Having problems with Avis?

1800 352 7900 (USA & Canada)
1800 288 8888 (Mexico)
+44 808 284 5566 (United Kingdom)
+61 293 539 000 (Australia)
+64 95 263 258 (New Zealand)
+43 800 104 407 (Austria)
+32 27 306 211 (Belgium)
+45 33 268 080 (Denmark)
+31 882 847 000 (Netherlands)
+351 211 201 936 (Portugal)
+41 848 811 818 (Switzerland)
+852 28 822 927 (Hong Kong)
+62 213 142 900 (Indonesia)
+60 376 282 300 (Malaysia)
+63 27 184 061 (Philippines)
+966 14 761 300 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 67 371 668 (Singapore)
+27 113 878 431 (South Africa)
+82 261 470 209 (South Korea)
+66 225 111 312 (Thailand)
+54 114 378 9640 (Argentina)
+57 16 104 455 (Colombia)
+58 22 615 556 (Venezuela)
Six Sylvan Way
Parsippany, New Jersey
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 699000, Tulsa, OK 74169-9000

More Contacts

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Avis.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 06, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — payment not received

We hired a vehicle from this company on 22 July 2019 and returned it four days later in perfect condition...

Aug 05, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — avis budget car rental - unauthorized billing to credit card

Rental agreement Number : [protected] AVIS WIZARD NUMBER : 6EQ81S Agency collected from : Cabana Hotel...

Aug 05, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — 5 identical $782.15 repeated charges on my credit card & no car rented

August 3, 2019: I went to the US web site to rent a car at Boston Logan airport. When I arrived at the...

Aug 01, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — money refund

Good morning! As I have already informed you, I never get the cars and I want my money back. The reason that...

Jul 26, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — avis canceled my reservation.44790518us3

I had a confirmed reservation for a car. Pickup was scheduled for 11:30 PM July 24th. I was traveling that...

Jul 20, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — rental car

My wife rented a Grand Caravan through Avis at the SLC Airport. The van was extremely dirty, inside and out...

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Groupservice

I was at your location I believe July 25th at 1264 Chisholm Trail Round Rock Texas the guy at the counter was very rude to me we were arguing back and forth about a rental that I was trying to get and then I asked him could he speak a little better English he got very upset or upset told me I was racist told me to leave his store he did not have any cars for me

Jun 29, 2019

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group — rental car

We picked up our prepaid rental car 2 hours late and were charged 50 gbp. They said there is a fee and the...

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Groupcar rental

Avis is really a scam. It has charged extra for me and my boyfriend and when you call the customer care and ask them for refund, they are very rude and arrogant.
    My boyfriend had rented the car for 2 days from ROCHESTER Airport and exactly on the day of the return we had a flight from ROCHESTER TO DALLAS, Avis charged extra $130 saying that we returned the car the next day which was not true because we took the flight and the next day we were in DALLAS. We called the customer care and they provided us with wrong email ID, It has been a month and still the issue has not been resolved.
    I also rented car from Avis and they charged me extra $24 and when I tried calling them and reporting the issue, they were very rude as always and gave me the reason that I returned the car an hour late but I returned the car just on time because it was a SUNDAY and on Sunday they close at 1 and I returned at 12.19 and if I would have returned an hour late, it would have been closed.

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Groupshuttle pick up at laguardia airport nyc

On June 8, 2019 we were picked by a Budget shuttle to pick up our rental. The driver on Bus #6 at 1am was driving erract and at high speeds. The shuttle was over crowded and passengers were standing. People were swaying back and forth to his high speed including senior passengers. Further more there more than 30 people renting cars and there was only one clerk. Took us 2 hours to get our car. Unacceptable business.

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Groupovercharging

Rented a Mitsubishi Outlander on 1-May-19 till 6-May-19 from Budget, New Rochelle Station on a International Driving License with total protection. On 6th May, had a tire blow out and was towed to a tire shop in Bloomsburg, PA. By Budget Road Side Assistance. Tire shop did not have a tire in inventory and said it will take two to three days. Budget did not provide a alternate car and left me stranded in Bloomsburg. Left with no option as everything was closing at 5 pm had to leave car behind and rented a new car from Enterprise as had a flight next day. After 10 days, Budget puts out a e- receipt for 1422 dollars compared to original cost of 387.
        Rental charged from 1-May till 15th, although Budget towed the car back on 7th. Late return penalty, additional insurance charges, returning to a different location charged.

What are my rights as the car was not in a driving condition and Budget did not help me out despite having total coverage of LDW, cover myself and cover my liability.

Avis Car Rentalavis car rental

It is 22:17 on a Friday night they have 4 people on duty, only 2 between budget and Avis, the other 2 at preferred.
          NO manager and NO service .
          They feel NOTHING
          Well done Avis on living your core values
          You SUCK
          We tried speaking to one of the staff and she just said, well it is what it is, there were delayed flights
          Surely they would know if flights are delays and make a plan.
          Somehow Avis seems to think they have the monopoly and they do not need to go the extra mile

avis car rental

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group1. lack of telephone call agent to report an incident 2. no rear wiper

1.On 6 May 2019, when in transit between Needles and Flagstaff, my Budget hire car was damaged by another tourist in a parking lot at Seligman Chevron gas station. My wife and I were in the car when the Russian tourist parked next to us and banged her driver's door into our front passenger door. I took photos of : the dent caused in our door, the Russian's Sext hire car license plate and the Russian driver's driving license. When trying to phone various Avis/Budget helpline, I was unable to make contact with one of your agents to report the incident. This was very stressful during our journey.
            2. On collecting our hire car at Palm Springs earlier on 5 May, I reported the lack of a rear screen wiper on the car. I have since driven through various rainstorms and found it difficult without the wiper to see out of the rear windscreen. This has also proved stressful.

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Groupunauthorized credit card charges for rental upgrade

Date:4/27/2019
              Ref #:[protected]
              Escalation Ticket # [protected]??
              Made reservations online for a car and paid for the car rental online. I arrive at the airport and had a discussion with the representative about whether or not I wanted to gas up the car before returning to the airport or and I opted to have the airport gas up the car for a fee of $8 a day. I sign at the counter and was given the rental agreement and was told to go to the ground floor for keys and car. I received the car keys and was told car was in slot 28 and left the airport. Now prior to getting to the car, no one mentioned that this car was upgraded to a luxury car. Returned the car on the day scheduled and was given the receipt and reviewed the charges that no indications listed in regards to upgrades. I got on the plane & returned home. A Few days later, I happen to be looking over my account and discover that my credit card has additional charges... I call Avis and was advised the charge was for a gas charge and a upgrade for a luxury car. No information in regards to a rental upgrade was ever discussed with me when I picked up the car. I do not like the fact that my options to make the decision for an upgrade was taken from me. A change from the original agreement is something that I feel should be discussed with the individual that is picking up the car. Then I call customer service to dispute the charges and barely can get assistance for the issue. This whole experience was the worst car rental experience I have ever endured. In addition to that, I asked the representative for a name and number or email to escalate this issue so that this situation does not persist and was continuously told that there was no contact number or email that could be given. Then after speaking with this same representative for almost an hour he places me on hold and comes back with an escalation email that I can send disputes on which was [protected]@avisbudget.com. I go home and look this up and this was not accurate information given for disputes. Where does this ever happen??? The whole process of the call and entire experience was unsatisfying and irritating. It was like pulling teeth to try to get information on how to go about escalating my concerns and for that it would be very difficult to get business from me again.

Aviscar rental

My partner rent a car from Avis by reservation on the internet (for 3 days from Fiumicino Airport)

The car was not prepaid

At the arrival on the desk of Avis -Budget and after 40' of waiting, we have been told that we have to go to the desk on another floor (40' of waiting for nothing)

On the desk of Avis we gave the credit card (VISA) which was not recognized by the system.

We called the bank who confirmed that the card was activated with enough money left to pay.

We proposed to pay with any possible other way, they refused.

We asked from the manager Mr Marco Gallo to help us, he just said that he will try to and then dissapeared.

We finally rent a car from another company with the exact same card.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Maria Anastasiou
                (Evangelos Theodosiadis : card owner)

Avisno flexibility to receive car after closing hours 22:00pm in case of late arrival