Menu
Avis Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Avis
reviews and complaints

avis.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 487 Reviews

How responsive is Avis's customer service?

65 Resolved
400 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Avis is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Avis has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Avis has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Avis renters reviews and complaints 487

Newest Avis reviews and complaints

H
7:28 pm EDT

Avis - Avis rent a car

Avis Car Rental 14 Lower Harrison St location Rented a vehicle on October 13, 2023, drop off Hyannis, MA Waited in line 40 mins, 1 overworked employee responsible for cleaning vehicles and checking guests in and out. The KIA I rented was dirty and as I drove away I saw a hazard light on the display. The windshield was filthy and when I tried to clean...

T
12:04 pm EDT

Avis - My personal car damaged by Avis employee

Avis employee at Shenandoah Airport in Virginia (SHD) backed into my parked car on 28 September at approx 2:30 local time while I was away in Europe. I learned of the incident from the Airport Security Officer who called me at 11:30pm (Italy time). No one from Avis contacted me even after I requested the owner of the Avis branch to call me. The insurance...

6:57 pm EDT

Avis - Loss prevention, lost & found

9/13/2023 Yes the rental was overdue because it’s close to impossible to make any money through Uber when the cost to rent a car is almost $1400 per month. That’s like leasing a top of the line luxury car through Mercedes or BMW every month ! I want to know where the hell are my belongings that were in the car at the time of the repossession. I’m...

1:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis Car had been smoked in and charge for gas

Hello

Reference Avis social media case # 694632. My rental agreement # was [protected] And my name is Gregory Smith.

The car was not very clean and it smelled like it had been smoked in. A block from the airport we stopped to fill the tank . The lot attendant said we would not be charged but on my e recite there was a 52 dollar charge.

regards

Greg

R
4:54 pm EDT

Avis - Avis rent a car Pelham Rd. Methuen Maa

On October 6, 2023 I went to Avis rent a car at the New Bedford MA regional airport to extend my rental contract, but was advised that I had until October 10, 2023 to extend the rental. On October 10, 2023 at approximately 4:35PM I went to the Avis office at Pelham Rd, Methen MA to extend the rental agreement, because I was renting acommodations in New...

1:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis credit for early return

I prepaid for a rental from the dates of 09/30-10/07. They charged me $335.15 on my credit card. I picked up my vehicle on Saturday morning at 8:30 on 09/30 just like I was supposed to. I returned my vehicle on Monday 10/02/23 at 2:30 because I no longer needed it ( my car was repaired quicker than anticipated). They still charged me $304.15 for the 2 1/2 days that I had the vehicle. I called customer service just like the woman at the booth told me I needed to do and Geordia in customer service advised me that she was sorry but rates fluctuate and therefor my price I had to pay for the time I had the vehicle was $ 304.15 with a credit of $31.00. That is absolutely ludicrous! I didn't even have the vehicle for a full 3 days and to charge that amount. I will never use Avis Rental car company again if that is they way they are going to treat their customers!

my rental return agreement # is [protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to have a decent amount credit on my credit card not $31.00. I would be willing to pay $50 a day. I think that is fair.

4:47 am EDT

Avis - Alleged smoke smell

I have received a letter from AVIS under rental agreement U629232682, which suggests that I returned the car with a smell of smoke. AVIS allege that I and/or my passenger (my wife) smoked whilst renting the vehicle. I can categorically state that I, nor my wife, have ever smoked in our lives, and if necessary, we can obtain medical evidence to support thi...

J
9:32 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis Never ever hire a vehicle from these cowboys

I had the misfortune to hire a car from AVIS at Regina Int. Airport Saskatchewan, Canada on the 3rd of September agreement number [protected] the whole experience was awful so much so that I will never hire a car from AVIS again and furthermore I will advise everyone I know and online never to hire a Vehicle from AVIS going forward, please see list of complaints below.

1. Rude service agent: When approached at the Kiosk desk in Regina after landing the agent was rude and dismissive, I got documents thrown at me and told to sign, my credit card was demanded, he then disappeared for about 20mins with my card.

2. Overcharging 1; Due to an unforeseen change to our schedule we were forced to alter our schedule and leave Regina on Sunday 17th Sept. instead of the original date of Monday the 18th When I asked the agent could he amend the booking to reflect the new dates and reimburse the extra days charge, he refused he cited some vague reference to being unable to amend internet bookings as he's not allowed and its company policy to retain any / all monies taken and he isn't authorized to change bookings etc etc, the message was clear he was keeping the money, this maybe company policy I don't know but it is certainly strange for a customer to be treated in this manner.

3. Overcharging 2 Service agent overcharged my card; Despite all documentation stating that a security charge of 500 dollars would be added to my card at pickup (I was prepared for that to be a mistake as the booking was in euro's and the amount of 500 euro's would be taken), however the service agent loaded 600 euros onto my card (despite your own agreement documentation stating that no more than 500 euro would be taken) which he would not explain and told me "that's the agreement take it or leave it".

4. Service agent refused to walkaround the car; when handing over the keys the service agent stated that "there are no scratches or marks on the car" at which point I became suspicious I asked specifically for him to walkaround the car with me and bring the inspection sheet to which he point blank refused despite other service agents being present, when I finally got to the vehicle and walked around it there were numerous scratches and marks on it (I have the photographs to prove it) , I was then forced to head back to the terminal and bring these to the service agents attention, when I insisted he recorded them on the walkaround sheet he became belligerent and rude and for a time refused, he only relented when a second couple entered the kiosk and stated they had the same issue of scratches and marks on their vehicle after being told the car was issue free, I can only assume that this is an effort to defraud customers of their security deposit, which may or may not be a corporate policy or direction, either way it left a very poor impression of both the agents and AVIS's ethical standards.

5. Dirty Car; as if the above issues weren't bad enough when I opened the door I was met with foulest odor, the inside of the car was filthy and smelled of vomit, the car had clearly not been cleaned prior to rental, I went back to the kiosk in the terminal but low and behold the service agent was nowhere to be found, it is absolutely disgraceful that the customer should have to purchase anti-bacterial wipes and an air freshener just to drive a hire vehicle out of the car-park I was then forced to get the vehicle valeted just to allow my family to sit in it.

6. Non existent customer service: When I rand and sent numerous e-mails of complaint I have been ignored at every level and every hands turn, you obviously have no respect for your customers and view them as merely cattle or cash cows, it has also been a week and my "security deposit" has not yet been released, despite your own website stating that it would be released immediately upon return of the vehicle, I don't expect to ever see that 600 euro again.

The whole experience was disgraceful from pick up to finish I don't expect such behavior from a international company such as yours, it ruined an otherwise pleasant holiday, I cant wait for your response (sarcasm).

Update by Jason Rao

I had the misfortune to hire a car from you at Regina Int. Airport Saskatchewan, Canada on the 3rd of September agreement number [protected] the whole experience was awful so much so that I will never hire a car from AVIS again and furthermore I will advise everyone I know and online never to hire a Vehicle from AVIS going forward, please see list of complaints below.

3. Overcharging 2 Service agent overcharged my card; Despite all documentation stating that a security charge of 500 dollars would be added to my card at pickup (I was prepared for that to be a mistake as the booking was in euro's and the amount of 500 euro's would be taken), however the service agent loaded 600 euros onto my card which he would not explain and told me "that's the agreement take it or leave it".

A
6:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis Budget car rental applying fraudulent excess charges

I have just had the most appalling experience of Budget at Catania airport. I have been charged Euros800 for a minor surface scratch that could could easily be polished out. If this wasn't bad enough, I have today received notification that Budget is attempting to charge me a significant additional unauthorised sum of around £600 for “excess” charges that were already expressly included in my BA voucher booking. This is an attempted fraud and I expect it to be treated with the utmost seriousness

Desired outcome: I want an apology an confirmation that this attempt to impose unauthorized charges will be withdrawn

B
2:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis The agent mistakenly added insurance coverage when I told her I declined!

9/17/23

To whom it may concern,

I have a slight issue with the serious situation that happened to me upon checking out an Avis rental car at the Kansas City Airport for a trip I took to Kansas on Thursday, September 7th around 1:30pm and returning the vehicle on Sunday, September 10th. I reserved the car as I always do with NO additional insurance and the lady at the counter asked me that and I stated NO. There was an NFL football game in town that evening, a huge convention in town and a NASCAR race in town that weekend, so the line to rent cars was around 50+ people deep that afternoon. There were having trouble getting cars fast enough and I was about 10 people back and the woman helping me was rushing and rushing people thru to get them cars and I believe she marked the insurance blocks by mistake and I told her NO. I signed as I said NO, but I never received a copy of the rental, which seemed weird, as I had not rented from Avis in ages, but said it was in my email. The total at that time was around $490 and she told me the additional was for a deposit that every rental has and will be refunded upon my return on Sunday. I said, ok, I’ve never had a deposit added before, but she pushed me along and out the door. I was in a hurry to travel to my destination and didn’t check my email until I got back to the airport to depart for my home destination.

Upon check in back on Sunday, the total was like $490.23 where it should have been around $272.90, and the lady checking me in said that was for the additional insurance you purchased! And, I said to her NO, I didn’t agree to the additional insurance and the woman made a mistake. She said there was nothing she could do, but to speak to the manager on Monday, who was Joe on Monday. I left my business card to ask him to call me and to this date, no one has called. The number she gave me was: [protected] was to his number. So I called on Monday but that number NEVER got thru to anyone at the KC Avis office and only sent me to customer service to a foreign country and no one could understand or I could understand them, so I kept trying different ways to try and get thru. So, finally called the KC Airport asking for a direct number to the offices of Avid and they gave me: [protected]. So, I called that number and it went to know where and just keeps ringing and ringing, and answers, then hangs up!...

So, thus why I’m trying to get in touch with Avis customer service and explain what happened and speak with someone about it. This is VERY, VERY frustrating as you can imagine in not being able to speak with someone in person or on site. The lady on Sunday when I checked out was getting very rude and asked me to leave the counter as there was nothing more she could do and all I asked for was a manager and she said no manager was on duty? That seems VERY strange as to not have a manager on duty that day.

All I’m asking for is to remove the additional $193.44 in charges for insurance when I’ve NEVER purchased insurance for any car rental I have as my credit card and my insurance covers all of my rental cars for damage. Could someone please reach out to me on this and please explain and help with my situation.

Thanks for your help and support.

Desired outcome: To remove the unjust charges that i didn't approve of at the total of $193.44.

View 0 more photos
3:56 pm EDT

Avis LaGuardia Shuttle Service

I reserved an avis car from 9/6/23 through 9/10/23. Arriving at the airport I waited 30 minutes to get a shuttle to take me to avis. Even though I called and asked when the shuttle bus will come by, but it never did. Ultimately, a budget truck saw me waiting and offered to leave me in front of avis. Returning to the airport (LGA), the drop off location was not properly marked, and local attendants were too preoccupied on their cell phones to realize a line was forming in the wrong location. After dropping off the car and waiting in a random location with another group of people for 15 minutes, an attendant finally called for a shuttle bus. The shuttle bus attendant did not ask or inform any of us of any process by which stops are made. I was traveling with an elderly person who needed to use a bathroom urgently and the shuttle bus attendant did not stop at our terminal and returned to the car rental garage. I asked the bus attendant why he did not stop at the terminal and he said, "you did not tell me you needed to go there". Traveling with an elderly person requiring assistance, and potentially missing my flight, this response enraged me given he had never said anything previously. I spoke to the manager of the LGA avis location on 9/10/23 who insisted I order an uber. I will never rent from this company as a result of this interaction and have informed my company to cancel our relationship with avis.

Desired outcome: In terms of priority: •Terminate the driver of the shuttle bus. •Obtain a formal apology from the avis manager •refund full avis reservation

F
7:04 am EDT

Avis - Wrong billing - E870823203

Please clarify why you are charging me for a chipped windscreen that was not caused by me. I returned the car at 12pm on the 6 September. I even filled up the fuel. The car was inspected by an Avis gentlemdn abd signed off in my presence that everything was 100 percent in order. There was no chip on the windscreen when I returned it. The next day at...

R
3:18 am EDT

Avis Car rental , not a full tank of petrol when given to me

My name is Riccardo Just,

I picked up a Toyota Hilux from your Hamilton branch on 4/09/23. The customer service agent told me to bring it back with a full tank. When I got in the car I noticed that the Petrol gauge was not on full but about one eighth empty. More fool me thinking that maybe this car looks like that when it's full (as all cars are different) so I drove off without checking. I only drove ,probably, 70 to 80 klm's . When I stopped to fill the tank it took $37 AND moved the guage all the way past the full sign. SO fundamentally I was ripped off somewhere between $20 and $30 worth of diesel. I told them at the office when I returned it on the 11/09/23/ not really expecting them to do anything so I am writing to you to let you know your cars are leaving the lot NOT full and customers are being over charged.

Desired outcome: A refund of petrol would suffice.

G
3:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis Joshua cody bank statement for refund

I have recipt of avis taking 2800 out of my bank account wrongfully.I trie3d calling for months about my issue no one actually came thru.One agent says he would send me alink if i copied the bank statements and address the issue,and they would send the refund in 3 to 5 business days,nothing has happened ,tried again they said they was going to send again if i re post the recipt with dates from bank highlighted i did that also,nothing was done.Sad to say i really like this rental company but this really had my account in critical condition,due to high electric bils due to extreme heat here i the south..If you can get in touch with me asap,i would love that so much ,my gmail is [protected]@gmail.Com

Sep 08, 2023 7:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i tell you want to do if call again tell them to check the miles

1:03 pm EDT

Avis Car Rental at Phoenix airport

We pick up the car July 21 2023. For 12 days. Shawn Rogers. Booking number 2023949ous5

We requested a compact car.

There was a discussion about it because they tried to upsell and we said no because of gas prices.

Upon return of the car we noticed another 203 American dollars charged.

We called and said no way we didnt order a mid size. We are 2 people only travelling. They offered us 100 dollar credit or 2 days free rental we said no. A manager was suppose to call us back and hasnt. It has been 2weeks. Then we get a charge for smoking. Which is a joke we do not smoke. There was black marks by the window already which probably was a smoker at some point but not us!

Desired outcome: Want all the money back from mid size car we didnt order. Money back from supposed smoking that we didnt do.

Sep 08, 2023 8:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

when ever you rent a vehicle make sure to take pictures of the vehicle inside out

with the miles you recevied it or else they will try to pin it on you

2 the location get comision every time they additionals as l.d.w or any products

i work for custemer service for avis and belive me is a everydays thing

it doesnt matter whats on your resevation always address the agent you didnt agree for upgrade

however a tip if you start scearming at you they will give the round around

the odd of refunding is 100 sure however with angery custmers they would ignore it

5:30 pm EDT

Avis - Auto rental in Cincinnati Ohio

I rented a car from the cincinnati /kentucky airport August 18, 22 res # [protected]. pick up August 18, return 8/22/23. When picking up my car at the airport, the first car I was assigned was bashed in the back and the dash message said, "needs service, take to dealer". I went back and was assigned a 2nd car. Approximately 20 miles or so the 2nd car had a...

D
8:22 pm EDT

Avis Car rental return receipt (agreement #[protected])

On Friday, 8/11/23 I rental a car from Los Angeles Airport-LAX, CA Avis Car Rental location. The car was returned to the car rental return lot at the same address location on Sunday, 8/13/23 at approximately 3:30 a.m. in the morning. The keys were left inside the car on the console. After arriving back to Texas from my flight, I continued to monitor my phone for the car return receipt. Later that evening, I called Avis customer service [protected] and spoke to a male representative' I gave him my rental agreement number and he informed me that the rental was still open and due to it being Sunday, the rental would most likely not be closed out until Monday, 8/14. He suggested that I check back on Monday if I did not receive a confirmation email or text. Late evening Monday, 8/14, I call customer service again [protected] and spoke to a male representative. He informed me that I had reached reservations and that he could not assist me. I informed him that this was the customer service number and I had spoken to someone at this number yesterday. He was very persistent in no trying to assist me and told me that I needed to call the location where I rented the car. I ask to speak to a supervisor. A male supervisor, got on the line who was very rude, with a loud voice who would not allow me to explain my concern. I continuous ask him to listen so he would understand why I was calling. When he finally stop talking and saying the wrong thing, I informed him that I was not calling about a rental agreement, but a car rental return receipt. Needless to say, I got nowhere with him. I hung up the phone and called the Los Angeles-LAX location [protected]. I spoke to a female representative Marina who was very pleasant and polite. I explained my concern to her. She looked up my agreement and it was still showing opened. She attempted to close it out, but then said that she had to send it to another department because there was something the person/employee did not do. She told me that it would be closed out Tuesday, 8/15 and that I should receive an email or text. As of this evening, 8/15 nothing has been received. I called the LAX Airport-LA located again and spoke to a male representative. I explained that I had spoken to Marina yesterday and what I had been informed. He put me on hold so he could consult with her. I came back after about 5-10 minutes and informed that because something was not completed in the paperwork, it had to be sent to another department to correct and close out. He said it would take at least 3-5 business days. He apologized to me several times.

I became very upset, because I do not feel that as a customer I should have to be penalized because an employee did not do their job correctly. I need my receipt to verify that I was not over charged and also so that the deposit hold was release from my credit card. As a customer, I feel that this should have been a priority. I had to talk to at least 4 people and still nothing is resolved and it's been 3 days since I returned the vehicle to AVIS. I will also be filing a complaint with their HQ office in New Jersey.

Customer: DAB

Desired outcome: Prioritize - to close Car Rental Agreement confirming that car was returned and send Car Rental Receipt via email/texted.

Sep 08, 2023 8:17 pm EDT

yes it is understandable

to be honest it depends how you reach to the agent

sometimes agent handle everyday situtions and been yelled at 24-7 for fault of the location

imagian that

my point is if call again in a smooth tone they will help you resovle it with in days

custmers service agents are the abocats between a custmer and corporate

i took the time to review the comments of are custmers to tell them thing we can not say over the phone

A
3:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Avis International travelers being discriminated against

Why as a UK citizen with a UK License and passport allowed to reserve a car on the Avis website pre pay and complete the pre check in online

When I went to collect the car at Burbank Airport I was told it was against Avid policy to rent cars to UK citizens with a US Bank account ?

If this truly is an Avis policy then why don’t you write a script that prevents UK citizens from pre paying and pre check in ?

This is a time waste and is only bound to frustrate people who are from the UK

I will be blogging this so that my fellow country men avoid using Avis as their policy is outdated antiquated and wholly discriminatory

If the card matches the driving license and passport, what can’t Avis recognize that the individual is an international traveler

The Avis portal is badly programmed

The Avis policy is not in line with the international market

Hertz do not adhere to this policy

Nor does Almo or Enterprise

I am incensed and outraged

This has caused so much disruption that could easily had been avoided if your online system was in sync with your policies

Both of which need addressing

It is wrong to mislead the customer and inconvenience them

I will never touch Avis ever again

Your policies belong in the last millennium

As does the education of your work force

Step up Avis

It is wrong to penalize citizens because of their nationality

Desired outcome: A change in policy An updated online booking system A voucher to try and tempMe to rent from Avis again

Read full review of Avis
Update by Avis are backward thinking
Aug 15, 2023 3:11 pm EDT

I feel your frustration

Avis are indeed backward and outdated

Try using Alamo

They are great

T
8:05 pm EDT

Avis Service

RA#[protected] want complete refund, rented car on July13th that broke down at 6pm on the 15th, u wanted my daughter2sleep on HWY until morning in car bcuz it was Sunday and there was no place around 2 get her a replacement, i said your billion dollar company and are all tied together and should send 2 agents and 2 cars from the biggest Airport close 2 them which was in Pittsburg Penn

I was told no and for her to sleep on side of the turnpike in broken down car until morning, but Trooper Huff badge# 10966 pulled up and told my daughter she had 2 move the car bcuz they were going to be working on that part of the Turnpike, i called back and your agent said they couldn't tow it so the Trooper said he will but it will be impounded, i talked him into not having it impounded bcuz my daughters stuff was in there and she has nowhere to sleep, so he had it towed 10 miles to the nearest exit,

I then called you back to try and get my daughter a room bcuz there was tweekers all around that exit and was told by you billion dollar company you couldn't so her mom got her a room to be safe in since you didn't care about her safety.

No1came4her by morning. took 24hrs until u came to get her, u had tow truck driver pick her up by 7pm and took her2wrong airport where they didn't have a car for her but luckily he was taking the broken down car to Pittsburg Airport so she was able to ride with him to get new car. then you charged me twice for the rental, i called you back and asked for it to be put back on, your agent said ok, but it will take 5 to 7 business days to be put back on after it only took you to take it off in 20 seconds, then i checked about 5 days later on my bank and it wasn't there so i called you again and found out whoever i spoke to never put it back into my account, so she said she would do it, and the same results a week later, it wasn't put back on to my account so i had to call my bank and dispute it and that's how it was put back on. plus the 1st car we gt from you had bald tires that could of popped at anytime my daughter was driving the car, the Trooper Huff and the Tow truck driver both pointed it out and said they would tell you how dangerous it was for her to be driving that car on the road

i spend about 13 hrs on the phone with your agents during this whole ordeal, i can take pictures of the total time spent with your agents if you need it, but i think this whole ordeal is more important and i can sent you pictures of the tires if you need them as well on and off the tow truck with the license plate

Desired outcome: i want a total refund for this nightmare car rental

View 0 more photos
V
12:18 pm EDT

Avis Random Charges Months After Rental

We rented a car from AVIS in Naples, Italy, from 1/17 to 1/21/23. Paid in full on 1/23. On 3/20 I was charged $59.56 w/o explanation. Called on 3/29 to dispute charges. Never heard back. Called again 4/4 and AVIS was unable to explain charge. On 4/21, I received an email indicating the charge was for a missed toll. However, they wouldn't produce the bill & directed me to contact issuing authority. I did so but they also never produced any proof of the charge. I paid the $59.56. On 7/20/23 I was charged $54.86 again w/o explanation. I called on 7/20--again they couldn't explain the charges. Have heard nothing since. Waisted so much time in March and now again in July.

Desired outcome: Refund of $54.86 on 7/20 -- no reason provided by AVIS. Additionally, refund first charge of $59.56 never received proof & lack of responsiveness by AVIS

Avis In-depth Review

Company Overview:

Avis is a well-established car rental company with a rich history dating back several decades. The company was founded in 1946 and has since grown to become one of the leading players in the industry. Avis is known for its commitment to providing excellent customer service and maintaining a strong presence in both domestic and international markets.

Services Offered:

Avis offers a wide range of vehicles for rental, catering to various needs and preferences. Whether you're looking for a compact car for a quick city trip or a spacious SUV for a family vacation, Avis has you covered. In addition to vehicle rentals, Avis also provides a range of additional services such as GPS navigation systems, child seats, and insurance options to ensure a hassle-free and comfortable experience. Keep an eye out for their special offers and promotions, which can provide great value for money.

Pricing and Transparency:

Avis strives to maintain transparency in its pricing and billing practices. Rental rates and fees are clearly communicated, allowing customers to make informed decisions. There are no hidden charges or unexpected costs, ensuring that you won't be caught off guard when it comes time to settle the bill.

Reservation Process:

Making a reservation with Avis is a breeze. Their online booking system is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to find and select the perfect vehicle for your needs. Should you require any assistance during the reservation process, Avis provides reliable customer support to address any queries or concerns.

Vehicle Quality and Maintenance:

Avis takes pride in the quality and maintenance of its rental vehicles. The fleet is regularly inspected and undergoes thorough safety checks to ensure that you're getting a reliable and well-maintained vehicle. The rental vehicles are kept in excellent condition and are always clean and ready for your journey.

Customer Service:

Avis is known for its exceptional customer service. The customer support team is responsive and professional, always ready to assist you with any questions or issues you may have. They provide valuable assistance during the pick-up and drop-off process, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience. In the rare event of a complaint or issue, Avis handles it promptly and strives to find a satisfactory resolution.

Locations and Accessibility:

Avis has a wide network of rental locations, making it convenient for customers to pick up and drop off their vehicles. These locations are strategically placed near airports, hotels, and popular destinations, ensuring easy access for travelers. Avis also prioritizes accessibility for customers with disabilities, providing facilities and support to accommodate their needs.

Loyalty Programs and Rewards:

Avis offers a range of benefits and perks to its loyal customers through its loyalty programs. Membership programs and tiers allow customers to earn and redeem rewards, making each rental experience even more rewarding. The process of earning and redeeming rewards is straightforward and hassle-free.

Reviews and Ratings:

Avis consistently receives high customer satisfaction ratings, reflecting the quality of its services. Previous customers have provided positive feedback, praising Avis for its reliability, professionalism, and overall experience. Avis stands out among its competitors in the industry, setting a high standard for car rental services.

Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility:

Avis is committed to sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The company actively engages in environmental initiatives and practices, aiming to reduce its carbon footprint. Avis also demonstrates its commitment to the community through philanthropic efforts and community involvement.

Mobile App and Technology:

Avis offers a user-friendly mobile app that enhances the rental experience. The app is packed with features and functionality, allowing customers to easily manage their reservations, access important information, and even integrate with other travel-related services. The interface is intuitive and navigation is seamless, making it a convenient tool for travelers.

Security and Privacy:

Avis prioritizes the security and privacy of its customers. Personal information is protected and secure payment options are available, giving you peace of mind when making transactions. Safety measures for rental vehicles are also in place, ensuring that you can enjoy your journey with confidence.

Additional Considerations:

Avis is available internationally, making it a reliable choice for travelers across the globe. They accept a variety of payment methods, providing flexibility and convenience. A standout feature of Avis is their commitment to innovation, constantly striving to enhance the rental experience through technological advancements.

Conclusion:

Avis is a trusted and reputable car rental company that consistently delivers excellent service. With a wide range of vehicles, transparent pricing, and exceptional customer support, Avis ensures a smooth and enjoyable rental experience. Their commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility further sets them apart from the competition. Whether you're a frequent traveler or planning a one-time trip, Avis is highly recommended for all your car rental needs.

How to file a complaint about Avis?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against Avis on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with Avis in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Avis. Mention key areas such as transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filing optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure you follow these steps carefully to effectively file a complaint against Avis on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Avis customer service

Phone numbers

1800 352 7900 1800 288 8888 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Avis?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Avis Customer Service. Initial Avis complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Avis above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Avis. Discuss the issues you have had with Avis and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.