Home Hardware Stores Logo

Home Hardware Stores

Having problems with Home Hardware Stores?

Home Hardware Stores Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 940 5081 (Customer Service)
+1 519 664 2252 (Head Office)
34 Henry St. W
St Jacobs, Ontario
Canada - N0B2N0

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Hardware Stores Customer Service. Initial Home Hardware Stores complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Hardware Stores above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Hardware Stores. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Hardware Stores and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Home Hardware Stores Complaints & Reviews

Home Hardware StoresRefused Refund on Defective Shed

The professional installer was unable to assemble Storage Shed purchase at Home hardware and deemed it unsafe as the clicking method as required was not able to be done on some areas. I contacted store on Nov 23 2020 by phone to advise that I need to return the item and get a full refund. I advised I have my receipt, its within the time frame and it was not a final sale or stamped limits on it. I was advised that return is possible but someone will call me back. After an hour someone return call said that the manager will be back a call. Within a few minute he called to say he will not be taking it back. We exchanged emails with no resolution and since than no communication or response to messages.
I am already out of pocket for the cost of installation that was charged for the time to realize the issue. I strongly feel that because of the safety issue the store needs to stand beside the product sell and stop refusing to give a refund. I would like a refund
Hey Dave,

The shed was being installed by a professional installer for over 8 hours.
This definitely needs to be returned to you and you send it back to the manufacturer. I had to pay the person go out and still not have a shed.

I am a consumer and you are not provided the service that is expected of home hardware.

I need a resolution as soon as possible.

On Nov 23, 2020, at 1:57 PM, Sales Desk wrote:

Hi,
As with many companies, we do not print our return policies on our receipts. We do, however, have policy signs posted at our sales desk. If there is a manufacturing defect with the shed that prevents proper assembly, the manufacturer will replace the affected parts at no charge.
[protected]. On a further note, sheds are difficult to assemble. If the parts are not defective, I would suggest you find a person or company that offers an assembly service, there are a few around that specialize in shed assemblies.

From: Lorraine Nelson [mailto:[protected]@hotmail.com]
Sent: November-23-20 1:31 PM
To: Sales Desk
Subject: Re:

Hey Dave,

This wasn't what my receipt says so this needs to be resolved.
I am waiting for a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: November-23-20 1:31 PM
To: Sales Desk
Subject: Re:

Hey Dave,

This wasn't what my receipt says so this needs to be resolved.
I am waiting for a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 23, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Sales Desk wrote:

From: [protected]@schelllumber.com [mailto:[protected]@schelllumber.com]
Sent: None
To: [protected]@schelllumber.com
Subject:

Home Hardware StoresTrail BC

Another horrible experience yesterday. Was looking through the bins in the plumbing section for some small pipe fittings. With 3 other shoppers in the store, 4 associates were standing at the project counter talking. Even though I was in plain view and searching the bins, not one of them came to ask if I needed help. Then a 5th associate walked right past and kept going. So I gave up and as I was leaving there was a 6th floor associate chatting with a cashier even though the 2nd cashier had a lineup.

Jan 22, 2021

Home Hardware Stores — Lack of action

On Jan 22.2021 I frequented the Home Hardware store on Willow Street in Truro Nova Scotia Canada. Immediately...

Truro
      Dec 31, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — Unethical behavior

To whom it may concern I have been a customer of your stores since day one open at Wharncliffe Home Hardware...

London

Home Hardware StoresService

I was disappointed today. I bought a 3.64 liter can of beautitone paint today. The owner asked if I had the promotional buy 6 get 1 free card. I said I was never told about this promotion before. I reminded the clerk that I bought at least 8 3.64 liter cans in the last few months. The owner looked in a box by the paint counter an found a card that said was mine with only 2 stamps on it. I told the owner & clerk that I could bring in my receipts to prove how much paint I bought. The clerk said I could bring them in but the owner wouldn't give me any credits to the promotion because I could have given the credits to someone else. The clerk even said he thought I got a free can of paint on one of my visits which never happened. They made me feel like I did something dishonest. I do not think this is the way a customer should feel after supporting a local business.

Home Hardware StoresRacism and bigotry

Home Hardware is not serving Native Canadians in south shore Nova Scotia. Since September they have been denying service and had a racist slur posted on their sign. Their manager should be replaced with a person who sees the whole picture not just his cousin the fisherman's view. This racism is happening in Digby Nova Scotia. The natives are defending their right to fish and home hardware is against this right displaying white privilege with their sign that read We Support our Local Fisherman. These locals they support destroyed thousands of pounds of their own lobster thinking it was natives then they killed 3500 pounds of live native lobster with bleach, they torched a natives van and smashed windows, these are terrorist acts and if home hardware cant comprehend this they too are a part of the problem.

Oct 05, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — Minden home hardware: covid 19 response (or lack thereof)

On, or around, the 28th September, 2020, I was in the Minden Home Hardware store and observed an employee...

Home Hardware StoresExtra paint tinting fee.

Hi! Bought your beautitone solid stain @ our local Home Hardware, Orangeville, Ont., to paint our cottage. After deciding on a colour from doing paint chip comparisons, we took the stain to the Owen Sound Home Hardware to be tinted. That's when they told us it would be $5 per tin to tint as we hadn't bought it there. We didn't have a choice, so paid it. This is an absolute first. We have bought paint at other Home Depots, Ronas, then had it tinted at our local stores, no issue & had been absolutely upfront about it. Knowing this now, I guess I'll lie next time & claim I lost the receipt!

Jul 02, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — Inventory

I have paid for lumber 3 times in a week and a half and when I got to the lumber shed to load up they were...

Rayville
            Jun 19, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — Customer Service

On June 17 2020, at about 2.30 pm, I entered the Home Hardware in Orangeville, Ontario wearing a full plastic...

Jun 16, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — Project desk customer service-trail bc location

I am in the middle of a landscaping project on my home which has no backyard currently. I was in the store...

May 02, 2020

Home Hardware — Discriminating language service, and derogatory comments

I was standing outside at the Hawkesbury, ON Home Hardware Store at 3:40pm Saturday April 2, 2020 on my...

Hawkesbury
            Apr 08, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — disrespectful manager

We went to Ladysmith bc location today April 8 to purchase caulking as we made our way looking a man with...

Ladysmith
            Mar 26, 2020

Home Hardware Stores — bad product

I just wanted to comment on the Hardrock coating that I put on the front porch (concrete) of our house. I did...

Home Hardware StoresAwful customer service

I had bought a outdoor foldable lawn chair at the time that's the only one they in so I I bought it . when I opened it Up I I noticed it was a child's chair I put it back in the bag and put in my trunk. When I went to return it two days later tags and original receipt they wouldn't take it back because the bag the chair comes in had a rip in the seam ??? The bag the thin bag ?? Obviously was there when I bought it the bag still had the tags on it still . The lady was rude kept interrupting me and treated me like crap and told me to get out of the store . Rudest women I have ever felt with . Absolutely unbelievable.

Home Hardware StoresTrim paint designer series

Trim paint designer series, was told by an employee and saw it in your store that your trim paint will adhere to anything. I am a sub contractor and bought two small cans for two different customers. I have been called back to fix and repaint a banister and a door because of non adhering. Really dissatisfied with this trim paint and yes I know how to properly prepare surfaces for painting. One customer said if it doesnt stick this time, after two more coats, she wants a better paint. Doesn't look good on me when this happens. Disappointing. Sorry no picture but if I have to go back again, I will next time.

Feb 11, 2020

Home Hardware — an employee who works in the lumber yard

An ongoing problem has arisen at this store.in Coaldale, Alberta, there is only one hardware store. It ha...

Coaldale
                Nov 30, 2019

Home Hardware Stores — outdoor sign

The sign outside his business reads. Why doesn't anyone get offended by Black Friday. I'm just asking you...

Home Hardware Storespurchased pipe heat line

I purchased a 60' heating for 11/4 " plastic pipe because i was told you only sold 40', 60', 80'.and 100' lengths i needed a 50' . a few months after ordering it I found out on your website that 50' were in fact available I went back to my local dealer and they ordered one. when it arrive they sent my 60' kit back and then a week later I was told they wouldn't credit me because the out side box wasn't returned with the kit but it was never unpacked or used, then to make matters worse I was told that head office would not return it to the stores now I am out 550.00 and do not have a heat line, I complained many time and the dealer finally got your head office to send it back to me, but I cannot use the 60 ' with out moving all my piping in my basement. Could some one call me on my cell to have a conversation about this 519~588~3966. thanks Brad Phillips

Oct 01, 2019

Home Hardware Stores — harassment

I went in today to buy some folding chairs and one of the employees, Jacob clues verbally harrased me. He...

Innisfil