Having problems with MyHeritage?

1800 817 330 (Ireland)
1800 731 768 (Australia)
+1 800 987 9000 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 098 8125 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 995 069 (New Zealand)
+43 800 802 582 (Austria)
+32 80 026 102 (Belgium)
+45 80 820 132 (Denmark)
+31 800 240 0013 (Netherlands)
+27 800 980 785 (South Africa)
3 Ariel Sharon Street, 4th Floor
Or Yehuda
Israel - 60250

Complaints & Reviews

Charged for service despite requesting cancellation

I signed up for a free trial and attempted to cancel the trial the day that I signed up, but I am assuming the cancellation did not go through. I was charge $159.00 for a service that I did not even use. I have tried reaching out via a few numbers posted under their "Contact Us Section", but have had no luck thus far. I, like many others, was laid off thanks to the current pandemic and this isn't exactly small chunck of change. This took the funds that I needed to purchase groceries for my children. I am begging anyone to help me out as I simply do not know what to do. This has been a frustrating experince and this is directly affecting my children. I am desperate for any help as I have not actually used the service and the trial should have been deleted!

• MyHeritage's response · Jun 19, 2020

Dear April,

I would be happy to look into this for you.

Please send me an email via [email protected]

Unauthorized recurring charges

This company created unauthorized reoccurring charges that were very difficult to remove. I signed up for a trial and decided to keep the site for 149.50 annual charge ( steep). Not sure I would entrust my DNA to this type of business practice. I would not. Do not. Who know where it will end up. If they do this to your account, what can they do with your DNA?

Cancel your card. I am out 838.00 just for a hobby. Hopefully it is returned within a week. The bank said it was connected to a phone number, [protected], and the bank card VISA operator said they couldn't assist and disconnected me.

Sadly, this company was recommended to my by a man working in the Museum of Natural History in Washington DC while I was visiting with my children and were in the Pandemic Educational section. Ill let him know my experience when I return.

• Ba
    Barry MyHeritage Team Jun 13, 2020

I am sorry to read your review and would like to resolve the issue for you.

Firstly, I must clarify that MyHeritage informs all of any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in a subscription and after every renewal or purchase a DNA kit. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

I would be more than happy to assist you personally with issuing you a full refund. In order to do so, I’m going to need to locate your account.

Please send me a message from your registered e-mail address at [email protected] so I may assist you with this as soon as possible.

Barry

Dreadful communications

I entered a trial period from this company. When I tried to cancel it the site refused to recognise me and I was left trawling around trying to find a telephone number. This seemed impossible. I eventually was allowed to cancel, but now I find that the site has withdrawn over £90 from my account. If you are going to set up such a site you must make sure that the cancellation process is clear and in working order. You make the situation bad for other sites which are working honestly and well.

• MyHeritage's response · Jun 06, 2020

Dear Amy,

I am sorry to learn of the trouble you had canceling your free trial.

I would be happy to process a full refund. In order to do so, please email me via [email protected]

MyHeritage Team

Automatic subscription without my consent

I got this message"

Dear Carolyn Y, ‎

This is just a brief update that your Premium subscription for family site has been successfully extended for one additional year.

You were charged $64.50 + $3.87 tax. The next charge will take place on June 3 2021 for another year.

You can manage your subscription at any time using the My Purchases page.

• MyHeritage's response · Jun 05, 2020

Dear Carolyn,

I am sorry to hear that you were not aware of the automatic renewal of your subscription. Please know that it was specified in the automatic email you received on the initial date of purchase. This automatic renewal can be canceled at any time from your account online or by contacting us.

I would be happy to assist with a refund, please email me via kayleigh.vipsupport "@" myheritage.com (no space before/after the "@" symbol).

MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] Unauthorised payment to a subscription which I could not cancel

I never received an email confirming my free trial and now I see that you have now taken money out of my account. On further investigation I found my email address was altered (a mistake I wouldn't have made I have been using the same email address over 10 years) I tired to create an account on the 6th may for a 30 day free trial, it has been 16 days and you have charged my. I don't know if I am more angry or upset. It is my sons birthday in a couple of weeks and if its not bad enough to have a birthday in lock down the money you have taken was to go towards making a child's birthday as special as possible. Please can you help to look into this as quickly as possible and refund the monies taken straight away.

No emails seems to be responded to.
Also the number is saying not available

Thank you.

• MyHeritage's response · May 23, 2020

Dear Rachel,

I am sorry to read your review and would like to resolve the issue for you.

Your member experience is very important to us and we really do value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

Shane, MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] Unauthorised payment which I cancelled the same day as signing up!

account ID: [protected]

I could not access any of the pages - nothing worked properly for me so I cancelled within an hour of signing up once I realised it was not working for me. I see that you have now taken money out of my account. Please can you help to look into this as quickly as possible and refund the monies taken straight away.

No emails seems to be responded to.

Thank you.

• MyHeritage's response · May 11, 2020

Dear Margaret,

I would be happy to investigate this matter further.

Please send me an email via kayleigh.vipsupport "@" myheritage.com (no space before and after the "@" symbol).

[Resolved] Unable to cancel 2 free trials online and now have been charged

I have been trying to cancel 2 free subscriptions for about a week, that I don't want but this as been unsuccessful. I only wanted the dna kit- not anything else as they were gifts. It looks like the money as been taken out of my account for a service I don't want.
I cannot afford this and need the money refunded as soon as possible as I am not working at present as my job as been lost due to the Carona Virus Pandemic. Please help

• MyHeritage's response · Apr 11, 2020

Dear MyHeritage member,

[Resolved] Shocking Unauthorized Bank Deduction During Covid-19 Pandemic

Shockingly, MyHeritage took unauthorized funds needed for my rent, food and medication on March 25th, 2020 during the covid-19 pandemic while I'm sick and isolating at home and have no income. This is appalling behavior. When I contacted them immediately today on March 26th after seeing this unauthorized withdrawal from my bank account, considering I did not knowingly sign up for any type of renewals, they told me they would have someone call me back in 3 business days. This is totally inappropriate and completely mercenary. The money should be refunded immediately with no questions asked, considering this is literally a time of life and death. I have no other funds in my account to pay my rent, but apparently MyHeritage doesn't care if people can't keep a roof over their head or buy medicine and food in the middle of a global pandemic. I want this money returned immediately.

• MyHeritage's response · Mar 26, 2020

Dear MyHeritage Member,

I am sorry to learn that you were unaware of this charge.

I must clarify that MyHeritage informs all any charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and after every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

I would be happy to process a refund immediately. In order to do so, I need to locate your account. Please send me an email via kayleigh.vipsupport "@" myheritage.com (no space before or after the "@" symbol).

[Resolved] Unauthorized credit card charges

March 23, 2020 at 11:01 Moscow time, 20, 261.50 RUB were debited from my bank card unauthorized. I did not...

[Resolved] plan

Today I have just checked my bank account. £113 has been taken from my account. I did not sign up for that, I would never agree to that.
I would like a refund please. You have left me short on cash now!!!
I had no warning no email. It is simply not right that you can just take that much money off someone. I would like to tall to someone about this.

• MyHeritage's response · Feb 03, 2020

Dear MyHeritage user,

I regret to learn you have an unwanted charge.

I'd be happy to investigate this further and assist you with a refund. In order to do so, I'd need to locate your account.

Please email me directly via your registered email address at "catarina.vipsupport @ myheritage.com" (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@")

I'm looking forward to your email.

Catarina, MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] beware! grabs money from your account without previous notification

Last evening, just received an invoice for 117.81 EUR (50% off, ha!) for a one year subscription to their website services and the money are already missing. I understood from the start that they have an aggressive marketing strategy, but this is shady!

They simply took money from my account after a one month trial version which started when I bought a (second) DNA kit - I completely forgot about it. But I did not receive any notification that the trial period will end soon, so I could have canceled it.

I did not use the services, nor do I have any use for them in the future. Just arrived home from a ski trip and saw this. The UK phone number they gave me is constantly busy.

I want a full refund, the cancellation of the subscription immediately, and I want the company to delete my bank details.

• MyHeritage's response · Jan 20, 2020

Dear Adrian,

I understand where you are coming from.

I was able to locate your account and I can see from my end that you started a 1 month free trial for the Complete subscription, but did not cancel it within the 1 month period. When signing up for the free trial you have received a confirmation email, that also included the information that you automatically will be charged after the trial period ends. A free trial can be canceled at any time from your account online or by contacting us.

Nevertheless, I understand that you did not want to continue the free trial and I have issued a full refund for your subscription as per your request. Please note in some cases it might take up to 7-10 business days for the amount to reflect back onto your account.

I've replied personally to the email you've sent to our support team. Please feel free to respond to my email for further questions or concerns you may have. You can also reach me via catarina.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@").

Catarina, MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] dna kit

I purchased a DNA Kit and within 20 minutes found out my dad (who I was purchasing this for his birthday) had one for christmas. I called on the number on the website and was on hold and was 4th in line. 20 minutes later still 4th inline so left message to be called back. No call!! now I have a note saying my kit is at my local post office for me to collect. I feel I tried to cancel in a reasonable amount of time and now have an expensive kit I no longer need! I am angry as I tried to contact Myheritage by phone and that is the only option there is...no email or chat!

• MyHeritage's response · Jan 16, 2020

Dear MyHeritage user,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with our lines.

I'd be happy to look into this further for you and to assist you with a refund as your satisfaction is of upmost importance to us.

We absolutely value your membership with us and hope that you will allow us to make up for this disappointing experience you have reported.

In order to do so, I'd need to locate your account. Please email me directly anytime at "catarina.vipsupport @ myheritage.com" (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@")

I'm looking forward to your email.

Sincerely
    Catarina
    MyHeritage

[Resolved] renewal notice for myheritage

My name is Maher Barakat Kysoun . i received an email about myheritage and a payment. I ignored the email and have now found that my credit card has been debited 191, 04 USD‬. I have not used this product and do not wish to use it.
There is no reference or customer number and the emailed states a renewal notice. I am requesting a full refund. thank you
copy of email pasted below.

Dear Maher,
This is just a brief update that we've successfully received your payment. We've extended your Data subscription for one year. You were charged US $191.04.

You have continued access to all historical records in SuperSearch, and all Record Matches. We thank you for supporting us and wish you success and pleasure in using MyHeritage to research your family history. The next charge will occur on January 21 2020.
All the best,
MyHeritage team

Maher Barakat Kysoun
myheritage Account number [protected]

• MyHeritage's response · Jan 15, 2020

Dear Maher,

• Updated by Maher Barakat · Jan 15, 2020

Shane,

Thank you for your quick reply. Please note that I can't found your email in the text above, please submit again.
    my email used for myheritage :
    maher (dot) baraket @ Gmail.Com

Waiting for your reply or your direct email.

Best Regards
    Maher

• Updated by Maher Barakat · Jan 15, 2020

Shane,

I sent you my email as requested above, please proceed for the complete refund, Thank you in advance

Best Regards
    Maher

• Updated by Maher Barakat · Jan 18, 2020

Hi Shane,

I would like to confirm that I have received your full refund, Thank you for your quick action and reply.

Best Regards, Maher

[Resolved] automatic charging at end of free trial

I signed up to the My heritage DNA test in December as part of which you give a month free trial of the My...

[Resolved] myheritage.com annual subcription

Hello,

I got notified that a payment was made from my bank account for annual subscription, but I'm not going to use those benefits, just wanted to take a dna test. Maybe I can get a refund? Coudn't find any email adress, where can I can I send you all information, so I am writing here with hopes, that somebody could help me. I add a payment screeshot and invoice that was send to me. If you need anything more contact me via email justina.[protected]@gmail.com or [protected]@gmail.com (myheritage.com account email)

Regards,
Justina

myheritage.com annual subcription
myheritage.com annual subcription

• MyHeritage's response · Jan 13, 2020

Dear Justina,

Firstly I must clarify that you can contact customer support via phone or email (support @ myheritage.com).

In regards to your query, when you purchased the DNA kit you started the one month Free Trial on our Complete Plan on December 14th, 2019. We sent a confirmation email with all details to your registered email address at MyHeritage. And as you did not cancel the Free Trial before the expiry date, you were charged.

But we are a refund friendly company and the refund has been issued. An additional email will be sent to your registered email address with the credit note attached.

If you have any further questions, please email me directly via kayleigh.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (there should be no spaces between the @ symbol).

MyHeritage Team.

[Resolved] customer service phone line

MyHeritage.com clearly state on their family tree website that the phone line for Customer Service in Ireland is open 24/7. I tried to phone them today and I got a recorded message saying that 'in honour of the holiday we are closed. We will re-open again after the holiday." Today is 8 January 2020. Today is not a holiday in Ireland, it is a normal working day. They should not publicise a feature like 24 hour answering if they are not prepared to implement it. The voicemail did not specify when this imaginary 'holiday' would be over.

• MyHeritage's response · Jan 08, 2020

Dear Bernadette,

I am sorry to read your low-star review.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing technical issues regarding our phone line which is currently being looked in to. This will be solved soon.

I would be happy to assist you personally. Please email me directly via kayleigh.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (without spaces before and after the symbol '@').

MyHeritage Team.

[Resolved] numărul facturii: #[protected] data facturii: 29 dec 2019

Informații pentru facturare Ana ISAC Cal. Giulesti 48, Bl. 4, Sc. A, Ap. 1 Bucuresti 060281 Romania Adresa...

[Resolved] dna kits

I order two kits for DNA and did not received them. I have tried with no success to reach customer service, but it is not the phone.
Please send kits asap or a refund if you can not. Courier does not have info about this number GM [protected] and order [protected]

I strongly urge you to contact me immediately. You were very attentive when trying to get me as a customer, now I demand the service I paid for.

Juan Sánchez Azcona 1531

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Jan 06, 2020

Dear Rosa,

I am sorry to learn about your experience, and I'd like to follow up on it.

Please email me your account details (account ID number or registered email address) via elena.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (without spaces before and after the symbol '@'). I will be happy to assist you further.

Elena, MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] my heritage

13 november 2019
client number [protected]
I received payment for the service i didn't want.
I tried to ask for a full refund via Customer Support - but there is no service in polish langauage - so ia m not sure that I've done it right.
It's copy of the payment from my bank account:
BLS*MYHERITAGE_LTD Na kwotę -121.77 EUR
-521, 88 PLN

Odbiorca
BLS*MYHERITAGE_LTD
[protected]
Nadawca
ROR Radka i Iwony
(bank account number) (ALIOR Centrala)
Numer karty
5575 06** **** 4027

• Updated by Elena MyHeritage Team · Nov 16, 2019

Dear MyHeritage user,

I'd like to personally follow up on it.

Please email me your account details (account ID number or registered email address) via elena.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (without space before and after the '@' symbol).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Elena, MyHeritage Team

[Resolved] dna testing.

Bought kit. Received and tried to register. Said not valid. Lost my money. Do not buy from them. Try CRIgenetic. Sound research. I was very disappointed that they did not try to resolve the issue. I know certain celebrities have endorsed this product, but the reality is there are many complaints against My Heritage. I wish I had done more research before selecting this company. Do your research. Sometimes, the leaser known give you better results. Also be aware, if you are a woman, that your brother's DNA will give your paternal heritage, not yours. Yours only gives your maternal heritage.

• MyHeritage's response · Nov 14, 2019

Dear Karen,

I am sorry to read your comment.

Firstly, I must clarify that your statement regarding a woman not receiving paternal results is incorrect. The MyHeritage DNA kit is an autosomal DNA test for genetic genealogy.

Humans have 46 chromosomes. The MyHeritage DNA test looks at the first 44 'autosomal' chromosomes (that aren't the X or Y chromosomes determining your gender), identifying linked DNA segments. It analyses the DNA inherited from your mother and father, four grandparents, eight great-grandparents, and so on - to provide a breakdown of your ethnic percentages going back hundreds to thousands of years and to connect you with relatives descended from any of your ancestral lines of approximately the last 6 generations. The results are not limited to just the direct maternal or paternal lines.

I would be happy to assist you with your query. Please email me directly anytime at kayleigh.vipsupport @ myheritage.com (the email address should be without spaces before and after the AT "@") so I may assist you with this as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Kayleigh MyHeritage Team.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices