Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnswerUnauthorised credit card charges

In mid-January I asked for your help in solving a problem with my computer. On 20 January my credit card was billed with 36.90 euros plus 5 amounts of 0.10 euro, another of 0.50 euro. The problem was partially solved, I had to finish it myself.

On 29 January my credit card was billed with 44 euros for no reason whatsoever, perhaps I had not given a grading of 10!

Then on 26 February, another 44 euros was billed for no reason at all.

I now expect you to refund the two amounts of 44 euros that were totally unearned by your service.

Cecilia Reilly

Just Answertelephone call that never happened

the lawyer was supposed to cal me back to discus my problem they took the money from my bank account adn despite my requesting it to refund, i never got an answer or my money back. i want my money a. I never got to speak to him or resolved my problem. THIS IUS FRAUD THEY TOOK MONEY AND DID NOT GIVE THE SERVICE. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR FROM LAWYERS.

JustAnswerTaking money under false pretences. Internet scam website.

I asked a legal question using JustAnswer website and pair £5.00 for this which gave them my bank details. I never got any answer, just an email saying things like this can take some time, would it be alright if they kept on looking. I then forgot all about JustAnswer. I could see from their email that a had paid £5.00 for a free trial. Then I got an email today the 27th February, and this was an invoice to say that JustAnswer were going to take £40.00 from my bank account for my full membership. I immediately cancelled this and have an email to support this. However, when I checked my bank statement I found the JustAnswer had taken £40.00 from my bank account on the 5th February. For nothing. Why on earth would I want to give JustAnswer £40.00 a month for nothing! This organisation is a fraud. It should be banned by Google. I want my money back. Copyright 2019 JustAnswer LLC. All rights reserved. JustAnswer is a trademark of JustAnswer LLC. P.O. Box 29045, San Francisco, CA 94129

JustAnswerillegal use of my credit card.

I made 5.00 last week asking a question that their so-called expert did not know. I canceled the day of that 1st. Call. A week later there is a 34.00 charge on my checking account! I called and got a run-around! Going to bank to pay for a stop payment. This company is run and operated by crooks. Do not use this company! What is really incredible is that when I typed in a question the girl "ellen", tried to get me to join again!

Just AnswerJust Answer Membership I did not sign up for

Good morning

In October 2019 I asked a couple of questions in your 7 day trial period and incidentally did not get relevant answers relating to Scottish Law. To my surprise I found £40 had been deducted from my bank account on both November and December. My bank cancelled further payments. I did not agree to membership and therefore there is no contract between us in law. Having read many complaints about your company I can only deduce that this is some sort of scam. It appears that you lure people in to your membership with the promise of a 7 day trial. To say that I am unamused is an understatement. Grateful if you would refund the £80 to my bank. This is the third time I have e-mailed and no reply. Thank you. Kay

JustAnswertrial

I used your services for one day for the trial period of a week. I then paid the $5 and afterwards immediately cancelled your services online through your website using the same computer I am right now. Your company has since then charged my account in the amount of $60.00 without my consent or authorization. I want this money returned to me within 24 hour our I am filing a complaint with the BBB and Attorney Generals Office.
            I have tried several times now to have this fixed and keep getting the run around. I have Photos of these attempted conversations through your chat. Your chat line is also an unsecure webpage that My information is being asked for from your agents. I have been frauded once from your company and will not expose my information further.
            I not waste anymore time with your company. If this is not fixed in 24 hrs. I will proceed as needed.
            The date this took place was on 2/11/20.
            [protected]@hotmail.com
            Account ending in -0397

Sincerely,
            Tanya Currie/Billings

JustAnswerunauthorised use of credit card

I asked 1 question and got 1 reply in dec 19 now my bank statement for jan/feb 20 shows a £45 deduction to just answer for membership fees which I did not apply for. It was just 1 question and 1 answer. Now cant get intouch via email or phone so I will be taking this matter futher, unless I can get a refund. They were quick to take my money but cannot contact anyone to help.

Just Answeryour business

I joined Just Answer on a 5 day membership through Banfield Vets. I was told I would recieve an email to accept or reject a full membership. I did not and now have been charged the $29.00 for the past two months. I have sent 2 emails requesting the deductions be reversed and my relationship with the company terminated.
                John P Galllon
                [protected]@schroedlcleaners.co,

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 24, 2020

Hello Pat,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing.

We can confirm that your membership was turned off, that the most recent membership charge was refunded when you contacted Customer Support and, you will see no further recurring billing. You can continue to use the website to post questions as you need and you will be asked to place a deposit on a question-by-question basis.

Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help in any way we can.

• Ka
                    Kaya60 Feb 15, 2020

I joined just answer on a five day trial, I did not receive an e mail to accept or reject a full membership and have now been charged £50 which I can not afford at this time. I want a refund of this money I have contacted Just answer and they say they are not going to refund.
                    Denise Ross

JustAnswerja-exprt.com

A few days ago I was searching for an air filter for my J-SKY Chainsaw, and was visiting their website. The date was around the 7th of Feb.
                  A message came up regarding an expert and I presumed it was with regard to J-SKY staff, so agreed to a $2 payment to find the part.
                  This involved giving my credit card number.
                  Imagine my surprise to find a charge of $NZ70 against my card a couple of days later, I think it was Feb 10th.
                  Incidently I heard nothing further from Just Ask an Expert, and didn't find the answer to my question.

My name is Graeme S Smith, and I want my money refunded in full please.

Thank you.

JustAnswermembership fee

I just got off the phone with customer service to cancel my membership which has now been canceled. I thought I had till the 11th to cancel but was informed that today was the day it would be charged to my card. When I explained that I did not want my card charged I did not want a membership I was told on the website there was a disclaimer so no refund could be given. Checked my account and a $60 charge is pending. I understand I am a day late but I do not understand why that charge cannot be reversed since I have obviously not used the service and have no need for the service.

Feb 11, 2020

JustAnswer — ja-exprt.com*membership [protected] ca

My Merrill-Bank of America Visa statements lists on 02/02 a $50.00 membership charge from the company above...

JustAnswerxbox

While in contact with microsoft they mistakingly transferred me to justanswer. Who immediately wanted to know what my problem was with xbox, for $5. I told them I did not have a problem with xbox but with microsoft. I closed the connection. Now I am charged $74.42. For absolutley nothing. And I want a refund. I will be going to fair trading and my bank with this outrageous rip off, it is theft.

Feb 09, 2020

JustAnswer — a legal question about attorneys

I called just answer way back in October and asked a legal question about what I could do about charges my...

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charges

In the latter part of 2019, I went online to seek assistance with a legal matter. By per chance I came across 'Justanswer'. I entered my credit card details as directed. Because of the time factor (I reside in Australia) the reply to my question was not forthcoming for my problem to be answered by the required due date, therefore my asking for assistance from Justanswer was of no benefit at all.
                        I have since had a deduction(dated 4th February 2020) made from my credit card without my authorisation!!! I did not sign up for membership, so please do not assume that deductions can be made without my consent. The total amount deducted is $66.00 (Australian Dollars). I would appreciate a full refund please at your earliest convenience.
                        Order ID: [protected]-553. John Melis. Solicitor 28th Novemeber 2019
                        Thank you. Rosemary Cameron.
                        I have passed this correspondence onto the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC).
                        Watchdog

Just Answer UKthe fraud that has been perpetrated by just answer uk

I asked a Legal question, paid the £5, then was told the answer would cost me £44 and I said something like "I don't want to pay that kind of money", left it, and got a satisfactory answer, for free, from Google ... I have just looked at my Bank Account and Just Answer *Expert has taken £50 from my Bank Account (Reference [protected] GB) ... I gave no Authority for this money to be taken and it is therefore Fraud which I will escalate, in a very public fashion, unless I am reimbursed this money immediately.

the fraud that has been perpetrated by just answer uk

JustAnswermonthly membership

A few months ago I logged in with a query about my Epsom printer and was asked to pay for the answer. I've just checked my credit card statement and notice that I"m being charged a monthly "membership" fee!!! I absolutely did not request this service at all. I had a ONCE OFF question I needed help with. I see it says that you can log into your account and cancel this membership but when I try and log in it doesn't recognize my email address ([protected]@iwebz.co.za). Also keeps saying I'm entering the incorrect password but as I cannot log in with my email address, I cannot change my password.
                            Please advise as I absolutely do not want this membership and would like the charges reversed as I in no way agreed to any kind of membership.
                            Regards
                            Alison Gadenne

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hello Alison,

Unfortunately it does not appear that that E-mail address has bene used to create an account on our site. It seems that you may have sued a different E-mail address when you registered. If you do not remember the E-mail address, you can reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us page and we should be able to help you get logged back in.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Feb 05, 2020

JustAnswer — inability to cancel

Hi everyone, I paid my $5.00 for the free trial and received my answer. Call me crazy, I had a sick Betta...

JustAnswermoney was wrongly deducted from my account

My name is ike great osita, my email address is [protected]@ yahoo.com. I lost this account and sort the help of just answer experts to help me recover it. I was charged $1 for that which I paid via my debit card. This was on the 28/01/2020. Subsequently my account was recovered after the payment. Then on the 04/02/2020, the sum of $47 was deducted from my account by just answer experts without any transaction or request from me and with just answer experts. I am therefore appealing that this said amount be reversed and paid back into my account with immediate effect because it is totally abnormal and uncalled for. Thanks

money was wrongly deducted from my account

• JustAnswer's response · Feb 05, 2020

Hello,

Unfortunately, CompalintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

If you still need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help page and we're happy to help in any way we can.

JustAnswerbilling for nothing

Hello there
                                I have been paying you monthly fee for nothing without noticing until now. Please stop taking my money and I would be thankful if you gave back to me what you have taken from my credit card. I tried to ask a question some months ago and did not get any answer. So I think you owe me both money and an apology.
                                Magni Hjálmarsson
                                Súðarvogi 48
                                104 Reykjavik
                                Iceland
                                +[protected]

JustAnswerhelp with cancellation

Earlier this month I bought something by mistake so searched for Amazon service, Just answer came up, the robot asked the problem which I wrote they then requested $5 refundable !, Iwas told I would wait 2 minutes but waited 20 mins, lost patience & hung up, $5 was not worth angst. On tenth ofJanuary $69 was taken from my account at no time did I agree to that.
                                  All this plus foreign fees it's immoral.
                                  Please rectify this problem.
                                  Anne Duffy phone 0433583258q