Europcar International Logo

Europcar International

Having problems with Europcar International?

+43 1866 1633 (Austria)
+32 2348 9212 (Belgium)
+45 8933 1133 (Denmark)
+353 1812 2880 (Ireland)
+352 404 228 (Luxembourg)
+31 703 811 891 (Netherland)
+47 6716 5820 (Norway)
+351 219 407 790 (Portugal)
+46 8462 4848 (Sweden)
+41 848 808 099 (Switzerland)
+44 87 1384 1087 (United Kingdom)
+1 877 9406 900 (USA / Canada)
2 rue René Caudron - Bâtiment OP Parc d'Affaires "Val saint-Quentin"​
Voisins le Bretonneux
France - 78960

Complaints & Reviews

Drop-off charge of Euro 2460, 00 - Seville, Spain, to Faro Portugal

Contract: [protected], Reservation: [protected]
Rental period: 08.02.-31.03.2020
Spanish license plate: 0802KTT
We rented the Europcar in Sevilla, where we landed and intended to bring the car back to Sevilla to fly back to Germany on march 31st, for which we had Lufthansa tickets. Our winter vacation home is in Tavira, Portugal.
On march 16th, the spanish authorities closed the border to Portugal because of Covid-19. Despite talking to the portugues police as well as to the spanish border police, there was NO WAY for us, to bring the car back to Spain. Europcar Spain adviced us then, to bring the car back to Europcar Faro, Portugal.
(Faro is our new departure airport on 30.03., since all international flights out of Sevilla are suspended.)
Europcar Faro in turn adviced us, that returning the spanish car in Portugal would cost us a "drop-off" charge of Euro 2460, 00!!!
Since it is absolutely not our fault, that the authorities closed the border and won't allow us to return the car to Sevilla, we feel, that the amount of Euro 2460, 00 is way too high and Europcar should not have a big fiscal advantage on the costs of their customers in this viral crisis situation.
Since neither Europcar Spain nor Portugal will make any decision on that matter, we ask Europcar International urgently, to do away with this drop-off charge, which is only caused by the existing pandemic.
Ralph Osterloh
Bergstr. 7
D-86477 Adelsried
Germany
Airline Captain (ret.)
+[protected]

fee charged

I made a reservation for a car rental with Europcar in Annecy, France. I received a confirmation number and confirmation email. I attempted to cancel the reservation time after time, with the Europcar website stating "no reservation found" every time. I also emailed them with an image of the reservation number and "no reservation found", but did not receive a response. I received an invoice for a 95 euro no-show fee, and this week received an invoice for 95 euros from Recocash. The problem was Europcar's website - it was not my error - so I should not be charged this fee, but Europcar continues to insist that I must.

Europcar Rental Agreement Number: [protected]

I received a charge to my AMEX for 255E on January 10, 2020 for a supposed traffic citation incurred on August 2, 2019 in Malaga, Spain.

I did not receive any evidence to support the violation with the execption of a statement from Europcar on December 25, 2019. I have requested AMEX to not may payment because I believe this charge to be fraud. If my AMEX card is charged, I want a refund.

Dennis Chmiel

unauthorised payments

I have never had any dealings with the above company on a personal level. My brother had a hire car from them and I authorised ONE payment of £118 to be taken from my debit card. They did not take this payment, but instead withdrew over £500 on 31st December 2019. This was not an authorised payment and I am unable to get any feedback from the company

money removed from my card and don't know why

Hi, i rented a car in Lisbon airport on the 28 of October and returned it on the 04 of November. I wa...

car rental

I have the same experience with Europcar. I returned the car with full tank with no damage but they took a unilateral decision to bill me to take the car to Pretoria. I was not informed when I told them I was returning the car to O R Tambo airport. The call center agent never call back and takes days to send a simple correct invoice to check what they bill you for. Now we know why they want credit card so they can bill you as they please. I was billed after I terminated the rental agreement on return of the vehicle.

• Updated by nashee manilall · Nov 07, 2019

unauthorized credit card charges

Vehicle was rented from Europcar, Milan, Italy on the 10th June 2019 to 16th June 2019. All outstanding...

misleading and overcharged services

My name is Janna Semenikhina. I've rented a car for 40 days (19/06/2019 - 1/08/2019) and paid for automatic...

Europcar International

wrong charge for car damage not caused by me

Invoice number: [protected] I had a car rental at CDG airport, Paris on 11 September 2019, and found a...

charged twice

Hello, we where in Italy 29th august til 2nd of September. We arrived to the airport Bergamo. We rented a car from europcar. Our reference number is [protected]. My name is Viktoras Keras. We took the car at full insurance and returned the car with full fuel. We were charged €77.10 for no reason. There was no invoice given to us for what reason this amount was taken out. We wrote to europcar but they are not replying back to what the real reason for this charge is. We would like to know for what reason this amount was taken from us. We will arrive to airport on the 16th of October to figure out what's the problem. Thank you

invoice for non presentation

Hello,
I am Alin Gabriel Morar, from Lean Intsys SRL company, jeus.[protected]@gmail.com.
I received an invoice ([protected] from 02.10.2019) of 95 euro for non presentation 23.[protected].03.2019.
I have rented a car from you in the period 23.09.2019-26.09.2019, exactly as described and I also have received an invoice ([protected] from 26.09.2019). I do not agree to be taxed because of an error in your system.

car hire

Hi, please find my rental information as follows:
Reservation Number: [protected]
Rental Agreement Number: [protected]
Invoice Number: [protected]

We purchased the car rental online and got and turned up in London Heathrow to pick the car up. After waiting for an hour we went to the desk to get our car.

Whilst at the desk, we were told that we could not drive the car away, unless we purchased additional insurance (later put on our bill as the medium protection package) costing an EXTRA £149.28.

Later on in our conversation, the man who served us said 'if you break down, we will aim to get you a new car within one hour'. We said 'great!' only later to find that an additional £45 had been added to our bill for this service. We did not want this service and were never told it was an optional extra. The man serving us was incredibly deceitful, adding on additional charges without discussing them with us, likely to increase his own commission.

Upon looking at our original email (see attached) you will see that it states the original price paid includes 'ALL MANDATORY FEES'.

I was just wondering if decieving your customers and charging them for extras by telling them that they can't drive out without them is in accordance with business policies.

We feel incredibly taken advantage of and would like a refund of the additional amounts paid for the 'optional extras' that we HAD to buy.

If we do not receive this refund, I will be taking the matter further and investigating exactly what laws were broken by lying to your customers in such a way.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my concerns.

Lewis Bunting

car hire

my bond

reference number [protected].

On the 9th of September I collected a car from Europe car and returned it same day. On that day they took a bond of R21 675 was taken from my credit card which was supposed to be paid back to me by now.

I've been calling Europcar but I'm being taken from pillar to post and it seems like there's no one to help me, below is a trend email that I've been communicating with then and it's almost a month now and I can't use my money. This leaves a very very distasteful feeling in me and regrets of choosing you as a service provider. I've used Avis so many times and have never received such bad service.

I need this matter resolved urgently. Now my family has to suffer while you guys are holding my money and no one seems to care

no english translation and charges you what they like

I hired a car from Europcar for trip in Dessau Germany. I arrived 4 hours late as I found the location...

1 day overcharge

Europcar Invoice [protected]

Hello,
On 23.06, 11:00 I took a car from the Airport. I asked to set the return time for 12:00 on the return day. The person at the desk agreed and updated this in my contract.
On 25.06 I returned the vehicle. But when I received the charge it was for 3 days instead of 2.
I write a complaint on 29.06 and only received an answer yesterday! The answer was in poor English and very unclear but I understand that my claim to return the car by 12:00 was rejected.
I expect that when Europcar say something they will stand by their word and not use this to trick clients out of their money.
I expect to receive the 3rd day back.
If this is not resolved by the end of the month I will be taking legal action and I plan to contact the relevant authorities at EU level.

I look forward to your swift response.

Yours sincerely,

Ben Davis

charges made on my credit card

I received a statement of return via email from Europcar today. I have never been out of the US, so I could not have rented a car from them. I have tried to contact them by email, but in order to do that they require me to set up an account. I do not want or need an account with them. I do not trust them. I just want them to know that the transaction they made with the person who rented the car was fraudulent and I would like to know the credit card that was used. That only requires a simple email not an account setup.

consistent rip off - twice charging more. avoid at all costs

i was ripped off when getting to Europcar in Italy when the horrible staff claimed a ‘fine' of 50 euros because of a 1h delay in getting the car (flight was delayed).

Now, TWO MONTHS AFTER, they are charging me TWO [censored]ING HUNDRED EUROS for damages that they decided to make up. I have my form from the day stating no damages.

The check was made with me right beside them and stated NO DAMAGES. Now, they created some pictures that were takes many months after returning and claiming that i need to pay for it.

They are complete SCAMMERS.

UNACCEPTABLE.

customer service at the counter.

I rented a car using Skyscanner and I booked to pick it up at 13:00 from your branch in Funchal ( address ...

car rental

My husband and I broke down in Italy and our insurance arranged a replacement car through europcar. A deposit...

Inappropriate customer service

I rented a car in Lisbon, Portugal on August 2nd under confirmation # [protected]. A truck strike caused most...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices