Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Just Answerjust answer

I agreed to a £5.00 refundable one week trial. The money has been taken from my account within three days. I cancelled my subscription within fifteen minutes when in answer to my question the reply referred to a question asked nine months ago. This American set up is clearly a dishonest, rather nasty form of scam. Even this complaints system is telling me that my complaint is too short and is unlikely to be answered! Whatever happened to brevity as a desirable element of communication. I rest my case. I say again, "I rest my case!"

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount is processed after 7 days. If there was some error in the timing of the processing or if you cancelled and were still charged, we are happy to look into this.

Unfortunately, CompalintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

If you still need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help page and we're happy to help in any way we can.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerwebsite set up to make it difficult to cancel on own, so they can keep your $

I entered my CC info for a question to be answered during my trial period. But when it came time to cancel my trial and avoid being charged, the system kept telling me that my password was wrong, and when I tried to change it, the temp password did not work. So I was unable to access my account, and unable to close the account in time to the avoid the $29 fee, which JustAnswer says is forfeit and will not be returned.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Feb 02, 2020

JustAnswer — monthly membership fee?

READ RIPOFF RIPOFF SCAM SCAM!!! Do Not USE SERVICE. LOSE $45!!! When using this service it clearly state...

JustAnswerjustanswer

Debit, -dated 12/10/2019 9n the amount of $50. from my (Roland Bouchard) Bank Account : 2704 POS Debit 221001 *membe800-240-13 71 Ca

I was informed that the Error would be Corrected by You & a remittance would be credited to my Account.

As of this date... my Bank Account has Not received the $50. amount.

******************************************

Hello Roland,

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerjust answer ask an expert a question

I went to the website of this company and paid $5 for a "free" trial and received an answer to my question which was less than satisfactory. Since then I have had $66 taken from my credit card. I did not authorize this transaction and I can't speak to anyone to get an answer as to why this has happened. It is a very unsatisfactory situation and it seems that the only option I have is to cancel my card and try to get the transaction reversed by my bank. NOT HAPPY!

• Updated by Nola Gullidge · Jan 31, 2020

Thank you for responding to my complaint, however the fact remains that I did not sign up for membership and never received an email receipt as you suggested. I think you should have a serious look at how you conduct business as it gives your company a very bad name. I have also noticed that there are a lot of other dissatisfied people to whom you have done the same thing. I certainly will not recommend your company to anyone and in fact have posted details to my facebook account

Hello,

Unfortunately, ComplaintsBoard does not supply us with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account.

JustAnswerjustanswer dog vet

I spoke to this service in January and my account was debited £5.00, the fee specified, fine but now I notice a further £25 has been taken out of my account on the 20th Jan. I did not wish to become a member and made no agreement with them. This is wrong, please resolve ASAP. I wasn't that impressed with the information received. I had hoped for information that I hadn't considered myself. A few texts went back and forth then they suggested for more money I could call and speak to someone, at that point I stopped the communication. I only did this because it was out of hours. I went to see my vet the following day. Disgusting they should have dinner be this. I want to be reimbursed
          Regards
          Jacky Jacoby

Hello Jacky,

JustAnswerunrequested charge for membership

I have noticed a charge on my Visa Card Online Bank Statement for $66 dated 25/1/2020 which I DID NOT request. Why was I automatically charged this amount when I initially requested information about a computer problem for which I paid a refundable $5 and which was unresolved. I did not apply for a subscription to Just Answer and this amount was not authorised. Please explain, close my automated account and refund the $66 ASAP. Very bad customer service.

Thanks,
            Julie Martens

Hello Julie,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charges - answer to query did not resolve the issue client number [protected]-6.

Kindly refund both these amounts as the response was inaccurate and I did not give Just Answer permission to debit my credit card for a further R365.

Client number ; [protected]-6

DSTV uses Showmax as an add on service to their Premium members . A message kept coming up on my screen which i needed to get rid of. I had moved home .As I was already a premium member It had nothing to do with what type of membership i had . It had to do with the settings for showmax - (Had to speak to a showmax consultant who then gave me an OTP to use to rectify the settings on my DSTV system - I then had to use this to be guided through the set up by DSTV - this cleared my system).

All my credit card info can be found on my client number - Do not ask me to complete any extra credit card info...I await a speedy REFUND . Rgds Heidi vd Walt [protected] RSA

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 27, 2020

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for contacting us about this. It appears that you were trying to contact Showmax. You will need to contact them directly for assistance.

If you meant to contact JustAnswer, please let me know how I can further assist you.

JustAnswerjustanswer has illegally deducted money from my visa debit card

I contacted Just Answer on 12 November 2019 for Professional Help regarding my Autistic Nephew.
                I paid GBP 5.31on 12/ 11/ 2019
                On 22/11/2019 you deducted GBP 39.67
                On 23/12/2019 you deducted GBP 39.67
                On 22/01/2020 you deducted GBP 39.67

Total Deducted = GBP 119.01
                I DID NOT AUTHORISE THESE PAYMENTS WHICH YOU HAVE ILLEGALLY DEDUCTED FROM MY VISA DEBIT CARD.
                Please reimburse the amount immediately to

Rosemary Middleton [protected]

I tried to phone your UK Number but surprise, SURPRISE. NO REPLY.
                PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO THIS EMAIL.

my email address: [protected]@yahoo.com

JustAnswerunauthorised transactions billed

I logged onto the Justanswer website, paid the $4.63 AUD plus $0.13 AUD foreign fee on 6th January 2020, then received 5 unauthorised transactions of $0.10 charges. On top of that, I did not receive a resolution, I was told I had to pay for a social media expert.

Please refund the charges to my Mastercard. While I understand it is not much, it is the principal.

Som-Ling

JustAnswermembership

Good morning. I have just been charged $NZ76 on my Visa Card presumably for membership??.
                    The day in fact the minute I inadvertently joined while sorting out an Amazon problem and was charged $2 I contacted JustAnswer advising of my error and requesting cancellation plus the refund. I am a NZ pensioner and cannot afford this kind of thing. I again request cancellation and a refund of the fees charged. Thank you in anticipation.
                    Regards
                    Phil Martin

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charge

I was trying to get Epson customer support for help in setting up my new printer, and clicked on the JustAnswer trial offer by mistake, thinking it was connected to Epson. The trial offer was listed at $5.00 but found later that my credit card was billed for $39.00. I contacted their customer service and requested that the trial offer and membership be cancelled the same day (Jan. 24/2020). When I tried to contact customer service again, the staff person tried to have me contact a lawyer to resolve the problem. I asked if I would be billed for chatting with the lawyer, and the staff person avoided answering, so I disconnected the chat. I would like a refund of the $39.00 billed to my Visa as I did not authorize that amount, and assurance that Just Answer cannot access my credit card without my authorization.

Jan 24, 2020

Just Answer — unauthorized use of my credit card

Recently I looked for help regarding my Hewlett Packard printer, re: a wi-fi- connection. "Just Answer" wa...

JustAnswerlegal fees

Hi, my name is Paul, recently I was seeking professional help from yourselves but had decided not to go down this path with you, so I canceled my account after giving you details as requested which included my credit card for billing. My account statement has just shown a debit of $66.00 so I wish for a refund of this amount and to close this account that I simply do not have with you thanks [protected]@hotmail.com

Hello,

We can confirm that your most recent membership charge has been refunded and that your recurring billing has been cancelled.

Jan 23, 2020

Justanswer experts advice — I cancelled on the 3rd day of my 5 day trial and they charged my husbands card anyways.

I had a question about some coins I have. S$o I just typed exactly that into my search engine (Google.com...

JustAnswerjustanswer taking out subscription

We only used your website once where you were very helpful but have since had two extra payments taken out of account for $49 over the last two months. We no longer require your services so would like this subscription withdrawal to stop. We have contacted our bank also to make sure that this amount is not taken out of our account in the future. We received no correspondence to say that this was a continual subscription once we had used your website. Please look into stopping this subscription now for us.
                          Thanks
                          Tony Parnell

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 23, 2020

Hello Tony,

JustAnswer.comunauthorized debit card withdrawals

i never signed up for membership and have had an answer on a car problem answered for 5 pounds and am now being billed monthly.WTF. canceled payments with my bank .but they still have taken £50 from my account. there seems to be no way of getting a reimbursement. this site is not safe to use as like quick sand it is very hard to get out of...there should be an authority to report this kind of thing too ...

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 23, 2020

Hello Cris,

Jan 20, 2020

JustAnswer — justanswer.com

I was told that I would need to submit my credit card to get a trial one answer for a question on resolving a...

JustAnswerinability to cancel subscription to just answer

On 9 January 2020 I paid £5 for a 'trail period' and advice about my mobile phone. I was given a useful answer and I then paid a 'tip' of £6 on 13 January.

Your website state that you will remind customers to cancel if they do not wish to take up membership of Just Answer after the trial period. I received no such reminder, and £30 was taken from my account on 20th January.

I then tried to cancel my membership today via your website but could find no means of accessing my account, and I was unwilling to pay a further £5 to enter into contact with an adviser. I have therefore told my bank to cancel the payments to you.

I believe my 'membership number' may be 0808-168-4692GB, as that is what appears on the deduction from my account.

In case any of this is unclear, I do not want membership of Just Answer. I hereby cancel any agreement I may have inadvertently made with you. I would be pleased to receive a refund of the £30 paid today.

Susan Cheshire

JustAnswerunauthorised credit card charges

Date of Incident
                                15 December, 2019
                                Client Number
                                [protected]
                                Description
                                I sent $2.00 for a trial question on 15 December, 2019. I submitted a question about restarting a Kindle e-book. I was very pleased with the advice I received.
                                18th December.
                                I was asked to send a tip for the expert. I sent $15.00 because I was very happy with the advice. Visa statement received 20 January 2020, shows $150.00 paid. I did not authorise this amount.
                                25 December.
                                Visa paid $70 for "Membership [protected]" I did not authorise this payment.
                                Resolution Wanted.
                                I would like the overpayment of $135.00 and $70.00 refunded please.

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 21, 2020

• Updated by V. M. McLeay · Jan 19, 2020

No update made yet.

• Updated by V. M. McLeay · Jan 19, 2020

No update to be made yet.