Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fanloud enough to not use it

C

I bought an Indoor/Outdoor rated Harbor Breeze, Key West, ceiling fan last in September 2006. This ceiling fan is over our spa, securely installed over a lattice patio cover (with Plexiglas over the top protecting the fan from water from the elements. We had some recent winds and several of the fan blades snapped off and cut my spa cover in several places. As well as 4 out of the 5 fan arms either bent, twisted and 1 even split 2/3 if the length down the arm.

I have searched and searched for replacement arms, decorative outdoor replacement blades; they apparently do not coexist. I have tried looking for a Harbor Breeze web site, nothing. I looked on Lowes web site and at several stores. I have given in up hope of finding the same finish as the fan I have (brushed/antique pewter), and have considered spray painting new arms, but there are no arms to fit decorative outdoor blades.

I am frustrated that I spent $180 on this fan and my only choice would be to buy a new one? Why by a new one when even though this fan is rated Indoor/Outdoor it held up very poorly. The blades shouldn't have snapped off, and the arms shouldn't have bent or split.

I need some help.

JohnFK May 19, 2020

Lowe's. A very interesting Chinese hardware store with the occasional item imported from the U.S. Poor quality items. If I am going to pay for mediocre products I would rather have it manufactured in the U.S than overseas. Please bring it home.

• Tm
    tmjoldlady Jan 08, 2020

It is now January 2, 2020 and you are still playing Christmas music. Every time I go into the store, the employees are complaining about it still playing. Isn't it time to stop and give the employees and customers a break? It has been playing non-stop since right around Thanksgiving. Consider the mental health of your employees!!!

• Ca
    CADreager Dec 29, 2019

10.08.19 ord a stainless steel fridge, delvd 10.19, didn't like look, called store 10.19 to X chg for white. Advised no prob & they ord in wht. On 10.21.19 cc was chgd for SS $1329.64 & on 10.23.19 cc was chgd for wht $1336.10. Btm line, I've paid for 2 fridges and have 1. Have had 4 delys canceled and have chgd travel plans 2X's. Pls help me.

• Ru
    Ruby G. Oct 07, 2019

The model number is 13WN77BS011. Serial number is 1A307B30046. My name is Ruby Cathey. I live at 102 Stoneledge Drive. Telephone #- [protected]. Thank you.

• Pe
    Pellington Sep 28, 2019

17 september a secured post in a parking lot struck my vehicle. manager advised he would fix it, he lied and now states theres nothing he can do.
    spoke with corporate who advised thought the post is supposed to be secured, they will not pay for damages

• Pe
    Petrucci Jun 15, 2019

I placed this order #[protected] on 5/27/2019 and have not seen anything about my order

• Co
    cowboydodgeman Nov 20, 2018

you don't make a battery powered caulk gun, , very disappointing . now i have to buy another brand to save my hands .

• Ra
    Randi Keats Delorme Nov 13, 2018

Ordered a Whirlpool refrigerator on Black Friday..said it would be delivered on Dec 6... they tried to deliver the wrong refrigerator...did not call to tell me it was out of stock...I had to call customer service for them to tell me the store where I bought it from would be contacting me...still waiting...I am thinking this is a bait and switch..

• Ne
    NearMiss Nov 11, 2018

Bought 6 Harbor Breeze Fans 03/2018, had them professionally installed. The supplied LED bulb in one shorted out pumping fumes into our living room that had us all choking, dizzy with head aches. Had we been sleeping, like we usually are at this time, it surely would've killed us all in our sleep. This happened tonight 11/11/2018.

Mary Iwanicki Oct 22, 2018

I had a new deck built less than one year ago. It now has stains which cannot be removed. I went to Lowes to find out how to clean it. Thus far I have spent over $200.00 for products which do not work.

I am requesting a full refund for this deck material. I am submitting receipts.

I also paid the contractor $2170.00 for installation.

• Ed
    ed lindborg Oct 15, 2018

it has been 7 weeks that we have been waiting for two security doors I have called three times and each time they have given me a different delivery date. Finally they came in, no one called me. Now I cannot get the installer to call me. this is $800 of my money that you have.ed lindborg [protected]/13/18 sales numbers2604gg2 and s2604cw1

• Fr
    Frank1201 Oct 03, 2018

Never ever is there anyone around to assist. Your there to fend for yourself. When it comes to finding something you need, good luck. Shelves or drawers are so mislabeled or empty. I travel the extra miles to Home Depot. Shouldn't be long before they go away like the other big box stores

• Fs
    FSD Oct 02, 2018

I just received a renewal notice for my three year old Frigidaire Refrigerator. Lowe's wants $546.48 for a new 3 year protection plan. This is with a 20% discount. The refrigerator cost me $1, 298.0 I will never buy another appliance from Lowe's.

Chalet99 Sep 19, 2018

On a recently purchased living room harbor freeze ceiling fan from lowes a remote stopped working and the reset button does not correct it as recommended by your helpdesk. How do I get this fan serviced to work again? My emial address is [email protected]

• Cr
    croakerpal Aug 21, 2018

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! We ordered a orbit accessories package. We received the WRONG items. We were on the phone at Lowes for over three hours and in the end they said Go **** yourself. From now on we will buying our items ELSE WHERE! I HATE LOWES!

• Do
    Donna Harter Aug 15, 2018

I bought 2 electric breakers and my daughter moved them from where I put them to take back. So when i found them the time frame passed and they wont take back die to a high theft policy. Im not a tyhief and will never shop there again. I used to shop their so often im on a first name basis with several employeesI've been a customer for 25 years.

• Te
    [email protected] May 23, 2018

My Harbor Breeze started making so much noise it was intolerable. I went through the troubleshooting (basically disassemble it) to no avail then called them and they said take it back, no worries. But at Lowe's they acted like it was a rat turd and wanted to swap it or give me a store credit. For a store credit, they scrape all the data off your drivers' license. Hell no. To let Lowe's steal my identity for the fan money, I think not. I ended up abandoning it somewhere near the patio sets and promised myself I would bad mouth them whenever I can.

• Rs
    RSMSmith Apr 25, 2015

We bought and installed 2 of the more expensive Harbor Breeze outdoor fans last year. The blade has already snapped off of one and the other the pull cords for the light and the fan have broken off inside the fan so you can't adjust it anymore. A disappointment for fans that were close to $200 each. They are both installed under a covered patio and are well cared for.

• Do
    Don Klima Mar 20, 2015

Harbor Breeze TILGHMAN 52 inch 5 blade white ceiling fan.#0294980 P.O. #10558-00 Model #WCK52LMW5N Lowes#[protected].20 LBS.DATE CODE 04-14 Two blades broken Maybe because cold and wind off lake erie they didn't get hit with anything. Woke up in the morning and two plastic blades were broken.? The fan work's fine except for the two broken blades. Thank's Don Klima

• Wi
    Winfred Cooksey Dec 02, 2014

Got a harbor breeze fan 1and1/2 years ago. 60 in. fan and light, used it very little. Fan still works, but the light is a strobe light now. New remote and receiver still the same.

• As
    Ash Z Aug 27, 2014

I contacted Harbor Breeze about our remote sporadically working and eating through batteries. They took our model number and told me, "I can send you a new remote" they did tell me it's on back order for 4-6 weeks but its better than nothing. Was a bit of a wait to get someone one the line, but it was worth the wait if my issue is solved. I called 800.643.0067 per Lowes' reccomendation.

Best of Luck to you all

• Hu
    Hunter hill Aug 21, 2014

Just purchased 5 Harbor Breeze fans for a client, They come with little christmas bulbs and the fan burned so hot and smelled like they were going to catch fire. The little bulbs blew and I replaced them. Oh and by the way Lowes doesn't even carry them, in there stores they use a tiny special bulb, not available to the public. Within an hour, some of them blew again. Scary, I'm waiting to see if Lowes will pay for the electrician to install new ones. They really should not be selling this junk, the rep said, oh we have never had this problem. BS I have to replace 5 fans, before they burn the house down.

• Kg
    K.Giudici Jul 07, 2014

I purchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan in September 2009. After one year the switch that turns the light on and off would not work. I called their customer service and they sent me a new switch. This fan is in my laundry room and hardly ever gets used. Fast forward to July 2014. The fan will only run on low speed. No more slow medium and fast. Then last week I pulled the light switch chain, there was a loud noise, and it tripped my breaker box. Flipped breaker back on to see what happened. No lights working and fan still on low speed. Called customer service. They advised me that I had to ship the entire fan back to them and they would either fix it or replace it. It would cost me more money to ship the fan than to replace it. Went to Lowes and purchased a Hunter fan. No more Harbor Breeze or Hampton fans for me! A ceiling fan should last more than 3 1/2 years!

• Ha
    habor breeze saratoga Feb 18, 2014

I have a Harbor Breeze Saratoga (60") I mounted the blades and found one split at the bracket end

it still functions but I have a slight wobble. I have spent almost 4 hours trying to take that wobble out.

Unsuccessful, but giving up and living with it, I am calling them and trying to get a replacement blade.

Any other way to fix that wobble, ...nice looking fan. Oh I only see maybe 3 different speeds not
    the 6 speeds the manuel states.

• To
    Tony T. Jan 08, 2014

I bought an older model Harbor Breeze (model #LGF). It is one ceiling fan with two motors on each end and a light fixture in the middle. There are four blades under the motors. This one is pewter (silver) in color and chrome metal rods connecting the light and motors. Lowe's and Harbor Breeze customer service tells me that they can NOT help me with any parts unless I can give them an item number. Can ANY ONE help me with an item number for this fan? Contact me at "[email protected]" my name is Tony.

• Mi
    Mike 42 Aug 12, 2013

I bought two Harbor Breeze fans three weeks ago and put them in my children's rooms. The fans worked great and the kids loved having new fans that put out a lot more air than the old one, however after only two weeks of running the fan in my daughter's room had two blades separate at one time. The first blade struck her wall and left a large dent in the shape of the blade tip and the other bounced off her dresser and then hit the wall. I have search every where for a contact number to call and ask about this problem but the only contact information I have found leads to an email address that is no longer open. I am upset over the dent in my wall but thankful my child was not in her room at the time. If anyone else has had these type problems please post them. I am not sure if I want the replacement fan Lowes offered in my house.

• Lb
    L-boogey Apr 02, 2013

Harbor Breeze is the "Lowe's" name. Manufacturer could be Litex [protected], or MSG [protected]. My fan was MSG and they sent replacement parts to my home. I had a cracked fan blade.

• Ge
    Gerry Heimann Mar 07, 2013

We have 5 of the Harbor Breeze fans but only 3 of the acorn lights to go with them. We were only able to get them as we found them. is there anyway to get the last 2 acorn lights for them.

• Ho
    Honestguy01 Mar 02, 2013

I purchased a Harbor Breeze 52" Rutherford Walnut Ceiling Fan
    (Model #: E HS52BCW5C1L) 2 days ago. I have installed many ceiling fans and found putting the parts together to be an awkward process. The design seems to be flawed in that there was limited room available in attaching the blade holders to the motor frame. The brown colored finish of the unit is highly touchy during the installation process. Despite using great care in attaching the parts, scratch-like marks were observed on the metal finish. The unit was noisy and had a wobble that could not be completely resolved. The light kit was securely attached but swayed from the housing when the fan was operated. The worst problem with this product will now be explained. When starting the fan from a completely stopped position, a humming noise is heard but the motor will not move the fan blades. By slowly spinning the blades during the hum stage in a clock-wise manner, the motor will eventually move the blades. I momentarily terminated the fan's operation and then quickly (before the blades completely stopped moving) restored power. This test resulted in the motor moving blades. Manually assisting the spinning process was not required. I suspect that the motor is defective. The good news is that all of these problems immediately surfaced and I expect to return the unit today. If the motor had failed a few months into usage, I may have encountered some difficulty with the store accepting the fan a return.

• Cn
    Cnelms Jan 18, 2013

Our Harbor Breeze fan lights are blinking and we will have to remove the capacitor ( follow instructions on YouTube). Tons of people reporting the same problem. No more HB for us!

• Dc
    D. Charette Oct 22, 2012

We've had the same problem with the remote not working. This is certainly an issue that needs to be addressed by Harbor Breeze and Lowes.

• Ga
    Gardner Chris Sep 30, 2012

My remote has stopped working also...(again) This will be the fourth time I have bought one! We have disconnected the unit from the ceiling, re-installed it and the remote still does not work. I think it is time Harbour Breeze sends me a new one and Lowe's should just not carry them anymore. I refuse to shop at the Home Depot. Maybe I just need to stop buying Harbour Breeze products.

• Sh
    Sheldon S Aug 18, 2012

We have three Harbor Breeze fans in our vacation condo, installed by the builder. In the middle of the night, even though the fan was off, a fan arm broke and sheared off and the fan blade and sharp edge of arm fell on to our coffee table, digging a large gash in table surface. I'm just glad that it happened at night with fan off instead of flying off while the fan was on and my four year old may have been playing in the room. I assumed it would be easy to replace the arm but I am unable to find the exact match on the Internet and they don't have it at Lowe's. Lesson learned...the hard way.

• Pi
    pirateblack Nov 03, 2011

Bought my first and last Harbor Breeze. Installed yesterday and seemed to work fine, except for a little noise from something rubbing inside...easy enough to fix. My problem is that the light module decided to go up in flames today. Thank goodness I was right there or we may be out on the street due to having our house burn down! Should have known, buy cheap, get in deep! Thanks harbor breeze!

• Ka
    KarenHiggin Jul 25, 2011

Our harbor breeze fan was serviced today (or tried to be anyways). The technician couldn't even fix it so that the speeds work properly. He could make it run on low or high only-- one or the other!! What a piece of crap fan!! Not to mention how loud it is and the fact that the pull chain goes through the glass making it easy to break off. Never purchase this type of fan!!!

• Fa
    Fatima M Jun 09, 2011

I have 5 ceiling fans in total, however I have 3 of the same harbor breeze Saratoga fans. While the kick out an awesome breeze they are by far thy noisiest cackling fans ever! For the prize I expected breeze and a peace of mind, but they are like a nosey set of neighbors :(

Fatima M
    Philadelphia

• Mi
    MilanieBuie Apr 26, 2011

I have the same problem with my harbor breeze fan. It sounds like its time for Habor Breeze to receive a law suit they know they are selling defective remotes and riping people of with not only the remotes but the prices themselve. They could have atleast put on a back up on of switch for the lights and the fans just like the traditional fans.

• Br
    Brandyn Apr 06, 2011

I bought one of these a few years ago. As far as I know the fan motor is still fine, but I've gone through two remotes already and am getting ready to buy a third. Thinking of giving that cool one with the digital readout a try. With any luck it won't die. The most annoying part is I didn't cheap out on the fan, it was actually one of the more expensive models that just happened to look the coolest. Thanks China, you suck at electronics.

• Du
    dulax46 Mar 23, 2011

I am having a similar problem to many of the people above as well. Our fan/light was working fine since we installed it this past fall and all of a sudden a week or so again the lights stopped working on the unit. I took the fan down and disconnected the remote unit and re-hooked the fan directly to the power cords. The fan motor worked just fine, but the lights will not turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you run into this issue and been able to fix it?

• Hn
    HNewton Aug 21, 2010

I have had five Harbor Breeze fans all of which are poor quality. Three came with our new house and I added a fourth. One failed at 1 year (“Burned” up fan control module). I tried to find replacement part with no luck. Bought a replacement and after it was installed the light had a delay when coming on and would cycle off and on throughout the day. The culprit was an electronic module wired in line with the light kit.
    I have two major concerns;
    1. The low quality isn’t limited to mechanical; the electrical is sub-standard as well which can be dangerous.
    2. Absolutely no support or spare parts available.
    Save yourself some trouble and buy a higher quality fan. Sometimes cheap is just that… cheap.
    Installed last two fans myself and I have a degree in electronics and 25 years experience in maintenance and worked the last 9 years programming and maintaining Robots, PLC, AC drives, etc... Point being, I’m somewhat qualified to install, troubleshoot and evaluate the quality of ceiling fans.