Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnswerCharged for 2 trial memberships

I originally paid the 5 on April 18, for trial membership and somehow they created another account on April 23 then turn around and charged 46.00 on the 24th. Very pissed off this is a joke. I called 2 or 3 times with no answers just arguments. They do not do very good business and will take your money. The account was canceled within the 7 day trial

Hello Delena,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. In looking into the matter it looks like you created 2 different accounts on the site tied to 2 different E-mail addresses.

We can also see that you were able to get in touch with our Customer Care team to have the account/billing issue resolved.

Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance.

JustAnswerA search engine website

I have never made an account. I noticed that I have been getting charged $60 every week. These people are scammers. Many people are getting scammed by them. I had a question about the covid pandemic and they charged me! i never even put in my CC information. This has to stop! I bc will sue them! I am really puzzled. These are con artists who have no clue what to do with their lives. A woman had a question about her son's cancer, a concerned daughter questioned her mother's Alzheimers, and a senior citizen wanted to know about how she could get help. This site targets people in desperate need for answers and sucks money out of them. Not monthly nor yearly, but WEEKLY! Please help!
    -Ms. Simms

A search engine website

Hello Kayla,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion.

People from all over the world use the site because we are available 24/7 and can connect customers with the trained professionals they are seeking advice from, without needing to leave their homes in these difficult times.

We can see that someone named Wanda in your household used the site to post a Legal question. We also see that it looks like the billing was cancelled on this account when you contacted our Customer Care team.

Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help.

JustAnswerUnauthorized debit card charges

14/04/2020 date of incident
      Just Answer

Used the Just Answer website 3 weeks ago for ZAR65
      Today ZAR599 was deducted from my debit card for a so called monthly payment. Not authorized and according to their rules you will be notified before such a debit is taken from your card anyway. No notification. Contacted the Just Answer website to discuss my complaint and they wanted me to pay ZAR65 to speak to their law department to discuss!
      Apparently I have the right to stop "at any time" but there could not find anywhere on their site to do so, and did not receive the notification email.
      Ref: just answer expert [protected]

contact email [protected]@gmail.com and mobile +[protected]
      Card and client name FW DE KLERK

Hello Willem,

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing. The membership bills at the end of the 7-day trial in order to avoid an interruption in service.

JustAnswerUnauthorized credit card charges

In checking my credit card transactions I note two charges for a trial use of Justanswer. When the inquiry I made was not addressed, I notified them of this and requested that my "trial" be cancelled. These charges are still posted to my credit card when I checked today (April 12th). I request that the $1.00 trail fee and the $39.00 remote IT charge be refunded to my Card

Hello Lambert,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any difficulty that you've had in contacting us.

We will need some more information in order to locate your account. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Page and we can take a look at your account. You should be able to reach out to our Customer Care team through Chat, Email, or by giving us a call.

JustAnswerUnauthorised credit card deductions

On the 6 April I requested info about my amazon account and was directed to just answer. Said that they would connect me with a technician but I had to pay a nominal fee after connecting via my credit card, which I did. I was connected with a technician and I explained the assistance required. He then suggested that I pay for him to call me on my phone as it would be easier and quicker to solve the problem via phone. I agreed and paid, but he never called me to this day. I subsequently resolved the issue on my own. On the 10 April I was notified by sms that true caller had deducted another ridiculous amount from my credit card, for what? I am not sure if amazon is aware of this, I am sure that if they knew of this, that things like this are associated to their company they would take very strong legal steps.
          I am requesting a refund as I received no assistance from "just answer"

Hello Mark,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry to hear that the Expert wasn't able to assist you. We always recommend that you try to resolve the issue through the original manufacturer, or website first as we do not have access to the billing records of other companies.

Just AnswerUnauthorized charge

IN trying to straighten out his pay-pal account my husband inadvertently clicked on the Just Answer page. He was charged several charges on his credit card for .10 and .50 amounting to $1.00 total. He didn't know he was being charged each time he clicked on your page. we can live with that. BUT, now he has been charged $46.00 as of April 7th. At least that is when it came up on our bank statement. We don't want a membership in Just Answer and we did not O.K. a charge to our bank card in the amount of $46.00 Please return $46.00 to our bank card and opt us out of any membership! Please contact us by phone: [protected] if you have any questions. Please!

Hello Marlene,

We will need some more information in order to locate your account. ComplaintsBoard blocked the phone number that you tried to send us here.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerI'm trying to cancel my membership to ja-expert.com

As I no longer require this membership. I have a local service in my city. I do not require several serices.
              In attempting to cancel one just gets the "Run around".
              I've been working on this for weeks.

Hello William,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any difficulty that you've had in contacting us about your account.

Apr 05, 2020

JustAnswer — Unauthorized credit card charges

0n [protected] I contacted ja-expert for assistance with aa Epson printer error code and had to pay $5.00 for a...

JustAnswerUnauthorized credit card charges

I have been contacting your [protected]@justanswer.com email address since September last year to cancel my membership yet you continue to charge me a monthly membership fee which in my opinion is fraud and a criminal offence. RE: [#CFW-[protected]]: Cancel Membership
                Please cancel my membership from Sept 2019 and refund all collections made from my card account.

JustAnswerSeeking refund for erroneous charge

Hi
                  I have just visited the website of your company in the last month for asking one question for that I have not got enough response from just answer..for that I have been charged USD 5 .
                  After two days of transaction I was charged 46 USD ...I have no idea why I have been charged

Today (April 03 2020) again they charged USD 46. I posses of really ...I never ever understood why you guys are charginh again again

I have mailed you twice but I have not received the response ...

Please refund my money immediately with out any further delay ...

My EMAIL ID [protected]@gmail.com
                  Regards
                  Yuvaraju

Hello Yuvaraju,

Unfortunately we do not have enough information to locate your account and ComplaintsBoard has blocked your E-mail address. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us page and we should be able to take a closer look at your account.

JustAnswerI was billed twice

HI Just Answer

I have just been billed for R599 ( ZAR )

I only used your service once and then completed the after service form. I did not register for continuous help.

Please reimburse my for the amount you just took off my credit card.

I amunemplyed and especially in a financial crisis that is global this is not acceptable to just autmoatically debit someones account. That was my food budget for the week!

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have enough information to locate your account. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us page and we should be able to take a closer look at your account to resolve any open concerns.

JustAnswerripped off

Within hours after I joined, I decided to cancel my membership. I never used their services. However, when I noticed a $66 charge on my visa card, I contacted them and received an email that stated they would cancel this charge "as a courtesy". It was never canceled. I've been getting the run-around trying to get someone to help me. Certainly feels like a scam. I just want the $66 refunded.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site. We would like to make sure that you were refunded.

JustAnswerJust Answer has billed my bank account $68 without my permission

On or about 2/20/20 I used the website JustAnswer to ask a question about my car. The wanted $1 to put me in touch with an expert. The expert wanted more money so I told him never mind and got off the chatline. Then my bank account was charged $34. I went to my bank and asked them to investigate. This morning my bank account was charged another $34. I called the bank and canceled my debit card so JustAnswer can not bill me in the future. I know now that I should not have given them my debit card number. I called JustAnswer customer service and got a young lady with an accent I could not understand as I am almost deaf. Canyou help me get a refund? Thank You! My e-mail is dfs730 @hotmail.com

JustAnswer$29 is being taken from my account after I cancelled this scam of a service that I never signed up for

Last night I realized you all were taking $30 out of my account for no reason I never signed up for any services from you all this is a complete scam I canceled this action via your website and now this month another $29 and some change is coming out of my account I want my money back I want it returned as soon as possible I'm contacting the better business bureau about this situation you guys are thieves I want my money back at once

JustAnswerUnauthorized charge

On March 5th I submitted a question regarding a legal question of which I consented to five dollars. Just a few days later, I saw a charge for $45.00. I contacted customer service and was told I was automatically signed up for a trial membership which was never disclosed nor did I sign anything or give my consent. I contacted the better business bureau and complained and am waiting to hear from the senior customer service manager for a full refund. This is a scam.

JustAnswer Customer Care

Just Answerunauthorized use of my credit card

Last May i had a question and gave my credit card number for $5.00 so that i could get the answer I needed. I never use this card so as I was doing my 2019 year end close out I seen that from last May 2019 Just Answer has been withdrawing $48.00 per month. I did not authorize, agree nor confirm any type of membership or monthly fee to these scam sucking bunch of thieves. Reading all of these reviews today about these no good unethical bottom feeders tells me im not the only one that has been used.

Since you will not answer the phone or return my emails here is my phone number so you can call me and let me know when you are going to refund my $480.00 that you illegally stolen from me.

Dan
                              [protected]

Hello Daniel,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerTechnical assistance with Optimum cable TV box failure.

I was referred to a JustAnswer chat box through the Optimum customer service system. I no longer have the link or the text of the chat. It took place during the week of February 10 or 17. I did not request a membership as this was a one time only transaction for a specific and limited problem. Today I discovered that my credit card was charged for a membership on March 2 or 3. That charge was not authorized, must be reversed immediately, and no further charges made. I do not want a membership.

Mar 06, 2020

JustAnswer — justanswer.com

Used this service was referred to by Google. My husband's phone froze up we're told by phone company it was a...

Mar 05, 2020

JustAnswer — Misleading offer - unwanted charges to my credit card

I am a legally blind octogenarian, but I enjoy using my computer with my limited residual vision. I wa...

Just AnswerUnauthorised deductions

In December 2019 I logged on to Just answer as i needed assistance to recover gmail account password . They asked for my card details for a R65 payment required for a trial period which I agreed to. To my surprise they deducted R599 on 02/01/2020 and on 28/01/202 they deducted without my CONSENT. I tried contacting them but my attempts were futile. This is a fraudulent act.

• Updated by Therealb2l · Mar 04, 2020

The services I have been charged for have not been rendered.