Menards company logo
Menards
reviews & complaints
Menards
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

541 complaints
102 resolved 439 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Menards reviews & complaints

Menards complaints 541

Menards - Commercial garage doors

I bought two commercial doors (10'wide X 12'high). I purchased them on August 9, 2021. The original delivery date was November 9. I then get an update that the doors were pushed back to Dec 9. I'm assuming this was due to them not being put into the system/ordered until September 25. Now, fast forward to December 11, 2021. I still have heard nothing from anyone. I called Menards and they tell me my doors are laying in the storage area. For how long? I don't know. So I drove an hour to the store, only to find out my doors aren't complete. They don't have any springs included & the salesman didn't order the additional brackets I need for openers. I was told by the manager at the store they are expected to be there by Dec 22. They then call me sometime after Christmas, before Jan 1st and tell me my springs are in. So I drive another hour, only to find out they only sent ONE spring for each door. The guy at Menards argued with me that those doors only need 1 spring. So after realizing it's doing no good to argue with him, because he's the salesman and obviously knows more than me about garage doors, I drive home, another hour. I installed the spring, only to find out I WAS RIGHT. I do need two springs. The next day, another hour drive, each way, to the store and back. To get my other springs they told me "must be there somewhere", only to then be told they weren't delivered. They told me they should be there within a week. Well it's now been three weeks, I still don't have doors I can use. I built a $50, 000 building and my trucks sit outside. I can't plow my driveway because my tractor is stuck inside. Why? BECAUSE I CANT OPEN MY DOORS! I have spent a lot of extra time and money on this issue.
This is unacceptable.

Desired outcome: I’d like to be able to use my garage doors I payed for. I feel like some sort of monetary adjustment is appropriate

Menards - Assembly of a TV Fireplace Stand

We went into Menards in Antioch and found a TV Fireplace stand. We found two works talking and asked for help. One worker assisted us and attempted to answer questions on this TV Fireplace stand. We told the worker that we wanted it assembled and delivered. The worker said it comes in a box and it will not require much assembly. I explained that we did not want a large assembly project. He said it would only need the heater put into the unit and it would be easy. We purchased the unit. Paid for delivery. The delivery men said upon delivery that there shouldn't be much assembly with no drawers. We opened the box the the delivery guys laughed. This Unit comes in a million pieces. A ton of hardware to install. the Unit comes completely disassembled and is required to all be put together. Needless to say how disappointed we are. We attempted to put this unit together and it isn't going to well. Not surprisingly, because we are not handymen. We called a handyman service and they want TIME and another $350.00 for two hours work. We have already paid for the Unit. Paid Menards to deliver and put in lower part of house and now we are expected to shell out another $350.00 or more.

Menards workers failed to tells us this unit needs total assembly.
They lied to us by telling us it would only require a little easy assembly.
We were very clear about not wanting to assemble a TV stand and would rather purchase one already assembled.

I will NEVER buy or go into a Menards Store again.
I will tell everyone I can how messed up this was and costly for retired people. I will find a social media site and explain to the buyer beware.

I called the Store requesting to speak with a Manger. I got someone very young identifying herself as a front manager who sounded young. After explaining the delivery and issue, she stated I will transfer you to delivery. I asked her if that is how we resolve this and she said yes. We don't come out and assemble. I spoke with Menards delivery and he stated that I would have to PAY to have them come out and return the unit. I asked him why would have to PAY again for something that was not our fault and we were mislead by store employees that we would be okay. I asked to speak to the Upper manager of the store and was transferred to the General Manager. I explained to him the whole story, explained that we attempted to put it together, wasted a day, lots of aggravation. So, I requested to have the store waive the delivery fees for all the trouble and call it a day. We were disconnected. No answer to my request.

Desired outcome: Buyer beware

Menards - Assembly of a TV Fireplace Stand

Menards workers failed to tells us this unit needs total assembly.
They lied to us by telling us it would only require a little easy assembly.

I will NEVER buy or go into a Menards Store again.

Desired outcome: Buyer beware

Menards - Stolen Rebate Check

I am owed a rebate check from Menards in the amount of $48.30. They sent the check to me on 11/03. The USPS email I received concerning the day's mail indicated it was coming on 11/08. I never received it and it was cashed by someone else on 11/15. Since Menards does not require ID when people cash these rebates, it is like sending money in the mail. I have contacted Menards rebate center and they brushed me off and told me to tell the police. I sent a letter to the corporate office and they said the same. If they are going have this tedious rebate system, they need have protection against these rebates being stolen. Without checking ID, there is no protection. Just give us the 11% rebate at the store.

Desired outcome: A rebate check for $48.30

Good luck. I’m still waiting for my 11% rebate check for $2000 worth of garage doors I can’t use (They were shipped incomplete). They told me I needed to send in original receipt, so I did. Now they “have no record of it” and won’t except a copy of the receipt for proof. So basically, I’ll never see that rebate check!

Menards - My pillow

While shopping for many things in the Menards ad, they were out of almost everything on my list. When I found the My Pillow, I was very happy as it is one of the few things "in stock" and what my kid asked for. When I go to the register it rings for $10 more than what is in the ad. The checker calls the manager and says after looking at my product that it is the wrong one. I told him there were no other ones over in the section. After he comes back from looking he tells me they are out of stock. I asked him if I could get the one I have for the same price. The manager says no instead of going ahead and accommodating my request. I tried to explain that three force of the things that I came there for, that were in the ad, we're out of stock. The manager seemed as if that didn't matter. It would've been nice as a sign of good customer service to do that one thing.

Desired outcome: I would like to see Menards in accommodating the price difference of the my pillow sense like so many other things they were out of stock.

Menards - Kitchen countertops

About 2 weeks ago, I sent a complaint form into the corporate office via snail mail. I was told by our local Menard's (Lancaster, OH) that I could expect to hear back from someone at corporate regarding my complaint. I have not received any calls from you that I am aware of. I would hope that if someone calls and I am unable to answer that they would leave a message. I am trying to find out what your response is to my request. I tried calling, but the recording only states to send a letter via USPS or an email. Now, I hope to hear from you since I have now tried all my options. What happened was that when we picked up and installed our new countertops, afterwards I realized that the two sides of the kitchen did not match. Our local store has since replaced the incorrect side.

Desired outcome: What I had requested was that you cover the expense of having the incorrect countertops to be removed and the new one installed. I included an invoice for that work to be done in the paperwork I mailed to you.

S

Menards - 16x24 Garage Building Kit

About the first of September, I ordered a 16x24 garage kit from the NW Menards in Wichita, KS. From the day of delivery the nightmare began.
We began to realize that some of what was on the order weren't delivered and some items delivered weren't on the order! After much frustration, I asked for someone to come out and look the situation over and bring what was supposed to be delivered, and take back the stuff that wasn't on the order! Of course, they couldn't do that!
The first real major problem was that we were short two rafters. When I called I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to have them ready! We ended up making our own. Later on, when it was time to place them and deck the roof, we discovered that they were made with the worst lumber they could find on location, I guess. They were extremely crooked and it was a battle to get them lined up correctly.
I could go on and on about the extra trips, the worthless apologies, and an attitude that we just don't freaking care!
Today, I just returned over $1, 300 dollars of unused material. Some items were like the gutters. I decided to go seamless. I also returned the two walk-in doors I had ordered. I had been told by two other contractors that they have had nothing but trouble with doors from Menards.
Once the assistant manager started going through all the junk, he began to realize the true extent of the screwups! The doors I just mentioned were supposed to be identical. It turned out that one of them was a special order door. I can't really say what I was supposed to get, but they were to be the same door. There was a $70 difference between the two. At least the manager accepted the return on the special order one.
Then, they delivered 1x6 metal facia trim, but the kit called for 2x6. There were supposed to be only 9 of them, but when they counted what I brought back there were 12! There were other smaller discrepancies, but this assistant manager was beginning to get the picture that I had a legitimate beef with Menards. But each time he started to utter an apology I verbally slapped him down by saying your apologies just don't cut it!
As I was waiting through the whole process, people were walking by and seeing all that was going on. I kept telling people that they should never buy a building kit from Menards!
I will never enter another Menards the rest of my life!

Desired outcome: Store credit of $400 for my extensive time, gas on multiple trips to resole Menard employe mistakes.

Am interesting complaint to be sure. But Scott ends it by saying he'll never step into another Menards but then request a $400 in store credit.

S
Dec 04, 2021

I have told my terrible experience above! But my experience with your company tells me that you flat out have ZERO regard for your customers! I have already filled out similar reviews on 7 other sites, and I will continue to leave reviews on all sites I can find. I am very pissed right now. While in the store, as the assistant manager, and others, worked through the mess I didn't hesitate to tell other customers to never buy a building kit from Menards.

Menards - A/C cover for winter

My 86 year old mother bought an AC cover on sale. It was recommended by two employees to fit her dimensions. They had square and round model covers. She got the round and it would not fit. I returned...

Menards - Price/ employees/ rebates

I am switching from Menards to home Depot. I recently bought a vanity at home Depot that my wife picked out and looking at all the fixtures home Depot had I decided I would buy at Menards instead. That was a mistake. They were all the same but about $20 more at Menards. Roughly 20% more. I bought it anyway - I had a rebate to use up. Unfortunately I lost the rebate- completely my fault. I bought the fixture and door handles In my cart anyway. Service counter could not put a hold on my lost rebate- they found it in the system but unable to do anything. The employees at home Depot are generally a little older and better trained.
No more Menards I think

Desired outcome: Find and put a hold on my rebate

Menards - rebate money back

I bought a lot of stuff from Menard believing I will get 11% rebate money back. First few times I have received my money back but the last two I sent one indicated on the status it was mailed on July 15, 2021 and the one I sent after that is not even showing status yet. didn't receive any of my money back. I bought a lot of staff and I have been waiting for month and I received zero money.

Menards - Delivery guy damaged my new refrigerator.

On Nov. 6, 2021 I brought my new refrigerator from Menards Store #3333
address is 7800 Lakeland Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, MN [protected] Phone number is [protected]. My delivery date was Monday 7th, 2021. When I got my refrigerator at 7:30PM and to find out that my clear item holders was crack and broken. I called customer services and they told me to contacted Menards online under "damaged Items". Attached is the email I file for damage goods and Joey reply back to me that he won't able to help me due because I brought at the store. So he has no access to looked up my number. I then contacted the delivery service on my Delivery Agreement and turned out that no one has respond back to me. I'm upset because I'm spending alot of money on my refrigerator and to find out it was damage and no ones wanted to helped me with it. All I want was just to replace the damage items. Attached is all the conversations and invoice.

Oct 28, 2021

Menards - general manager and online order Hollister Missouri location

I placed a order on October 4th for vinyl railing for one of my clients with a delivery date of October 18th. when it did not arrive I called the store and spoke with building materials. I was told it they did not know when it was being delivered. I explained how this was for a client and I needed a delivery date so I could pass the information on. I was told there was nothing that could be done and "it is what it is". I then said I would like a refund so I could get the material elsewhere a my client was highly upset and I didn't need the material if my client cancelled because of the delay. I was then told I could only get some of my money back and they would gladly do that for me. this was unacceptable so I called the gm of store. he then told me he would call the vendor and find out what was going on and get me a date of delivery date. He then called me back and explained there was a delay but it would be in Hollister store on the 27th. he then told me he would refund that money in full if that did not work out. I talked to my client and they agreed that would be fine to wait till 27th. it is the 28th and my product is still not in store. I called to talk to another gm named Hanna and am told it is in the Sullivan store 2-3 hrs away. I asked when it would be in store and am now told by gm Hanna they don't know and give me a date. I am also told by Hanna very rudely I can get some money back if I don't want the product any longer. I pleaded with her to let me know when it would be in but she said she would have to call the Sullivan store to find out and she wasn't going to do that for me. I don't understand why these new employees can be so rude and disrespectful especially when dealing with a dilemma such as this one. I am on the verge of loosing this account with my client because of the rudeness and unhelpfulness of the staff at Hollister Menards. we live in a very small town and I do a lot of business here. I never had such poor customer service in this area as I have with this menards

Desired outcome: i would like the material i ordered asap for my client and a new gm that is understanding and helpful to the needs of the customers

Menards - unethical behavior, lack of training employees

On Oct. 20, 2021, I purchased 6 kitchen cabinets, to be picked up by rented truck. They were tied up all in the highest tower one could imagine. Then, the teenager employee forklifted them in my truck bed. As a first time DIY-er, I had no experience, and the employee did not say "break the tower apart, secure each cabinet on the bed of the truck", or tie that tower of cabinets. I did not feel like breaking the package that was so carefully wrapped. So, i lost all cabinets on the road. So light they were, they fell God knows where exactly on my trip home.

Menards in Champaign lacks basic employee training. Except greeting us and thanking us for purchases, they are "no" people, they will invoke policies every step of the way just to place obstacles in your path, despite the $20, 000 plus of purchases I made at menards in the last year to remodel my house.

Today, because of employee' lack of training, caring for customers, giving advice to DIY-ers, I lost $600 in cabinets.
The manager, of course, blamed me for not securing the cabinets, but one wonder, why would they tie my cabinets in a huge package so carefully and fully and forklift it as such in my truck?
I am attaching the picture from the store surveillance camera, showing how incompetent Menards employees are in providing support to customers. How inexistent training is to make sure customers (who are not contractors) get home safe with their load, how little training managers have in dealing with customers like me to diffuse the sadness, the loss, and acknowledge their part of the fault. As a woman, I had to do remodelling work by myself, given the lack of workers and available companies. Too bad Menards is not thoughtful and competent to deal with clients' needs in a responsible manner. Actually they are jeopardizing people's lives.

Desired outcome: full refund and apologies

Menards - Product sheet rock mud

I purchased drywall mud & when I opened it the product was used. Seems someone returned it & your employees just put it back in stock. This is the second time I have bought someone's return without it being checked by employees. I live 2 hours away from your store & driving back is not an option. Please check before you put it back in stock. Disappointed! I've spent over $3000 at your store for new construction!

Menards - Blue ridge firm queen mattress

Purchased a serta frim mattress on 3/12/21.
It is for a 15 year old girl that weight is 150lbs
after 3 months it was already caving in and just keeps getting worse.
I am disappointed with this purchase as it should last a lot
longer than a few months. I finnaly decided that i should file
a complaint as this is so sub-standard was not worth the money.
It being a serta i thought it should be fine but no.
I shop menards almost weekly have rehabed a house bought
appliances spent a lot of money there
now i have to buy another mattress as i cannot let her sleep
on a caving in mattress.
This is so unacceptable. I do not know how to send a picture or i would.

Desired outcome: REFUND

Menards - Wash machine

Attention Galen Heckman I purchased a wash machine back in July the receipt at the top says I have until October 14 to return. My wash machine has quit working I had a service tech look at it they...

Menards - Washing machine delivery

I ordered a washing machine to be delivered on 9/21/21. (Order # 22870) With the removal of my old washer. (22873) I told them when I bought it that there would be stairs. They said no problem. When...

F

Menards - Lack information and updates on material order

I have an order that was placed on 9/10 with an estimated delivery of 9/23
the web site has never shown any progress and the store has been zero help to track it or provide any updates. I used the customer service portion of the web site to send an email and never received a reply.

I have to schedule labor on this job and provide the customer an update. Menards has zero customer service and there is no way to be able to talk to anyone.

Home Depot and Lowes have very accessible customer service reps who work with you. This is the first time I ordered material with Menards and I'm astonished at the absolute wall Menards has around customer contact.

Desired outcome: Ship my material NOW

D

Menards - special order grout

My complaint is with the lack of customer service. This is not the first time. I ordered grout this time and was told I would receive an email when it arrived at the store. 2 days after it was suppose to arrive, I still haven't receive an email. I called the West Main, Kalamazoo store today. They told me it was there and arrived 5 days ago. I have not received an email to date. How hard is it to teach customer service. When I worked there back when it was first built, we had meetings every week on customer service. Now there is no service, no appologies for the lack of it either. Covid can't be to blame either because it was going on before that. Bad management and lack of proper training ate the blame.

Desired outcome: Better Customer service.

Menards - 16 ft garage door

I bought a 16 Ft Garage door about a Year ago. I was well satified with it. I bought another one for my other garage 4/26/2021. It was on back order I got it 7/31/21. I went to put it together . It was suppose to be just like the other, the spring on the first door was in the center this one was on the left, no big deal but when we went to put it together, it had some dents in it from where they had straped it down.They were all on the inside and we were already putting it together so we put it up. I had already payed them to come and put it up and I was not going to pay to get it hauled back and wait that long again. And the center piece that holds the pipe with spring was made out of plastic, the one on the first door was metal. I will be lucky if it doesn't crack this winter. Just wanted to let you know how they are making them cheeper. and that it was dented, but at least it was on the inside. Lora Richards

1 2 3  ...  28