Home Depot Credit CardI urge all of you never to get this credit card!

T

For all you credit card haters out there, I have a good one for you. I signed up for a Home Depot Credit Card run by Citigroup for the promotional $25 off your first purchase. I did not receive the card, or any further communication from them. The first time I heard from them, it was their collections department in a nasty call telling me to pay my bill. I informed Citibank that I had not received my first bill, let alone my card yet. I asked him the address they were sending the card to, and apparently someone put the wrong one in. They even had the return to sender in the system. I gave him my new address and he said he would sent out the bill. Then he informs me that now I have a $29 late fee to pay as well. I asked him how I can pay without getting a bill? OK NOW GET THIS:

He tells me 'Getting your bill is your responsibility'!!! I asked him if he was kidding me and he said no. Even though they typed in the wrong address, they're going to charge me a late fee for something 'I'm supposed to do' Who do they think they are? I'm supposed to magically know how much to pay, where to send it, etc.?

I asked this, so he said 'well you should have looked at your statement online.' Fair enough, lets get this taken care of right now, I have perfect credit and don't want to ruin it. I log on while still on the phone and try to register to see my account online. Since I never got my card, "What is my account number?"

"I can't give that to you". I am a quiet, shy guy. Lets just say I have never shouted louder at someone in my life. I won't be doing business with Citi anymore in the future.

Citicard - GONE
Circuit City - GONE
Goodyear - GONE
Men's Wearhouse - GONE
MBNA - GONE
Discovercard - GONE
Home Depot - GONE

To all you credit cards out there, your in-store offers may be enticing. But in the end, its just not worth it. Your rude customer service, over the top interest rates, exorbitant late and over limit fees, your idiotic reasoning. I urge all of you NEVER to get another credit card. Cut up the ones you have, don't sign up for any new ones. These people are predators and the way they change their customer agreements (especially interest rates) should be investigated by your states attorney generals. I'm done with them, I hope I've convinced at least one other person to be, also.

• Lu
    Lucy Brouda Nov 20, 2020

I also have a problem with Home Depot credit card. I brought to Home Depot store #6325 at Delray Beach FL the check #256 with amount of $800.00. This money didn't get to my credit card account. Someone keeps $800.00 for four month already, and Home Depot credit card service doesn't work to look for where this money is now and why this money didn't get to my account. TD has full information about this check:

payment amount -$800.00, payment date-7/17/2020, electronic check #256,
    Home Depot store #6325
    trace #[protected], company ID #[protected], ACH transaction processed though PNC bank

• Bw
    bwe1947 Jul 30, 2019

I opened a Home Depot card on 06/11/2019 with the promise of $25.00 off my first purchase of $ 25.00 or more. On 06/21/2019 I charged $ 50.28. I never received my discount..Call after call went nowhere..Finally they denied my dispute with no explanation.. It is now 07/30/2019..SCAM !!! I will pay this bill and have cut my card up.

• Mu
    Muhe Apr 09, 2019

I used the Home Depot Credit Card Serviced by City Bank promotional card. In February 2019, I paid off my last balance of 450. In March, unbeknown to me, 1.15 showed up in my account and apparently the promotional period ended. For this I was charged an interest of 250, late charge of 27, another interest charge of 3 a total 285. All because they claim, I did not pay 1.50.
    If this is not a scam business, I don't know what it. This is coming from one of the most power banking institutions in the world. How can you fight that.

• De
    Destra Mar 04, 2019

HOME DEPOT SCAMS YOU BY LURING YOU INTO FALSE CREDIT CARD PROMOTION TO GET $25 OFF FIRST PURCHASE UNDER $999 & $100 OFF IF PURCHASE IS OVER $1000. WHEN SIGNING UP, YOU ALSO GET A $5 OFF VOUCHER SENT IN YOUR EMAIL BUT IF YOU USE THAT YOU WON'T GET YOUR INITIAL PROMOTION OF $25 FOR SIGNING UP THE CREDIT CARD. IT IS VERY BAD BUSINESS TO DUPE PEOPLE BY GETTING YOU TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR CREDIT CARD & AT THE SAME TIME GET A COUPON VOUCHER SENT TO YOUR EMAIL BUT IT DOESN'T TELL YOU THAT USING THIS $5 VOUCHER FOR SIGNING UP TO THEIR WEBSITE THAT YOU APPLY IT TO YOUR FIRST PURCHASE YOU WILL LOSE THE OTHER PROMOTION FOR OPENING A CREDIT CARD. IF I WERE TOLD THIS WHEN I CALLED TO OPEN THIS ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH I ASKED ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS I WAS ONLY TOLD IT WOULD BE CREDIT TO ME ON MY FIRST BILL WHICH IT WASN'T. I WAS LIED TO SO IF ANYONE LIKE ME WHO ONLY OPENED A CREDIT CARD WITH HOME DEPOT BEWARE OF FALSE ADVERTISING AND BEING LIED TO ON THE PHONE BEFORE I OPENED THIS ACCOUNT AND GET CHEATED OUT OF THE FIRST PURCHASE PROMOTION! SO AS I PAY THIS CARD OFF, I WILL NOT BE USING IT AGAIN OR BE A CUSTOMER AT HOME DEPOT. LOWES HAS BETTER DEALS SO WILL BE GOING THERE FOR NOW ON!

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@Destra If the credit was not issued correctly it can be resolved, however refusal to pay the monthly payments will end up costing $38+ in late fees and additional interest. In a calm and courteous a request can be made to correct the issue through The Home Depot Credit Services.

• Ba
    barto365 Feb 15, 2019

Home Depot credit card operations are run by thieves.
    I made a $1180 payment on my Home Depot account on line but it inadvertently was sent to a closed account (not my account). Home Depot accepted the money to a closed account and now refuses to return the funds. And won't even transfer funds to the correct account. THIEVES. Do not open a credit card with Home Depot

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@barto365 That is false, if the funds were applied to an incorrect account with your name not as the primary you should contact payment research via mail or fax and include the correct account number. It is the cardholders responsibility to identify the exact account number for payment, but this issue can be resolved. Applying your payment to a wrong persons account does not make CitiBank thieves, it means you made a mistake.

Joanne Kreuser Sep 26, 2018

I just posted a complaint about there false promo ad. Three hours of painful phone calls later they tell me that the ad for the $100 off your first purchase is really a $100 off your first $1000 purchase. Gee. If only I'd known.

My next call was back to them telling them to cancel the card and stuff it. Unfortunately, you get someone who's job it is to listen to us complain and be upset about things they don't control.

Now I just have to see if they really cancelled the account. Can't wait to see.

• Br
    bruce gibson Sep 25, 2018

I'm living my best life, my business partner who we worked together few months referred me to deepwebservice01 AT gmail DOT com when I was very broke because of some bad business decisions and i got a transfers of $75, 000 with their help. I was about going homeless but now i can pay my bills comfortably, they also help with credit repairs, credit card debts and so many hacks

Cheri Ashwood Aug 28, 2018

Oh wow! Must be some kind of scam they're running Tom R., I had that EXACT experience.

I applied for the card in store and a month later I received a coupon for "No interest, up to 24 months" and an attached letter that stated "You should've already received your card". I hadn't received a card, in fact I almost forgot I applied it had been so long!

I called customer service and was told "Oh it looks like your address is wrong in the computer and your card came back to us". I asked "Can it be resent"? I was told "We can't resend it until we receive payment." Worried about late fees and my credit being negatively affected I quickly went to the website to make a payment- oh wait, you can't make an online payment with out an account number. >.< So having no other choice I made a payment by phone.

Three days later I received what looked like a printout or photocopy of 2 statements, one regular and one late notice which DID NOT reflect the payment I had recently made. Clearly my address was correct in someone's computer since I got the coupon. I guess they corrected the other computer since they were able to send the statements... I NEVER RECEIVED A CARD. I of course called to cancel the card and close the account and in my search for where to file a formal complaint I ran across your review. Guess I'll be shopping at Lowe's from now on.

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@Cheri Ashwood The address entered into the mailing system is what is translated from the application to the credit center at the store level. On the application itself you will see above the signature line that payments are due within 25 days of the billing cycle or late fees up to $38 and possible interest charges can be added along with Citibanks contact info for payments and account inquiries. Citibank cannot release credit card numbers over the phone obviously, however they can change the address. The two statements you received in the mail were copies and don't reflect the payment because they were PREVIOUS COPIES, your NEXT statement will reflect the payment. Lowe's requires at least a little mental competency as well, so you may want to look elsewhere entirely.

• Me
    Meff May 17, 2018

Watch for $25 credit for opening new account. They will keep saying that it will be applied within 60 days, but it never does. Sometime they will say that you should have received a $25 coupon in email which is also a lie. Watch out.

John Schwartz1 Apr 03, 2018

We are just adding to the long saga of Home Depot Citybank Credit Card complaints. Like everyone, we thought the deferred promotional interest feature was a good deal to spread the cost of a kitchen refurbishing. The issue is that if the person who enters into a contract with the local Home Depot store falls ill during the 24 months promotional period and misses the deadline is immediately penalized with the deferred interest which is added to that person's bill. No exceptions made. Warnings of the impending closing date of the promotional period are only covered in the payment slips Citibank sends you, and no telephone warnings are made. Home Depot Credit Card is just another money trap making you pay exorbitant interest. We hope you read this BEFORE you sign up. Better still, avoid this card .

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@John Schwartz1 This is false, with any credit card you should consider the possibility of an illness or hardship and plan accordingly. Blaming Citibank for poor planning is not adhering to personal accountability. However, if a situation like a hardship, illness, loss of income etc. occurs, Citibank does have the ability to offer a forbearance treatment and potentially lower the payments to an amount the account holder can feasibly afford each month.

• Pi
    Pierre Sivya Oct 28, 2017

An insulation home depot contractor suggested me a 12 month interest free home depot credit card. After asking a few questions, I thought I was safe to get one. Then, I started paying it off, and making purchases at the same time. After, 8 months, I decided to pay it off completely. Unfortunately, I did the math after paying, only to find out I have paid $1262.37 in interest. My dispute reply came with a rebuke from citgroup telling me I didn't read the fine print about any purchase below $299. So, all purchases I made of less than $299 were submitted to a revolving interest. I am totally disappointed by this rip off.

• Pr
    princeville Oct 09, 2017

HomeDepot ...Improvement Card...Since Jul2017 ...Never Received MY CARD...They sent out 2 supposedly...The People on The Phone are scripted and in the Caribbean...I have spent Hours and hours on my days off calling them...And they say it takes 4 WEEKS To get a Card...Well I have requested a 2nd one...NEVER CAME...Saturday 45minutes on Phone...Today 25minutes...They are never able to contact a Supervisor, After I am on hold for 10minutes...They say the Supervisors must be Busy...????LOL...Sure...Also They said they are Not a Liberty to say Where the card comes from...I think Home Depot should be ashamed to be affiliated with this sort of Business...Shameful...

liz teevin Apr 14, 2019

@princeville Hi I also got roped into a Home Improvement Card got my card applied because if i got card would get 35 dollar credit! approved for home improvement great would keep balance low so needed lawnmower so online i went they had free shipping so was going to buy and have it shipped as it wouldn't fit in car . Went thru all the stuff to buy mower and have shipped went to pay oh no sorry you cant use that card to buy on line WHAT??? great if i would have known that i wouldn't even have bothered well at least my balance is ZERO! But the cashier should have let me know the card was useless to buy things online! And also got a welcome call from Fortiva the card company very heavy accent still don't know what she said!

• Mr
    mrdrking Jul 26, 2017

The Home Depot / Citi credit card system available to provide customer service is so woefully inadequate it is inept … it is way beyond an inconvenience. Home Depot uses Citi for managing customers' credit cards. I have (probably will be had) commercial and consumer accounts for years and needed older statements (>18 months old). Older statements were needed to demonstrate fiduciary responsible actions relating to maintaining property for a trust fund. When asking for these missing statements electronically, "there is no way to provide electronic statements ... ONLY PAPER was available." There are 100s if not 1000s of PO labeled transactions on those statements that represented relevant and non-relevant [to the trust] information to establish fiduciary responsible spending. REALLY, what year is this? HD & Citi cannot get it together to provide electronic, easily organized data from a data-base system ... they can only provide paper? Anyone see this as inadequate customer service besides me? I loath using superlatives, but NO OTHER financial institution I deal with only has paper as a means for statement transactions. I trust that no one else has an issue like this, but that "excuse" is obviously RIDONCULOUS to believe as reasonable in this electronic transaction age. Thomas King

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@mrdrking This is false, electronic statements are available but CANNOT be enrolled in over the phone. Login or create an account on myhomedepotaccount.com to enroll and view transaction history.

• Mi
    Milliemae Jul 16, 2017

I've been a mostly on line shopper at Home Depot for quite a while. We are renovating. I wasn't ready to do cosmetic work outside but I really needed gutters especially one the side of my house. I agreed to let Home Depot do the job because I could get it at zero percent interest for 18 months. The people who came out wanted us to pay them more money out of pocket. The gutters didn't channel the water at all and we had water falls all over the place. They took down a large solid copper gutter that was functioning just fine and replaced it with Home Depot gutters. That gutter alone was worth some money. I began complaining at Home Depot but I had to go through cancer treatment and stopped for about 6 months. Then when I resumed trying to get some assistance, I was told a dozen times some one would call me and they didn't. Finally I insisted that I speak with whoever would assist me. He called and asked me stupid questions like if I bought leak protection for those gutters. He also insinuated that I told Home Depot what I needed. Anyway, I wasn't getting anywhere with my gutter problem so I tried higher ups. That looked like it was going to get things going but eventually it was the same old thing. So I tried Citibank who financed the job. The guy said he was going to file a dispute. I asked specifically if I should continue with payments. He said no. He didn't file the complaint and I got stuck with late charges. I finally got tired of messing with all of them so I filed a federal consumer complaint about both Home Depot and Citibank. They then got busy and added more down spouts to my gutters. I hope they are going to work right. Also, I noticed, after I owed a little over two thousand for the gutters, late charges started showing up on this zero percent interest deal. I had to tell them 3 times to remove them. Don't use a Home Depot card. They deliberately stick late charges on your account thinking you will just let it go. Finally when you agree to allow Home Depot to do some home installation they claim they screen the people they hire and they only allow the best to work for them. That is total bull. They apparently can't get people to work for them and the ones who did our gutters weren't very bright. The whole process was a nightmare. I paid off my bill and I closed my account. I won't deal with Home Depot or Citibank ever again.

• Iz
    izzzzzzzy Jul 06, 2017

I signed up for a Home Depot card 4 months ago. We were building a new home and I thought their interest free period would be a good way to spread the costs - I planned to pay it down before the period ran out. When I purchased they were running a special offer in store - 10% off your purchase or an extended interest free period. I thought the regular length would be fine so I took the 10% off. I was told I'd still get the regular interest free period. 3 statements later and I see I'm being charged a 'borrowing charge' every month. I call to find out why and I'm told 'the offer you took was 10% off *or* an interest free period. You took the 10% off so you get no interest free period at all'. WHY would anyone in their right mind take that deal? Unless you were spending a whole lot of cash that 10% is never going to equate to 6 or 12 months interest free. The guy on the phone was not interested when I said that was not what I had been told when I'd signed up, he just said I'd been missold in store and there was nothing he could do about it. I am furious. He told me all I could do was return the item and purchase it again. It's a propane stove and we've been using it for 2 months. Not exactly an option. The only option I have is to pay off the card ASAP and cancel the account. What a rip-off.

• Se
    SEllison Aug 26, 2016

My daughter was just hired by Home Depot as a part-time cashier. Within the first week she is getting badgered by her supervisor to sign people up for the Home Depot credit card. So, at check out, as instructed, she asks the customer if they would like to sign up for the card with all the "benefits", yada yada. So far 10 times out of 10 the answer has been "No". She leaves it at that. Which as a paying customer I absolutely appreciate because I am never interested in store credit cards. I cannot stand the "pressure tactic" either.

It turns out that she has come under fire for no "sign ups". She has been "advised" on how to go about getting people to sign up for the cards. She says the techniques are manipulative and withhold the whole story..ie., interest rate after the promotional offer, etc.

She has also heard from a relative who used to work at Home Depot who quit because he got written up for not pushing the card on customers.

I'm so glad I came across this blog. It is very educational. I hope that those who have been ripped of by this card and the bank file a class action suit. And while it will make my daughter feel better about not putting much effort into compromising her customer's credit and lives, I fear for her job security.

• Ki
    Kimberly Rein Jul 01, 2018

@SEllison Someone started it and I'm on board. How do one start one?

• Va
    Valerie Hicks Oct 05, 2018

@Kimberly Rein Yes, I am on board too over a conversation I had to have with them regarding very similar experience today that everyone else has posted here for the last few years.

• Ri
    Ricky Mujic Feb 21, 2016

Why are you nervous? Just let them sue you. :)

• Ca
    canuck12345 Feb 08, 2016

I changed my address in store with customer relations when we moved. I rarely use my card, but I guess I used it sometime within the last year. They didn't update my address in their system, and my account went to collections. The collections agent was very nice, and understood the situation, but said unfortunately I still need to pay. OK, so I paid in full that same day over the phone. The agent recommended I call citi bank and go over any details of my account, and get them to send a copy of my last statement. I called them, went over all info, explained the situation to them, and was told that you have to call in to change your address. Whatever, I don't really care. So, before hanging up, I ask if I would need to call back in after payment went through in order to cancel my card and close my account. She said no, as soon as an account goes to collections it is automatically closed. OK. I thanked her and hung up. Now, after I paid everything, burned my card, and never set foot in HD ever since, I receive in the mail a new bill. $18.11 for interest charges. Well [email protected]#&!!! That sure doesn't seem like my account is closed, now, does it? Now I get the pleasure of calling them, only to receive the run around, and still have to pay an interest charge for an account that had a balance of $0.00. Or, I get to talk to some nice collections folks again. Thanks Home Depot! You made the choice of what store to go to really easy!

• Sh
    Sheila25 Nov 10, 2015

I used my new Home Depot (Citibank) credit card exactly two times. The first time on 9-22-15 to purchase a thermostat (approx. $225.00). On 10-8-15 I returned the unopened thermostat (a/c problem ended up being something else) to Home Depot and they credited me the full amount back on the card. Between the time I charged the thermostat and the time I returned it I received a bill for the amount stated above. Since I had obtained a full credit back to the card for that amount I did not pay anything towards that statement. The same day I returned the thermostat I made an additional purchase of approx. $167.00. The next statement I received contained the credit mentioned above, the new purchase and a $25.00 late fee. The second statement has a payment due date of 11-26-15, a minimum payment due of $52.00, and a past due amount of $25.00. So, of course I called the 'bank' to request a credit of the late fee. They were very sorry that I did not understand that I owed them a payment towards the first statement (even though the return was a full credit back netting out to zero). They would, however as a courtesy credit the late fee if I would give them a payment over the phone for the 'late amount' of $25.00. Yes, that's right they offered to credit me back the late fee if I would pay the late fee (applied towards the balance) right then on the phone. I told them that my statement due date was 11-26. The southern 'gentleman' on the phone then told me that my balance was in arrears by 13 days and had been sent to collections. This guy was already claiming to be the 'escalation guy' or 'supervisor' or 'manager' so when I asked to speak to a manager he told me that there was no one to transfer me to but they would be happy to call me back in 48 hours but that person would just tell me the same thing. The way that I was treated by this 'gentleman' over a refund/credit that was applied to the next statement making my balance completely up to date was disgusting. I requested a call back (still waiting); paid off the balance (minus the $25.00); and am contemplating next steps. I have a FICO score over 800; never late; no bankruptcy; no more Citibank.

• Ha
    HateHomeDepotCredit Aug 24, 2015

Experiencing the same thing. I pay all my bills by Wells Fargo on-line payments. HOWEVER, it's hard to pay a bill you never received.. I don't know if Citi has issues with printing / mailing or something. I also don't get any notification before a payment is due that I'll be late so I can make an emergency payment thru them. I have a 785+ credit score. This is the 2nd time in less than 6 months this has happened to them. I don't have any issues with any other vendor / debt than Home Depot. They really need to get their act together. It gets BETTER, when you call the 800 number on the back of the card, or the DIFFERENT 866 number on the web site, there is "no one available to assist you at this time, please call back later", and they hang up on you.

Lisalisa123 Aug 12, 2015

@typical me come to think of it, why are you on this page criticizing when there are many issues posted by many people here and you are not one of them. #internetTroll.

Lisalisa123 Aug 12, 2015

@typical me. You are missing the point of the previous post, it's the entire experience with customer service or the lack of customer service. Yes, we all know the bill is due, but it's the fact that they are completely inflexible, even when they messed up. It's irrational at times. Stop being so critical.

Lisalisa123 Aug 12, 2015

HD credit services is the worst corporation I've come to know. They charge the disgustingly high 25.99% rate for best qualifying customers, which is close to the max legal limit. The interest rate is not the real issue here because clearly I agreed to this contract. What's scary is when you realize that 3/4 or more of your payment is going to interest only, and they REFUSE to lower the rate even for good paying customers. Then you understand Home Depot has no interest in working with the customer, keeping its customer, or assisting the customer, at anytime. Its shocking because (1) this is one of the largest retailers in the country, and (2) the federal government encourages lenders to work with consumers. If you accept this card, there is no way to try to work with them by negotiating down the rate to allow you to continue to stay in compliance and protect your credit, this should be required by law if you fall on hard times. It's actually shocking, they prefer your credit be ruined than work with something as simple and easy as the interest rate. Please please do not give this greedy corp your business unless you can pay off the card right away. Besides this, all the appliances I bought from them, the install services, etc charged to the card, have been absolutely awful poor quality. I've had to have multiple contractors come in and clean up their mess. The employees I store have no clue of the products, they are all inexperienced and under paid. May as well hire fast food workers, they would get the same crappy pay but with more training/willingness to learn or be there. HD should be ashamed of itself. The management policies in place will be its downfall. Switching to Lowes, or anyone else.

JohnGray Mar 26, 2019

@Lisalisa123 The APR is clearly stated on the credit application and is based on CREDIT WORTHINESS. Citibank does not have the ability to reduce an APR on an existing card however, you can always apply for a new card and based on CREDIT HISTORY and once again, CREDIT WORTHINESS you may qualify for a lower rate and even cancel the previous card in favor of your new one.

• Ty
    Typical_Me Jul 14, 2015

PS: Who uses mail statements anymore? The first thing I do when I get a credit card is figure out how their online system works so that things like this do not happen to me.

• Pr
    princeville Oct 23, 2017

@Typical_Me They NEVER Send You A Card!!!NEVER...All you have is the temp receipt that you can use as a card until you receive it...Which you never do...

• Ki
    Kimberly Rein Jul 01, 2018

@Typical_Me It's impossible to set up online payment without the card # and 3-digit code!!! CAN'T DO IT!!!

• Ty
    Typical_Me Jul 14, 2015

It definitely sounds like they screwed you over and were very annoying. I would close my account with them, too. However, you describe yourself as someone with many credit cards and a perfect credit score. You must then have an understanding of how signing up for an in-store credit card works: they charge that day's purchase on your new card. So when you didn't receive your card or a statement in the mail after a while, you needed to contact them asap to figure it out. Sounds like you thought it would just go away because you never received anything and you were going to get a free purchase from Home Depot. Also, when you apply for a credit card, they ask you multiple times to check that the information is correct. Why would they send it to the wrong address unless you accidentally gave them the wrong address or didn't check?

• Ca
    Caroline Bond Jul 14, 2015

This is how Home Depot rips off their clients off. Remember the nice little promos they give you. No payment for 16 months. Sounds great. I paid them each month, with the intent of paying in full on the 16 month. But no, What does this company do? They wait until the 1st of the month and add on some $650.00 in interest. I want to pay them in full. You service note, on the statement, "remember the 16 month expires next month" But will they get reverse the interest? NO... Absolute robbery. Well time to look Lowes, I bank with Citibank, time to get rid of them.

• Aa
    A.A.T May 22, 2015

I have had my HD card for over a year, and I use it for business. Not to even go into the issues we have had with associates in the store, and not knowing about their own programs - but I make all my payments online, after I have received payment from our customers. You can only make 5 payments online in one month - which is absurd. Then I called to find out why my available credit has not been updated to reflect my last 3 payments over the last two weeks, which of course already cleared my bank account - and I'm told that they hold funds because a bank can return a payment within that time frame. So I had to get transferred around to 3 different people, until someone was willing to help me get the hold removed. I pay via bank account transfer - ACH! Someone tried to tell me that just because the money cleared my account, does not mean that they received it. I could understand this if I sent a check - but I'm paying them electronically. Then I ask, how to avoid this in the future, I'm told there is nothing that can be done. I've about had it with HOME DEPOT all around. The 5% off for using the card is why we use it - and I'm realizing it is NOT WORTH IT!!

• Rh
    Rhonda M. Jan 09, 2015

I am a former employee at the 95th street corporate store I am in disbelief about what is allowed to go on in the store by management. My former coworker Jasmine Zellman [protected] x 347 is seeing a married man in the store and is making it completely uncomfortable for me to do my work so I quit. They allow to many employee relationships to damage the workflow. I am presently looking for a new job. Please do your work and leave to relations to outside activities.

• Me
    mefb Jan 06, 2015

we paid our home depot credit card in full in november 2014. No statement received in December. I receive a bill today stating I have $52 in late fees, they are stating they did not receive the payment on time. I call customer service, completely confused, to inquire. They are beyond rude to me over the phone. They claim they received the payment on 11/27 not 11/26 when the bill was due. I challenge them, stating I have my bank statement in front of me showing when they withdrew the money from my account. Their response is "well, there is nothing we can do. We didn't receive the payment." Ironically, 11/27 was Thanksgiving Day. What bank is open on Thanksgiving Day? What postal service delivers on Thanksgiving Day? I will never shop at Home Depot again.

• To
    tomeeka Nov 13, 2014

I agree totally. I purchased a washer and windows. My payments never seem to go down, instead the monthly charge kept increasing. They were also charging me promotional charges, more than what they were suppose too. I agree with everyone one this thread. I called and cancelled my card. I am really pissed. I do not have issues with my other creditors. Something needs to be done about homedepot.

• El
    Elbel Sep 03, 2014

Home Depot Credit Cards are a scam.

If your payment is short by even $1.00 - as mine was due to having the card set up in my repeating payments for online banking, they immediately start charging you late fees $35.00 against your entire balance. They will not notify you until your next billing cycle in your regular statement and then they will start calling you!

No existing customer service until they got you and have penalized you in every way they can - increasing payment amounts, late fees, interest and more.

So tired if this fiasco month after month after month. It is the only card that is problematic and I'm filled with regret even using this card after SUper Storm Sandy to repair my home. I'm paying for it three-fold.

• Fi
    Figaro56 Jun 22, 2014

I was considering a remodel of my town home kitchen, dinning/living room back in spring of 2012. I was amazed with Home Depot having a promotional 3 year deferred interest offer. Never had I seen such a long deferred interest promotion. When the remodel job was done by 12/2012 I settled the Home Depot Credit Card balance into my banks online back payment system and set up the credit card for e-statement delivery. Today I just went into the credit card online account to see how thing where coming along. I would not have even checked on it because payments had been coming out of my bank right on schedule every month, but I was trying to get all my ducks in a row. There in the online statement is showed 24 month deferred interest, not 36 month. Was I seeing things? I don't think so. They argued with me that they never have offered 3 year deferred interest promotion. I know I didn't dream this up. Good thing I decided to check because if I had not paid it off next month I'd have owed them $4, 800 in deferred interest after 8/6/2014!!!

• Mi
    MisterRight2011 Jun 06, 2014

I rented a dirt mover truck from Southington Home Depot. An unfortunate muddy hill tilted it to its side. I paid a private tow company to get it upright out of the mud that day. I was told about the oil filter problem because of its tilt. I paid in full the rental fees (now with penalties because of when it was originally due back.). Without receiving any bill or authorization to whom should replace the oil filter with a new, I receive a call from the rental stating I owe a $678.00 plus. There is no explanation or breakdown of why this oil filter change that I knew it needed had to be cost nearly $700.00. I had call many times about this issue and three separate call center departments told me that it is a private issue with the individual who supplies the machinery and not their problem. They just care about the rental fees and will not get involved with the other charges in my matter.They gave me this persons phone number- I called this individual who acted that "I killed his son..." and refused to give me his breakdown. I called back Home Depot who told me on a recorded line about this "standstill" and they told me that there will be no retribution because with the receiving of their rental fees they consider the matter closed.
    5 months later I get just a letter stating that Home Depot wants me just to pay 678.00 still owed for rental fees. Rental fees?
    Nobody checks anybody else's statements on recorded lines- no less.
    Needless to say I closed my commercial account. 5 grand spent a year now to Lowes-my new favorite store.

• Ra
    Rae Lav May 21, 2014

I made a purchase of 576 dollars in March at what I understood and CONFIRMED with the store staff was a promotional and I would have 12 mos. of deferred interest. Now 2 months later after receiving my bill, I did not qualify for deferred interest due to the fact that I took the 5% off the initial purchase. Thats 28 dollars vs. 1 yr of payments interest free...would I have chosen the route if I had been informed...NO...I will be paying off my balance with Home Depot and will no longer do business with them. Seems they have become the Giants in the industry and do not give a damn about customer satisfaction. I will take my business to their competitor...I will get more satisfaction from them. Bon Voyage, Home Depot...keep up the bad tactics and you will continue to lose customers!

• Tr
    Trace/Karen Jun 16, 2013

Capitalism gone conservative greedy. My wife and I just paid off our credit card with home depot $3995.57. We had an account for 10 yrs. Never late and never missed a payment. My wife decided she wanted a new washer and dryer. No interest if paid in full in 12 months. I paid them and they still charged me interest. I will now do 100% of my shopping at lowes or dixie line.

mark teague Oct 08, 2011

not only do all these stories match up with the problems we been having but it also reminds us of an on going late fee ( we paid 12 yrs. ) we had to deal with having done business with sears. i think that they have a system that they stick to, designed to create late fees and buy the time you think you've worked it out with them another late fee was charged during the time you were paying them for the other one. this is something that truly happened to my wife and i. we think we got it handled, ( having paid the late fee 3 time and paying it a fourth because it will be worth it, not ever hearing from them again ) so, approx 3 to 4 years go by and sears is calling us about this late fee again!!! what a night mare!!!
    i see the same system in affect or portions there of be utilized by Home Depot Credit. your online account is locked in so that you can not pay more or less than what they have it set for. we are a family that struggles daily with finances and i know there are far too many families like ours out there.
    no consideration to the fact that each day can bring un-needed surprises like a blown tire. so when i go to make your writing out you bills, due ti the expense of a new tire, one of the bills is going to be a tad short for lack of funds. no matter that you always pay your bills on time this company that didn't receive full payment . so, to help you out they add a $35 late fee to make matters worse for ya! it's a sign of the times. banks love customers like my wife and i. not having a cash flow causes us to juggle our bills. when we drop one the bank is very eager to cover the overdrawn ( by $2 ) and hand us a $35 fee for their kindness. this is the new day and age we live in - throw the elderly to the way side, cause heart ache for those that struggle day in and day out and when they faulter, don't help them,
    pounce on them and take all they have.
    they get their item back take it off their taxes and resell it to a scratch n dint. HOME DEPOT IS GOING TO BE LIKE THE REST, EVENTUALLY CLOSING STORES AND EVENTUALLY SELLING OUT TO ANOTHER COMPANY THAT WILL TAKE THE SAME PATH the reason this continues on is because it doesn't cost the companies that operate like this, it cost us!! so why not make a lot of money at the cost of others

Jostrenga Oct 08, 2011

Other consumers would agree that Home Depot hires non-reputable sub-contractors to perform their work. They do not stand behind the work performed by these subs. Be careful! Check out this video!

• Jy
    JYothish Sep 29, 2011

Hi I got a credit card amount from delmonwith a amount of 56 dhs dated 7th sep 2011.

mark teague Aug 22, 2011

my wife and i had some of the same type problems mentioned in the above complaints. it all started with a credit card issued by home depot and the purchase of a hot water tank, a weed whacker and some electrical wire for a home we just purchased. this card came with a no interest for one year and no payment for 6 months, i believe it was. this time went by and we had been making payments to our account regardless of the fact we didn't have to make them. when our billing started we continued making payments as usual, on time and so on. how ever the original bill for approx. $2100.00 was at $1900.0 and some dollars. it appears that while they say there is no interest for the 6 months or payments there was interest accumulating all along. here we were paying our bill for a year and it hardly touched the amount credited to us. as you can imagine our frustration that all this time we have been paying our bill it had barely touch the amount due. we kept on paying in hopes that if it was interest the bill would soon begin to show some positive improvement. in march 2011 wacovia bank sold out to wells fargo. when this happened the automated payment we had set up with home depot credit denied payment to home depot credit. it took approx. 2 or 3 days to find this out as home depot credit called us ( with a nasty attitude ). we explained that wells fargo had taken over our account and we didn't understand why they denied making the payment. my wife made the payment during that phone call which ment for the first time we were late but not by our doing. 2 weeks later home depot credit called again again and said we didn't make the payment. which we knew we did because of the first mistake wells fargo made. my wife went on line to make sure the payment went thru, which it did. they insisted we were a moth behind. after an hour of arguing on the phone my wife made another payment, including late fees. 2 more weeks went by and another call from, you guessed it, home depot credit, saying that there were some late fees that had now accumulated interest. we refused to pay this time and asked for a complete itemized record of our payment so we can compare their records with ours. our records as well as their showed all payments were made, including the late fee when wells fargo refused the automated payment. the only thing that didn't compare was this unbelievable interest rate for the late fee they said we didn't pay. even though our records show we paid it. so, no we are investigated unlawful billing practices. specially those that involve home depot credit. all the above information written by others sounds just like the hoe depot agents we spoke with. the nasty attitude and the it don't matter or count what you say we say this. even if one of their agent tells you one thing, you get another call from anther agent telling you something different and that the other agent told us wrong.
    i can't believe i am even having to write a blog like this. or that anyone would have to put up with a rude, yelling, unintelligent agent from a large company like home depot !! we are going to try and find an attorney because i do believe they practice unlawful billing, harassment and all the above. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T APPLY FOR A CREDIT CARD FROM HOME DEPOT. BETTER YET TRY NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM ALTOGETHER!!!

• Ti
    Tim Arnold Jul 27, 2011

I opened a credit line with Home Depot to take 50% off the purchase. I never received a bill, or my card. I received two emails saying that my statement was ready and when I clicked on the link to view the statement, I got an error message that the server could not be found. I tried to pay the initial balance of $49 through my online banking, but that required an account number. So I called Home Depot Consumer Credit Services. They asked me for my full name, social security number, email address, street address, and phone number. But when I asked them for my credit account number, they told me that they couldn't give me that information over the phone. WTF! They told me to go to my local Home Depot and have one of their people contact them and they could give a complete stranger my account number. They also couldn't get straight how much I owed. The first lady I talked to said my total balance due was $49. She told me that if I showed my California Driver's License to the check out clerk, they could access my account and I could pay the balance. When I did this, the check out person told me I owed a total balance of $81. When I told them the representative I previously talked to gave me a different balance. She suggested that I log onto the Home Depot Consumer Credit website to clear up the discrepancies over total balances due. So she wrote my account number on the back of my receipt. When I got home, I tried to access my account, but the online registration required the three digit security code on the back of the credit card they NEVER SENT!. When I asked why I hadn't gotten any billings or credit card mailed to me, they told me that I had "opted" for electronic billing. Besides that not being true (I never "opted" out of mailed billings) the fact that I never got a physical credit card with the associated three digit security code on the back, there was no way to pay my balance. Now after three months and a dozen or so automated harassment calls demanding payment (that I cannot do without the security code) I have more than lost my 50% savings in late fees.

I refuse to pay late fees on a credit account that Home Depot made impossible for me to pay. The absolute incompetence is astounding! After being a faithful Home Depot customer for 20 years, I am about ready to switch over to Lowes...even if they are a little bit more expensive. I have a problem with rewarding such blasted buffoonery with continued patronage.