Having problems with MyHeritage?

MyHeritage Customer Service Contacts

1800 817 330 (Ireland)
1800 731 768 (Australia)
+1 800 987 9000 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 098 8125 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 995 069 (New Zealand)
+43 800 802 582 (Austria)
+32 80 026 102 (Belgium)
+45 80 820 132 (Denmark)
+31 800 240 0013 (Netherlands)
+27 800 980 785 (South Africa)
3 Ariel Sharon Street, 4th Floor
Or Yehuda
Israel - 60250

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MyHeritage Customer Service. Initial MyHeritage complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MyHeritage above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MyHeritage. Discuss the issues you have had with MyHeritage and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MyHeritage Complaints & Reviews

MyHeritagedidn't agree to this its unethical behaviour

You came in and took £113.99 out of my account which I never agreed to
and you never even let me know or gave a reminder that you were going
to take it off . I wish a refund back on to my card . By taking of that money
thanks to you some of my bills might not get paid. The money came out on the 26th of Feb even if you sign up for a trial you still need to give a reminder that your trial is coming to an end which obviously you didn't do or i would have gone in and cancelled.
Yours sincerely
Karen Cassidy

MyHeritageUnable to Reach Customer Service

Today is Thursday, February 4th, 2021. I have been trying unsuccessfully to reach My Heritage by phone since Monday, February 1st, 2021 regarding a duplicate My Heritage account that I no longer have access to as I am no longer a Cox Communications subscriber. I have waited on hold for upwards of an hour only to be disconnected as I was the next person in line to be spoken to. As I write this, I am on my 8th call to My Heritage and waiting for someone to answer so I can get this resolved. I've also left two voicemails and no one has bothered to return my call. In fact, I am having to go through sales to get this resolved since I don't have a paid My Heritage account. This is unacceptable for having an alleged 24/7 support center. This is the 21st century after all.

RESOLVED

I was finally able to get through to an agent after 8 calls and waiting on hold for an hour.

MyHeritageMissing 10,000 family tree members and pictures

After down loading my family tree data update my tree builder in my computer and lost pictures and data from my tree on the web. My web tree had about 60, 900 members and lost approx. 10, 000 members of my web tree. I reported the incident the 22nd of January 2021, incident number: "[protected], Lost tree information". Today is the 1st of February and still they have not gave me a answer. Sent them diferen. t follow up messages they do not answer me with a answer. What is happening??? I called them I was on hold, and they while waiting ask me if I wanted to leave my name and phone number and they will get back to me, because I was number 18 on line.
      That was the 29th of February and I'm still waiting for them to call me. Why they don't answer??? No help, no status, no answer!!!
      Edgar
      My name Edgar Saltares My Heritage ID [protected]

marmstrong14 Feb 04, 2021

I am having the same problems reaching MyHeritage. Two voicemails later, and they still haven't returned my calls.

Isabelle MyHeritage Team Feb 02, 2021

Dear Edgar,

We understand that technical issues can be uncomfortable and frustrating to encounter. I have looked into this matter for you and can see that your query was escalated to our technical support department for advanced assistance, and was also flagged for priority so we can help you with this as soon as possible.

Please be advised we are receiving a much higher volume of inquires than usual at present, so indeed, it can regrettably take some time. We are making every effort to assist all of our members during this busy time. As previously advised, please wait patiently and a technical support specialist will reach out to you in due time. We truly appreciate your understanding, and don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else.

Best regards,
          Isabelle MyHeritage Team

MyHeritagecharged me £56 and I do not know what I received for it.

I have never heard of a company that I cannot email for a complaint-this is definitely unethical. I have tried your old and new phone numbers ( all of them state that the numbers are unavailable.) I was a techy in my previous job and the combination of numbers I used were various access codes all with the same results. Your help guidance is very poor: if I could have had someone to speak to my problem would be resolved straight away.
        I find I have limited access without paying more money so I am requesting a full refund as the manual family tree that I have created gives me 90% of the information My Heritage gives me.
        Extremely poor system.

Isabelle MyHeritage Team Jan 27, 2021

Dear Graham,

I am sorry to hear you had trouble reaching phone support. Phone support is available and I would be happy to pass along your issue for investigation.

The support team can also be reached via email at [email protected], though I would like to personally assist you with a resolution. Please contact me at [email protected] with a link to your Complaints Board review. Please ensure to contact me via your relevant registered email address so I can assist you as soon as possible.

I look forward to your email.

MyHeritagemyheritage dna ethnicity estimates

I recently (Dec 2020) submitted 2 samples of dna to my heritage. 1 for me and 1 for my birth mother. The results confirmed a 49.7% match between the two samples ie the two samples were of a mother and a son.
          However my mother's dna ethnicity was estimated to be 64% English. I was estimated to have 0% English. How can that be?
          Furthermore, My heritage don't even allow me to contact them to discuss these dna estimates because I am not a "premium customer".

Peter UK.

My HeritageRenewal

My Heritage sent me an email saying I needed to update my credit card info or risk having my account closed. None of their links to update the credit card info work. I've left 3 messages on their voice mail to no avail. I want to keep my account, but this company seems to be really messed up from a customer service perspective. I just want someone to call me and take my updated info over the phone.

Eric Harris
            [protected]
            [protected]@gmail.com

Isabelle MyHeritage Team Jan 16, 2021

Hi Eric,

I am sorry to learn of the low star review and to hear you had trouble reaching support. Someone will of course reach out following receipt of your voicemails, though regrettably it may take a few days during this particularly busy period for us. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We do value the satisfaction of all of our members and I would like to investigate your case personally to ensure a swift resolution, please send me a message to [email protected] and I will be more than happy to help you. Please ensure to send the message from your registered email address so we can assist as soon as possible.

Isabelle

MyHeritageCharging after cancelled 14 day free trial

Account [protected]

I have had an account since August 2020, which expires in August 2021. I mistakenly took out the 14 day free trial on December 28th 2020, as I had thought my August registration had been for 3 months. Realising I already had a whole year subscription, l cancelled the 14 day free trial today, exactly 14 days after taking it out. However, I see that you have debited my Paypal account for £65.40 today, for a year's subscription, following the free trial. I do NOT need two lots of subscriptions. Please refund the £65.40 taken from me today.
              Joy Williamson

• Ba
                  Barry MyHeritage Team Jan 12, 2021

Hi Joy,

I am sorry to hear that you were charged for something that you did not want. Please be advised that MyHeritage informs all of any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in a subscription and after every renewal or purchase a DNA kit. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I would be more than happy to assist you personally with issuing you a full refund. In order to do so, I’m going to need to locate your account.

Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address at [email protected] so I may assist you with this as soon as possible.

Barry
                  MyHeritage Team.

MyHeritageUnable to contact to cancel and get refund!

How can a legitimate company be impossible to call? I have called and called the only number available: [protected]... What??? No one can contact this company? The internet is full of complaints about this scam!
                Cannot contact this company directly. Their phone number is no good!

I want a refund and a permanent cancellation! Please help!

Unable to contact to cancel and get refund!
                Unable to contact to cancel and get refund!

Isabelle MyHeritage Team Jan 11, 2021

Dear MyHeritage member,

I am sorry to hear you were charged for a product you didn't intend to purchase. I understand this must be frustrating. Your experience is very important to us and we value the satisfaction of all of our members.

This is why our terms and conditions read that if you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription. Phone support is in fact available at: https://www.myheritage.com/contact or via email at [email protected]

Alternatively, I would be happy to personally assist you with a full refund. Unfortunately I am unable to locate your account using the review, so please contact me through your registered email to [email protected] for further assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

MyHeritageMy Heritage

I started to look at My Heritage and there is a 14 day Free Trial I have been charged £56 before the end of the free trial and before I had the opportunity to cancel. There are no email details to contact My Heritage just phone numbers. I have cancelled the next subscription but request a full refund as I had no opportunity to cancel - Account ID: [protected]

MyHeritageCustomer help

Spent an hour and 34 minutes waiting to talk to someone this morning only to be cut off after explaining the problem.
                    Email arrived explaining they'd tried to call: no missed calls on my phone.
                    Suggested fix was not satisfactory.
                    account number [protected]
                    Programming fix needed: direct ancestors after 20 generations not classified

Jan 02, 2021

MyHeritage — No service for payment

MyHeritage collected my recurring payment ($209) for yearly membership on December 26th. I logged in January...

MyHeritage.comNo customer service by phone on published 1-800 number

Spent an hour dialling the published my heritage customer support phone number which advised me to check their new customer care contact phone no. By checking back on their website. This led to a circular rabbit hole - website, nothing, phone, nothing etc. Half an hour wasted...

Then tried instant messenger for "help"... The helper chris y6a is either a total jerk or a robot. I asked 3 times for the customer care new phone # & each time was directed by "chris" to a my heritage on-line form to sign up & pay for ongoing monthly tech support.,!!

I do not need this, I simply want to speak to a human being at customer support usa. On the never to be found customer care number.

Us this 21st century american customer service or what? After an hour of being driven mad I have totally given up. Susannah

Unbelievable, dreadful customer care...

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 30, 2020

You can find a full list of our contact numbers published here:

We value the satisfaction of all of our members and strive to offer a first-class service to our members. I would like to investigate your case personally, please send me a message from your registered email address to [email protected] and I will be more than happy to help you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shane, MyHeritage Team

• MyHeritage's response · Nov 22, 2020

You can find a full list of our contact numbers published here:

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely
                          Rafael
                          Myheritage

MyHeritageCharged for cancelled trial

I signed up for a 14 day free data trial on september 12th 2020. I immediately tried accessing the new features but found they were useless to me so I immediately cancelled the trial to avoid being charged.

I've now found a charge for 107 eur on my card on september 26th. I've contacted through the website but have not received a response. I need a refund immediately.

This has affected my monthly mortgage payment

Charged for cancelled trial

I

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 28, 2020

Dear Kenneth,

I am sorry to find your negative review.

I have located your account and can see that the cancellation was not processed successfully.

Nevertheless, I have issued a full refund for your subscription and you should expect to see the amount appear in your bank account within 72 hours.

If you have any questions, please email me via kayleigh.vipsupport "@" myheritage.com (no space before or after the "@" symbol).

MyHeritage Team

MyHeritageUnwanted service that was cancelled

Your company took $93.98 out of my account for services I cancelled on same day I took the trial membership from you all, I cancelled it that same day to avoid being charged but you took my money anyway. My name John Aldridge ph# [protected] things are hard enough with the pandemic without having a hundred dollars taken from my account transaction on 9/24/2020 location [protected], ut [protected] I hope you put it back into my account as quickly as you took it out and mark it for no more withdraws from my account. Thank you

• Updated by John Aldridge · Sep 25, 2020

I think it's just a scam these companies like this one goes and charges people's accounts and then drags their feet to reimburse people and are collecting interest on the money til they do reimburse them ought to be a law against that

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 28, 2020

Dear John,

I am sorry to find your negative review.

I have located your account and can see that your cancellation request was not processed successfully. This may be due to a technical issue, a fault with the internet connection or exiting the page prior to the cancellation being confirmed.

Nevertheless, I have issued a full refund for your subscription and you should expect to see the amount appear in your bank account within the next couple of business days. Please note, in some cases it might take up to 7-10 business days, depending on how fast your bank processes the transaction.

If you have any questions, please email me via [email protected]

• Ba
                              Barry MyHeritage Team Sep 25, 2020

Dear John,

I am sorry to read your review and would like to resolve the issue for you.

Firstly, I must clarify that MyHeritage informs all of any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in a subscription and after every renewal or purchase a DNA kit. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that if you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

My HeritageSite

I purchased My Heritage Complete package yesterday evening. I am extremely disappointed with the results. I am trying to contact them to cancel my subscription and I am unable to get through on the phone. Customer Service state the number has changed and new number is on their site. I am using the number from their site [protected]. (Ireland).

I tried to call another department and was asked to leave a recording with a phone number followed by ???? I have no idea what she said.

I have checked for an email address and nothing is listed for them.

I contacted My Heritage
                              via Facebook. I messaged them and my issue was resolved Immediately. They have cancelled my subscription and refunded my money.

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 24, 2020

Dear Celine,

I have located your account and can see that you were in touch with my colleague who has since processed a refund.

MyHeritagedna activation kit code number mhd8232u

I returned my dna kit reference as above in june this year, my husbands kit was sent back to you at the same time, he has has several notifications of dna matches since then some of which have been close matches and very helpfull with his family history.

Unfortunately I have had no matches at all, i'm sure that this can't be correct. Mght it be something to do with us both having the same email address? Would you please look into this and advise.

Thankyou

Regards susan pope,
                              Emal address - [protected]@manx.net

• MyHeritage's response · Sep 02, 2020

Dear Susan,

I have located your account and can see that you have over 6000 DNA Matches.

You can change the person whose results you are viewing from your husband to yourself by clicking on “Select another person” and selecting yourself from the drop-down menu.

If you are still unable to view your DNA Matches, please send me screenshots and more information via [email protected]

Aug 21, 2020

MyHeritage — Subscription

Signed up for a 14-day free trial on Aug 7th, 2020, and canceled it the next day or the same day. I never...

Aug 20, 2020

MyHeritage — Billing

I have been a customer since 2016 and pay for 2 separate services. I found out this year that these 2...

MyHeritageOn my account products i didnt use

I didnt order from this company and they charge my account cant find no answer or talk to anyone they keep tell to sign in or log in to my when i use my email address they they doesn't have account with but they charge my bank under blbmyheritageltd.then when sign in cant get to page because my email address not in there computer i dont use but one email address

• MyHeritage's response · Aug 10, 2020

Dear Sheryl,

I am sorry to hear that you were unaware of this charge.

I have located your account and can confirm that you signed up for a 14 day free trial of our Data Subscription on July 24th, 2020. When signing up for a trial, customers receive an email to confirm that they will be charged automatically once the trial period ends. However, in your case an invalid email address was used when signing up which meant that we were unable to send you this email.

Nevertheless, I understand that you did not wish to continue with this trial and have processed a full refund. The funds should be in your account within 10 business days.

If you have any questions, please email me via [email protected]

MyHeritageCharges

Dear Sir or madam

I am writing to complain about the fact that since recieving my DNA back, I have now been charged £112.80 on 23/7/20 by BLS My Heritage Limited but have no idea why as I have not downloaded any certificates etc.

My partner sent off for his DNA too but this was a serperate payment of £58.00 taken from our account on 19th July.

Please advise what this charge is for as I can't find any information.

Best wishes

June Bonell

• MyHeritage's response · Jul 24, 2020

Dear June,

I am sorry to hear that you received an unwanted charge.

I have located your account and can confirm that when you purchased the DNA kit you started the one month Free Trial on our Complete Plan on July 21st, 2020. We sent a confirmation email with all details to your registered email address at MyHeritage. And as you did not cancel the Free Trial before the expiry date, you were charged.

If you wish to receive a refund for this order, please email me via [email protected]