Menu
Home Depot Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Home Depot
reviews & complaints

www.homedepot.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 2400 Reviews

Home Depot Complaints Summary

231 Resolved
2151 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Home Depot's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Home Depot has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Home Depot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Home Depot reviews & complaints

L
12:15 pm EDT

Home Depot - Samsung dryer model dve50r5400w/a3

Home Depot/Asurion failed to complete their part of the Home Depot 5 yr protection plan I purchased with the dryer on 1/8/2020. The process of filing a claim, providing requested info like receipts, photos and finally getting a confirmed repair appointment was very frustrating and I was never able to get the appt for repair. Three separate appointments were...

View 0 more photos
G
2:41 pm EDT

Home Depot Kitchen remodel

The Home Depot contractor had 4 days to reface the kitchen cabinets. The contractor left my job unfinished. Lack of correct materials was the main reason. That was a month ago. No one of any customer support will call or contact me as to how much longer my job will be delayed. My customer contacts are;

Shayla, and Taylor [protected] ext 512, or 511. The Home Depot finance company was the first to contact me, they want their money whether the job is started, underway, or finished. Home Depot needs to keep the customers informed. I want my kitchen finished and up to a quality standard. I have lost all confidence in the Home Depot. My name and address of the job site.

Gregg Olsen

508 Yosemite Trl

Mesquite, TX 75149

Desired outcome: I want to be kept up to date on the progress of my home improvement project.

P
4:55 pm EDT

Home Depot - Auto pay function stopped and a payment due was missed

I pride myself in keeping my bills paid in full--on time--with using "auto-pay" functions for my credit cards. In August, 2023, my Home Depot Card (handled through CITI Bank) had the account number changed with a new account number issued by action of CITI Bank and not at my request. At no point on the bank originated account change was I notified the "auto...

2:21 pm EDT

Home Depot - Kerosene heater rental

I rented a kerosene heater from the Home Depot at 3461 Joseph Rd. Cincinnati OH 45251. I picked it up around 9:30 am on 10/28/23. Justin in tool rental told me that the tank should be full (of kerosene). But when he checked it seemed to be very little left. He also said the fuel gushed didn’t seem to be working. I asked him if I could go get a gas can so...

O
9:23 am EDT

Home Depot Warranty company not wanting to fix my dryer

I called the Warranty Protection Plan to file a claim. The do not want to send a repair person out for my dryer, that is 17 months old. It's a simple fix, a fuse. The dryer tumbles, the lint traps are clear, it just will not heat. This is unacceptable . You pay money for the appliance, plus a protection plan, but they don't want to fix. I can't afford to pay out of pocket for a service call and the part in the hopes I may be reimbursed the cost.

Desired outcome: Have my dryer fixed

L
12:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot non delivery of special order

The order number is H3016-402599

the order was not delivered. I have NOT been able to talk to anyone about this order even though I have called 15+ times and got no answer...or got people who knows nothing...people who transfers the call to offices that do not answer the phone...people who hang up the phone,,,,,,people who cannot help solve the issue. People at your corporate number [protected] who kept me on the line until they reached someone at the store before they transferred the call. Once they transferred me to the store, no one at thestore is available that can help, the callgets transferred to offices that do not answer the phone, or the call drops or the phone hangs up.

I would like to know where is my merchandise that I already paid for? What compensation can I expect for all of the aggravation and inconviences that I have experienced?:

Desired outcome: delivery of the merchandise.compensation for the aggravation and inconviences of waiting all day Saturday and not being able to speak to someone/anyone who has the intellect to help,

V
11:13 am EDT

Home Depot Rental services

Confirmation for Oct 21, 2023 @ STORE 1246 RESERVATION ID: 5139370

I was having problems with the system glitching, so I called above reference store and Tim, a manager, helped me reserve the cargo van after which I received a confirmation via email.

I was notified yesterday that the person before me wanted the van another day so it would be unavailable. Lack of planning on their part, does not warrant me losing my reservation. A message was left, and I contacted the store as soon as I was done working. I spoke with Witherspoon who took the information down and said they would try to find out what was going on.

I have not heard back. The reservation had a confirmation, so it was available, or a message would've come through sooner than yesterday.

I will be contacting the ATTORNEY GENERAL'S office in NJ since that is where corporate is listed and filing a complaint for unfair practices.

When someone says BUT you can use it Sunday, that tells me they have decided to extend the rental and are deciding my schedule based on the small amount of time I needed the van, and I am not okay with that.

I was told the only issue would be if they did not return it on time. Calling in and extending the rental is does not fall under returning it on time. It falls under moving one reservation for another.

I will wait until tomorrow to file as you can file 24/7 and allow the Henrietta Store time to rectify this matter. I will also be writing a google review and will then update it when and if the matter is resolved. Even a kind discussion and respect for my schedule could've warranted a better outcome. Unfortunately, I wasn't given that respect.

MaryLee Almekinder

Desired outcome: I would like admittance of wrong-doing and compensation for my time. I can send a pic of the confirmation but you should have that since you sent it.

G
9:41 am EDT

Home Depot - Pressure treated privacy fencing

On 6/24/2022 I purchased 40 pressure treated privacy fence panel; 40 timbers and 40 bags of quick crete; On 4/20/23 I purchased another 13 fence panels. The panels were installed 8/22 and remainder 4/23; Less than one year later numerous panels were warping/splitting, etc. I contacted Home Depot in Wentzville, MO and was told to take pictures, put them on a...

S
4:46 pm EDT

Home Depot Pro Referral

We have had a very bad experience with a referral contractor. Pro referrals seems to be a subsidiary of Home Depot. They are unable to have the contractor make good on his shoddy workmanship. He installed shower with walls upside down and is not willing to make good. Does Home depot stand behind the work and help make good on the job? This looks veery bad and I do not want to go to posting negative reviews on social media but I don't know where to turn to.

Date of job completion 9/24/23

Sam Birel

C [protected]

[protected]@msn.com

Desired outcome: full refund or no charge replacement ( preferred )

View 0 more photos
1 comment
Mr. Helpful
Los Angeles, US
Oct 20, 2023 6:48 pm EDT

Hi Sam.

We'd like to assist.

Did you sign off on a completed job?

J
10:53 am EDT

Home Depot - Not price matching

On Oct. 9, 2023 I was online looking for a new refrigerator on the Home Depot website. I found one so I saved it and then searched for the same refrigerator on other websites. I found the same one at Best Buy on sale for $1,000.00 less. So I contacted the Home Depot at 20101 LaGrange Road Frankfort, IL 60423 and talked to Sam in appliance and the first...

12:11 pm EDT

Home Depot A walk in tub

I purchased a walk-in tub from Home Depot back in April of this year. It was installed professionally by a plumber in July of this year. It was tested prior to install, and I filled out the warranty information. The first time I used it, the air jets stopped after 4 minutes, I had my contractor look at it as well as another opinion from a Wirenut. Plumber. They both came to the same conclusion. The pump for the air jet was faulty and shut off after 4 minutes. I started multiple conversations with Home products, they talked to me at first, and even sent out a pump, but it was the wrong one, it was for the water Jets, not the air jets. I have countless hours into this, at least 15 e-mails, phone calls, text, sending pictures, and dealing with the store directly. I would just buy a pump here and get it fixed, but they are not available anywhere. Please take a look at my case and help me. I am a 59 year old woman who has dreamed of having a Walkin tub for 20 years, and now that I got one, and spent the money, it won't work! My order number is CP67829053. My name is Marsha Bell. [protected]. my Contractor is Jesse Ruff, from Ruff to finish construction, [protected]. It has been 3 months, and I just want my tub to work. Thank you. The pump we need is a LX AIR BLOWER MODEL APW700-1 E329871 MOTOR POWER P 700W CLASS 105(A) 110 VOLT,

THANK YOU. Marsha Bell

Desired outcome: Send the correct pump so my contractor can fix the tub.

R
11:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot Went to Home Depot to buy 4x8 MDF…

Went to Home Depot to buy 4x8 MDF board, cut into 5 pieces+/- 3/4", they refused. Called precision cut and would not do it. Went to Lowes,

HomeDepot Coporate Complaint Desk

478 ! 270 ! 1220

they had no problem. This kind of service iis why I usually shop Lowes. Will never return. If I need something quick, I will just buy online and overnight, if I cannot find at Lowes or other, Home improvement stores

1:31 pm EDT

Home Depot Poor Quality Tile Installation

Home Depot uses USIG to save money at the customer expense. It has been over a month trying to resolve the poor tile installation. I spoke Carina @ the Silverlake location with a temporary resolution because USIG provide incorrect information. USIG sent an inexperienced installer with no pride in the quality of work the customer pays for. Home Depot completed the selection of materials and the main they wanted to discuss was cost. I went to the Silverlake to pay as instructed and had to wait almost an hour for someone to come to Flooring. I was exhaust, frustrated and livid at Home Depot but USIG was worse. For the 4th time in USIG sent an installer to correct the tile issue, USIG District Manager (Ahmad) breezed through the areas then told more what they couldn’t do rather than what they will do. This USIG District Manager is very dismissive, rude and think customers are stupid.

Desired outcome: Correct their poor quality job without any additional customer charge.

R
9:33 pm EDT

Home Depot Rubbermaid Shelf

When the price sticker advertises this shelf as 10" x48" and its states the same thing when you ring it up, thats what I expect it to be. I had them cut this shelf, needing a 28" and 2- 10" pieces. After he cut the first piece then it was brought to my attention one of the 10" would be short by .4 of an inch. If someone needs exact for a project, them that's what they need. Since he had already cut it, I had to go buy another $ 12.98 shelf to get one 10" board. This is deceptive and I guess you have to get a magnifier and read the small print on the item to know what it is since Home Depot is falsely advertising the product. I'm going to start reading all the labels or shop somewhere else if this is their practice..

Desired outcome: I want an explanation and a refund for 1 on these shelves.

V
12:44 pm EDT

Home Depot - Confusion and miscommunication regarding item that was ordered

On 9/25/23 I submitted the order for Cesica 6 piece outdoor conversation set with coffee cushion and received confirmation via email shortly. This item has been on the save later list for about 3 weeks. Later in the evening, I received a txt message informing me that the set with the coffee cushion was of stock and asked if I would consider the one with the...

E
12:23 pm EDT

Home Depot Weber grill

I purchased a weber grill approximately three months ago at the Home Depot store in Matthews, North Carolina for about $500.00 dollars. I apparently paid for the grill in cash. I have owned many Weber Grills in the past and have been very pleased with the quality. However I have experienced a number of issues with this particular purchase and after many attempts to correct the issues over the phone with Weber Grills they sent a technician to my home to fix the problem on a Saturday morning and he seemed to correct the issue. However the problem kept returning. I then decided to contact Home Depot to get a replacement grill. They agreed but stated that I would have to deliver the grill to their Matthews, N.C. location. I stated that this was not possible since it would not fit into my Lexus. They then stated that I would have to rent a truck from them to bring the grill to their Matthews location and I would have to pay them for the cost for this transportation. Once I delivered the grill to the store and asked for the replacement they stated that I apparently had not paid for the original grill. This did not make sense to me and I told them I often paid in cash for purchases and possibly that was the problem but they have refused to deliver the new grill. I am a former executive of two fortune 100 companies and I have owned my own accounting firm for the past 30 thirty years. I would like to resolve this issue without going to litigation. Please respond to this correspondence as soon as possible. Ernie Kraft [protected]

Desired outcome: I would definitely like to avoid litigation and have the new grill delivered to myhome asap.

C
12:03 pm EDT

Home Depot Delivery & set-up Washer

We paid for a clothes washer about two weeks ago. We were told the item was not in stock and had to be ordered and we were told it would be delivered/installed on 5 October. On the 5th my wife stayed home; but nothing was delivered nor were we notified by the store [Decherd Tennessee] of any change of the delivery date. I went to the store to find out what the problem was. They seemed unaware of their obligation to deliver the washer. After fiddling around on their computer; they claimed the contracted delivery service had had some sort of problem and the delivery date was now changed to 10 October. We were never notified of the delivery problem or the change of delivery date and the 'service desk' personnel seemed to be rather unconcerned about their failure to notify us of the change of delivery date. It is unprofessional and inconsiderate at best.

Desired outcome: Keep the customer informed and at least pretend that you care about the problem ...

J
3:08 pm EDT

Home Depot Home depot will not allow a non-profit organization

Home Depot will not allow a non-profit organization to use a $550 refund card!Our volunteer ambulance corps purchased $4,000 of vinyl flooring from Home depot in May 2022. We returned the extra flooring.

Home Depot Corporate Complaint Desk 478 ! 270 ! 1220

We attempted to use the cards for a large purchase in September 2023. The cards were tied to a driver's license number that we suspect belonged to our captain who has since passed away.

Home Depot has refused to allow us to use the balance on the cards. A 90-minute phone call was made to corporate customer service and we were assured we would be able to use the cards. Today, the store manager called and said that he will not let us use the balance on the cards.

Home Depot claims that they are honoring first responders in October. Our experience shows otherwise.

Update by JUDITH9100
Oct 04, 2023 2:56 pm EDT

Home Depot Frustrating Lack of Communication and Information, Seeking RefundI want my money back. The bathtub were okay, but the lack of information and communication from home depot was frustrating.

Home Depot Corporate Complaint line 478 ! 270 ! 1220

Their website is easy to navigate and their prices are competitive.

Update by JUDITH9100
Oct 04, 2023 2:58 pm EDT

Home Depot Corporate Complaint line helped me 478 ! 270 ! 1220

Their website is easy to navigate and their prices are competitive.

First of all, there's no return policy. And they don't tell you that when you buy something! So, if you get something that's not what you expected, tough luck. They make you jump through all these hoops, asking for pictures and screenshots and all that, just to stall and not give you a refund. It's like they're trying to rob you!...

8:56 am EDT

Home Depot Returns

I recently went in to two of your stores (Patchogue & Deer Park, NY), looking to purchase a dishwasher. While shopping I spoke to two sales associates and asked if the dishwasher was returnable within 48 hours and both times I was informed they were, in fact one stated "everything is returnable". That information encouraged me to make my purchase. The dishwasher was delivered to me last Friday and within 15 minutes I became aware this was not the right fit. I then called my local Home Depot to see if I could return the dishwasher tthere because I purchased it in a different Home Depot. I was informed by an associate in appliances you do not take back big appliances. I explained I was told twice, in two different stores that a return was promised to me. She told me to call the 800 number on the card left with me which I did. After explaining to the person what happened she put me on hold for 15 minutes because she had to call samsung. Samsung said I had buyer's remorse and would not take it back. She instructed me to call the store and speak to the manager which I did. Upon answering the phone, the man told me thee store manager wasn't in. He neglected to tell me he was the assistant manager until I asked for that person. He refused to do anything but switched me to the appliance supervisor. I believe her name is Janice and she could not have been any nicer. I told her what happened, and she needed to make some calls and got back to me within 15 minutes. She informed me she would take the appliance back but we would be charged a 15% restocking fee...

Desired outcome: I would not have bought it

T
4:01 pm EDT

Home Depot Do yourself a favor and skip home depot!!

We ordered a refrigerator from Home Depot it was damaged. The delivery service they have is some 3rd party company and they are awful. The company came to pick up the refrigerator and the two guys had a strong smell of marijauna. They had absolutely no idea why they were even at our house. They were going to deliver items to us and until I told them no you’re here to pick up a refrigerator. They had no idea how to carry a refrigerator looked like the first time they even did it. While taking it down the stairs they damaged our hallway and damaged the flooring in our kitchen. We ordered a dishwasher a microwave and refrigerator from them. When you spend hundreds of dollars on appliances you expect professional people to show up and do a good job. You will not get that with Home Depot. You can try to reach out about the issue but you will get nowhere.

Home Depot Customer Reviews Overview

Home Depot is a leading home improvement retailer that offers a wide range of products and services to customers across the United States. With over 2,200 stores and a robust online presence, Home Depot has become a go-to destination for homeowners and contractors alike.

The company has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers, with many praising the quality of its products, the helpfulness of its staff, and the convenience of its online shopping experience. Customers have also noted the competitive pricing and frequent sales and promotions offered by Home Depot.

In addition to its retail offerings, Home Depot has also received high marks for its installation services, which include everything from flooring and countertops to windows and doors. Customers have praised the professionalism and expertise of Home Depot's installation teams, as well as the quality of the finished product.

Overall, Home Depot is a trusted and reliable source for all of your home improvement needs. Whether you're looking to tackle a DIY project or hire a professional, Home Depot has the products, services, and expertise to help you get the job done right.

Home Depot In-depth Review

Product Selection:

The range of products available at Home Depot is impressive. They offer a wide variety of items for all your home improvement needs. Whether you're looking for tools, appliances, or building materials, you'll find it here.

Quality of Products:

The quality of the products at Home Depot is top-notch. They only carry reputable brands and ensure that their products meet high standards. You can trust that anything you purchase from them will be durable and reliable.

Availability of Brands:

Home Depot offers a great selection of brands, making it easy to find your preferred choice. They have partnerships with many well-known brands, ensuring that you have plenty of options to choose from.

Pricing:

Home Depot offers competitive pricing on their products. You'll find that their prices are often comparable or even lower than other retailers. They strive to provide customers with affordable options for their home improvement needs.

Price Match Guarantee:

Home Depot has a price match guarantee, which means that if you find a lower price on an identical item elsewhere, they will match it. This ensures that you're getting the best possible price when shopping at Home Depot.

Discounts and Promotions:

Home Depot frequently offers discounts and promotions on their products. They have regular sales events and special deals, allowing customers to save even more on their purchases. Keep an eye out for these promotions to get the best deals.

Customer Service:

The staff at Home Depot are knowledgeable and experienced. They can provide expert advice and assistance with any questions or concerns you may have. You can rely on their expertise to help you make informed decisions.

Responsiveness:

Home Depot prides itself on its responsive customer service. Whether you have a question, need assistance, or have an issue with a product, their team is quick to respond and resolve any problems you may encounter.

Assistance with Product Selection:

The staff at Home Depot are always ready to help you with product selection. They can provide recommendations based on your specific needs and guide you towards the best options. You can count on their assistance to find the right products for your projects.

Online Shopping Experience:

The Home Depot website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The design is clean and intuitive, making it simple to find the products you're looking for. Browsing through their extensive catalog is a breeze.

Product Descriptions and Images:

Home Depot provides detailed product descriptions and high-quality images on their website. This allows you to get a clear understanding of the products before making a purchase. You can trust that what you see online is what you'll receive.

Checkout Process:

The checkout process at Home Depot is smooth and efficient. They offer various payment options and ensure that your personal information is secure. You can complete your purchase with confidence and ease.

In-Store Experience:

The store layout at Home Depot is well-organized, making it easy to find what you need. The aisles are clearly labeled, and the products are neatly displayed. You won't have to spend unnecessary time searching for items.

Availability of Products:

Home Depot strives to keep their shelves stocked with a wide range of products. You'll rarely encounter out-of-stock items, ensuring that you can find what you need when you need it.

Assistance from Staff:

The staff at Home Depot are always available to assist you during your in-store experience. They are friendly, approachable, and willing to help. If you have any questions or need guidance, don't hesitate to ask for their assistance.

Delivery Options:

Home Depot offers various delivery options to suit your needs. Whether you prefer home delivery or in-store pickup, they have you covered. You can choose the option that is most convenient for you.

Timeliness of Delivery:

Home Depot is known for their prompt delivery service. They strive to deliver your products in a timely manner, ensuring that you receive them when expected. You can rely on their efficient delivery process.

Packaging and Condition of Products:

Home Depot takes great care in packaging their products to ensure they arrive in excellent condition. They use sturdy packaging materials and take precautions to prevent any damage during transit. You can expect your products to be well-protected.

Return Policy:

Home Depot has a fair and flexible return policy. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within a specified timeframe for a refund or exchange. They make the return process hassle-free.

Ease of Returns:

Returning items to Home Depot is a straightforward process. They have dedicated return counters in-store, and their online return process is simple to follow. You can expect a smooth and hassle-free experience.

Refund Process:

Home Depot processes refunds promptly once they receive your returned items. They ensure that you receive your refund in a timely manner, making the process as convenient as possible.

Local Community Involvement:

Home Depot is actively involved in the local community. They support various community initiatives and organizations, making a positive impact in the areas they serve. You can feel good about supporting a company that gives back.

Environmental Initiatives:

Home Depot is committed to environmental sustainability. They have implemented various initiatives to reduce their environmental impact, such as recycling programs and energy-efficient products. By shopping at Home Depot, you're supporting their efforts towards a greener future.

Philanthropic Efforts:

Home Depot is dedicated to making a difference through philanthropy. They contribute to charitable organizations and disaster relief efforts, helping those in need. By choosing Home Depot, you're supporting their philanthropic endeavors.

Overall Experience:

Overall, my experience with Home Depot has been excellent. They offer a wide range of high-quality products at competitive prices. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, both in-store and online. Their delivery service is prompt, and their return process is hassle-free. I appreciate their commitment to the community and the environment. I highly recommend Home Depot for all your home improvement needs.

Likelihood to Recommend:

I would highly recommend Home Depot to others. Their extensive product selection, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service make them a top choice for home improvement needs. You won't be disappointed with your experience.

Value for Money:

Home Depot offers great value for money. Their products are of high quality, and their prices are competitive. You'll get the best bang for your buck when shopping at Home Depot.

How to file a complaint about Home Depot?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Home Depot. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Home Depot Online Purchase" or "Poor Customer Service at Home Depot Store #123".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Home Depot. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the product or service.
  • Specific details of the incident, including dates, locations, and any relevant staff interactions.
  • Any communication you've had with Home Depot regarding the issue, including emails, calls, or in-person conversations.
  • Steps you've taken to resolve the problem and the responses received from Home Depot.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or emotional distress.
Remember to be factual and include as much relevant information as possible to support your complaint.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, photos of the product, or any other evidence that substantiates your claim. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or personal identification numbers.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Home Depot. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, exchange, apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. Check for spelling and grammatical errors as they can affect the credibility of your complaint.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, make sure to regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution of your issue.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Home Depot contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Home Depot?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.