Having problems with Ace Hardware?

Ace Hardware reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 5, 2006. The latest review Customer service experience was posted on Jun 5, 2021. The latest complaint ace rewards program was resolved on Feb 14, 2018. Ace Hardware has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 201 reviews. Ace Hardware has resolved 18 complaints.

Ace Hardware Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ace Hardware Customer Service. Initial Ace Hardware complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ace Hardware above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ace Hardware. Discuss the issues you have had with Ace Hardware and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ace Hardware Complaints & Reviews

Jun 05, 2021

ACE Hardware in Apache Junction, AZ — Customer service experience

I don't know why I keep trying to shop there as my experiences every time match the horrible service my...

Ace HardwareCustomer service

Coachella- California location. I went to return a new dewalt drill because i didn't noticed it was a 12volt so I needed a 20 volt. I asked for a returned or exchange. Jorge-manager at the time said to wait 20 minutes or come back another day because h needed his manager's help.According to him he couldn't do return/exchange because he wasn't properly train. Are you really going to put a manager without training? Shame on hiring/managing department. People/customers don't have the time to wait 20 minutes or come back another day for a return. I have never ever had an experience this bad at an Ace store, usually all your employees are well trained.

Customer service

Ace HardwareToro Lawnmower

Poor Customer Service-Poor Quality Control
    Bought a Toro lawnmower less than a month ago. First one was defective. Brought it back. Second one was defective (same problem). Now, I have a bad taste in my mouth and asked for a refund. Ace says "NO. Once the unit has gas inside it we don't give refunds." That seems just swell because I don't know how You TEST a lawnmower WITHOUT putting gas in it.
    POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE-POOR QUALITY CONTROL

Ace HardwareOnline order refused after accepting payment

I haver made an online purchase from Ace Hardware Kuwait Online site https://acekuwait.com/shop and paid the amount from my bank.
      After 10 days when I enquire they say the order is showing cancelled. I have not received any email communication regarding the reason for cancelling my order. Neither they refunded the cash paid till now.
      The website still shows the item as available to order, then why they refused my order.
      Reference: Ace Kuwait - Order confirmation: 20201004O0008

Online order refused after accepting payment

• Fu
          Funky fresh Feb 27, 2021

Macy's Roseville Galleria in Roseville Ca has 3 "undercover security officers" in their 2 floor department store. Their Head is a 5'7 overweight short haired Hispanic female, 1 white Male about the same height and build, and a skin-and-bone indian kid( has never known life apart from family) w/ low/no immunity who looks like she hasn't hit puberty yet/vain. She's deathly afraid of coronavirus. You can literally break her in 2.Only 1 balding white male wearing a white shirt, black pants, and red jacket and beer belly is their door guard.. Cameras are everywhere. Men's section upstairs has expensive jackets, etc ($500 and up) and cologne even more expensive. 1 floor is women's cologne (also $$), go through either handbag's($$$) door or dress's door and walk straight ahead and run into jewelery/escalators (where men's jewel encrusted diamond rings start at $4, 500). They're used to common typical diversions. Major store staff there have been demoted and since coronavirius they have no real power/authority to detain you. Their biggest weapon of choice is "coercion". Make sure you remove license plates from your vehicle 1st before trying anything. Keypads are used to secure doors. At night roll up doors give the appearance doors are locked but dress / handbag doors have an open far left door you enter, and turn left and there's another door with a keypad and once you enter you're inside, walking straight ahead to jewelery. Jewelery case is concealed by black hard plastic slates covering all sides of the plexi glass(?) and minor stuff around the jewelery is trivial. They have a $5, 000 insurance policy. Outside 1st floor mall entrance is their coat store($$) and swimwear. 1st floor by elevators is doubledoors. Go through turn left and on the wall on the left is a little red box with store keys near executive offices. Shipping/receiving and store security dept are past elevators in mens section

Ace Hardwareled light bulbs

I first wrote in April and then repeatedly after, almost never receiving an answer other than an automated one. I purchased a package of four 10 year LED bulbs, and one burned out in less than three years. I supplied what evidence I could after all that time and was ignored, rebuffed, or denied multiple times. All I wanted was a replacement bulb. The only human contact I can remember recommended that I contact the manufacturer when clearly ACE is stamped on each bulb along with MADE IN CHINA. What kind of luck do you reckon I would have speaking to the manufacturer in China?

Sep 11, 2020

Ace Hardware — Veteran discount and survey

I visited store #00585 today and was told they don't give veteran discounts any longer. I was also told...

Ace HardwareInternet order

Do not do business with ace hardware over the internet. I repeat. Do not do business with ace hardware over the internet. I ordered a grill that supposedly came with free shipping and assembly. Because my local ace store did not for some reason participate in the offer, I was told that I would have to pay shipping. I then told them that I wanted to cancel my order. I was then told that I could not, even though the order had not shipped. I was told to simply refuse to accept the order when it arrived. I did that two weeks ago. After not hearing from them I checked to see if they had credited my card. Of course not! I then sent them a series of emails and have received not one response. Their customer service line is a total exercise in futility. I do like my local ace store, but as I said before do not do business with ace hardware over the internet! Jeff

Ace HardwareOrdered a living assent fire pit on sale online

My order was cancelled with no explanation, so I called the store hoping to get a explanation why my order was cancelled. Lady said she would call and find out reason and call me back. Waited all day and no follow call that day. I called cooperate and was on hold fifteen minutes so I hung up. I called cooperate the next day and waited one hour and 15 minutes still no one picked up so I hung up the phone. Then I called the store back that I was to pick up the fire pit from and Lady said cooperate wouldn't call her back and she would not answer her calls either. Poor company to deal with and I vowed to not do business with ACE hardware ever again. Do not waste your time many better companies that want your business and will deliver or offer explanation. I did get a refund when order was cancelled only positive comment.

May 05, 2020

Ace Hardware — An employee

I have been an Ace hardware customer for over 15 years and cannot even begin to tell you how much money...

Ace HardwarePaid for product but have not received order

I placed on online order with Ace Hardware on 4/15/2020, I received a confirmation email stating my order would be available for pick up on 4/20/2020. Today is 4/28/2020 and I still have not received my order nor has anyone from Ace Hardware given me any information as to when I might receive. I have sent multiple emails that have gone unanswered and spent over an hour on hold and once I finally spoke with a representative, He was rude and still was not able to tell me where my order is. Whatever happened to real customer service and people that actually cared about their customers?

Apr 11, 2020

Ace Hardware — Employee disregarding social distancing during this covid outbreak

This morning I was forced to go out and make a copy of a work door key. This Ace was closest to my home, so...

Shasta Lake
                Apr 10, 2020

Ace Hardware — purchase of a fob key for my new car

I purchased a Duracell fob for my new Dodge Caravan at store #14867 on 3/8/2020, for $183.38. Your clerk said...

Mar 18, 2020

Ace Hardware — was told I couldn't return items bought

So me and my wife were moving and the place was trashed from previous tenants, I told the owner I would do t...

Mar 15, 2020

Ace Hardware — no customer service and other

I just returned from my local Ace Hardware in Lafayette, Sunday morning, after store opened about 9 am. I had...

Mar 01, 2020

Ace Hardware — Just Informing

I was an employee at fullmers about 4-5 month ago, when a fullmer actually owned the place and for a while...

Gunnison
                Dec 30, 2019

Ace Hardware — arrogant salesman

I would like to make a formal complaint with one of your sales agent at Ace Hardware SM Tarlac branch. The...

Nov 24, 2019

Ace Hardware — official complaint against store manager/ inappropriate behavior

Dear Sir or Madam: I am writing this letter to inform you of the inappropriate behavior and unwanted sexual...

Oct 31, 2019

Ace Hardware — employees/staff conduct and behavior.

I walked in at 6:19 and was kicked out by 6:20. I was approached by 2 employees total one almost right after...

Ace Hardwaresmoke alarms

I buy from your store in Manado Indonesia- I purchase smoke alarms that clearly state 10 year warranty on the box, I try and return it and the store says this warranty does not apply. If it doesn't apply dont keep the packaging !! The stores in Indonesia seem to only warranty for 30 days- this is false advertising when you sell an item and it clearly states 10 year warranty. Another famous one is lifetime warranty- what does that mean in Indonesia!!! submitted by jeremy- [protected]@manadosafaris.com

Ace Hardwareservice

I choose to shop at Ace because of the customer service. I've been a building contractor for 18 years. My family as a whole avoids Lowe's and Home Depot because of the lack of customer service. Your establishment is in a league of their own. This is why I encourage others to shop at ACE. I know that it costs more but it's a small price to pay when you can get help when you need it and not have someone look at you and say "I have no idea where they keep the caulk guns." I went in to the Sumter SC store today and saw that they were having a forty percent off sale on certain power tools. I went through the line and was hacking on my phone and didn't realize until I was out of the store that they had charged me full price. So I turned around and went to the customer service desk. He looked at me and walked back to make sure the information I was giving him was correct. I didn't get out of the store for another thirty minutes. They literally sent three different employees back to check. Made me feel like a criminal. I have never had a bad experience with ACE until
                  Today. It took nothing short of an act of God to get my money back. The customer service desk should have handled it themselves. Especially when they can see that it was the stores fault. Instead he checks and then sends me to stand in yet another line. Then when I get to that cashier she is clueless as to what I am talking about. Two people later and now we have to get a manager override. I was more disgusted by the fact that I felt as though if I didn't have tattoos and look like a working man they wouldn't have spent so much time making sure that I wasn't trying to pull something on them. I think that I will be doing business with Lowe's from now on. I'm going to encourage my father to take his business accounts elsewhere as well. I don't ever want to feel like I am being judged by my age, color or creed and it was fairly obvious to me today that I was judged definitely on my appearance and for that I will go the extra mile to purchase all of my building supplies, guns, ammo, hunting gear ect somewhere else.

Zac