Menu
Budget Rent A Car Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Budget Rent A Car
reviews & complaints

www.budgetinternational.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 442 Reviews

Budget Rent A Car Complaints Summary

63 Resolved
378 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Budget Rent A Car's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Budget Rent A Car has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Budget Rent A Car. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Budget Rent A Car reviews & complaints

M
8:47 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Budget Rent A Car Poor service/ lack of service for Lost item.

2/9/24

Rental Agreement Number [protected]

Reservation Number [protected]-us-3

Veh Dis Blk Chevy Malibu Plate #FLevqs20

Pick up: 2/07/24 Return:2/09/24

Jacksonville FL JAX

Left personal item under floor mat on front passenger side.

Repeatedly called (7 times), made multiple visits (3 trips) to rental sight JAX and NOT ONE RETURN CALL.

Item Lost

Claimed loss: Claimed loss via website portal for lost & found within 2 hours

Desired outcome: SOMEONE ANYONE or a robot that would care enough to return my call and do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I expect to be notified immediately

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Budget Rent A Car representatives only. If you are affiliated with Budget Rent A Car, please claim your business to access these details.

B
3:26 am EST

Budget Rent A Car insurances

rental agreement number [protected]

pick up date /time: Jan 26, [protected]@ 4003:06pm

location: 1950 East 20th Street Chico, CA. 95928, US

Returned date /time Feb 05, 2024 @12:53pm

I am asking that $381.00 be refunded back to my card

I reserved a compact car for 9 days, and my CC card was charged $117.00 I had to pay in advance for the insurance I wanted.

before the pickup date, I changed my reservation to pick up the car one day early and I changed to a mid-size car, which changed the insurance to $130.00 for the 10-day use of the car I agreed to that. when I went to pick up the car I couldn't understand anything she was saying but I clearly stated that my card had been charged the $117.00 for the insurance and asked if it would be placed back on my card. I stated that I was willing to pay the $130.00 for insurance because I needed the car for 10 days instead of 9 which I first reserved, then when I asked about the total being so high, she stated that a deposit was added for possible tolls charges and if there were no tolls then the deposit would be put back on my card. I was charged $511.00, instead of the $130.00, I returned the car clean, and full of fuel with no damage to the car

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response and please refund $381.00 to my CC card

R
9:27 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Budget Rent A Car Customer service/Lost and Found at Isla Verde International Airport.

Good morning my name is Dr. Ramon Ruiz phone number [protected], email wacho1 @mac.com. I left my personal keys inside the rental yesterday. Realized when I was boarding the plane. Been calling since yesterday to the lost and found extension and says all the time that extension is not available. Have called countless times to the operator and they do not answer either. Don't know where else to call. I realize is not your fault I forgot my keys but that is what the lost and found department is for, right? Thank you in advance.

Claimed loss: Personal house and car keys

Desired outcome: Have them returned to me.

Hide full review

Is Budget Rent A Car legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Budget Rent A Car as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 14% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Budget Rent A Car stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Budget Rent A Car should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Budget Rent A Car earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Budget Rent A Car achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Budget Rent A Car. The company provides a physical address, 25 phone numbers, and email, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Budget Rent A Car has claimed the domain name for budget.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Budget.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Budget Rent A Car website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Budget.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Budget Rent A Car as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Budget Rent A Car and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Budget Rent A Car has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 14% of 441 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Budget Rent A Car. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
C
12:19 am EST

Budget Rent A Car - Billing for too much time

I called Budget on Dec. 19, 2023 from Kingstree, SC to ask if someone could get the car because I had picked up my mom from a hospital near there and she was not allowed to drive her car. They said they would pick up my rental car at 200 S Jackson, Kingstree, SC, in front of the Williamsburg County Dentention Center. I was told i didn't have to stay with...

9:57 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Budget Rent A Car - Customer service out of orlando airport (mco)

On 11/30/2023 My daughter had already booked a deal for a flight into Orlando (MCO) and a rental car with Budget for a last-minute emergency trip. When we arrived at the Orlando airport and went to Budget rentals, we immediately saw a gentleman walk away from the desk swearing about the girl at the checkout being "rude". My daughter, Kendra Nolan and I...

H
2:24 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car Disputing time dropped off.

Res. No. [protected] was picked up in St. Cloud, MN on Dec 2nd at 11:37am. We dropped it off at 830am. Minneapolis Terminal 2 no attendant on site. It had a deadline of 12:00. But wasn't check in until 2:43 pm. We had a 1100am flight on Suncounry airlines Flight NO. Sy385 not my fault they check in late. I would like the extra day credited to my account.

Thanks Harold Loch

Claimed loss: $89.99

Desired outcome: Credit the $89.99

C
10:15 am EST

Budget Rent A Car Over charge $877.40

I am being over charged again I was charged more at LAX than originally told.

First I did not get the vehicle I requested. I have experienced nothing but problems with Budget retail car. From the pick up at LAX where I waited more than 3 hrs to get the vehicle. While my handicapped wife waited in the teminal for my return.

I am through with the poor customer service'

steadty pulling money out my account.

Claimed loss: $877.40 to be returned into my account taken out on 12/2/23 which is creating a real hardship.

Desired outcome: $877.40 returned to my account ASAP.

2:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Budget Rent A Car - Car rental "damage"

Dear Sirs, I rented a car from Houston Hobby Budget-Avis Car Rental from October 25-29, 2023. I took time off without pay from my teaching job to help my daughter in a medical procedure in Round Top, TX. The weather was rainy most of the trip. When I returned my car, I was told all was well and that I could wait for the transfer van for the airport...

N
2:56 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car Rental #U635572162/VCR7754870

DC, We picked up vehicle on 11/4 at Reagan National Airport in Washington,

However, on 11/7 we were unable to start the vehicle. When we called, they were unable to help us. They suggested we return the vehicle to the airporto.

We continually told them we could not do that because it would not start. After many minutes going back and forth with the person on the phone and multiple calls to service, we finally said that we were just going to leave the car where it was and rent another vehicle in Frederick since they could not send us someone to help. We finally called a friend who lived nearby who came and jump started the car. The next day a truck showed up with a fellow who said he was there to jump start the car. Since the car was already running, he never even got out of the truck. We have now been charged $119.40 for this drive-by. Also, the car needed the oil changed.

This box is not user friendly

Claimed loss: $119.40

Desired outcome: Refund of at least $119.40.

1:47 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car - Car rental charges and missed flight cost

My rental confirmation # was 41141179US2. The vehicle was picked up on November 2, 2023, and returned November 6, 2023, in San Antonio, TX. Due to the negligence of Budget to provide a properly equipped vehicle, inaccurate records (the tag on the vehicle did not match the actual vehicle we were in - the tag belonged to a BLUE Honda Pilot and we were in a...

A
9:43 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car - Car rental experience

Returned rental to Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Thursday, Nov 16,2023. It was a NIGHTMARE at the return center. Cars being returned so fast the employees could not get them checked in and return validated. Was instructed to park in a certain space & leave the vehicle. Employees were parking vehicles 4 deep & were overwhelmed. Since I have a...

7:16 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car Car rental

Re: Budget Rental Agreement #[protected]

The vehicle was very dirty on the outside, front tires were bold, engine oil level was at the lower end of acceptable range on the dipstick. Windshield washing fluid tank was empty. I was told that fuel tank was full, but it actually was 3/4 only. I reported this to the Budget employee before I drove away. He said that he will correct fuel level in the computer system. I called the next day to report that I washed the car and noticed a dent on the hood, bold tires and low oil lever. I was told to go to Bell Tire to have the vehicle serviced for tire and oil change. When I returned the vehicle, I was told that fuel level was full at the time when I picked up the car and I must return it full. I returned it with 7/8 fuel level. Interior glass surfaces were very dirty. Rear seat cushions had stains on them. I returned the car 2 days before scheduled date and was told that they will not pay me for filling up windshield washer tank or for returning early because I pre-paid. I have photographs of the vehicle to prove all the above problems.

I called Customer Service [protected] about 6:40PM EST and have been told that they will not reimburse me for the windshield washer fluid. They are “very sorry”.

Now I know to stay away from Budget.

Zbigniew Orzelski

[protected]@comcast.net

[protected]

Claimed loss: $5.29 for windshield washing fluid. I have a receipt.

Desired outcome: Refund for windshield washing fluid. Audit of the branch at 24395 Telegraph Rd, Southfield, MI 48033 followed by training of employees and 2nd audit some time later to verify if they adhere to the training.

G
12:16 pm EST

Budget Rent A Car - Car rental service desk in Calgary

September 23, 2023 Calgary airport 10-12 pm. Computer system down for budget/avis. Agents at desk had huge waiting line before telling us what was going on, then suggested we "come back tomorrow morning". flight was hour late and all of us had hotel reservations that night and ours happened to be an hour away drive. Come back in the morning? wt? Wait...

D
10:40 am EST

Budget Rent A Car Customer service

I called 4 times to get my money returned to me for a car I could not pick up because I didn't have a major credit card of which they never told me about! I have the same bank account number but a different card because I lost it. I gave them the new #. I still have not received my $134.81. This is ridiculous. The number they gave me is [protected]. My name is Dawn Roche. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com. My phone number is [protected]. I need this rectified today.

Claimed loss: $134.81

Desired outcome: Please refund.

Update by Dawn Roche
Nov 08, 2023 10:41 am EST

I am angry!

J
9:18 pm EDT

Budget Rent A Car Car Rental

First of all, I do not have a driver's license.

Budget at the DTW airport allowed a scammer to use my credit card to rent a card without my authorization. Why rent a car, a huge asset, to a scammer. without following the protocol? I shouldn't be responsible for this charge. I called Budget a few times to report this charge but no help. My case number is [protected]. The confirmation for the reservation is 36727499US4 under Frank Gyamerah and I found out that he returned the car to Ohio. Budget needs to reimburse me ASAP and go after the scammer.

Please avoid this place at all cost.

M
4:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Budget Rent A Car - Lied to and cheated me on my car rental.

When we called to set up the rental on the phone for a car WITH NAVIGATION/GPS, they said "No problem". We were to pick up the car at the Norfolk Intl. Airport in Virginia on October 24th, 2023. When we arrived there, I confirmed with the counter girl that the car had Nav./GPS... she said "Yes. It should be all set." I then agreed to the additional...

View 0 more photos
T
7:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Budget Rent A Car Unable to rent a car due to a red flag notice on my drivers license

RE: Reservation #40730742US3 for Teresa Calabrese

I traveled to Kona yesterday on business. I was unable to rent the car I prepaid for as my license was "RED Flagged" on the 365 scanner.

After getting in touch with the Hawaii State Department of Motor Vehicle Driver's License Bureau, they could not understand why a red flag was coming up as my license has no flags or issues attached to it. My driving record/driver's license is clean.

I ended up walking over to another rental car company located next door and was able to rent a car without any issues, albeit for a higher price.

I want to be sure that I am not charged for the car I prepaid for since I was unable to rent it. Also, I would like to know why my license was flagged.

Budget Rent A Car has been my go to choice for renting a vehicle when traveling, which has been frequent throughout the year, reference my Budget account #SS707Y.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Mahalo,

Teresa Calabrese

[protected]

Claimed loss: l

R
3:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Budget Rent A Car No excuse to rent a car in this condition!

I was given a car that was covered in previous damage/vandalism. The rental agent told me there were no other cars she could give me and not to worry since all the damage had been documented! I can't believe that Budget would charge me full price and offer no apology. I asked to speak to a manager and was given their business card for follow up. I did follow up and only got an email with excuses.

View 0 more photos
K
5:15 pm EDT

Budget Rent A Car Lost and found items

I am very dissatisfied with my customer service experience with Budgets lost and found department. We traveled with family to Las Vegas. We returned our van to the Las Vegas, Nevada airport and once we got to the airport portal my husband realized that he left his glasses and telephone in the vehicle. My sister filed a claim, but no one has replied. Every time I try to call to check on the claim I keep getting sent to a voice mail which is full and every time I call customer service I get misrouted or hung up. Very unprofessional business. I will not do business with budget again. They used to be my go to car rental place, but no more. Customer service and satisfaction is priority. You all have lost a good one.

Desired outcome: I would love to talk to someone to see if my items were actually found.

B
5:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Budget Rent A Car - Car mechanical failure and bad customer service at bwi airport.

Dear Budget/ Avis Car Rental, My husband and I had a terrible experience with Budget at the BWI airport recently and would like to file a claim. 1) We arrived at BWI to pick up our prepaid car and waited over an hour in line before a car was assigned to us. 2) We received a Kia and drove to the hotel. The next morning we were unable to get into the car...

Budget Rent A Car In-depth Review

Pricing and Value for Money: Budget Rent A Car offers competitive prices and excellent value for money. Their rates are affordable and often lower than other car rental companies. They also provide various discounts and promotions, making it even more cost-effective to rent a car from them.

Vehicle Selection and Availability: Budget Rent A Car has a wide range of vehicles to choose from, catering to different needs and preferences. Whether you need a compact car for a solo trip or a spacious SUV for a family vacation, they have options available. The availability of vehicles is generally good, ensuring that you can find a suitable car for your desired dates.

Customer Service and Support: The customer service and support provided by Budget Rent A Car are commendable. Their staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist you with any queries or concerns. They strive to provide excellent customer service and ensure that your rental experience is smooth and hassle-free.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process with Budget Rent A Car is straightforward and user-friendly. Their website, www.budgetinternational.com, is easy to navigate, allowing you to quickly search for available cars, compare prices, and make a reservation. The entire process is efficient and can be completed in just a few simple steps.

Rental Policies and Terms: Budget Rent A Car has transparent rental policies and terms. They clearly outline their terms and conditions, including insurance coverage, fuel policies, and mileage limits. This transparency helps you understand what to expect and avoid any surprises during your rental period.

Vehicle Condition and Cleanliness: The vehicles provided by Budget Rent A Car are generally in good condition and well-maintained. They undergo regular inspections and maintenance to ensure that they are safe and reliable. Additionally, the cars are cleaned thoroughly before each rental, ensuring a clean and comfortable driving experience.

Additional Services and Features: Budget Rent A Car offers various additional services and features to enhance your rental experience. These may include GPS navigation systems, child seats, and roadside assistance. These additional services can be added to your reservation for a convenient and customized rental experience.

Locations and Accessibility: Budget Rent A Car has numerous locations worldwide, making it convenient to rent a car wherever you are. Their rental locations are strategically placed, including airports, city centers, and popular tourist destinations. This accessibility ensures that you can easily pick up and drop off your rental car without any inconvenience.

Overall Experience and Satisfaction: Overall, renting a car from Budget Rent A Car is a satisfying experience. Their competitive prices, wide vehicle selection, excellent customer service, and user-friendly booking process contribute to a positive rental experience. The vehicles are well-maintained, and the additional services provided further enhance the overall satisfaction.

User Reviews and Ratings: Budget Rent A Car has received positive reviews and ratings from users. Customers appreciate their affordable prices, reliable vehicles, and helpful customer service. These reviews and ratings reflect the overall satisfaction of users who have rented cars from Budget Rent A Car.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Budget Rent A Car contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Budget Rent A Car?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Budget Rent A Car Customer Service. Initial Budget Rent A Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Budget Rent A Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Budget Rent A Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Budget Rent A Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.