Home Depot — cancellation request
On June 1st, 2006 I placed an order on Homedepot.com. I had also placed other orders with different companies that day that were for bulkier items (like a fridge and an a/c unit) and I received those in a week's time. I kept trying to track my order on Homedepot.com tracking page and for over 2 weeks, it said the same thing. 'Order is being processed in our warehouse'. 14 days after I placed the order, I called their customer service. She didn't know much but put in a request to the warehouse to show was going on and ask that I call back 24-48 hours. 2 days later, I called and got a very rude woman who was so useless and snippy with me with her lack of wanting to give me information that I went from wanting to track my order to telling her I wanted to cancel my order. She said that she would put in the 'request' to cancel it but if they shipped it, it was too late. I asked her if there was someone else I could talk to about this and she said 'No, there is no one else'. Two days later, I called to make sure the order had been cancelled. This CSR was more helpful, said that it didn't show any request had been filed and that it shipped today but since there was no tracking number it was probably still there but she was transferring my call to the head office because they knew more (gee, I guess I was lied to about anyone else I could talk to). So, I talked to Jill (after being on hold for 25 minutes!!!). She said that it showed it was shipped today but they didn't have a tracking number for it. The funny thing is, I had a feeling this would happen. I felt like I was being dragged around, they purposely made canceling an order extremely difficult when ordering a product can be done with a press of a button. I don't understand that in an age where satellites, Internet, phones, faxes and emails exists, why in the blazes would it take so this long to process a cancellation request? Sounds fishy to me.
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card!
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - employees
- Hampton Bay - outside solar lamps model #79339 79330
- Home Depot - Hot Water Heaters - unfair installation charges
- Home Depot - Customer safety during covid 19
- Home Depot - unethical charges-home depot home improver credit card
- Home Depot - will never buy anything from them again
- Home Depot - appliance delivery order w838836677