Having problems with Lowe's?

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
P.O. Box 1111
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

counter top install - noticeable error

After deciding to replace our kitchen counter we chose to purchase and install with Lowes, a solid surface Formica product.

The contractors came to install and despite the very tight fit of the counter in our small kitchen everything went well- at first glance. Upon further inspection we noticed they had cut the backsplash approximately .25" short, a noticeable error.

We decided that we would rather be reimbursed for the cost of the backsplash we paid for rather than have the contractors come back and reinstall (we believe further and perhaps worse damage could result from removal of the backsplash and we simply do not have anymore time to devote to waiting for contractors to show up to fix problems that should have been done right the first time.)

We called Lowes who then sent the contractor out to verify the complaint. We were told by Lowes that our only option was to replace the backsplash. They would not honor our request for money back.

Additionally, we had problems with the contractor lying to Lowes (and, of course, the manager at Lowes believed the contractor)- the contractor had stated we refused service during their visit to inspect the unsatisfactory work- this is untrue. They came nearly two hours late for the appointment and did not even have a new backsplash ready to install at that time, HAD that been what we wanted to do.

We were treated rudely and we were not given what we paid for. I paid for a job done well, instead I have paid top dollar for an uneven backsplash.

I don't have the time to wait for another appointment with incompetent workers, I simply want a portion of what I paid back in compensation. I am extremely disappointed. I purposely chose to use Lowes because I thought a large company would protect us from getting abused by contractors, unfortunately, I've found out Lowes at the heart of contractor fraud. I will not be using Lowes again until this has been problem has been corrected.

Today my countertop still is unfinished and I make sure to let visitors know exactly what company we worked with on the project.

• Kn
    knicole Jun 14, 2011

First of all, Formica is NOT top dollar countertop. Maybe if you purchased Corian or Granite, a warranty would have been included. If you wanted a job well done, then you should have let them replace your backsplash, then you wouldn't have to tell your sob story to every guest you had over. Instead you get no money back, and your back splash is still not completed. Try to realize mistakes can happen, and quit being so uptight, life is too short.

• Ug
    Ugean Mar 26, 2015

I purchase a Formica counter top from Lowe's and their "certified" installer, who by the way installed it two weeks late, created a fabrication flaw along the visible edge seam. Now three month later after multiple visits from everyone under the sun, nastily Lowe's has indicated there is nothing they can do for me. The counter top edges have a dual stacking seam along the front edges that is unacceptable. They did offer to remove but said this is normal and it is likely to happen again. No da, if the fabricator is not good at what they do. Why would anyone expect a different outcome from the same fabricator!

• Al
    Alice Alton Sep 16, 2016

I had Lowes install prefab countertops I my kitchen and bath. The only complaint I had was that the installer thought I wouldn't see he used two different color calling (white and clear) because it was mostly out of sight. When I called Lowes they said he would return, which he did and said he ran out of clear that's why he used white. Very unprofessional. The installer also lived in Virginia so work had to be done when back in Chas area. I have used Lowes before with no problem. Lowes also does not call to see if you are satisfied or check on progress of job.

late delivery of merchandise

We purchased a BBQ grill at Lowe's and they scheduled the delivery for yesterday morning. When it hadn't arrived by 2:00 pm, we called and were told it had been put on the 2:00 pm truck. When it hadn't arrived by 7:00 pm we called the store manager and were told it had been put on a later truck. When it didn't arrive by 10:00 pm we retired for the night. At 11:15 pm a truck drove up to our house, waking all of us, to deliver the grill. During the day, no one called to provide an update. Who delivers things at 11:15 at night? We won't be shopping at Lowe's again.

Mike Chmura Oct 23, 2007

Can't blame you a bit Ellen. A delivery at 11:15 PM is not only ridiculous, but pretty darn inconsiderate as well. As a retail manager myself, I have little tolerance for over promising and under delivering. I mean sometimes things do happen that are outside of our control, but for Pete's sake would it have been too much for them to give you a phone call and a sincere apology? I feel for ya! ~ CaptainMike

• Vi
    Vic P. Thacker Oct 30, 2007

We purchased a refrigerator from Lowe's in Kokomo, IN last year. The salesman was a Mr. Jay Tucker. As part of the package he sold us an extended warranty that was to cover an additional 4 years after the manufacturers (GE) warranty expired.
    My wife and I have spent the entire day going trough a maze of telephone tag, trying to get service because the refrigerator was leaking. After talking to a "Stacy" who was to be transferring my wife to the department that issues the authorization for the repairs, dropped her call we tried calling her back. No one at Lowe's 888 service number knew a "Stacy". After being transfered to someone in the middle east who told us that Lowes did not offer such a warranty and did not service GE products anyway, I blew up and called the local store. This was this morning. After talking to a "Manager" named Travis Bloom he assured me he would resolve the situation.

Meanwhile in order to prevent a major flood in our newly remodeled kitchen we called Bass Appliances, the authorized GE rep and as we found out is Lowe's sub contractor in Kokomo for GE service. They came out by 1:00 pm, and determined that the fan, waterline, and a circuit board were bad, ordered parts and did a temporary fix.

Travis finally called back and told us it was still under the manufacturers warranty and gave us a GE number to call.
    We were finally told by GE that the unit was no longer under the one year manufacturers warranty, but under a Lowe's extended warranty. All this after Lowe's said we were still under the GE warranty.

I can tell you this. the unit was manufactured especially for us because of the color and was manufactured in July of 06.
    My receipt shows Aug of o6. and we did pay an additional $100.00 for the additional 4 year warrenty.
    This is a bait and switch at a minimum on Lowe's part.

All I needed from Lowe's service was an authorization for Bass Appliance to either bill Lowes or GE.

• Al
    Allan Campbell Aug 18, 2008

Lowe’s

I feel for you with your encounter with the phony extended warranty Lowe’s peddles. I have
    a Husqvarna zero turn mower that I let the salesman talk me into purchasing a four year extended
    Warranty for. This year I sent it in for some, what I thought was, minor adjustments on the front end.
    The warranty company sent a repair shop out to get it. (Mind you there are supposed to fix it on the spot).
    Now it is some 2 ½ months later and both the shop and the warranty company keep giving me excuses. The shop claims the warranty company is giving them the runaround about the repairs. The warranty company claims a different shop was sent out to pickup the mower, (not). Now the warranty company
    Claims they don’t know what is going on (truth). I’ve even talked to a “” supervisor, named Samantha, that swore she would find out what’s going on and get back to me by the end of the next day.
    Guess what, she lied!!!

So I’m starting another week of crook and chase. Oh yes, without a mower!!!

Recommendations: If you are going to shop a Lowe’s, stick to builders needs and home improvements.
    If you just can’t refrain from buying big ticket items, such as appliances or riding
    Mowers, save yourself some money for more enjoyable pleasures,
    DO NOT waste it on an extended warranty.

Sincerely,
    Hood Winked
    By: Lowe’s Service Advantage

gift card never received!

Over a year ago I joined the offer to receive a 25.00 gift card. However, even though I remained a member for like 6 months, I never did receive the card that I should have. I was supposed to receive a 25.00 Lowes card and also a 25.00 gas card neither of which I received.

Any help would be appreciated.

boycott the lowes!

Todd the store manager at lowes was fondling my 3 year old son in his shopping cart then threatened to have...

don't sacrifice quality installation for a lower price!

Don’t trust the commercial hype about how good their installs are. The installers look NOTHING like the one’s on TV. Sure price was great but then the install took place. Granted the buying process went ok, even though we waited for over a half hour for someone to enter our order at the store. No one knew how to enter a carpet install, seriously.

Basement Carpet Install:

To start, my wife took the day off for the installation. They told us the installer would be there between 8 and 9am. Then a call came that they were running behind. Next I get a call from my wife at 1pm they finally showed up. It turns out the carpet has a bad run, they can either keep laying it or pull off the job. I told them to go ahead and put it down, I would look at it later that night, needless to say it looked horrific. So we schedule new carpet install for a couple weeks later, with my wife being extremely upset because the carpet was supposed to be in before our wedding/gift opening, that didn’t happen.

2nd Try! The installers arrived early in the morning, in a beat up van with the carpet sticking out the back and grubby looking guys (I didn’t want to leave the house open, but didn’t have a choice). They pulled off the job early morning to finish another job in Kenosha then came back around 4pm, right during dinner! Wrapping up just before 7pm. Great Job….yeah right.

Word to the wise: Don’t sacrifice quality installation for a lower price. Never will we have a Big Box company do our installations.

Sincerely,
Jeff

sexual harassment

My wife works as a vendor for Lowes stores. Over the last three weeks a male employee at the Riverdale Georgia Lowes, Hwy 85 & 138 has said several sexually explicit remarks to her. The management seems not to care. If you or a friend experienced similar treatment by a male at this store or if you are a current or ex female employee that knows about this behavior at this store please email me.

Michelle Jan 28, 2009

I would, contact Lowes corporate office with this plus I would turn it in to the Vendors employer! This will take care of it or go to the Labor Board with it. I was a vendor for Lowes Stores plus an Lowes Specialist!! Good Luck, because Lowes likes to take advantage of its vendors and employees!

installation services is very unprofessional!

I purchased 8oo square feet of Pergo flooring and paid to have Lowe's install it. I found out after the...

blades not mount on my existing harbor breeze ceiling fan!

I recently purchased a set of Harbor Breeze Philodendron custom fan blades (part # 124662) at a local Lowe's. Got them home and then found out they would not mount on my existing Harbor Breeze ceiling fan. The holes in the custom blade are grouped closer together than the standard Breeze motor. Went back to Lowe's to see about buying the proper fan mount brackets, but found out they are not sold separately for the above model blade. The only way you can get them is if you buy the entire motor assembly. Ended up returning the blades and getting a refund.

• Pa
    Paul Laudenslager Feb 19, 2007

We bought a home two years ago that has two brown Harbor Breeze fans on our covered patio. Due to strong winds, one of the brown bamboo blades has been broken off. I have been unable to find this blade and I need information on where I can locate it. Please, send us an email.

we don't want to work for lowe's much longer!

We are an Installer for Lowe’s. Lowe’s Installers are base on score of 89% or better. We have a...

being avoided for their own mistake!

I purchased hardwood floors and needed the glue to install them. I went to Lowes to the flooring dept. where...

big scratch on the door of the refrigerator!

I bought a whirlpool refrigerator from lowes in elk grove, ca on 9/18/06 for next day delivery. The product was delivered to our house the next day. Unfortunately, the delivery guy made a big scratch on the door of the refrigerator. We didn’t want to waste the delivery guy’s time since they said one of the delivery trucks is out of service and they have a lot more to deliver that day. So we told them to move on and we’ll call lowes to schedule for a replacement. It took us almost a week of run around to finally get someone to respond and to schedule for a replacement.

The delivery guy came back the following saturday to give us the new refrigerator. As they arrived at my house, they quickly proposed to change the scratched door of the refrigerator instead of replacing the whole thing. They said this way we can avoid other damages. It made sense so I agree to change the door. Once the door was changed, it kept making this squeaky noise so I told them to just replace with the new refrigerator. That’s when the delivery guy finally revealed the truth. He said they can’t replace the refrigerator because the compartments inside the “new” refrigerator are broken. Unbelievable!!! Shouldn’t you check to make sure the product is in good condition before you deliver to your customer? Once again, the delivery guys were behind schedule. I didn’t want other customer to suffer like us, sitting around waiting, so I told the delivery guy to move on and i’ll deal with lowes. I called lowes back to explain the situation and asked for another replacement. The delivery manager, heather wilson, responded with an attitude and said they don’t have any in-stock and she doesn’t know if they’ll order more. This lady is not a customer service person at all! She didn’t even apologize for sending us a broken refrigerator. So I told her I want to return the item. She said she’ll send the delivery guy back the next day to pick up the broken one.

Another week has gone by and I receive a phone call from another delivery manager by the name of chris. He was very sympathetic about the situation and asked if I could give lowes one more chance to make it up. I told chris that if he can get me the same refrigerator and deliver it to my house by the end of the week, i’ll give them one more chance. Sure enough, he got the product and scheduled for delivery. That saturday we got our refrigerator. However, in the process of bringing the refrigerator into the house, the delivery guy broke one of the legs on our staircase and scratched two other legs. Can’t they do anything right? The delivery guy wrote up his report and said he’ll submit to lowes delivery manager and she’ll get in touch with us.

Almost a week have gone by and no words from anyone at lowes on the broken staircase. So I called chris since heather is not willing to assist us. He said the delivery manager, heather wilson, should have contacted me right away on this. Well, obviously this lady doesn’t want to talk to me. She’s the worst customer service person i’ve ever spoken to. So chris said he’ll look into this and get back to me. Shortly thereafter, a guy called me and said heather told him to call. He said he’s the subcontractor for lowes who does estimates on issues like this. So he scheduled an appointment with me, but gave me a four hour waiting window. This is not a delivery. It’s an estimate for crying out loud. What kind of business is this? You broke someone’s staircase and now you’re making them wait for four hours just for you to come out for an estimate. It’s insane. That’s going to waste another half of my day.in addition, i’m probably going to have to wait another four hours just for them to show up to fix the staircase, not to mention the time it’s going to take to fix the darn thing. This is ridiculous!! I insisted that they give me a specific time they’re coming out because i’m tired of waiting around for them. They said they can’t give me exact time because the four hour time span is their policy. What kind of policy is that? I can understand for a delivery, but not for an estimate.

Until today, the problem is still not resolve.

Does anyone out there have any suggestion on how to elevate this issue? I have already send email complaints to lowes, but haven’t gotten any response. I’m so fed up with this.

I will never buy anything at lowes that requires delivery service again.

• Ru
    russell Jan 10, 2007

Listen you probable live in a tiny house with a tiny doorway just like most of the homes i deliver too. you probable had no intentions of tipping the poor guy when he delivered you your product. lets take a moment to ponder this. a bartender will get a couple of bucks for pouring a 4 oz glass of booz, a delivery guy would get if there lucky $30 for a delivery for carrying a 300lbs of metal through a tiny door way do you think he's gonna care if he scratches your door hell no.. i would be upset with lowes not the delivery guys. its your responsibility to make a clear path for the guys. did you? did you remove the outside door to make it a quicker delivery i will bet you didn't. so now he's a sub contractor and your crying about a broken peg on your stair case. it will come out of there pocket not lowes to have it fixed. so suck it up and fix the stair case yourself. i have seen so many complaining people about the most dumbest thing. maybe you should try to carry a 400lbs refrigerator on your back and see what will happen. thats why its called an accident....

Chillieann12 Jan 11, 2017

@russell Taking pride in work regardless of what you do in life. You obviously like that. You dirtbag

we were amazed at the attitude of the associates

Yesterday afternoon my husband and I went to Loew's to get a small shade for our newly refurbished...

my experience is certainly nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' i've read on complaintsboard.com

This is a letter I submitted to the Lowe's Home Improvement Store Website. My experience is certainly
nothing compared to some of the 'horror stories' I've read on ComplaintsBoard.com. Still, as far as I am
concerned, its just one more nail in the coffin.

*************************

On September 23, 2006 my wife and I went to the Lowes of Garden City (store number 1624) to purchase a dishwasher. The experience was so extremely dissapointing, I am going to make it a point not to shop at Lowes any further.

To start, the customer service representative there who served us (John) seemed more concerned with
talking with several of his coworkers than correctly entering my information for the purchace. I had
requested a delivery, install and removal of the old unit. On the paperwork, John checked off delivery but no install. When I pointed this out, he told me not to worry about it. I insisted he check it off. At
one point he began to talk to his coworkers again. I asked him if this was going to take long as my wife
was attending to one of our small children. He insisted the process would not take long.

When he finally began to enter the information into the computer, I asked him several times if he had
added the delivery, intall and removal request. He insisted he had. He then asked me if I was interested
in a Lowe's credit card. I informed him I was and he said that he would take care of that as well.

After he entered the information into the computer he printed out a receipt and told me to go to any
register and give my phone number. I asked him about the credit card and he told me I had to go to customer service to apply. I asked him then why he said he would help me set up the card if he couldn't or wouldnt have been able to, but got little reply. I decided to forgo the card application and put the purchase on an existing card. I then went to a register where I gave the young lady my phone number. To my amazement, she asked me when I intended to pick up the dishwasher. I informed her I had requested delivery, install and removal of the old unit. She informed me that none of that information was in the system and that I would have to go back to the customer service person.

At this point, I was disgusted. I told her to forget the purchase, I didn't want it. I then asked for the
manager on duty. A gentleman named Larry came over and I explained what had happened. Larry apologized and took my phone number down, promising me that he would call me personally in a day or two and we would place the order correctly over the phone. It has now been ten days, and Larry never bothered to call.

Every time I see a Lowe's commercial, where your customer service reps offer the Lowe's 'promise' for
customer satisfaction, I laugh. From now on, it's the Home Depot in East Meadow Long Island for me.

Dissapointedly,
Tom

Mike Peters Jul 20, 2008

Just wanted to comment on all the negative stories about Lowes. I hope everyone realizes that Home Depot is not all that much better, at least in my area of Mass.. You may want to consider (even though it does cost a bit more) using your local hardware stores on a more frequent basis. Because we all know that once Lowes and Home Depot put those mom and Pop stores out of business, the service and prices at the huge chain stores are not going to get any better. I admit the larger stores do have better prices and selection, however, before we know it we will all be slaves to Lowes and Home Depot. With no other choices.

loud enough to not use it

I bought an Indoor/Outdoor rated Harbor Breeze, Key West, ceiling fan last in September 2006. This ceiling...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices