Complaints & Reviews

Resolved was charged even though I did not agree to accept answer

This website offers various "professional advice" in a wide variety of areas. You choose the area, ask the question, and if you are satisfied with the response you then hit hit accept and are charged for the answer to your question. I did not hit the accept button once I had read the response to my question as it was a basic response to a medical question of which I already knew and did not answer the original question I had asked. Two days later I was online looking at my bank account, and saw that I had been charged by this company even though I had rejected their answer. This website is a fraud and they will charge you for any question that you ask them whether you agree to it or not. This goes directly against the terms and conditions that are listed on their website. I emailed the company but got no response, and their is no phone number or address with which to contact them if you have any questions or issues with their blatant lies regarding their policies and procedures listed on their website.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 14, 2010

Dear snootyroo,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.
    You may always contact us through our Help page on the site. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.
    Thank you for your patience. We'll be in touch to help you soon.

- Nick

Resolved no answer, I paid the fee. scam!!

I asked a question {legal} paid my fee which was taken from my bank account.& days now and no answer. I want my my back, simple. This is a scam and should be stopped.
It is also a crime in the u. S. A. And in canada. These # should be caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law

• Ha
    Haydn C. Stephens Jun 20, 2010

Sunday 6/20/10 : Asked a question of the medical community waited ten minutes and no reply. I thought it may have been down. NO ANSWER WAS FORTH COMING ! Later in the afternoon I received a Receipt for paymant. Question, why am I being charged for information that I was not given ? This need to be reversed asap.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 28, 2010

Dear sean,

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't receive an answer. I'm Nick and I work for JA. I've sent you a direct message so I can give you a full refund.

You may get in touch with us anytime by using the Contact Us link on our Help page. Our Customer Support Team is available 24/7 to help.

Thanks for being patient. Our site has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and I want to make sure you're taken care of.

• Nick - JA Help Jun 28, 2010

Dear Haydn,

Again, I'm so sorry to find out that you did not receive an answer. I've also sent you a private message so I can take care of your concerns and provide a refund.

The charge you are seeing is the amount you agreed to pay when you placed a "good faith" deposit before receiving your answer. You can learn more about the way the "good faith" deposit works on our Help page. This deposit is fully refundable and I'll be glad to help you with that.

We're here to help. Thanks for your continued patience.

• Fr
    Francoisf Sep 07, 2010

This site should be shut down!

took my 30.00 and never answered

About 2 or more weeks ago, I asked a question about Real Estate Laws to do with my eldery Dad. I asked the question clearly, paid $30.00 and my charge account states that the money was credited to my account.The problem is just.answer took my money and never recieved my answer, that I paid for.I checked with my credit card co., and was told that just.answer go my money! I got no anser! Can you help me? Thank You, [protected]@gmail.com P.S. I am 62 and on Disability, so my funds are limited and I feel that they stole from me.

Resolved credit card charge

A charge was made to my credit card, Master Card, issued by USAA on April 2, 2010 to the above cited address. I did not approve of the purchase and have no intention of paying it. I am notifying my insurance company that issued the card to not honor the payment.

• Ro
    Robert E.Railey May 05, 2010

credit card charge not authorized

• Ph
    Philip Evans, Attorney May 17, 2010

I also have these phony charges on my USAA credit card being billed by this consumer fraud target company. I have to go the legal route to get it to stop. USAA is great and this has nothing to do with them. Relief go to your states attorney general website and then pick consumer fraud complaint.

Philip R. Evans
    Attorney at Law
    4478 Werleys Corner
    NewTripoli, PA

• Ab
    abauer001 Jun 15, 2010

I have been charged $14.00 on my MC (credit card) But have not requested any service in well over 6 months. I also canceled my subscription to Just Answer at least over 4 to 5 months ago. Please refund the above amount to my credit card.

• Ab
    abauer001 Jun 15, 2010

I have been charged $14.00 on my MC card With no service received or requested. I have also canceled my subscription to Just Answer a number of months ago.
    Please issue a refund for the above amount.

• Ge
    george williamson Jun 22, 2010

$21.00 withdrawal on our credit card on may25 by just answer expertsmyjabill.com

Charles Adwell Jun 25, 2010

I have been charged $15.00 om my MC card on 5/31/2010.
    No service was requested or received.

• At
    A.THOMPSON Jul 07, 2010

They're debiting my visa account without any authorization & i want it stopped at once.

• He
    HermosaPatty Jul 22, 2010

I was charged $18 on my Visa card, after accessing this service online with a question. However, I was put on hold and no answer ever arrived via email or otherwise. I have disputed this charge with my credit card comoany. Does anyone have a mailing address for this outfit?

• Cb
    cbs1947 Jul 29, 2010

I checked my AmEx bill this month and found these parasites had placed a $9 charge. I don't know them, have never used their services. And, of course, their website is a 404. AmEx, when I challenged the charge, indicated that they are located in SF, CA.

Resolved no response

Requested repair/replacement recommendations for a thermostat. No response; just repeated request for information. Now they claim I may have at least 2 questions pending. It has been at least 72 hours and no corrective action response. I don't believe they provide any service. Probably located in Nigeria, India, or Pakistan.

• Nick - JA Help Apr 22, 2010

Dear Jeffrey,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your concern.

Of course, you may also contact customer support and find useful information on the Help section of our website. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and responds within 24 hours.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

JA Help

• 12
    123456789123456789 Jan 18, 2011

hello,
    i paid a lot money to justanswer.com for getting an answer to my question . but i couldn t get an answer and response.
    when i said that to justanswer.som, he said that you should pay much more money for this question.although i paid again and again, i couldnt get an answer .
    this is robbering, isnt it?

• 12
    123456789123456789 Jan 18, 2011

i relied on the site.now i understand that they are just robbers.
    please you don t rely on the justanswer.com.

• Cb
    cb1000rider Jan 19, 2011

You paid a deposit.. I think you were not "repaying" again, but likely re-originating a question with the same deposit.
    As your question was not answered, your "expert" was not paid... JustAnswer will refund your *deposit* at any time - just ask. It takes 24-48 hours usually. If you don't ask for the deposit back, Just Answer will keep it and start taking $1 away per month after a substantial amount of time.
    Note, if you offer to pay $15 for a networking related question, best case, the person answering your question will get about half of that payment. Many questions will go unanswered because the question isn't clear and yes, sometimes, because the amount associated with the question is not enough. If your question would take an hour to research and answer, who is going to do that for $7 and risk that they don't get paid at all?
    Note also, once you receive an answer, you can completely stiff Just Answer, recover your money - and your expert won't be paid... It should be called "free answers". JustAnswer provides a virtual service that will almost always be refunded on a credit card dispute, as such, JustAnswer has a no-questions-asked policy for refunds. They can give you the best advice in the world and you don't have to pay a dime. IE: The Honor System.

• Je
    Jeanie Jr. Apr 10, 2011

The same thing happened to me. Asked a question, paid my deposit and have had no response. I would like at this point to refund my deposit. Would have liked an answer but that is not forthcoming so please refund as I have requested.

Jeanie

• Rb
    rboccieri Mar 02, 2012

I asked a question concerning a gun I own. The requested my name and credit card number.
    When my e-mail address was submitted they claimed it was "bad". I then e-mailed their info address to ask why. No response. Presumably they have the credit card number still. rjb

fraudulent billing

Dear sir,
On my Jan12 200 Capital one statementI was billed $18.00 For rervice recieved. Ihave no complaint about that., but on Feb16, statement, Iwas billed a secondtime for the same service. The harge was delieted on the following bill only to have it reapear oagain on my current bill
How many times am I suposed o pay for the same serivce?
William Prince [protected]@aol.com
I cant send photos via email If you sed me an address or P.O. box, I'll be happy to mail copies of invoice.

Resolved unauthorized use of card

I had googled a question about my car, and justanswer.com popped up and could connect me to a Pontaic Tech. Ask my question, then was asked how much i would pay for the info. I picked the 9 dollar amount, It plainly stated that I would not be charged unless I was satisfied with my answer, Well, my bank account was charged the 9 dollars, I still have not recieved an answer, so I went back on the site, my balance is 9 $ so i asked my question again, now I was asked if I wanted to pay 30, 40 or 50 for my answer, I asked the exact question, so now like others I will be fighting to get my money back... quite a rip off

RESOLVED

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 22, 2010

Hello Tricia,

I am sorry to hear about your experience on the site. It sounds like when you registered your account to post the question you may have opted into the subscription program for the service on the site.

I have sent you a private message so that we can locate your account and issue the refund immediately.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

• Nick - JA Help Mar 29, 2010

Dear scamed,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on our site. I’m Nick and I work for JA. I have sent you a private message so I can take care of your refund immediately.

Of course, you may use the automatic refund tool which is available in our online Terms of Service. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to help and will respond within 24 hours.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. We’re here to help.

Porker Apr 07, 2010

JustAnswer.com sent my CC information to other websites the day after I paid $13 for a Mac answer
    (which I actually found acceptable)

I then began receiving emails from web sites, "confirming my order, "thanking me for signing up for Free Trials, ""Letting me know the Spanish Course I ordered was being shipped", etc.

I was about to call my credit card company when the phone rang...and guess who? It was my CC company, calling me to ask about possible fraudulent activity on my card.

After we went through all the fraudulent charges, I had to cancel my CC account and the bank has begun an investigation
    I went back to the JustAnswer.com site, as I recalled that they displayed the "Truste" seal on their website.
    I clicked on the Truste seal and JustAnswer.com displayed a page saying they were a "Truste"certified website, yada yada yada.

But when I went to the Truste website directly and entered a complaint, they said that JustAnswer.com was NOT a Truste certified member.

I reported their fraudulent use and display of the Truste seal to them and they supposedly will take action against "JustAnswer.com!

I also had to contact all these third parties to get them to stop sending(cancel) the stuff I did not order, and the "Free Trials", etc.

JustAnswer.com did not just sell or give my email address away...they actually gave out my CC information!!

These 3rd parties were actually billing stuff to my CC!...and they got my CC info from "JustAnswer.com.

These guys are not just double billers and scammers that don't have real experts to provide answers..they are Credit Card thieves that sell your CC info!

JustAnswer.com should be immediately shut down and the owners arrested for fraud, CC Theft and Identity theft!

GO TO HELL, JustAnswer.com...answer that!

• Nick - JA Help Apr 08, 2010

Dear Porker,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I’m terribly sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced with our service. We are actively raising the bar in terms of the level of satisfaction we deliver to our customers, but we realize that there is always room for improvement.

With that said, please allow me to address your concerns in order:

· We take the privacy and security of our customer’s credit card information very seriously. Your credit card information is stored with the highest level of encryption (128 bit SSL) on our website and is never shared with other companies.

· I’m sorry that you were not able to verify our certification with TRUSTe when filing a dispute. TRUSTe utilizes the “watchdog” process to file disputes with certified TRUSTe members. You may file a dispute by visiting the following link: http://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint. Once you arrive at the link, you may enter our website and then proceed with the next steps. We are certified to receive disputes from the TRUSTe program, since we are a certified member.

· We are committed to the privacy and security of all Users of our website and do not sell any credit card or Personally Identifiable Information, including email addresses, to third party vendors. We only send emails to registered users, in accordance with our website’s Terms of Service. All Users can easily opt-out of any and all future emails sent to them by our website.

· We would be happy to correct any billing errors you have experienced. At your earliest convenience, please send an email with your username to [email protected] Please note in your email that you would like it forwarded to the Customer Support Manager.

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback. While we do enjoy receiving positive comments from our customers, we equally enjoy receiving feedback on how we can do better. It is that feedback which helps us to improve our service and deliver the best possible customer experience.

Sincerely,

The JustAnswer Team

Porker Apr 09, 2010

To the cowardly "anonymous" "JustAnswer "team":

Doesn't your "Customer Support Manager" have a Name? What is it? What is HIS email address? How can I "Truste" you to forward it to him? Why do you NEED to forward it? Why can't he contact me directly...If you are SINCERE?

Attempting to put a positive spin on your criminal actions will not fly.

I have already notified Truste and filed a complaint against you.

And I have closed my account with you.

I have also visited all the websites you forwarded my personal AND CC information to. And closed any accounts you opened for me...WITHOUT my permission and WITHOUT even notifying me. And stopped all the "Free Offers" you signed me up for WITHOUT my permission.

What is the value of contacting your "Customer Support Manager"?
    To receive more unhelpful BS from you?

Where the hell do you get the nerve to give out my personally identifiable information, email address, and worst of all, my CC info? Don't you know that's against the Law?

I'm sure you do...but you don't really care, do you?

And I'm equally sure that your absurd post is just scripted and as insincere and patronising as it sounds!
    "Again, thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback". Yeah, right!

Please. How are you going to give me back the time I had to spend undoing your criminal actions?

And visit the "Truste web site through your link? Of course it will say you are a "certified" member...on YOUR fake link.

I visited Truste from OUTSIDE your web page and phony link...and THEY (The REAL Truste) said you are NOT a certified member.

That's why they are taking action against you!

Didn't you read my post?
    Try again. Or get someone to explain it to you...

JusrAnswer this post...hypocrites!

BEWARE! DON'T USE "JustAnswer"! They have a LOT to answer FOR!
    Pass it on...

Porker Apr 09, 2010

BTW: This is from the REAL TRUSTe site:

Non-licensee Issue

The URL http://ww2.justanswer.com does not belong to a TRUSTe licensee.

Please select the type of problem you are reporting:*
    Privacy Violation
    Unauthorized use of the TRUSTe seal(s)
    If you believe this site is using the TRUSTe seals illegally or incorrectly please submit this form by clicking the "Finish" button below

Porker Apr 17, 2010

JustAnswer Corp.
    415-929-9921 x7908 (direct)
    415-480-2121 (facsimile)
    [email protected]"

Mr. Cavenecia addresses the issues I posted about, including that of JustAnswer.com not being recognized as a certified TRUSTe member, and in fairness to them, I am now satisfied that they are.

Why the TRUSTe website showed them not to be a certified member previously(as shown in my post above)I do not know, but Mr. Cavenecia has now resolved that issue to my satisfaction.

Of course, this was not the underlying problem, which was the misuse of my identity and credit card information.

As I know know that JustAnswer.com IS a certified member of TRUSTe, I have filed a complaint with TRUSTe against JustAnswer Corp. and after their review of the details, they(TRUSTe) have agreed that it is a valid complaint and will be investigating it.

From TRUSTe: April 14.2010:

Thank you for submitting your privacy complaint through the TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute Resolution Program. The TRUSTe Compliance Team has reviewed the details of your complaint and we have determined that it is a valid privacy issue for further investigation under our program. We have contacted www.justanswer.com on your behalf and have asked them to respond.

So we shall see...

• Ad
    ADDABAD Aug 03, 2010

I agree 100%. I was ripped I asked the same question 3 times and was charged 3 times. And nevr was my question answered.

Porker Aug 04, 2010

ADDABAD is right!

And all posters on this forum that have complaints against JustAnswer.com should file them using the TRUSTe website "WATCHDOG" complaint mechanism through the link to their site.

Perhaps as the number of complaints to TRUSTe against this scammer website increase, TRUSTe will investigate and cancel their certification or take other actions against them.

The continuation of complaints against JustAnswer.com. through TRUSTe and elsewhere may also help form the foundation for legal action against JustAnswer.com.

Please continue to inform others and WARN them against using JustAnswer.com.

There are FREE websites available to answer many of the questions people pay for JustAnswer.com to answer.

If you need an answer, first try to Google the question!
    AND AVOID GETTING SCAMMED AND RIPPED OFF BY JustAnswer.com!!!

• Tr
    Tricia Carr Dec 22, 2010

Justanswer.com - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD!!!
    I used this service for one question...just found out that they have billed my credit card account multiple times which was NOT AUTHORIZED!!! I have contacted my credit card company regarding this fraudulent activity and have contacted a good friend who is an attorney who is giving me guidance on the matter and she will represent me if it comes to that. This is simply unacceptable. On their website they say you can ask for a refund by logging in to your account. WHAT ACCOUNT? I didn't write anything down because I used this service ONE TIME and never expected to use it again. I'm sure that I established some time of "log in" information when I asked the question, but I did not expect to have "an account" I am a hard working professional and I do not take kindly to companies trying to take money from me that they are not entitled to.
    I AM FURIOUS!!!

Resolved unauthorized credit card charge

I asked a vet about pet poisoning. It was my understanding that it was free for the first visit and would not be charged unless I used them again. My dog died anyway. The vet said it was acid reflux, but that was a bunch of bull!

Resolved Unauthorized charges on credit card

There was a charge of $16.00 on my recent bill from my credit card co. from this company. I did not order anything from them and want reimbursement of $16.00 from the company.

Resolved inaccurate information form mechanic

I asked for information how to remove rotors and calipers for a 2005 dodge dually 3500 with cummins engine, I received mostly incorrect information for my particular truck. Very little info. was usefull I got info for a dodge 1500. So I paid for info I could not really use. my email address is [protected]@roadrunner.com

Resolved scam

I wanted an answer to something troubling me..went to just answer.com, submitted my question, clicked on what...

Resolved never ordered or ask for

This charge of $18.00 showed up on my credit card account. I never did any business of any kind with whoever...

Resolved over charged

Used their medical site 02/23/10. Agreed amount was $18.00. One question asked, One accepted answer. Case closed, right? No!! They double charged the amount agreed upon $18 now totaling $36!!! My intention now is to go to my bank and file fraudulent charges against justanswer.com as they do not respond to any of my inquiries.

Resolved $48 bill omn my visa

I have a charge on my Visa on1/27 for $48 On 1/28 I have a credit for $24. I have no idea what this is for or who this is that charged me. I would like an answer before I notify my credit card company

Serene Reid
serene.[protected]@earthlink.net

Resolved unauthorized credit card charges

For those not familiar with this site, justanswer.com provides the user with access to professionals from doctors to lawyers to directly answer any and all questions you may have. For each question asked, if you like the response you receive, you are expected to pay one of three fees. If you didn't care for the answer or found it to be unhelpful, you're not required to pay. Additionally, before posting any questions, you're required to make an initial deposit via your credit card.

My trouble started after receiving my response from an expert. I had made a $15 deposit and had given the site my card number. After choosing to accept the response and pay for the advice I was given, I was directed to another screen that was not altogether clear in its directions, but seemed to be prompting me to verify how much I was willing to pay. In thinking this, I typed in $15, and, immediately feeling uneasy, checked my bank account online.

Apparently, this screen was prompting me to make an additional deposit so that I could ask further questions and, when I checked my account, I found that I had been charged an additional $15.Realizing the mistake, I immediately contacted customer service by sending one email to technical support and another one to a link which offered a 'good faith refund' on all deposits made. Neither email was responded to, and I simply went to bed that night expecting the situation would be resolved by morning. After all, the second charge had been incurred as a result of my misunderstanding one of the screens, so there was no reason to expect I would have any further problems.

When I woke up the next day, I checked my bank account to see if my $15 had been restored, and found instead that an additional $30 had been added to my account. I was forced to cancel my credit card and send for a new one to avoid any further charges, and, despite sending yet another email, I have heard nothing from the site. In the end my one question ended up costing me a whopping $60, and I'm very disappointed with the unresponsiveness ofcustomer service. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and would advise anyone who intends to do business with this site to really consider how much the answer to their question is worth to them.

thomas cobb Aug 11, 2010

i think that this is one time service i want my money back

thomas cobb Aug 11, 2010

chicago il i live in chicago il

i want my money back

Resolved £20 taken from my credit card without my consent

On 4th february 2017, using google, I went into justanswer.com. I asked a question "as an administrator...

Resolved a misrepresentation through claimed expert

I was looking for a solution to a oil boiler heating problem and decided to try this site out - the so called expert had little or limited knowledge of my problem, was from the usa; I was expecting a uk based engineer and when I realised that the so called expert had limited experience decided to withdraw from the service. I now discover they can hold the deposit I made with paypal for up to five days before refunding. If I was cynical and made the basic calculation that 10, 000 people had preferred to opt out then justanswers.com would make a lot of bank interest on the funds they are holding.

• Bl
    blademan2010 Jan 14, 2010

i agree with what i read here its seems like a scam i have asked for a refund its been 12 hours since i posted my question and i am still waiting for a reply

• Mo
    mobrian Mar 01, 2010

Anytime you use a credit card for any type of authorization your funds can be held for a few days. It is common for gas/petrol stations to authorize and hold funds from your card for more than the purchase to make sure the funds are available.

I've used them and it was great. $18 answer saved me $60.

Brian from Missouri USA

• Ju
    justwantedanswers1952 Feb 12, 2011

I am steaming about my dealing with this site. Had a question regarding TV. After submitting my credit card info x3 which they say was rejected by their processor, I called them and found out my info had been accepted and charged $25 without my permission!! After talking more,
    the more they hem-hawed around, denying a charge and
    NEVER ANSWERED ANY QUESTION!! What a scam! Don't GO THERE!

Resolved I was charged double the price agreed

I aked for advice regarding my dog. I agreed a price £11. 00, but they took £22. 00 from my account

Resolved double charged for service

I requested a service from Justanswer and was double billed on my credit card. I agreed to paying for the service rendered (R106.00) with commission but another R223.00 was also charged on my credit card. Can I please have my money credited to my account!!!

My email: [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected]@sanparks.org

Resolved Charge w / out results

They charge me $16. 20, but i didn't get any results. I want my money back. Thanks in advance. Jose l ortiz sr. [protected] address; 4419 mobilaire dr orlando, fl. 32822 and my e - mail is [protected]@cfl. Rr.com.