Menu
JustAnswer
reviews & complaints

JustAnswer
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1010 complaints
486 resolved 524 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by JustAnswer customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JustAnswer. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
V
11:17 am

JustAnswer - Refused to refund. Dishonest advertising

On their chat, they told me that they were going to charge $1 for a week trial and and proceeded to charge $30 instead. When I called them, they refused to honor their word and said that I had accepted a membership because I post a question. I told them that that is not what I was told before receiving help. They said that nothing in the chat says anything about $1 week trial. When I looked back to the chat they recorded on my account, they conveniently cut the chat transcript just before the week trial was offered so they could say that there's no proof. To make it worse, both times I called customer service to request a refund, they hung up on me. So... just know that you will receive the service but there's not such thing as a trial period and that the customer service sucks.

Desired outcome: I just want my $29 back.

P
10:48 pm

JustAnswer - A charge that was not approved by me

on 7/11/21 I was charged $67.98 AUD by a just answer Expert 1800727139
no service was supplied or requested by me, As usual it seems the details were hidden in the promo for your business if I was to be charged.
Im getting sick of this type of con from Yankee companies on the internet
Peter May

Desired outcome: refund

S
1:19 pm

JustAnswer - Deceptive and dishonest billing

I tried Just Answer to ask a legal question. After I asked, a message saying I was being directed to a secure page and that I could enjoy JustAnswer for 1$. Then I found they had charged me 1$ plus 46$ months membership. Apparently it says in very fine print that I would be charged 46$ monthly membership. Plus, the disclaimers and policies are not made available until after you pay.
I contacted customer support and was told that I was not eligible for a refund and that it CLEARLY stated that I would charged 46$ as well. Doesn't seem like I am the only one.

Desired outcome: I want a refund

X
6:14 am

JustAnswer - Subscription fee

The advertising is deceptive. I was looking for help with a vet question and the site said they could answer my question for $1. When it took me to pay pal, it said $30. I clicked on it before I realized and tried to stop the transaction but couldn't.
Customer service was quick but said they do not do refunds. No trial was offered and the original site only said about the$1 although the $29 fee was mentioned in smaller print below.

Desired outcome: Refund of the $30

S

JustAnswer - Never asked for membership

The payment I made was to get an answer. What I got was a membership along with a one sentence incomplete response that asked to retain a professional for an additional $50.
Since I did not know I had signed up for a membership I did not cancel it, and an additional charge of $50 was added a month later.
Buyer beware. These people are not responsible professionals.

Desired outcome: I want this posting to remain loud and clear.

C
2:51 am

JustAnswer - Fraud

Hello

I have some fraudulent purchases made to you regularly from my savings account.

I have never purchased anything from you before.

It's an account I never look at and this could have gone on much longer, if recent new fraudulent activity on my account hadn't occurred.

You need to return the following payments to my account now or I will be forced to forward this on to the Police.

Date How Who Ref number Where Amount

Desired outcome: The return of my $533 AUD

J
5:06 am

JustAnswer - Unauthorized credit card charges

I contacted this company via the internet in September 2021 as I had a problem with my EMail settings. My first dealing was a gentleman whose name I unfortunately I cannot recall. The information I received from him did not solve my problem as I had to get somebody else in to sort it out. On 11 September an amount of R599.00 was deducted off my bank account for the information I received from this consultant. Since then I disputed the high amount deducted. Once again an amount of R599.00 was deducted off my bank account on 6 November 2021. I have since September had no other dealings with this company as there was no need for this. I then went in on their site to dispute this deduction and then I dealt with a lady Ellen - Consultant and thereafter I was dealing with a lady Pearl Wilson - Expert's Assistant. I have never agreed or signed a contract with them regarding the monthly deductions. I requested them to refund these amounts as I did not agree to any such amounts. I have tried to communicate with Pearl Wilson on numerous occasions and always receive the same message (Sorry. Pearl is no longer available. The Computer Expert will have all the information you gave here, and will be with you shortly. Click the link at the right to go to the next page) Firstly there is no link available to proceed to the next page, so I could not continue. I have also contacted my bank to cancel further deductions from this company, but as the other 2 payments had gone through I could not be refunded. As I am a pensioner such big amounts being deducted for services I have not agreed to, leaves me in a predicament.

L
5:19 pm

JustAnswer - Deceptive practices

This company deceives the public by advertising deceptive information. The website is very clear by stating that to join for only $1 and cancel anytime. After reviewing my credit card statement there is an additional $60.00 charge.

When you call them they informed you that in the credit card section in small prints, that there is an additional charge of $60.00

This is very unfair

Desired outcome: my refund

V
12:55 am

JustAnswer - Refusal to refund $46.00 annual fee

On 11/4 I had a problem with positioning of my desktop screen on my computer. I was seeking help and Just Answer showed up.
They advertised help for $1.00 but when I checked my bank account they had charged $46.00. After sending me around in circles I determined they could not help and closed them out. In the process they did absolutely nothing to help me but they claim
I am not eligible for a refund. This is dishonesty and taking advantage of an 86 year old woman who needs that $46.00 to
buy her medicine, which is a blood thinner and it is dangerous to miss doses.

Desired outcome: Refund of the $46.00 so I can get my medicine

L
9:50 pm

JustAnswer - Unauthorized credit card charge of $37.00

In Oct 2021 I used JustAnswer for a question regarding a fridge. Before I even got to ask anything I was required to fill in my credit card info. Immediately I got charged $1; no explanation why. I assumed it was to verify the credit card and would get that $1 refunded or deducted from my overall cost.

After posting my question I was charged $17 but received no answer. I cancelled out the service only to find being charged yet an additional $37.

I've tried to get the charges reversed without luck.

This is a scam site. Stay away from them. They rip people off.

Desired outcome: get my money back

11:48 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The same thing was done to me. I paid $5 for a trial with JustAnswer on November 1st. I recieved my answers from Alex (a family lawyer). He answered my questions to the best of his ability. I don't typically check my email on a daily basis as I have 3 different emails and dont have the time to do so every day. I was also receiving several emails at a time...

G
1:50 am

JustAnswer - Unauthorized credit card charges

I only wanted to have one question answered with a very minimal fee that's why I agreed, but when I processed my payment via mastercard I was surprised that they also charged me with montly subscription which I did not choose or even allow. They also never gave me receipt of payment for the transaction done.

Desired outcome: I want a refund

G
8:46 am

JustAnswer - Automatic billing after just one question

I was very happy to see this site so I could get some help without costing me an n arm and a leg, only to find out that there is an automatic Charge if the trial is not cancelled, which makes me very unhappy.
Leave it to a bunch of lawyers to screw over the public.
I will not recommend anyone to this site and will definitely report this to BBB.
I would like a refund of $60.00 for membership fees.
My email address is [email protected]

Desired outcome: I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

P
3:51 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer - Credit card charged without authorisation.

Please explain why my credit card was access for $67.98 & $2.06 Australian Dollars by Justanswer when no authorisation was given and I did not request membership.

Im finding this entire process extremely frustration and would appreciate help.

Please cancel membership & refund the above amount back to my credit card as there was no service provided.

7:05 am

JustAnswer - Money taken out of my account

I contacted you on a matter a few months ago and made a payment to you for what I considered was not a good answer, I now notice you are still taking money out of my account. Please stop taking anymore payments out of my account. If I get anymore payments taken from my account I will have to contact my bank and get anymore requests blocked as I think these payments are dishonest

Desired outcome: No more payments taken from my account please

M
12:54 pm

JustAnswer - Membership

Justanswer Assured me that I was only going to get charged 1 dll to post a question and that I had 7 day trial before being charged the full amount. I checked bank account and see that thr have charged me 46 without my consent. I spoked to supervisor Julious employee id 135481 and would not want to issue a refund or help me even though they mislead me into signing up to the membership saying I had a 7 day trial

Desired outcome: Refund

JustAnswer - Membership

I had a question regarding a legal matter. I was searching for answers on Google when Justanswer popped up, I typed up my question and it said "Experts are available, $1 to get an answer". Ok, great I put my information in and opted out of the membership.
I just wanted the 1 question answered for $1, like advertised. I got my answer having had a text conversation with the "Expert", then it kept asking me to pay $40 for a voice call. I declined, having my answer already, I declined the membership and the voice call.
Much to my surprise they charged me a day later for the membership fee.
Don't you know stealing is wrong? and after I declined more then once how do you justify charging my account?.
You can't say there's a miscommunication, because I clearly declined the voice call and membership.

Desired outcome: Rufund the unauthorized funds you stole from my bank account.

Read full review of JustAnswer

They refunded my account, I had to say they didn't answer my question. The ad said $1 for my answer, it was $5 and they charged $46 on the down low for membership. I got $46 back.

3:01 pm

JustAnswer - IRS scam senior citizen abuse

This is a SCAM site that tried to defraud a senior citizen in our care by high jacking her search for IRS help and pretended to be and IRS person even taking her credit card info for 'help' only to find out it was justanswer.com who set her up with a monthly 'membership' charging her $82 a month!

All she wanted to do was get the IRS to send her a tax return and suddenly these SCUMBAGS are charging a senior citizen a monthy charge for $82 for nothing...they obviously couldnt assist with her tax return they just stole the money and tried to scam her every month!

How is this CRIMINAL organization still in business?

How did this CRIMINAL organization hijack her internet search results for IRS help?

Why are these crimnial scumbags not in prison for defrauding senior citizens?

Desired outcome: CRIMINAL CONVICTION AND PRISON TIME FOR SCAMMING SENIOR CITIZENS.

D
7:58 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company is such a scam. Went on site August 1 2021 about getting information on a illegal foreclosure and removal. Paid the 5.00 and got emails saying my question had been answered.. Nothing was there. Then they wanted me to pay more $? No way... don't trust law his it is... from personal experience and left the site. Figured lost 5.00 but learned a...

Read full review of JustAnswer

JustAnswer - Membership that I didnt ask for!

I paid £5 for a few online questions. However, Just Answer took from my bank account £51 in August and £51 in September without my authorisation.

I contacted Just Answer via their chatline and was told I entered a membership! At no point was I told this because I would not have proceeded.

They told me as a one time courtesy they would refund £51. I said no you took £102 without my authority. They terminated the chatline.

Be aware of these scammers!

JustAnswer contacts