares May 08, 2012

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 050912_cb_Twin123**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
                - Mailing address associated with the account
                - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
                Nicole
                GE Capital

• Ki
                KIMBO7154 Jul 13, 2012

So funny that I just got off the phone with Lowes regarding the very same thing! I actually got penalized for making a payment early! I made two payments in the same month and then I was told I only owed 100 payment. Of course when I got my bill there was a late fee and my new payment was 302. I called and even talked to a Supervisor and she said they do not credit a payment made in the same "pay cycle" or month toward payment due the next month! so basically you get penalized if you make an early payment. Of course they told me they would cancel my late fee but I am sure that this is the first card I pay off. with 24% APR and now this scam of penalizing you for an early payment is it.

• Ha
                handygirl Nov 06, 2012

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one that got penalized for making a payment "early" (one day before the billing cycle ended). Isn't that amazing! You're penalized if you make a late payment and you're penalized if you make an early payment. You would honestly think Lowe's would appreciate your making a payment, period! I called to make an automated payment today and it advised me I owed $550 by November 28, 2012. I was connected to an agent who explained to me why I owed that amount--she then connected me to someone in the "hardship" department as I was not able to come up with the whole amount since we are on a fixed income. Since I had made my so-called October payment on Oct.5, that meant, according to Lowe's, that two payments had been made in September since the end of the billing cycle for Sept. ended on Oct.5. Of course I had been a "loyal customer" since 1985 and had not been late on a payment...the person said, however that didn't change the fact that they supposedly could do nothing to apply that payment to October where it was intended to be applied. The agent literally had me audibly crying (maybe I'm a cry baby), but I was trying to contain myself and was sort of silent for a moment, and the agent said, "I know you're there, I can hear you". The ignorant comment took me quite by surprise, I couldn't help I was upset and I tried to explain I get emotional when dealing with situations such as this. The agent asked if I knew anyone in my family or anyone else who could loan me the money to make the "double" payment to "catch me up to date". I advised I didn't rely on anyone else to pay my bills. Short of the story is, I made a $275 payment today (Nov.6) and still owe another at least $275 by Nov.28. I know a billing cycle is a billing cycle...but my goodness...give us a break! Surely to God Lowe's could bend just a little. I'm seriously considering going to my local credit union and borrowing the money to pay Lowe's off, since the interest rate there is less than half that of Lowe's, and take my business elsewhere. Obviously, being a "loyal customer" for 27 years with a good credit history means nothing to Lowe's anymore!

• Fo
                ForrestCo Nov 19, 2012

Also, whatever you do never-ever use your Lowes credit card to carry no-interest promo purchase AND make regular 5% Lowes Card discount purchases. It’s OK to do one or the other but never carry both together. The reason is because when you make a monthly payment, even if it’s above the minimum amount due, even if the payment is enough to cover the 5% discounted purchases in full for that billing period plus the amount to cover any minimum amount due for the no-interest promo purchases, the amount paid for that billing period will be proportionately divided among all of your outstanding credit purchases. This will leave a balance due on the regular 5%-discount purchases which incurs an interest charge which easily offsets any 5% discount saving.

The same goes for returns. If you make a return of an item purchased on your Lowes credit card, and let’s say the item was purchased taking the 5% discounted regular-purchase deal, the return credit will be proportionately divided among your outstanding balances on both interest free-promo purchase and regular purchases. For this reason, your regular purchases balance will be higher that you would expect which will undoubtedly incur unexpected interest charges. In the last two to three years since I’ve had my Lowes credit card featuring the 5% discount deal, I have incurred more interest charges and been on the phone with GE Capital customer service than I have with all the other credit-cards that I’ve carry for over the last 30+years combined. Except for long term no interest promo deals, I always pay every credit-card in-full monthly since I have carried a credit card. With the Lowes Card, I would think that I was paying enough to not incur any interest charges, but for the above highly obscured reasons, I found that I was wrong. I even one had the GE Capital customer-service rep tell me that she wished that the payment credit terms were spelled out clearly as it would make her job easier. GE Capital not only needs to spell out the terms more clearly on the r website and printed statement, but also needs to allow the customer to direct which portion of your payment gos to pay down which purchases.

I did finally solve this problem today. I paid the total amount in full, even though I carried a number of interest-free promos with lot of time left, but it’s just is not worth the hassle of dealing with Lowes and GE Capital’s deceptive practices. From now on I’ll use my Discover Card do most of home improvement shopping at Home Depot and Ace, and Lowes can keep their so-call deals.

Lowes — repair

Bought a power washer 10 months ago, used 2 times. When trying to use it this spring wouldn't start...

Harbor Breeze Paradiso Ceiling Fan — remote not working

I purchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan from Lowes and the remote stopped working. You would think a...

Harbor Breeze — remote unit in ceiling not working

We have four Harbor Breeze ceiling fans model # 192909. Three of them work fine. One works with the remote to...

Lowe’sstopped va veterans discount at lowe's

I was recently told that you stopped the va discount except for active or retired. Active is away serving as I did for several years, retired is spent 20 years and collecting pension from government and probably went on to put another 20 years with another company and collecting yet another pension and possibly collecting social security as well. Thats 3 incomes against my one small income. So in my opinion you are penalizing those of us who fought for your freedon and some of us lost limbs and some of us spend a lot of time in VA hospitals for injurys received protecting people like you.

WE are the ones who need the discounts, not the active or retired. Once again Corporate Amarica rears its ugly head and takes it out on The little guy. Last year I spent several thousand dollars in your store because of the discount you gave The American Fighting Man. I also purchase a lot of material for my job. NO MORE LOWES FOR US I will also recruit my fellow veterans at the VA hospital to start a revolt against Lowes and anyone else who forgets or doesn’t care about what we fought for.

I will tell everyone I know and meet to take their business back to the LITTLE GUYS that you tried to run out of business Unless by chance you have a change of heart and reinstate the needed discount to those of us who need it. If you would like to reply to me…

Lowe’sno help loading lumber

I am a 65 year old woman and able to do physical lifting—thank goodness—because if I go to Lowes, I know they will never help me load or transfer product to my pickup truck. Today I purchased 27 2 X 6 boards 10 and 8′ long. I asked a male clerk for help who was walking around in the lumber dept and he simply nodded his head and disappeared. He did return when he saw I had loaded up the boards and offered to find more 8′ boards because the bin was empty.

He came back w/ a heister loaded w/ more boards, put them onto the shelf and then disappeared again. When I checked out I told the female cashier that I would like someone to help me load. No one showed up. I loaded my truck with these heavy wet boards and guess who was now being a cashier? The same young fellow. He did stop what he was doing to run out and help another fellow his own age load up his truck w/ plywood. Bypassed me on the way back to grab my cart when I put the final board into my pickup.

This is typical service at lowes. I try not to go there and avoid the place most of the time. I regret going today!! Hope not to give into the convenience of the store location again to buy product. Lowes sucks!!

Lowe'squestionable sales tactics

Before I begin, one has to understand where I come from. I put a lot of stock in my faith. My family, the members of my church, our pastor, and the contractors with whom I am networked (who are either from within my church or of like faith) all hold the concept of integrity, honor, and fidelity very sacred. This is why I post this today, and why I am shocked and disgusted that a company such as Lowe’s would condone such actions from within their staff.
                  Toward the end of February, the network of contractors I work with were picked for a project for a client at three different locations; a project that will take us well through the spring, summer, and into early fall. To give this client the best possible estimate, an associate of mine (my Church Pastor) and I visited the Lowe’s Store #0615, 10580 Duke Dr., Alpharetta, GA 30004. I went straight away to Commercial Services while my pastor went to a couple different departments to find what we’d needed for this project.
                  I was met by Amanda. She was young; too young to be knowledgeable for what I was looking for, in my opinion. Surprisingly, she was very helpful and was able to answer my questions as they came up. However, she seemed very eager to secure my order right then and there after I’d already explained what it was I was trying to accomplish at that point in time – only comparative shopping for the sake of the project at hand. She then became visibly frustrated, and began to flirt with me quite aggressively. I made certain that she caught sight of my wedding band, but it was obvious that she paid no mind to such things. She made it evident that she was going to try any tactic she could to secure this sale then and there.
                  As I was trying to politely wrap up this visit, my Pastor joined us. In an apparent final act of desperation, this Amanda then leans in, quite leeringly, and asks, “What would it take to get you to secure your purchase here, today, and now? I’ll do anything to ensure you both leave happy and with everything you’d both want as men.”
                  Already uncomfortable with the situation, I politely advised her that we do NOT operate our business in such a manner, bid her good day, and left the store IMMEDIATELY. As we turned to walk away, this young lady also muttered a very UNLADYLIKE dismissal that readily described what she intended to do with us to “secure” this sale. We left, disposing of the notes taken during this visit. and proceeded to discuss our other options as we walked to our vehicle. As we were standing behind our truck, discussing our next destination, and answering/returning a couple of phone calls, Amanda was either leaving for lunch or leaving for the day (it was between 3 and 3:30 pm). She made a point to drive clear across the parking lot, directly to where we were, and then waved a very inappropriate, one fingered hand gesture at us as she sped away. I think I need not tell you which finger.
                  A day or two later, I phoned this location to speak with a manager about the incident. I was left on hold for fifteen to twenty minutes. Someone returned to my call, asked for my contact information and what the call was in regard to. When I spoke of the situation, I was hung up on and have not heard back since.
                  I then submitted my complaint to the corporate offices, who have since returned my correspondence with requests for repetitive accounts of the incident, as well as other information not relevant to the subject at hand; obviously not willing to take the matter under investigation or do anything about it.
                  Our Pastor, having witnessed this incident first hand, has since called for a full church wide boycott of Lowe’s and their subsidiaries, and has passed the call to his colleagues who serve churches/congregations of similar faith and denomination. I know I’ll never shop Lowe’s again, nor will my family.
                  It’s a shame that a company as big and well known as Lowe’s would encourage their employees to resort to prostitution to make a profit. However, after reading the complaints posted on websites such as this, I can see why their reputation is so bad.

Ge Lowesdenied problem with goods and services

Ge lowes credit card refused to charge back the exterior door purchase denying anything wrong with product. Exterior door warped and lowes provided very poor customer service in that it took five mo. To get it replaced and the customer had to take lead and encourage it done. store employee even tried calling the door manufacturer and telling them that I had no warranty since I attempted a chargeback. Rather than customer service, lowes employees almost seem to try to intentionally harm the customer who reports a warranty issue.

• Ge
                        GECapitalCares Feb 29, 2012

I saw and responded to your post on another board; however, wanted to ensure you saw. We'd like to research your account and assist.

** To expedite your case, please ensure to provide Reference code DM 022912_pc_AnonLD **

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
                        - Mailing address associated with the account
                        - Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
                        Nicole
                        GE Capital

harbor breeze remotecold weather

I'm having issues with remote and switch not working when its cold outside the box is mounted on exterior wall but wall is insulated. On a warm day everything works perfect but when it gets cold nothing works or you hit light switch and fan turns on or vice versa

• Si
                          Simon Henry Feb 12, 2012

Good Day,
                          I am urgently in need of someone who can help me invest my funds in
                          his Country for mutual cooperation and benefit. If interested respond
                          back for more details, I will appreciate your quick response in this
                          regards on my e-mail box [protected]@ibibo.com

Thanks
                          Simon Henry

Lowes Home Center — store ethics ~terry dale brame

From a customer stand point: A relative bought one of their lawn mowers. It ran for 20 minutes and quit. A...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Ran — remote failed

The remote worked one time. Then...nothing. The fan will not run - the light can be turned on and off, but...

Lowe’s — lowe's sucks and so does customer care

I was shoppping at my local Lowes, I had an employee walk up to my shopping cart full of my soon to be...

Lowesappliances

I purchase a washing machine in Lowe's/ we having problem with this machine sent the first day we had it. First time Lowe's change for a new one/ second time they did the same/ third time I went to the store and told the manager of the store that I had another problem with the machine. The machine eat the clothing and broking all of them. I told Mr. Jim that I need a new machine. He said you need to call the your Lowe's warranty personal . This is situation I had 3 girls an i am 100 disable veterans. We cant wait for long time. I even call Home office=sent message to the CEO of Lowe's. That was 3 week ago. Today they decide to sent a person to work in the machine. Warning if you plan to has a appliances from Lowe's go to another store before you get one. The system or warranty suck. I even tell the manager of the store. Can you chahttp://www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint/#nge for another one I paid the different. He said Now. Because before it change for a new one. a contractor company has to see the machine 3 time. He said other way he has to get stock with the old machine. and he will loose money. That was the answer. Now I had to wait until the machine work improperly again before I had a change to change or Lowe's replaced again.TODAY THE CONTRACTOR CAME TO THE HOUSE CHANGE ALL THE PART OF THE MACHINE. IF THE MANAGER OF THE STORE CHANGE THE MACHINE= WE NOT HAD TO GO TO ALL THIS MESS. THIS STORE ONLY WANT TO MAKE MONEY. THEY NOT HELP THE CUSTOMER..THEY WANT TO RUIN THE CUSTOMER.

Loweslowes reviews site

Lowes reviews site will not publish negative reviews. I have written several reviews recently because I am completely remodeling an older home. The positive reviews were gleefully accepted. The 2 negative ones - a Samsung washer that won't spin to completion sometimes and a Portfolio (Lowes brand) LED track light - are simply rejected with a form letter for no reason and no recourse. I do not write reviews with invective or other unacceptable language. Lowes corporate is being fundamentally dishonest. I hope many people read this because the internet is a great way to inform oneself on consumer services and products. I have not seen this behavior from Amazon or NewEgg for instance. So beware! -> Lowes reviews are filtered to provide overall good scores, which means their review site is biased!

• Ci
                              Cindy Balch Dec 18, 2015

I couldn't agree more. I bought a GE Washer and Dryer less than a year ago, based on the glowing reviews it received on Lowes website. The washer is a complete piece of junk and has broken THREE times in less than 3 months. Lowes won't take it back after 30 days so I had to contact GE. GE is giving me the run around and has repaired the piece of garbage twice and is now "having the review board" decide what to do since it's broken for the third time. It will be out of warranty in about three weeks so I'm sure they are hoping to keep me at bay until then. I trusted Lowes to have accurate reviews on their website and boy, was I stupid. If you research GE washers on other sites you will find that they are complete pieces of junk, with thousands of complaints. Not only has GE lost a customer, Lowes has as well. I'm sorry that I went through Lowes to have my kitchen remodeled a couple of years ago. The work was mediocre at best, and overpriced. I'm DONE with Lowes for life.

Lowes — 10% military discount is a joke

I am an honorably discharged Vietnam vet that served consectively 4 yrs 10mths and 8 days on active duty yet...