Having problems with CarTrawler?

CarTrawler Customer Service Contacts

+353 14 999 600 (Ireland)
+44 203 582 8218 (United Kingdom)
+1 855 454 9316 (USA & Canada)
+61 280 152 643 (Australia)
+31 707 709 339 (Netherlands)
+351 213 665 562 (Portugal)
+62 21 2975 8990 (Indonesia)
+60 154 877 0821 (Malaysia)
+63 22 469 082 (Philippines)
+65 31 589 183 (Singapore)
+27 214 277 990 (South Africa)
+82 264 339 523 (South Korea)
+66 21 055 765 (Thailand)
+54 115 984 3539 (Argentina)
Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dundrum
Dublin 14
Ireland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarTrawler Customer Service. Initial CarTrawler complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarTrawler above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarTrawler. Discuss the issues you have had with CarTrawler and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dec 23, 2020

CarTrawler — Car rental

Hello, Name: Benton Augustave Email: [protected]@gmail.com The issue: Cartrawler won't refund me my money...

CarTrawlerI cancel in november 20, 2020 renting a car in budget rent a car

Pickup Date: 2019-08-27T23:55:00
    Return Date: 2019-09-03T16:45:00
    Pickup Location: Malta - Airport
    Return Location: Malta - Airport

On arrival told the car I had booked was not availabe and advised to book another car. As yet I still have not received the full refund of the original booking.

CarTrawlerCar rental

I cancelled my booking GB503339440 on Sep 9th. I have no way to contact Cartrawler. No customer service contact on their websites, call their UK number +44 [protected] and said technical issues. I am not sure this is a scam company or not. The only thing I want is to get my refund back, (today is Oct 5th, more than 20 business days as per the cancellation confirmation). Otherwise, I will write more review to alert all tavellers.

CarTrawlerRefund. Booking number ES504044120

Hello
        Hi,
        I cancelled my booking 20 workings days ago (14/07/2020)!
        When I cancelled the booking I was warned that the refund amount should be processed within the next 20 business days. Today (11/08/2020) is exactly the 20th business day but I didn't receive my money yet! Why?

I have paid 83.82 GBP!
        Where is my money?

My booking number is: ES504044120

I have attached all proofs regarding the booking and cancelling.

Thank you!

RESOLVED

They have refund me.

CarTrawlerCar hire - heathrow

I had a reservation for a Hertz car to pick up at Heathrow April 4, 2020 and return to the same location April 10, 2020. Reservation # GB698252310. Due to the Covid 19 travel restrictions, our journey was cancelled. I cancelled this rental on 3 March, 2020 and was counter-offered a voucher that would be valued at around $200, an increase from the slightly less than $150 I had already paid on my credit car. I accepted this offer.

However, my health seriously deteriorated to the point that I do not expect to take long-distance journeys in the near future. I therefore requested a refund of my original deposit to the Visa card that was used, but my email was returned undeliverable. My daughter, Kathy Eidson, was the designated driver on the reservation. If I look up my reservation on your site, it says "reservation cancelled". No refund has been made.

I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter. Should you require further information please contact me by email at [protected]@aol.com. Thank you, Elizabeth Richell

CarTrawlerRefund

I cancelled my booking NO665522550 on 16/3/20 due to Covid 19 and received confirmation of this cancellation. In the cancellation confirmation it was mentioned that it will take 10 days to process the cancellation but Cartrawler still charged my creditcard for the amount of 368.42eur. I have been trying to contact them by phone and email, which seems to be impossible. I did find a chat system where a ´Hadeer´ informed me on 30/3/2020 that the refund can actually take up to 20 days which would mean that I should receive the refund latest 5/4/2020. On the 8th of April I contacted Cartrawler again through the chat and a ´Stephanie´ informed me that a refund can take up to 25 days. So, suddenly there is a change again in your refund process which, by chance, means that I should have the money refunded into my account the latest 9/4/2020. Long story short, we are now many emails, phone calls and other contacts further. Today is the 12th of July 2020 and I am still waiting for my refund of 368.42eur.
            Please, is there someone that can help me???

CarTrawlerReservation / reference number: it681230390 book has been cancelled

Still waiting for the refund on the used card.
              This car hire was cancelled due to Covid-19. It was for holiday in Sicily in July. I booked it because it offered free cancellation up to 24h. I cancelled in April and received email saying that.
              "...As a result, we have been unable to maintain our standard turnaround times, and we have been forced to delay processing refunds to all our customers.
              We are working hard on the backlog and hope to complete all pending refunds no later than the 31st May 2020"
              Still waiting for the refund

CarTrawlerRefusal to accept postponement of booking

I booked a car for 4.5.2020. Then with the lock down, I was not able to have acess too my emails and computer as I am an essential worker, a nurse, and we were busy screening all the mine workers. I sent a mail to cartrawler on the 1 April requesting assistance in changing the dates booked. I never received any response. Then I tried I even tried Hertz on the 30.4.2020. Proof of the mails was sent to customer care, and today they inform me, I loose the money. I did not want a refund, only a postponement of dates.
                The lockdown stopped ALL travel, how can a company even consider to use the "cancellation policy" when no one in the country was allowed to travel?

CarTrawlerCar rental

Hi, I rented a car through your company in March this year. Payment was taken on 11/13/2020 for £88.88. I contacted your Dublin office as your web service mind your booking was not accepting my IE number IE701420430 with Sixt cars at Dublin airportI rang Dublin office to cancel on 25/03/2020 due to my flight with Ryanair cancelled due to covid-19. Refund process was carried out via phone which cost a lot as I was calling from overseas. I have not yet received it. Please advise when I am due to receive it into my account.

Kind regards

Ellen McCarthy
                  [protected]@hotmail.com

Car rental

CarTrawlerGB644404590

Due to pick my car up at Belfast airport on the 20th of March for a two day but break. But due to coronavirus my break was cancelled which I understood. Tried to get my money back of this company and they refund I clearly didnot pick up the car as my flight was canelled. They gave me a email to contact them which I did with information showing my canelled flight and hotel surprize surprize it kept coming back say unmaned. Several family members tried and the email address is void. Dont use this company for your car hire god forbid something goes wrong. Fellow traveller Beware of Car trawler look else where.

Mar 25, 2020

CarTrawler — Refund amount is not correct

Good day. I had made a booking for car rental and I need to cancel the rental due to covid 19. However, I...

CarTrawlerrefund cancellation

email: [protected]@gmail.com
                      tel [protected]
                      FRM 23 MARCH UNTILL 27 MARCH IN AIRPORT BRUSSELS
                      ZAVENTEM

On my contract is noted and specifiek "free cancellation up on 24 hours before pick up"
                      Do refund me please via my martercard credit card
                      COULD YOU INFORM ME OF A TELEFOON NUMBER IN BRUSSELS AIRPORT PLEASE

• Updated by filip Vandendriessche · Mar 13, 2020

name: Filip Vandendriessche

i would like to be refunded
                          booking details/ BE674495750
                          for 88 €
                          email: [email protected]
                          tel [protected]
                          frOm 23 march untill 27 march in airport brussels
                          zaventem

Do refund me please via my martercard credit card
                          could you inform me of a phone number in brussels airport please

Mar 03, 2020

CarTrawler — car hire

Good afternoon, On the 30th of January, I reserved a car on your website with the supplier Goldcar...

Mar 01, 2020

CarTrawler — car hire no car provided

Argus car hire complaint 14th February 2020 2x car reserved (see below) Dear Neil Gillespie, Your journey...

Feb 03, 2020

Rhodiumcar - Part Of Car Trawler — car hire

Rhodium Car Hire Contract No [protected] -(LIS) 1417485 Number Plate 96XG68 Corsa 1.2 120 ANOS 70cv 5P Rental...

Jan 30, 2020

CarTrawler — refund/partial

I booked a car hire with CarTrawler on the 24th of January- for pick up on the 28th (Lanseria Airport, South...

CarTrawlercar rental

I booked a car for rental on 06/12/2019 due to pick it up on 7/12/2019 at King Shaka Airport but cancelled the same day as R23500 was required in the credit card upon picking up the car. and now I am told no refund because we cancelled less than 24 hours before pick up. but we booked less than 24 hours to pick up so and the website did not state that due to us booking less than 24 hours upon cancellation no refund. Instate the confirmation of cancellation stated that we should receive the refund within 10 business days. NOW YOU ARE CHANGING YOUR STORY... THIS IS ACCEPTABLE!!! I WOULD LIKE MY REFUND IN FULL R550.06

Booking number ZA492460480 Jacob Male
                        Contact number [protected]/[protected]

car rental
                        car rental

Jan 22, 2020

CarTrawler — rental request process

On 15 Jan 2020, submitted booking for Toyota RAV4 at DAL, to pick-up on 16 Jan 2020 for $91.47. Immediately...

CarTrawlerlocation de voiture via tap

Nous avions réservé, par l'intermédiaire de la TAP, un véhicule type 208 à prendre à l'agence rentscape à l'aéroport de Lyon-Satolas le 23 décembre 2019 (N° de réservation cartrawler FR [protected] ).
                          Du fait d'un retard de 3h du vol TP472 de la TAP, en provenance de Lisbonne, nous n'avons pas pu récupérer le véhicule, l'agence étant fermée.Nous avons été contraints de louer un véhicule dans une autre agence encore ouverte à 21h.
                          Nous vous demandons donc de bien vouloir nous rembourser la somme de 210, 08 €, montant de la réservation.
                          Dans cette attente et avec nos remerciements,
                          Jean-François FOREST