Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnswer1 question

This service is very misleading.
The web site strictly said $5.
See attached email. I was never told I would be charged $65. !!
I went back on web site and cannot see anywhere where it says, I wanted a membership.
This is just blatant stealing from people.
You are lawyers so I'm sure getting my money back would be futile. You probably had in fine print somewhere, the details!
I was not given the option of opting out of ‘membership!'
Where's my receipt for that $65. You took out? I only received the attached $5. Receipt!
You ppl are typical & should all be Politicians!
I will never use your service again and will warn as many ppl as I can that YOUR SITE IS A RIPOFF!
Have a nice day!
- A disgruntled user !!

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 03, 2020

Hello Pam,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any frustration about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing. The membership bills at the end of the 7-day trial in order to avoid an interruption in service.

JustAnswer Customer Care

Just AnswerThey are taking money out of my account and I want to cancel these con artists. This is a scam

I thought I was dealing with my telecom.
    Now I found out I subscribed to these monkeys where I cant cancel.
    They want me to pay more top cancel
    What circus is this.
    They have now taken two months superscription out of my account and I cant cancel.
    Does anyone know or can give me advice about this complete rip off

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 03, 2020

Hello Bill,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. It sounds like you might have navigated to our site by mistake and might be having trouble navigating the website as well.

There is no charge to contact our Customer Care team.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Center, and we're happy to help resolve any billing issues.

JustAnswerUnauthorized credit sharges

I used this service one day back in january, paid the $5 they asked for,
      Now I have found out that I have been charged $66 a month since, without letting me know by email or any other form of commuinication, I know I did not join a membership,,, so how do I get my money back that was taken without my concent

JustAnswerremove me from your service...NOW and do not continue to bill me!!!

I paid the $5.00 and do not, DID NOT need or want ANYTHING ELSE!!! STOP BILLING ME NOW AND STOP THIS SERVICE - PLEASE. I AM AN ELDERLY PERSON AND THIS COMES OUT OF MY MEAGER FOOD ALLOWANCE. I NOW ONLY HAVE $15.00 to buy my food for the next month.
        I asked one minor question and the man didn't even have an answer, just a suggestion. If you are so professional and have NOTHING to hide then send me information and details in the mail:
        Joni DeLoach 19254 Cypress Canyon Dr., Katy, Texas 77449. [protected]

This IS NOT OK, THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!

JustAnswerBait and switch

I went to gethuman.com to get a number to logitech to get knowledge as to why my remote failed functioning correctly. Instead of logitech, the site took directly to justanswer.com, while promising they would help me. The took a dollar trial (bait) and ended up saying they need to share screen with me and it would cost $39.99. Meanwhile I had not spoken to one human these happenings took place with their chatbot. There are several things wrong here: 1- gethuman.com is not shown to have any association to justanswers.com 2- logitech was the brand and item I was inquiring, never once was asked by chatbot. 3 - they took a dollar for only to take $39 more and provide no relevant information or human being.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. gethuman is a information aggregator that compiles contact information from thousands of companies. We do run Ads on gethuman, similar to dozens of other companies.

It sounds like you might have clicked on the Ad in the panel on the right as opposed to calling the phone number in the center of the page.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact US link on the Help Center and we're happy to help resolve any billing issues.

JustAnswerRecurring charge of $34.00 withdrawn from bank account

I had one question and it was answered. I did not sign up for a membership. Why was a charge of $34 withdrawn. I need that refunded to my account.

I can't submit unless I use 350 characters otherwise the complaint will not be noticed or go unanswered. How ridiculous is that. So here are additional words to fill the space
            [protected]@gmail.com

Hello Tish,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerWould you please cancel my membership.

When I paid an extra £35 on top of the original £5 asked I thought it was just so that I could speak to a doctor - in fact he could not come to the phone. I now see on my bank statement that another £35 has been taken out and I had no idea I was signing up for continued membership. Not at all pleased with all of this - not at all satisfactory. I certainly do not wish to continue with the membership. I have tried the cancellation process and do not agree to pay more to cancel

Elaine Hayward Price 9 June 2020

Hello Elaine,

Hello Tish,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that the phone call was not fulfilled.

JustAnswerService

I contacted JustAnswer to help me with a car repair question. I was charged and was contacted by a so called"expert". All I got from him was a lot of non pertinent info in the way of PDFs that had no bearing on my question. He never did answer any of my questions, but tried multiple time to get me to spend more money by upgrading. It was a total waste of time and money. In my opinion it is nothing more than a scam. AVOID, AVOID!!!

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that the Mechanic wasn't able to assist you.

JustAnswerUnauthorized billing

I contacted this site some time ago for a question about finding a part. Now I find my credit card has been billed $75 canadian for a service I neither want nor need. How do I get this cancelled and refunded?
                  I did not agree to this service and have received no notice of billing and do not know how to cancel. I am a pensioner and cannot afford to give away $75 a month for something I did not agrre to prchase
                  Roy Weber
                  [protected]@yahoo.com

Hello Roy,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site. It sounds like you might have signed up for a memberhsip.

JustAnswer.comUnauthorized credit card charge

On 4/18/20 I submitted a question to "justanswer.com" about the covid 19 extension for filing tax return this year and the representative gave me an answer and confirmed it with a copy of an irs notice. My credit card was billed $52.00. (visa reference number 2469216fx2xhn70k1) no problem until 4/26/20 when my credit card was billed another $50.00 for "membership" that was not authorized. (visa ref. No.2469216g52xtn3kbl)

The 4/26/20 debit for $50.00 on my card should be canceled or refunded. Thank you.

Hello,

JustAnswerFree membership

For $5 sign up for free membership for 30 days, I was promised that an expert, nicholas, would offer a solution to me on an internet connectivity problem within 15 minutes... Justanswer advertises that most questions are attended to in 6 minutes... After about 12 minutes, he offered to call me to make the solution easier for $26... I waited 32 minutes with no communication with expert at all and cancelled my membership (which I found on ‘my account' was going to cost me in 7 days a whopping $46 membership fee).
                      Despite my cancellation, my visa was charged $5 and $26. How do I get my credit card credited back?
                      Sincerely, andy anderson

Hello Andy,

It sounds like the charges are for the initial deposit and the phone call.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerDeceptive business practice to get people to sign up and then to keep charging them

I had used this service back in December, 2019 for a furnace issue. The website led me to believe that I would only be charged if I was satisfied with the answer. The problem turned out to be not at all with what the expert suggested.

Then I noticed the charges a couple of months after that. The website didn't have a way to cancel online or request a refund except to call in. I was not able to get through, so I sent them a message from their website.

Then I see that I am still getting charged. I went in to the site again, and this time, they do have a way to cancel online, which is good. But I like to get a refund, and I tried their chat option, and that went nowhere. I left another email via their webpage, but I doubt that's going to go anywhere either.

I see that this company has a lot of complaints on BBB, though it looks like they have bots to keep their rating above four stars.

Hello Andy,

In looking at your account it appears that you were able to get in touch with one of our Customer Care team members.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerOvercharged for service not reveal.

I was told that when I first contacted this service that a $1.00 service fee would charge for service but refundable.
                          Never did I see any such information as I gave you all my personal bank information. That it implied a membership fee. I did not recall of any such information being on or during give my bank information to this service. For if I would known of the policy I am told after calling this into question with the customer service. I would not have wanted any help, or I would known to call after the seven days that I am told now that occurred. Not at all happy of being charged $34.00 dollar for something out of my control. I paid for what I ask for and gave compliments of rating for that. Which is accepted, but not paying $ 34.00 dollar for something not confirmed via-phone message.

Hello Ossie,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site. It sounds like you might have signed up for a membership.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerNot being able to cancel membership!!

I have been trying for 1 hour to cancel a membership I did not sign on for I have no videos, papers etc., as you very well know11please just cancel with no more questions & refund the money you have taken from my account no time wasting just a straight cancellation!!! Thankyou this is just an excuse on your behalf so that you do not have to answer to my request

Hello Italo,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site or any difficulty that you've had in contacting us.

We will need some more information in order to locate your account. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Page and we can take a look at your account. You should be able to reach out to our Customer Care through Chat, Email, or by giving us a call.

JustAnswerCustomer service.

I have been for three (3) dealing with your organisation to attempt to connect to my old & active email account. [protected]@gmail.com I have met with nothing but obstruction & the service you have provided has be non existent. Google have been of no help either. I have been charged for this service with out it being authorize by me. You can check with your chat room as to the lengthy discussions I have had with them. I have continually asked to talk with some one on the telephone & this has been ignored. I have no mobile coverage as I live in a rural area & land line is my only form of communication. Australia 02 [protected]. Lets get back to basics here!!

Hello Roger,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any difficulty that you've had in contacting us.

We will need some more information in order to locate your account. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Page and we can take a look at your account. You should be able to reach out to our Customer Care team through Chat, Email, or by giving us a call.

JustAnswerMembership

I just saw in my bills in my credit card that inhave bills from this just answer membership od $40.00 every month from feb 17, march 17, and april 17.
                                I dont even know this thing, can you pls cancel this for me and i dont want to see it again in my bill? Im not the one who did this i dont know about this. pls stop this for me, $40 dollars is a huge amount for me.
                                I didnt authorized this and i didnt subscribes to this i dont even understand this just answer.
                                pls give back my money thank you.

Hello Noel,

JustAnswerGetting ripped off

I am being charged for a service I didnt ask for. I used your services last june and paid up front for my answer. Now I was reviewing my credit card statement and I found a withdraw for a membership fee. I called and try to explain the situation and I was told my membership was cancelled but that I could not get a refund for the membership fee. I have not used this service at all. The question I asked and got a answer to I paid for it up front. The lady I spoke with was named virgie and she called be back from this number [protected]. I asked her if I could speak to a supervisor and she told me none was available. Too bad. I never ask for or signed up for a membership. I feel like I am being taking advantaged of especially not being able to speak with a superviser.

Hello Mike,

JustAnswerSubscription

I was surprised to see that my credit card was being charged for a membership months after I used this service once for legal advice. I reached out to them for a refund, and they refused to grant it, basically saying I should have known that it was a subscription. Who in their right mind would pay for a subscription to ask a question to an expert once? Ridiculous and unethical.

Hello Derek,

Most site users retain the membership as a kind of insurance against everyday issues. We have Experts available to respond to Legal questions, Medical questions, Appliance questions, Automotive questions, and more. We are also open 24 hours a day, 7-days a week.

JustAnswerRequest for canon pixma 726 printing problem

The Chat t room was not able to solve the problem at all gave all wrong information about a different printer G series?? Earlier request has not been answered..? Please refund $A 66.00 charged on 20th April 2020. to my Visa Account I note I have 30 days in which to claim. Why should I have to 'phone USA? Most angry and dissatisfied. Just make the refund [protected]@bigpond.net.au. James Jackson

Hello James,

JustAnswerScam watch

I payed $1 for talking to an agent about my sports machine as they asked for, then an agent talked to me online. I asked a question, but then they asked for more money $46 for one to one call. I didn't pay for that because I only have one simple question, then the agent just disappear. But I got an email said I was their membership that I did't sign for, will be charged $46 monthly membership fee starting 05/04/2020.
                                        I can't cancel my membership online. I had to call them to cancel it also I can't rate them.

Hello Helen,

It sounds like you were able to reach out to our Customer Care team to have the membership cancelled. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us.