Complaints & Reviews

Justanswereon line scam

On June 16, 2010 I was on line looking for information on my medical problem. I found a general answer on line but wanted a better one so up pops just answer so I go on it. They say if you do not accept the answer they give you there is no charge. They fail to tell you that they will charge you first to make sure you have the money in the bank just in case you agree with the answer you get. That is why you get stuck at having to give them all your personal infro. to be able to get in to ask your question. So I did and when I got on line with "their so called doctor" It was as if I was reading the same thing I had got myself almost word for word. so I did not want accept the answer. upon telling them this (and I don't know how I came across the area were I could tell them so. )they wanted me to ask another doctor when I said no and started to tell them that I was wanting to make a law suite on them and would get in touch with the BBB they then put a person saying they were a lawyer and how could they help me. I had to shut down my computer my self to get out of their web page. After that I came back onto the computer and went to check my bank account they had not ONLY charged me for the first question but also for the second and third ones I never asked ! The bank statement I looked had three different charges then a place were they crided it back to me then droped the third one and then doubled the total of the other two and charged me for that. The date on this at that time was 6-16&17 2010. So I called my bank fraud line . When the lady on the phone brought up my account on her computer she was able to see how they had hacked into my account changing every thing and wile I was on the phone with her she contacked the bank fauld web sight. and filed the complaint. She gave the number of the file ans said that they would be sending me paper to fill out. And suggested I call the BBB. so on the 18th of june when I found the web sight for the BBB i went to my bank sight to get a copy of the bank page to submit to the BBB. Whe I looked at it they had come back into my account and hacked away again! This time they chasnged the date on the charge to the 18th. and every thing but the one charge (for the two question I was surpposed to of made) was on the page. All the different chargest and prof of them hacking my account was gone. Even at this I still filed with BBB on them.
The BBB has another company that acted on my be half ( a middle person). As thing went on they returned my money back to me and as they were cleaning up their files they came across a time back in 2-2010 were my husband had used the sight and did not accept the answer but they never gave him the money back. but because we both use the same e-mail they gave me back that money too! I was asking for extra money for the the stress and suffrage I had been going throught as I am Bi-polar and it had caused me to go into a manice depresstion were I would not be able to sleep do to worring about the hacker, the chargest the bank was charging me ( the fraud people were not able to fine any thing wrong sence they had hacked my account to look good for them by the time they got into the invistion so I was charged for over drawn on my account) as well as I was afraid of "identiy thrif". All they wanted to do anddid do was say" How sorry they were to hear about my health problem". Well sence the middle person was not able to get a happy resalutions the company"JustAnswer will be on report and stay on the list for a year. So I say to any one who has a problem with them now or in the past to go on line to the BBB of the Golden Gate & Northen California and file a complaint. Or if you are up set with a different company the BBB on line will help you to fine the right location to contack. Don't be afaid to stand up for your self. Even if they are a member of the BBB if you fell you have been SCRAMED let them know.
I hope this has helped you in finding the answer you were looking for. Have a Blessed day and may God Bless YOU.

• Cu
      Cully Troupe Jul 27, 2010

they billed me three time the amount I agreed to pay

Justanswer Expertsmyjabill. Comcacredit card charge

Dear bridgett,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m adam and I work for ja. I have sent you a private message so I can look into your billing situation and take care of your refund immediately.

You may reach us anytime through the contact us link on our help page. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help and we’ll work with you until you’re satisfied.

- adam

• JustAnswer's response · Aug 23, 2010

Hello Lana,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I was able to locate your account using the information that you provided. We have issued a refund for the last 2 months of charges and you should be able to see the funds back in your account currently.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,
        -Adam

• Wa
        Walter B. Delafield Jun 25, 2010

Bills me @18.00 every month. Don't use them and can't stop billing

• Cr
        Craig Housen Aug 06, 2010

Re account Craig Housen, 8 High Street, Coopernook NSW Australia 2426, email:[protected]@bigpond.com.
        We understood there would be a once-off cost for questions through this service. We have only asked 2 questions in 6 months or more and you are taking a monthly fee for this. Please cancel this subscription as from now. July subscription has been paid and we no longer want this service. Thank you in anticipation. Hoping to receive your acknowledgement a.s.a.

• La
        Lana Bittner Aug 14, 2010

I wrote you 2 other times about cancelling your NON anwers. I expect to get credit on my account and NOT be charged again.
        The FDA would really like to know how many people are unhappy with your tacts.
        I am demanding credit for the last 2 months[email protected]!!!
        [protected]@oh.rr.com

Justanswer"expertmyjabill.comasked one question from vet, now having money taken from my credit card every month

Asked a quetion on this web site regarding a pet. Made what I thought was a one off payment, this web site has ttaken 2 further unauthorised payment from my credit card . I t appears to be another scam to Steal money.

• JustAnswer's response · Jul 20, 2010

Dear Judy,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

You may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

• Ca
          carion harris Jul 19, 2010

I did not order anything i am disabled and get paid once a month i would like my 34.19 returned to my account before my bills are returned and i am charged money i dont have. Thank you Carion Harris

Justanswer Expertsdid not sign up for this

I did not sign up for myjabill.com ca and 15 dollars is being taken out of my checking account the last 2 months that i know of I want this stopped, , , , ,

Just Answer *experts Mjabill.comunauthorized cc charges

When youuse this service they automatically set the account up for monthly billing for "unlimited subscription" without informing you. I asked a question in may, a one time thing, and they are billing me $18 each month. I believe that this is a scam and should be illegal.

• JustAnswer's response · Jul 12, 2010

Dear Tocallo,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Adam and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your subscription refund immediately.

JustAnswer.combank deduction

Weeks ago, in desperation with a a medical problem, I asked a medical question/I was told the money would be on deposit and I would pay only if I was satisified with anwswer. I never got an answer-since then, we have had two family members become unemployed and I've been out with a medical problem. My bank account was debited $25.00 but I got nothing for it-now I need the MONEY. I tried to send them an e-mail but it would not go. PLEASE HELP.

Ron Fairman Jul 29, 2010

6/29 I was charged for $12.00 for an unacceptable response. I stated in my email what I did try and it did not work. Feed back was what I had given in my request. I wanted to have directions other than what I already tried.

7/27 I am charged $9.00 and I have not asked for any new answers to my question (not sent anything at all!)

The $12.00 and the $9.00 need to be placed back in my bank account.

I you have any questions ... call [protected] or email at [protected]@gvtc.com.

Ron Fairman

" Please provide call or email on correction."

Ron Fairman Jul 29, 2010

I will agree to correction by replacing the $21.00 into to my banking account! Removing charges on my account.

Ron Fairman
                [protected]@gvtc.com
                [protected]

Just Answer.com-ca.continued billing

used just answer.com back in march '10 and got fair answer, agreed and paid the $9.00 fee, since then they have billed my credit card in april, may, and june.this is ###, no one answers the dam phone, and now i find that they are not refunding many people, double and triple billing, etc...you want your money file a complaint with the better buis. bureau of CA. and your state attorney generals office, also requuest they be shut down and removed from the internet for ever.i am doing this exact thing.I dont need to attach proof i have this on my credit card statements.

• Ra
                  raged Jun 28, 2010

this company should be banned from the internet for life, forced to pay restitution to all customers they have taken across and never be allowed to operate a buissness in the future anywhere in the united states again.they are crooks, theives, and a disgrace to the human race for ripping people off, these people have worked hard for their $$ and trusted you to be honest and fair, and you have not been either, this makes just answer.com ###s, no [censored]heads, ###s are usefull and they are not usefull people for what they are doing to consumers. I will never use this site again and will adimently tell everyone i know how much of a rip off this co. is.

• Di
                  Dimitrius19 Jun 28, 2010

Same exact thing happening here. I also was charged for an answer that was never given. Dispute the charges with your bank as unauthorized charges, then go into your settings online and change the obscure entry that says you want recurring billing--look at their site for where to do it. I also had a hard time getting hold of them and this is how I got my charges credited back--they were never there to justify their charges with the bank. I find that this recurring charge is not well publicized at all and this is a great potential for a class action suit. Too bad I am not that kind of lawyer, but it did take me in. Legally, they have to prove the charge was authorized. They are a total ripoff and remember--they will bill you even if your question is not answered!

• Nick - JA Help Jun 29, 2010

Dear Kevin (raged),

I work for JA and I was notified by our Customer Service team that you received a refund via phone today. I'm glad to hear this. Please let me know if there is anything more we can do to help.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 29, 2010

Dear Dimitrius19,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can make sure you receive a refund.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help.

• St
                  Stormj1 Jul 04, 2010

Hello Fellows!!

I was also charged 15 euros and didn't get an awnser!!! not only I waited 2 1/2 hours and got log off but i also got charge!!! Those people from Just Awnser are nowhere to be found!!
                  Please contact me for class action lawsuit if interrested i'm tired off those company ripping people off !!!

J

• Nick - JA Help Jul 07, 2010

Hi Stormj1,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I received your private message and I've replied so I can provide you with a full refund. Thanks for your patience.

• Le
                  Lee Harvey Aug 31, 2010

I called majic jack. com on 7/27 . I did NOT get the help I needed, but I accepted the 18:00$ charge although I was VERY, VERY dissatisfied! The next thing I know while checking my banking on-line these creeps had charged my account again!!! They billed me on 7/28 and then AGAIN on 8/28. It was pending. I immediately called them and was given various options to dispute the charges. I chose to do it by phone because I do not know how to type or use the computer very well. I left all the information they requested and waited for a return call which NEVER came. I called AGAIN SEVERAL hours later and left my info AGAIN! I called the next day TWICE AGAIN and followed the same instructions on the 29th. On the 31st I noticed that the draft went through. I've called Twice AGAIN today leaving irate messages requesting them to contact me, with NO luck! It is now 6pm on Tuesday the 31st and I've sent a complaint via "[protected]@just answer.com and STILL NO REPLY!!! Then I found this place. I seriously doubt I'll get any response from this either. I guess I'll have to contact my bank, the Better Business Bureau, The State Fraud Dept., and every other place I can find. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS!!! Lee Harvey in Ar

Justanswer - Myjabill.comjustanswer

Justanswer gave me an answer to a question then debited my Visa card for 8 £ on 10th of May On 9th of June another 8 £ was taken from my card without my permission, When will you return this money.Yours Sincerely Mr T J Williams

• JustAnswer's response · Jul 08, 2010

Dear Mr. Williams,

• Eb
                    Eberhard Georg Oct 14, 2010

Justanswer gave me an answer to a question then debited my Miles & More Matercard for 15€ in June On 11th of October another 15€ were taken from my card without my permission, When will you return this money.Yours Sincerely Mr Eberhard Georg, Germany, mail to [protected]@t-online.de

JustAnswer.com — lousy expert from india

Look at the crap some Indian "expert" by the name of Manas11 sent me. I ran it through a plagiarism checker...

Justanswer*expertsunauthorized credit card charging

I used the legal service to answer a question and paid for that use. However, justanswer kept on charging per month without any authorization or providing any service. This is clearly a fraud and the company should be censored and punished for such activity.

Just Answer Expmyjabillno response but collected money

I sent a question to this company and paid $28.00 for their fee. I never received any response but the $28.00 i have paid has been withdrawn from my bank account. I would like my money refunded back to me. The confirmation number given to me is 479037.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 23, 2010

Dear ECPe,

First, let me say I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I work for JA and I have forwarded your confirmation along to Customer Support so they can contact you for a refund immediately.
                        Of course, you may reach us anytime through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.
                        Please let me know if I can be of more help.

MarthaRowley Jun 30, 2010

On Apirl 13, 10 I got my question answered and paid. I haven't asked any other questions but they have continued extracting 18.00 dollars every month since. I need them to stop and refund me for May and June. I hope this can stop before July come around.
                        Martha

MarthaRowley Jun 30, 2010

I'd like to get in contact with someone it is very difficult coming to your web page and not finding a phone number in which to call. Maybe put one up, and where is the help page?

• Nick - JA Help Jun 30, 2010

Hi Martha,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our site. I work for JA and I've sent you a private message so I can help.

For future reference, the link to the Help page is located in the upper right hand corner on the site.

JustAnswer.comunauthorized credit card charge

My canon i70 printer was having problems, and i told justanswer i would authorize the $38 charge only if their "solution" worked. Their "solution" was "your printer is defective" which i obviously already knew and solved nothing. They charged my mastercard anyway, which i had mastercard reverse.

Dear Milt,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our site. I work for JA and I have forwarded your information along to Customer Support so we can follow-up and make sure your concerns have been taken care of.

You can always reach us through the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 to help.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

• Fr
                          Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

Justanswers Experts Myjabillfalse billing on credit card

Called justanswers for legal advise. Paid $58 for on time answer. They have been billing my credit card ever since. I did not notice for months. No telephone on credit card statement to cancel or complain.

kstatonky Jun 17, 2010

Scam servcie. We are 38 year old company traded on NYSE (PPD) and listed as #66 of Top 200 Companies in North America by Forbes Magazine in November 2009. I can tell you how to have 1 phone call solve this problem ASAP! You need the power of our services - a complete law firm at your service! Month-to-month, no underwriting. Have your contracts reviewed before (or even after) you sign them; have an attorney call or write a letter on your behalf to solve issues large or small; get answers to your questions/problems; protect yourself from frivilous lawsuits; overcharges and incorrect charges - for no additional fees! And So Much More! I have saved well over 2-3 years of the low cost of my membership by using my law firm 6 times in less than 10 months of being a member. Identity Theft and complete restoration too! Just had a dispute solved with computer co saying extra $ needed to complete a problem with "their" defective part - my atty notified their legal department of unfairness and I received a personal phone call from them and complimentary repair/technical service which is normally a paid service. You cannot beat this service - I am a LIFETIME member!!! Can't beat it - see short overview and tmore estimonies! http://www.pplonlinetools.com/previews/?cid=50615&vid=1

kstatonky Jun 17, 2010

$58 would get you over 3 months of unlimited legal assistance - and a Will - plus coverage for motor vehicle services, audit protection...more. We ARE a reputable company! http://www.pplonlinetools.com/previews/?cid=50615&vid=1

www.kstatongroup.com

• Li
                            Ling Chi Jun 17, 2010

Kathy, aka kstatonky, aka kstatongroup.com, aka duped prepaid legal services shill, is peddling her MLM program because her job at LifeTrack apparently isn't enough to pay the bills.

She has no idea how Forbes comes up with their lists, and is falling for her own marketing rhetoric. Forbes does not rate companies out of the blue - companies apply and then are ranked against other applicants. You can be a crappy company but still be ranked if either the list is long enough or not enough applicants apply. Getting on that list has absolutely nothing to do with the SEC, however the SEC can investigate any company (on the list, or not) if securities legalities can be questioned.

An example is a national company headquartered locally that was listed for two years on the Forbes list of Top 100 Companies to Work For, then went bankrupt the following year. Investigations revealed gross mismanagement and employee layoffs in the thousands. The only reason the SEC decided to investigate that particular company was because of the method they used to structure their internal business dealings by selling parts of their company to other parts of their company.

Kathy won't respond to me, because her glass house would shatter.

...get a life.

• Li
                            Ling Chi Jun 17, 2010

get some facts

Justanswer.comwas charged even though I did not agree to accept answer

This website offers various "professional advice" in a wide variety of areas. You choose the area, ask the question, and if you are satisfied with the response you then hit hit accept and are charged for the answer to your question. I did not hit the accept button once I had read the response to my question as it was a basic response to a medical question of which I already knew and did not answer the original question I had asked. Two days later I was online looking at my bank account, and saw that I had been charged by this company even though I had rejected their answer. This website is a fraud and they will charge you for any question that you ask them whether you agree to it or not. This goes directly against the terms and conditions that are listed on their website. I emailed the company but got no response, and their is no phone number or address with which to contact them if you have any questions or issues with their blatant lies regarding their policies and procedures listed on their website.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 14, 2010

Dear snootyroo,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.
                              You may always contact us through our Help page on the site. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.
                              Thank you for your patience. We'll be in touch to help you soon.

- Nick

JustAnswer.comno answer, I paid the fee. scam!!

I asked a question {legal} paid my fee which was taken from my bank account.& days now and no answer. I want my my back, simple. This is a scam and should be stopped.
                            It is also a crime in the u. S. A. And in canada. These # should be caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law

• Ha
                                Haydn C. Stephens Jun 20, 2010

Sunday 6/20/10 : Asked a question of the medical community waited ten minutes and no reply. I thought it may have been down. NO ANSWER WAS FORTH COMING ! Later in the afternoon I received a Receipt for paymant. Question, why am I being charged for information that I was not given ? This need to be reversed asap.

Dear sean,

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't receive an answer. I'm Nick and I work for JA. I've sent you a direct message so I can give you a full refund.

You may get in touch with us anytime by using the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support Team is available 24/7 to help.

Thanks for being patient. Our site has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I want to make sure you're taken care of.

Dear Haydn,

Again, I'm so sorry to find out that you did not receive an answer. I've also sent you a private message so I can take care of your concerns and provide a refund.

The charge you are seeing is the amount you agreed to pay when you placed a "good faith" deposit before receiving your answer. You can learn more about the way the "good faith" deposit works on our Help page. This deposit is fully refundable and I'll be glad to help you with that.

We're here to help. Thanks for your continued patience.

• Fr
                                Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

Just.answer.comtook my 30.00 and never answered

About 2 or more weeks ago, I asked a question about Real Estate Laws to do with my eldery Dad. I asked the question clearly, paid $30.00 and my charge account states that the money was credited to my account.The problem is just.answer took my money and never recieved my answer, that I paid for.I checked with my credit card co., and was told that just.answer go my money! I got no anser! Can you help me? Thank You, [protected]@gmail.com P.S. I am 62 and on Disability, so my funds are limited and I feel that they stole from me.

Justanswer&expertsmyjabill.comcredit card charge

A charge was made to my credit card, Master Card, issued by USAA on April 2, 2010 to the above cited address. I did not approve of the purchase and have no intention of paying it. I am notifying my insurance company that issued the card to not honor the payment.

Robert E.Railey May 05, 2010

credit card charge not authorized

• Ph
                                    Philip Evans, Attorney May 17, 2010

I also have these phony charges on my USAA credit card being billed by this consumer fraud target company. I have to go the legal route to get it to stop. USAA is great and this has nothing to do with them. Relief go to your states attorney general website and then pick consumer fraud complaint.

Philip R. Evans
                                    Attorney at Law
                                    4478 Werleys Corner
                                    NewTripoli, PA

• Ab
                                    abauer001 Jun 15, 2010

I have been charged $14.00 on my MC (credit card) But have not requested any service in well over 6 months. I also canceled my subscription to Just Answer at least over 4 to 5 months ago. Please refund the above amount to my credit card.

• Ab
                                    abauer001 Jun 15, 2010

I have been charged $14.00 on my MC card With no service received or requested. I have also canceled my subscription to Just Answer a number of months ago.
                                    Please issue a refund for the above amount.

• Ge
                                    george williamson Jun 22, 2010

$21.00 withdrawal on our credit card on may25 by just answer expertsmyjabill.com

Charles Adwell Jun 25, 2010

I have been charged $15.00 om my MC card on 5/31/2010.
                                    No service was requested or received.

• At
                                    A.THOMPSON Jul 07, 2010

They're debiting my visa account without any authorization & i want it stopped at once.

• He
                                    HermosaPatty Jul 22, 2010

I was charged $18 on my Visa card, after accessing this service online with a question. However, I was put on hold and no answer ever arrived via email or otherwise. I have disputed this charge with my credit card comoany. Does anyone have a mailing address for this outfit?

• Cb
                                    cbs1947 Jul 29, 2010

I checked my AmEx bill this month and found these parasites had placed a $9 charge. I don't know them, have never used their services. And, of course, their website is a 404. AmEx, when I challenged the charge, indicated that they are located in SF, CA.

JustAnswer.comno response

Requested repair/replacement recommendations for a thermostat. No response; just repeated request for information. Now they claim I may have at least 2 questions pending. It has been at least 72 hours and no corrective action response. I don't believe they provide any service. Probably located in Nigeria, India, or Pakistan.

• Nick - JA Help Apr 22, 2010

Dear Jeffrey,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your concern.

Of course, you may also contact customer support and find useful information on the Help section of our website. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and responds within 24 hours.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

JA Help

• 12
                                      123456789123456789 Jan 18, 2011

hello,
                                      i paid a lot money to justanswer.com for getting an answer to my question . but i couldn t get an answer and response.
                                      when i said that to justanswer.som, he said that you should pay much more money for this question.although i paid again and again, i couldnt get an answer .
                                      this is robbering, isnt it?

• 12
                                      123456789123456789 Jan 18, 2011

i relied on the site.now i understand that they are just robbers.
                                      please you don t rely on the justanswer.com.

• Cb
                                      cb1000rider Jan 19, 2011

You paid a deposit.. I think you were not "repaying" again, but likely re-originating a question with the same deposit.
                                      As your question was not answered, your "expert" was not paid... JustAnswer will refund your *deposit* at any time - just ask. It takes 24-48 hours usually. If you don't ask for the deposit back, Just Answer will keep it and start taking $1 away per month after a substantial amount of time.
                                      Note, if you offer to pay $15 for a networking related question, best case, the person answering your question will get about half of that payment. Many questions will go unanswered because the question isn't clear and yes, sometimes, because the amount associated with the question is not enough. If your question would take an hour to research and answer, who is going to do that for $7 and risk that they don't get paid at all?
                                      Note also, once you receive an answer, you can completely stiff Just Answer, recover your money - and your expert won't be paid... It should be called "free answers". JustAnswer provides a virtual service that will almost always be refunded on a credit card dispute, as such, JustAnswer has a no-questions-asked policy for refunds. They can give you the best advice in the world and you don't have to pay a dime. IE: The Honor System.

• Je
                                      Jeanie Jr. Apr 10, 2011

The same thing happened to me. Asked a question, paid my deposit and have had no response. I would like at this point to refund my deposit. Would have liked an answer but that is not forthcoming so please refund as I have requested.

Jeanie

• Rb
                                      rboccieri Mar 02, 2012

I asked a question concerning a gun I own. The requested my name and credit card number.
                                      When my e-mail address was submitted they claimed it was "bad". I then e-mailed their info address to ask why. No response. Presumably they have the credit card number still. rjb

JustAnswerfraudulent billing

Dear sir,
                                    On my Jan12 200 Capital one statementI was billed $18.00 For rervice recieved. Ihave no complaint about that., but on Feb16, statement, Iwas billed a secondtime for the same service. The harge was delieted on the following bill only to have it reapear oagain on my current bill
                                    How many times am I suposed o pay for the same serivce?
                                    William Prince [protected]@aol.com
                                    I cant send photos via email If you sed me an address or P.O. box, I'll be happy to mail copies of invoice.

JustAnswer.comunauthorized use of card

I had googled a question about my car, and justanswer.com popped up and could connect me to a Pontaic Tech. Ask my question, then was asked how much i would pay for the info. I picked the 9 dollar amount, It plainly stated that I would not be charged unless I was satisfied with my answer, Well, my bank account was charged the 9 dollars, I still have not recieved an answer, so I went back on the site, my balance is 9 $ so i asked my question again, now I was asked if I wanted to pay 30, 40 or 50 for my answer, I asked the exact question, so now like others I will be fighting to get my money back... quite a rip off

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 22, 2010

Hello Tricia,

I am sorry to hear about your experience on the site. It sounds like when you registered your account to post the question you may have opted into the subscription program for the service on the site.

I have sent you a private message so that we can locate your account and issue the refund immediately.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

• Nick - JA Help Mar 29, 2010

Dear scamed,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on our site. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

Of course, you may use the automatic refund tool which is available in our online Terms of Service. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help.

Porker Apr 07, 2010

JustAnswer.com sent my CC information to other websites the day after I paid $13 for a Mac answer
                                          (which I actually found acceptable)

I then began receiving emails from web sites, "confirming my order, "thanking me for signing up for Free Trials, ""Letting me know the Spanish Course I ordered was being shipped", etc.

I was about to call my credit card company when the phone rang...and guess who? It was my CC company, calling me to ask about possible fraudulent activity on my card.

After we went through all the fraudulent charges, I had to cancel my CC account and the bank has begun an investigation
                                          I went back to the JustAnswer.com site, as I recalled that they displayed the "Truste" seal on their website.
                                          I clicked on the Truste seal and JustAnswer.com displayed a page saying they were a "Truste"certified website, yada yada yada.

But when I went to the Truste website directly and entered a complaint, they said that JustAnswer.com was NOT a Truste certified member.

I reported their fraudulent use and display of the Truste seal to them and they supposedly will take action against "JustAnswer.com!

I also had to contact all these third parties to get them to stop sending(cancel) the stuff I did not order, and the "Free Trials", etc.

JustAnswer.com did not just sell or give my email address away...they actually gave out my CC information!!

These 3rd parties were actually billing stuff to my CC!...and they got my CC info from "JustAnswer.com.

These guys are not just double billers and scammers that don't have real experts to provide answers..they are Credit Card thieves that sell your CC info!

JustAnswer.com should be immediately shut down and the owners arrested for fraud, CC Theft and Identity theft!

GO TO HELL, JustAnswer.com...answer that!

• Nick - JA Help Apr 08, 2010

Dear Porker,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I’m terribly sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced with our service. We are actively raising the bar in terms of the level of satisfaction we deliver to our customers, but we realize that there is always room for improvement.

With that said, please allow me to address your concerns in order:

· We take the privacy and security of our customer’s credit card information very seriously. Your credit card information is stored with the highest level of encryption (128 bit SSL) on our website and is never shared with other companies.

· I’m sorry that you were not able to verify our certification with TRUSTe when filing a dispute. TRUSTe utilizes the “watchdog” process to file disputes with certified TRUSTe members. You may file a dispute by visiting the following link: http://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint. Once you arrive at the link, you may enter our website and then proceed with the next steps. We are certified to receive disputes from the TRUSTe program, since we are a certified member.

· We are committed to the privacy and security of all Users of our website and do not sell any credit card or Personally Identifiable Information, including email addresses, to third party vendors. We only send emails to registered users, in accordance with our website’s Terms of Service. All Users can easily opt-out of any and all future emails sent to them by our website.

· We would be happy to correct any billing errors you have experienced. At your earliest convenience, please send an email with your username to [protected]@justanswer.com. Please note in your email that you would like it forwarded to the Customer Support Manager.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback. While we do enjoy receiving positive comments from our customers, we equally enjoy receiving feedback on how we can do better. It is that feedback which helps us to improve our service and deliver the best possible customer experience.

Sincerely,

The JustAnswer Team

Porker Apr 09, 2010

To the cowardly "anonymous" "JustAnswer "team":

Doesn't your "Customer Support Manager" have a Name? What is it? What is HIS email address? How can I "Truste" you to forward it to him? Why do you NEED to forward it? Why can't he contact me directly...If you are SINCERE?

Attempting to put a positive spin on your criminal actions will not fly.

I have already notified Truste and filed a complaint against you.

And I have closed my account with you.

I have also visited all the websites you forwarded my personal AND CC information to. And closed any accounts you opened for me...WITHOUT my permission and WITHOUT even notifying me. And stopped all the "Free Offers" you signed me up for WITHOUT my permission.

What is the value of contacting your "Customer Support Manager"?
                                          To receive more unhelpful BS from you?

Where the hell do you get the nerve to give out my personally identifiable information, email address, and worst of all, my CC info? Don't you know that's against the Law?

I'm sure you do...but you don't really care, do you?

And I'm equally sure that your absurd post is just scripted and as insincere and patronising as it sounds!
                                          "Again, thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback". Yeah, right!

Please. How are you going to give me back the time I had to spend undoing your criminal actions?

And visit the "Truste web site through your link? Of course it will say you are a "certified" member...on YOUR fake link.

I visited Truste from OUTSIDE your web page and phony link...and THEY (The REAL Truste) said you are NOT a certified member.

That's why they are taking action against you!

Didn't you read my post?
                                          Try again. Or get someone to explain it to you...

JusrAnswer this post...hypocrites!

BEWARE! DON'T USE "JustAnswer"! They have a LOT to answer FOR!
                                          Pass it on...

Porker Apr 09, 2010

BTW: This is from the REAL TRUSTe site:

Non-licensee Issue

The URL http://ww2.justanswer.com does not belong to a TRUSTe licensee.

Please select the type of problem you are reporting:*
                                          Privacy Violation
                                          Unauthorized use of the TRUSTe seal(s)
                                          If you believe this site is using the TRUSTe seals illegally or incorrectly please submit this form by clicking the "Finish" button below

Porker Apr 17, 2010

JustAnswer Corp.
                                          [protected] x7908 (direct)
                                          [protected] (facsimile)
                                          [protected]@justanswer.com"

Mr. Cavenecia addresses the issues I posted about, including that of JustAnswer.com not being recognized as a certified TRUSTe member, and in fairness to them, I am now satisfied that they are.

Why the TRUSTe website showed them not to be a certified member previously(as shown in my post above)I do not know, but Mr. Cavenecia has now resolved that issue to my satisfaction.

Of course, this was not the underlying problem, which was the misuse of my identity and credit card information.

As I know know that JustAnswer.com IS a certified member of TRUSTe, I have filed a complaint with TRUSTe against JustAnswer Corp. and after their review of the details, they(TRUSTe) have agreed that it is a valid complaint and will be investigating it.

From TRUSTe: April 14.2010:

Thank you for submitting your privacy complaint through the TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute Resolution Program. The TRUSTe Compliance Team has reviewed the details of your complaint and we have determined that it is a valid privacy issue for further investigation under our program. We have contacted www.justanswer.com on your behalf and have asked them to respond.

So we shall see...

• Ad
                                          ADDABAD Aug 03, 2010

I agree 100%. I was ripped I asked the same question 3 times and was charged 3 times. And nevr was my question answered.

Porker Aug 04, 2010

ADDABAD is right!

And all posters on this forum that have complaints against JustAnswer.com should file them using the TRUSTe website "WATCHDOG" complaint mechanism through the link to their site.

Perhaps as the number of complaints to TRUSTe against this scammer website increase, TRUSTe will investigate and cancel their certification or take other actions against them.

The continuation of complaints against JustAnswer.com. through TRUSTe and elsewhere may also help form the foundation for legal action against JustAnswer.com.

Please continue to inform others and WARN them against using JustAnswer.com.

There are FREE websites available to answer many of the questions people pay for JustAnswer.com to answer.

If you need an answer, first try to Google the question!
                                          AND AVOID GETTING SCAMMED AND RIPPED OFF BY JustAnswer.com!!!

• Tr
                                          Tricia Carr Dec 22, 2010

Justanswer.com - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD!!!
                                          I used this service for one question...just found out that they have billed my credit card account multiple times which was NOT AUTHORIZED!!! I have contacted my credit card company regarding this fraudulent activity and have contacted a good friend who is an attorney who is giving me guidance on the matter and she will represent me if it comes to that. This is simply unacceptable. On their website they say you can ask for a refund by logging in to your account. WHAT ACCOUNT? I didn't write anything down because I used this service ONE TIME and never expected to use it again. I'm sure that I established some time of "log in" information when I asked the question, but I did not expect to have "an account" I am a hard working professional and I do not take kindly to companies trying to take money from me that they are not entitled to.
                                          I AM FURIOUS!!!