Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jan 17, 2020

JustAnswer — unauthorised money taken from my account.

As i though this had been sorted out.i cannot find thte relevant b ank statements.I shall contact my bank...

JustAnswercustomer service

I singed up for the 7 day trial and paid $5 after the trial i got charged $29 ( I didn't know i was signing up for the membership) called customer service an hour after the payment was made to cancel my membership and get my money back since it was a payment for a month worth of questions that i wasn't going to need. Spoke to Anthony and he was rude and unhelpful. he said i had asked a question 7 days ago and that i had gotten an answer ( the question was done when i paid the $5 for the 7 day trial) I explained and he said that if i didn't want the membership i should've canceled the day before. I asked him if i could speak to someone else and he said no. Terrible customer service and honestly the question answered wasn't even helpful.

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 21, 2020

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing.

Unfortunately, ComplaintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

If you still need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help page and we're happy to help in any way we can.

JustAnswermembership

I asked one question and automatically became a member with a fee of £25, I think this is a underhanded and totally unproffesional way of enlisting members.
    I have cancelled my so called membership and requesting a full refund to be payed into my credit account

A Very Dissatisfied Ex member

On trying to submit my complaint another underhanded tactic! 350 WORDs, I want to complain not write a novel, get real.

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 15, 2020

Hello Margaret,

Unfortunately, CompalintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerbilled for six months after trying it once

I was checking my bank statement and discovered a have been being charged $34 per month for thre last six months after using the service one time! I ended up needing billed August of 2019 through, January 2020. I did not agree to the recurring payment and would like my money back!
      This is ridiculous. I need to contest these charges with my bank! Very shady.
      Sincerely,
      Chris Lawson

Hello Chris,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnsweryour site is a fraud rip off.

I ask a question in May of 2019 paid for the and answer cancelledthe trial membership, suddenly in Jan. 20 get another bill. Stay away from this site, it is a rip off. Guard your credit card and keep an eye on it. Even when you cancel they will keep charging you after awhile when you least exspect it. So take my advise and stay away from them. When you try to explain their their complaint dept. they send you to a forgien country for your answer and of course the person doesnt speak English so you get nowhere. My advise is to stay away or pay the price over and over again.

• Updated by catmandoo 54 · Jan 09, 2020

Alert, stay away from this site. It is nothing but a rip off. You cancel the trail membership and they will still sneak in a charge months later. When you complain they send you to a non English speaking person so all you do is get your time wasted. It is amazing that I cancelled didn't hear from them for 8 months then wham get a bill. I complain to the complaint dept. and they tell me that I never cancelled. If I never cancelled then why didn't I receive any membership information? Didn't even have an account set up but they sneak in and keep taking your money out. Stay away from these guys or pay the price.

JustAnswerunauthorized paypal billing

I was told that I was signing up for a 7 day trial. I did not see any way to cancel anything after the trial. On the same day I signed up I got my answer but got a jillion emails after that for 2 days until I finally replied and told them to stop. I requested cancellation of my account in that reply. Then I got a PayPal notice of a $60 charge for continuing service. I called Just Answer and was told that I automatically agreed to continue by using their service (even though all I used was the 7 day trial) and there was nothing I could do about it, my request by email to cancel wasn't acceptable, and I should have called them as instructed in the signup stage (which I never saw). In my opinion this is an unethical operation and I strongly suggest you stay away from them.

JustAnswerdishwasher repair

On December 30, 2019, after contacting Fisher Paykel, the manufacturer of my dishwasher, I was forwarded to Just answer. After contacting them, I was directed to the credit card enrollment and accept a $5.00 refundable charge. I agreed to pay the $5. After several minutes of chatting with an "expert", I decided that this person had no answer to my problem and signed off. I did not agree to pay the $37 "expert fee" yet it appears on my Barclay's credit card statement.

Regretfully, I didn't make a copy of the chat correspondence.

When I tried to contact them online, all I got was the log on site with a direction to give them my credit card before continuing. There was no way to contact them. I will contact Barclay Bank to challenge the unlawful charge.

I am requesting a refund of $37.

Hello Kathleen,

• Updated by Kathleen P Boyd · Jan 07, 2020

On December 30, I was directed to Just Answer from the manufacturer of the Fisher Paykal dishwasher problem. I accepted the $5 REFUNDABLE fee and chatted with an expert. After several minutes, I decided the expert had no idea of how to solve my problem. I refused the additional "expert fee" of $37 and signed off.

I am demanding a refund of $37 on my Barclay credit card.

JustAnswerpayments

To who it may concern, I had two payments taken from my bank account . One that has been refunded . As I have never spoken to a lawyer as i didnt need to in the end as things were resolved without help. I would be grateful if you could Please refund the out standing payment of £40 and cancel my direct debit that i never gave permission to be used in the first place.I am on a pension and cannot afford these payments .
              Margaret Blacow-Curwen.

Hello Margaret,

JustAnswer Customer Care

Just Answerno way to cancel service.

Agreed to pay $5 to have an email question problem answered. Intro advised to download app which I did. Cost was to be $5 for one answer with a option to continue on a monthly basis should you desire to keep the service on going.
                Was contacted by professional who helped resolve problem.
                Website said you could cancel anytime after an initial payment should you not want to be subscribed on an on going basis. I do not want to pay this organization on a continuing basis but they provide no method to cancel.
                Should this not be resolved an allow me to cancel I will advise my credit card company to dispute any future charges. More than willing to pay initial one time answer but that's it.

Larry Strain
                [protected]@yahoo.com

Hello Larry,

Unfortunately, CompalintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account using the contact information that you have provided.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerI can not cancel this service and did not agree to the direct debit that has been taken from my account

I signed up for a $5 fee for one question. I paid for that. Yesterday o received a further $40
                  Deduction from my account which was unauthorised. There is no way to contact JustAnswer and having googled how to cancel the app, the information provided is inaccurate.

I did not agree to the terms and condos irons and the legal contract online is not readable or customer orientated.

JustAnswerunfair charges - order id: [protected]-570

On Friday 27 December I went online looking for assistance with an outlook query. I selected Just Answers as a possible option and accepted the initial charge of R65 ($4.56). My question was not answered. I have just seen a charge of R599 ($41.99) come off my account.
                    I am beyond furious and feel completely ripped off. At no stage was it made clear that there would be an additional charge and the fact that the online assistant was not able to solve my query makes this even more unacceptable.
                    Please would you kindly reimburse me the R599 and make sure that no further charges are deducted from my account.
                    If this is not resolved by Monday 6 January I will instruct my bank to conduct a formal dispute and will take to social media with this appalling abuse.
                    Robin Mailer

JustAnswerProduct/Service not received

I asked an IT question yesterday and have not received an answer. I expected an answer within 24 hours but did not get one. I would like a refund for the amount specified in the attached PAYPAL payment receipt.

Product/Service not received

JustAnswermembership

Hello,

My membership has been cancelled for some time and I am still having money taken out of my bank account. I had $66 taken out last week and I believe the same again the previous month. I do not use this service and that is why I cancelled my membership. Is there a way I can be reimbursed for this? What can we do to make sure no further money comes out of my account?

membership

Hello Vanessa,

JustAnswerjustanswer — fraud

Charged a monthly subscription without authorization. JustAnswer is a huge scam to get your credit card info so they can start charging a monthly subscription. Just Answer DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL and you cannot remove your credit card number from their website, or modify your "membership" that you did not ask for. As of this writing, I am fighting with JustAnswer and AMEX to get my money back and stop being charged. TOTAL Credit Card FRAUD

TOTAL SCAMMERS!! Do NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CC NUMBER!

Hello Jason,

JustAnswerservice/billing

I called this company just once, thinking it was Apple sponsored, and they have been chareging me ever since. Yesterday, it was $34.00! They did not help me AT ALL and now continue to charge my debit card! I suppose I will have to change my debit card as I don't know how to reach them to stop this charging!

If they had been of help to me at all, I wouldn't worry so much! This is what we get for having an Apple product that doesn't work properly and being routed to this website for help with it.!

JustAnswertaking £40 x2

This is now my 3rd. Or 4 th.Email that I sent you and you have still taken out £40 on the 23 rd November and then another £40 on the 24 th.December I cancelled after I paid £5 trial fee So now take it for granted that it was cancelled.As I have already stated that I am an old age pensioner and that I can't afford to lose that amount of money as it is 3/4 of my pension ( on the £40 ) I have been in touch with my Bank and they are going to look into this matter Therefore I would appreciate it if you would please put the amount of ( £80 ) back in to my account.This has caused great stress to my husband and myself as he has heart surgery and he has angina I am also disabled.So when I found your company I thought it would be a good idea to get some answers from a solicitor..But needless to say I didn't get any information that helped Thank you Teresa .

Hello Teresa,

Just Answerunauthorized billing

I contacted your site on 26.12.19 to ask a question and now find money has been taken from my credit card without my knowledge . Please refund me as this was unauthorised.
                                I was unaware money was to be taken from me and cannot understand how you have my credit card details . Surely this is bad practice and unethical, I have never experienced this before .
                                Please help me here . Thank you .

Dec 27, 2019

JustAnswer — my account/trial

Please cancel and refund my £5 back to my account your service is rubbish and fraudulent!! With no option to...

JustAnswerhow they charged me after 1 week

December 15, 2019 Their service says 1 month for $1. They charged me $50 after 3 days and after I had cancelled the service. They then said the $50 was non-refundable. This is a rib off. How can anyone charge a person after they had already cancelled the service. I want a refund of my $50. They did not answer my question at all and had to get the answer somewhere else.

JustAnswerwrong spring

Hi I asked a question to a computer and thought it was a free service and i was debited $ 40 dollars to my account.
                                    I never got an answer so I want a refund

I will be going to the bank today to stop payment
                                    If i have inadvertently joined I want to cancel

This system seems to be a misunderstanding for the average person has it is quite misleading

Hello Daniel,