Menu
JustAnswer
reviews & complaints

JustAnswer
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1117 complaints
527 resolved 590 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by JustAnswer customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of JustAnswer. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
G
12:14 pm EDT

JustAnswer - question on a suv having problems with no response

9/18/2019

My husband is having problems with a 1999 Tahoe and he wanted to try the $1.00 free trail on your site, so asked the question and waited for 45 minutes to get a response, says he didn't get one, so he disconnected from the site. Now we have been charged $34.0 to our Debit card, we would lie a refund of $34.00 because we never agreed to accept the subscription. Please advise via email at: [protected]@peoplepc.com. We appreciate any help we may be able to receive to this matter. We do not have $34.00 to spend on something that we are not going to get help with when promised. My husband was not very happy when he received no answers to his questions and your site promises help with any questions asked, and then find our that we are charge $34.00 for nothing. Please refund our money back to our debit card, the one mu husband used. My husband used this site within the last couple of weeks, and the charge was put on his debit card 9/15/2019. Please refund our money.

Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm EDT

Please resolve the problem described above, I would like my $34.oo credit back to my debit card. I am not happy with the service that I received from your site, my questions were never answered.

N
10:50 pm EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer - I have no idea what i'm being charged for

Hello Accounts

I am finding amounts on my corporate credit card from your company "Just Answer" and I have not idea what I am being charge for.

27th July $5.15
1st August $57.44
8th August $67.98
8th September $67.98

I have not authorised any of these payments. I work for New South Wales Police Force and this is my corporate credit card.

VISA CARD
Card name : NSW Police Force
Last four digits: 9426
Expiry: 04/22

Can you please advise ASAP why this is happening.

Donna Heagney
Northern Beaches GAO

Northern Beaches Police Area Command
Cnr Fisher Road and St David Avenue, Dee Why 2099
E: [protected]@police.nsw.gov.au P: [protected] E: 52356

T
9:30 pm EDT

JustAnswer - legal question

NOT HAPPY - I asked a question, of which I received and answer. I informed them then that I did NOT require any further assistance. Was charged for the answer. I have since been charged 2 amounts of $66.00. My bank has been unable to find information. I want my funds returned. I have had to cancel my card. I would like a response and a refund. This is just unacceptable behaviour.

D
11:57 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer - fees paid out via my credit card for information which did not work

My son has a KODAK Easyshare photo printer which does not work . I asked your site to explain how we could make it work and paid via my wife's credit card and I thought that this was a one off payment. The answer did not work and I asked for the debit to be returned which has not been done and the credit card has now been charged a further £30.00 . Please stop this and return the payment to me. My name is Derek Harrington/Mrs Joy Harrington 2 Baytree Place, 12 Old Road, Frinton on Sea, Essex CO13 9DB and it was a Mastercard Credit Card.
YOUR Membership no is. [protected] G

C
8:25 am EDT

JustAnswer - answer service

I used this service just once and later was billed $46. It was Sunday, so I couldn't complain then. Called first thing Monday. They are cancelling my membership but say they won't refund. Beware. This is a typical scam where you use a service not realizing you will be charged for a subscription later. This is how many companies make their money these days, unfortunately because you happen to use their service online. This isn't over.

A
6:15 pm EDT

JustAnswer - cargos no autorizados de tarjeta de credito

Me dirijo a uds para solicitar cancelacion en forma urgente de mi supuesta membresia a JUSTANSWER la cual FUE REALIZADA SIN MI AUTORIZACION NI APROBACION y es descontada de mi tarjeta de credito reitero SIN MI AUTORIZACION.Espero respuesta inmediata porque me siento muy perjudicado por esta situacion totalmente ajena a mi voluntad .Firmado :Prosper Anibal Ibarburu.

4:16 pm EDT

JustAnswer - justanswer.com

I paid 5 dollars to submit a question about my Tahoe. The tech I received gave answers that didn't work and try to upcharge me to a phone call. I refused and accepted the fact that I wasted 5 dollars and my time. 7 days later Justanswer .com began billing my credit card 34 dollars a month. I called to get a refund and was told that they could only refund the latest charge but would cancel my subscription that I never knowingly authorized. They are a scam.

C
4:07 pm EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer - there has been several drafts drawn from my checking account that I did not authorize I want it to stop

I was having trouble with my HP Printer, it would not hook up with my laptop on bluetooth, the tech took control of my laptopi think he had control for a couple days, he tried everything to try and fix the problem, to no avail. I decided to hard wire it and it was at least working. I don't know why he did not suggest that Ido that. Anyway i have been billed every month since for actually nothing. I would like a refund for at least two months and please don't take anymore money from account. thank you. Charles m Laird

9:00 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer - online scam and deductions from my account

I have been scammed
My money was deducted unfairly.
I requested for a session, of which i paid for, i didn't request for a session afterwards.
But just today 9th Sept, 2019, an amount of USD46, my just paid internship allowance for September was deducted leaving me with NGN500.

Kindly help me look into this, am depressed. The reason i had a session in the first place wasn't resolved adequately by the doctor that attended to me, but i let it slide.

Instead my meagre stipend was still even deducted from my account without my knowledge. I want my money please help me

Update by Mary Oluwamuyiwa
Sep 10, 2019 8:13 am EDT

I had an infection on my left palm for more than 6 months, and i stumbled on Justanswers.com. I contacted them to request for a doctor. I was linked with a doctor, who recommended some topical medication, which I could only get on Amazon, and not in my country (Nigeria). I paid the doctor's service fee charge immediately, and Ii didn't request for a membership service or whatsoever.

But today 9th September 2019. I wanted to make a withdrawal, and I discovered an amount of USD46 has been deducted from my account...

After my initial session in which i paid, i tried reaching out to the customer care to request for my account detail to be removed from their database, but the efforts to reach them proves abortive. I intern in a small organization, and i just got my stipend for the month. I now lack funds to cater for my welfare going forward in the new month, and i am feeling so depressed already.

Kindly use your good office, to ensure i get refunded of this money to enable me cater for my welfare.

Update by Mary Oluwamuyiwa
Sep 09, 2019 8:39 am EDT

I had previously asked question which I paid for, but since then just answer deducted USD46 from my account, when I didn't even sign up for membership. This is ridiculous, Just answer is illegally taking my money when i didn't even request to be a member. I already paid for the service that was rendered to me, I need to get my refund.

H
8:33 pm EDT

JustAnswer - fraud for charge without service

On August 20, 2019 I was on ATT site to find out why my TV's WIFI was out of work. JUST ANSWER site popped up asking for $5.00 charge with a message below it, 'Guaranteed Refund'. I took it to mean that it is an ATT partner and I agreed to pay $5.00 since it would be refunded. JUST ANSWER failed to provide any answer.
The next thing I noticed was I have been charged another $46.00 on my next statement. I called JUST ANSWER for this unauthorized charge and asked for refund today, ie. Sept 8, 2019. They refused.
This company is a FRAUD and should be listed as such and stopped.
I want a REFUND OF all amounts I paid--total of $51.00.
If you want, I can send amount charged on my Credit Card.
--Harish Singhal

W
3:55 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer - money taken from visa

I asked a question on a subject and was transferred to Just Answer, the amount of $5.15 was debited to my Visa account with a transaction date of 7th August, then on 10th August $49.44 and $70.04 was deducted for Membership. I definitely have not joined Just Answer and wonder how these charges come about. I am not questioning the $5.15 as this was the original question but the others are definitely not agreed to by me. I would be very pleased if this money could be transferred back to my Visa account the number is [protected] in the name of Mrs Wendy F Gresham. I would like you to answer this complaint as the original question was just a simple one regarding my Mac computer. How does this questionable transactions happen?

Update by Wendy Gresham
Sep 08, 2019 3:57 am EDT

Unauthorised payments taken from Visa account

2:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer - I am complaining about having money deducted from my bank for a service I have not and will not use.

I have checked my bank today and find that your organisation has applied for £45 from my account. I briefly used the Just Answer site online which I paid £5 for. Your company was not what I needed, I have been in a live chat with my bank...Barclays and they have advised me to contact you to ask for a refund of the £45, if I was unable to sort it myself then they would handle a dispute on my behalf. I am a 72 year old, old age pensioner and can not afford this money especially as I was given no service by your organisation. I would be grateful if you would refund my money as soon as possible.

My details are as follows:
Mrs CP Miles
My Bank account details you have on your records as you have applied through it for the £45.

I would be grateful if you would refund the money ASAP.

Thanking you in anticipation.

1:59 pm EDT

JustAnswer - advice

I call the hotline on Saturday morning because my dog was having some discomfort first i spoke with the gentleman Dr. Scott and paid $5 then he said he need to talk to me so I paid and additional $28. I have not call or texted them for anything else. I wake this morning and my card has a declined charge for this place I didnt use this place anymore after last week. I will no longer use this service as I see this is obviously a scam company

D
9:47 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

JustAnswer - inefficient computer technical problem solution by justanswer

On September 1st I contacted JustAnswer for technical assistance due to a Windows 10 recovery problem that needed to be reinstalled. They asked for the price of AR $400 to ask the question, that escalated to AR $1.690 for them to act. I was given case number [protected]-23 and Alvaro Hervas Barran was the computer especialist assigned to resolve the problem- remote support.

He just guided me to load an ISO image to a pen drive to install the new copy of the operating system to the laptop. That's when the problem started.

He couldn't guide me through the instalation process itself.

All the options I was presented with were informed to him through email and supported by images sent to him to opt and proceed. Instead, he kept on saying that none of them was what he expected to see and evaded the way to proceed.

Under my questioning in front of all the options available, he wasn't happy and concluded saying that I had a hardware problem and he just provided remote assistance.

Nothing further from the truth, because that same evening I resolved the issue with the help of a friend. The new Windows 10 is fully working and functioning as expected as of September 4th, after re-uploading all archives and software I use on a daily basis. All of this, thanks to the windows.old folder that keeps a copy of the former operative system.

Simply, JustAnswer didn't perform.

On top of this, they sent me a membership fee of AR $1050 monthly to continue receiving "benefits"from them, on Sept 5th.

I already sent to JustAnswer the request to fully refund all charges and to stop any further charges to my credit card. Failing to do that will open all legal actions we deem necessary. In addition, we ought to inform in social networks about this experience, as an attmpt to prevent other people from all this.

In order to support this complain, please find the attached images to support this claim, including a copy of the Spanish message sent to them in this regard.

Looking forward to a prompt solution to this issue.

Kindly,
Daniel Moore

Update by dmoore53
Sep 07, 2019 1:02 pm EDT

You may have a need for them. That's good if it suits you. I don't and won't use them again.

3:49 am EDT
JustAnswer has left an official reply on this complaint.

JustAnswer - one question & monthly charge!

I asked ‘one question' & get charged a monthly fee for nothing! I do not even have a login. The answer was not even helpful either.
Maybe you should only have this website for the USA
Am very angry & want a refund. Have been away ‘bush' with no internet so only just noticed on my statement when I returned.
Do'nt mind charge for one question but not keep charging😖
Please refund the monthly charges, or I will be seeing a lawyer here & will let people know on FB about this ‘Scam/con'

7:16 am EDT

JustAnswer - membership

Dears,

On 09-08-2019, I asked for help ina trouble shoot related to Gmail, your website offered this help for EUR 1, I agreed and paid for this then I suddenly noticed that your charged me EUR 44 membership fee while I did not asked or requested membership.
This is unacceptable and hurting your website credibility.

Your urgent feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shaimaa
E-mail address: shaimaa. [protected]@gmail.com

3:14 am EDT

JustAnswer - taking funds from my account when I didn't even sign up

I had previously asked question which I paid for but since then just answer has been taking money from my account every month when I didn't even sign up for membership.I will be going into my bank and making a formal complaint against this company because I believe just answer is illegally taking money when a person hasn't even asked to be a member.

J
10:39 am EDT

JustAnswer - cancelled my account and still got charged

I cancelled right after the trial period on or about Aug 24 within the trial period because I was not satisfied with your service because my question was not answered. I was still charged 40$ from my acct. I don't know why you are charging my acct. I would appreciate this charge be taken off my acct.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Lee Anderson

Update by jaxbeauty
Sep 03, 2019 10:47 am EDT

I tried your trial offer and was very dissatisfied since you never answered my question. I am being charged for your service that I cancelled on or about Aug. 24. I want this total of $40 that was charged to my credit card reversed. I find your service very disappointing and do not ever plan on using it. Please remove this charge so I am not seeing any more charges to my credit card.
Lee Anderson

B
6:20 pm EDT

JustAnswer - a health problem

I waited for half an hour for a reply to a health question which they told me I would only have wait 8 minutes. They took £5 from my bank
and I did not get a reply to my question. I did phone my Bank to cancel the £5 but when I checked my Bank they Justanswer took the £5 out of my account. I am a Pensioner and £5 is a lot of money for me to lose just like that. Can you please help me get my £5 back? I shall try phoning my Bank again to try to get my £5 back. My Bank gave me a phone number to call to tell them I had canceled it, but
cannot find the number right now I shall phone my Bank tomorrow to ask them for the number to call again. I hate Justanswer for the inconvience they have caused me. They should be taken to court & struck off for their scams on people. Thank you from Barbara & co.,

5:02 am EDT

JustAnswer - money taken from my bank for membership £40

I remember looking for a solicitor's, but I got no satisfaction from it, although you charged £5 fee for that, but still no satisfaction.
So:
Why have you debited my bank £40 for membership, I don't recognize joining justanswer for any reason.

Please refund the amount ASAP
Sam Hoseyni
[protected]@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: 0044 [protected]

Please either contact me or refund the amount back in to my bank account, so to stop further action, many thanks.

JustAnswer contacts