Having problems with Avis?

1800 352 7900 (USA & Canada)
1800 288 8888 (Mexico)
+44 808 284 5566 (United Kingdom)
+61 293 539 000 (Australia)
+64 95 263 258 (New Zealand)
+43 800 104 407 (Austria)
+32 27 306 211 (Belgium)
+45 33 268 080 (Denmark)
+31 882 847 000 (Netherlands)
+351 211 201 936 (Portugal)
+41 848 811 818 (Switzerland)
+852 28 822 927 (Hong Kong)
+62 213 142 900 (Indonesia)
+60 376 282 300 (Malaysia)
+63 27 184 061 (Philippines)
+966 14 761 300 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 67 371 668 (Singapore)
+27 113 878 431 (South Africa)
+82 261 470 209 (South Korea)
+66 225 111 312 (Thailand)
+54 114 378 9640 (Argentina)
+57 16 104 455 (Colombia)
+58 22 615 556 (Venezuela)
Six Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey

Complaints & Reviews

Surcharge, office absence

I, Aleksei Kostarev, the main driver of the AVIS car rental Rental Agreement No. : E556523262 Invoice No. : 9A0106233-1,
am writing to you with respect to the fines received by the AVIS office on Viale Trieste 16
D [protected] 47900 Rimini, Tel: [protected] (follows as "the Office")
from the Italian police.

It appears from the police documents that you have kindly sent to me after my call that:

1. The Office has received 4 letters: 2 letters dated 17.09.2019 from Forli police about two fines dated 08.09.2019 at 15: 26 and 16: 33 (attached) and 2 letters
dated 7.10.2019 from Ravenna police about two fines dated 07.09.2019 at 12: 26
and 20:16 (attached).

Please send me the copies of all four letters sent by the Office to the polices .

2. • The Office had the opportunity, but did not pay the specified fines by my
credit card within 5 days with a 30% discount.
• The Office did not even timely send me an e-mail with the fine details so I
could not pay them by myself within 5 days with a 30% discount.
• I asked you about the fines only after I accidentally discovered on 21.11.2019 that the Office had made an unexpected charge (attached) of 195.2 euros.

3. Thus, because of the Office, I lost 99.6 euros of a 30% discount on the above fines:
• 49.8 euros on the two fines dated 08.09.2019 : (87.50-62.60)x2=49.8 euros
• 49.8 euros on the two fines dated 07.09.2019: (84, 20-59, 30) x2=49, 8 euros

In view of the above please refund at my account (details attached):

1.99.6 euros for The Office depriving me of paying the above fines with 30% discount,
2.195 euros compensation for the Office failure to comply with the obligations specified in the voucher, and for not informing me properly about the fines, which led to a strong stress and extra expenses, namely:
a) no one met us at the Rimini airport, as it is promised in the voucher (attached).
b) the Rimini airport do not have any AVIS office for more than 3 years, though it is listed in the voucher (attached).
с) I may have never found out about the above fines until 05.12.2019, the date after wich I would have to pay 333 euros per fine.

With hope for a fare attention,
Aleksey Kostarev

Budget has twice charged my debit card for bogus damages to a vehicle

I rented a vehicle from budget at the Dallas Texas Airport in January 2020 and returned it damage free. Two weeks later my debt card was charged for damages to the wheels. I am a 54 yo male with a perfect driving records, there was absolutely no damage to the vehicle. So I requested pictures of the damage an the invoice from where it was fixed. The sent me an generic invoice produced in MS Word with no company information and they could not produce any pictures. Budget refunded my money for that bogus charge. Then a month later they debted my card again for damages to the window for the same vehicle, again a bogus charge. This time they are pulling a stalling tactic, so I am going to speak with my lawyer about a possible class action lawsuit because this is obviously something they do to create income from those that decide to use their own insurance and based on other post they do quite often. This is the response I received back on March 2, 2020.

Sent: Mon, Mar 2, 2020 7:03 am
Subject: Your message has been received (KMM20477307V50531L0KM)

Thank you for contacting Budget Rent a Car North America. This is an
acknowledgement. We have received your inquiry; it is in our queue for
review and processing.

The still have not gotten back with me, nor substantiated the charges. Do not use Budget or Avis, it is not worth the hassle!

Avis car rental in prague

I live in Canada but rented a car in Prague to travel through Austria. I am having the same issues with a car rental last August in Prague. When we returned the vehicle we had no damages and even signed off by an attendant at the Prague Airport at 7:30am. Received my credit card statement in September with a charge which was double what we expected to pay - $510Euros but was charged additional $885Euros instead for damages (false). I contacted AVIS and they told me there had been some damages on the car, which is false. I had taken photos and kept proof since I had read so many complaints. Well after many request to get proof of the damages, I received photos of a different car (Mercedes when I had rented a Arona). Time stamped on photos is also day after we had returned the car. Avis NorthAmerica have stopped helping saying they have to follow what Avis Prague tells them. That is not what I call a good investigation even after I sent them proof of the car we had rented and photos with no damages. BE VERY CAREFULL I WILL NEVER AGAIN RENT A CAR IN EUROPE OR IF SO - DOCUMENT - RECORD CONVERSATION AND TAKE MANY PHOTOS. SHAME ON AVIS FOR SCAMMING SO MANY PEOPLE. I now have to try to get my money back with my credit card insurance.

Payment for a rental withdrawn from my debit card for a rental I did not use

On January 14th, Avis withdrew $267.99 from my debit card on file. That same day, I received an email from Avis, to my personal email address.
In the body of the email, Avis was writing to some person that i have never met, showing their name, address and contact info. It further went on to state, to this unknown person, that they were going to debit their account for $267.99 for a rental in Punta Gorda, FL Airport. They proceeded to show the last 4 digits of their CC, which is also the exact same 4 digits on MY debit card.
I called and received no satisfaction. I wrote an email and was told that I must send my banking information to them in order to clear this matter up.
Today i received a follow up email, shown below. Poorly written, horrible grammar and information that they would look into it and have the STOLEN money back in my account within 7 days.
Totally unacceptable, Very unprofessional and horrible customer service on the phone.

Dear Robert ********,

Thank you for reaching at Avis customer service regarding on a charge of
$267.99 usd, we apologize for the inconvenience to this matter, we
understand by being charge without being aware could be uncomfortable, we are more then glad to assist you.

We have process your copy of your statement to our specialty department
foe a further review to this matter, please allow up to 7 business days
for this matter to be resolved.

Again, we apologize for any misunderstanding. Thank you for giving us an
opportunity to clarify the matter for you.

Avis sincerely appreciates the business you have given us and we look
forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,

David Scott
Representative | Email Customer Service
Avis Rent A Car System, LLC

rental

Avis sucks. On 12-20-19 I rented a car from Avis online, but when I got there they didn't have the car I "selected". The only car they had was one I didn't want, but apparently constituted an "upgrade" so the agent said "at least you get a free upgrade". Then I found out 2 days later that they charged me for it. Their prices are obscene. And I can't get the charge removed without filing a "dispute". OMG

management and horrible pay

I started working for them a while ago under the impression that it was a great company. I was told the pay would be. 50 more than they actually paid me per hour which can really ad up. The manager is never there. She messes up the schedule all the time, if short staff the manager never helps out. Horrible manager! Turnover is also horrible, especially when you have about 10-12 employees quit in one year and this is a normal occurrence. Wow to bad corporate doesn't care either because they have no way to report these things to them. So sad, don't know if this is just where I worked or every location but wouldn't recommend to anyone!!!
Cak — not my initials this is the location

rentals

I rented a car for a rate of $233.58 for a total of 14days. When I returned the car they charged me a whole...

total incompetence, lying, dangerous car, and unauthorized use of my credit card

I had the unfortante expereince of renting a car from these people in Catania, Italy. The car broke down in...

fraudulent activities by avis car rental at rome - airport - fiumicino

I've fully paid for a car rental using car rental website and receive car hire voucher by email.
As per agreement the car should be pickup at 8:00 am on Sep 27, 2019 at Catania Airport - Fontanarossa.  with drop off at 8:00 am on Set 29, 2019 at Rome- Aiport - Fiumicino.

We pickup this car at 8:15 am as per attached invoice. During pickup we noticed there are damages on the both bumpers and on alignment below bumpers, scratches on doors, dent on the driver side fender, some corrosion around "Ford" logo, driver side mirror and other dents on doors which were documented by me and my wife during car review process. We also ask to mark all damages on the standard paper work provided by the rental company. Later 200 km away from Catania when the car was in Ferry from Sicily to Italy I've also noticed there are scratches on the roof which previously not visible, I've noticed them and documented when was on higher level of Ferry.

Upon return of the vehicle at Rome Airport at 8:00 am.

I and my wife AVIS client representative who ask about dent on the driver side bumper and picture was shown to him the car had this damage during pickup. We agreed there is nothing else to discuss and he ask me to sign on his tablet.No communication regarding charges, damages or other issues were sent  by email to me or any other form of communication as well.

Two days later I've noticed charges on my credit card of $1, 683.31 dated Sep 29, 2019 by AVIS RENT-A-CAR.

I've contacted AVIS Europe, received case number for dispute purposes, a couple hours later contacted AVIS North America to avoid any communication challenges. As as result of my further investigation what are these charges from I was able to get invoice from the AVIS Website; evidence number 4.
After waiting 20 business days I've received  credit of $50.02 for one day overcharge and advice to wait for another 20 days for other overcharges. As per October 30th, 2019 phone call to the Avis North America all other charges has been uphold by Avis Europe, they just "forget" to send me email.

unauthorised credit card charges

As we were flying to Dubrovnik with British Airways we felt it was a safe way to rent a car through their web...

unauthorized credit card charges and unethical behaviour

Date of the incident: 29-09-2019 unauthorized credit card charges and unethical behaviour: I've dropped...

car hire

Booking ref: IT441105840. I am the tour operator who has organised the trip for the client and I have been on...

subject: re: your car hire booking confirmation – ref: cz651328830

Good day, ,

Regard The mentioned above reservation, I had cancelled it when I reached the airport to receive the car because I didn't find the required car. And the company couldn't upgrade me or give me a better car. Therefore I have cancelled the reservation at the same time and this is a copy of the cancellation. Based on that the car didn't match. They except to refund me the money back and below is the cancellation . And as they mention that within two weeks as The maximum the money will be back. But unfortunately up-to-date I didn't receive my money back. Therefore kindly advise and help me to get my money back because they told me to contact you as Travel start

subject: re: your car hire booking confirmation – ref: cz651328830

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group

avis giving confidential bank account information to third parties to raid your bank account

Found money deducted from my bank account for something called an 'etoll' with a monthly rental from Avis. I do not do tolls. When I called an 800# for 'etolls', I was told that it was for a rental in Illinois. I live in Ohio and have never been to Illinois.
Really? Theft from by bank account because Avis gave this company false information.
It is the weekend and the one agent who works the location I rent from does not believe in answering the phone. On my own and screwed by unethical Avis behavior.

non compliance with regulation and bad service

I rented a vehicle from avis in ontdekkers street, Roodepoort in July. On the day I asked the consultant if...

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group

avis charging me for misplaced car key

I live in Seattle and went to Chicago for a vacation, and took a rental car from Avis from 08/06 to 08/12...

Avis Car Rental

lost and found

I realized I left my cowboy boots and inside each boot was a bottle of lavender syrup (for my daughter'...

payment not received

We hired a vehicle from this company on 22 July 2019 and returned it four days later in perfect condition...

avis budget car rental - unauthorized billing to credit card

Rental agreement Number : [protected] AVIS WIZARD NUMBER : 6EQ81S Agency collected from : Cabana Hotel...

5 identical $782.15 repeated charges on my credit card & no car rented

August 3, 2019: I went to the US web site to rent a car at Boston Logan airport. When I arrived at the...