Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Home DepotCredit services, store condition

We mailed our check on 12-26-20, on 01-11-21 we recieved a late notice with a $30.00 fee. Bank indicated check had not cleared, lost in mail, many complaints to bank. Called to resolve and was told "pay entire bill" put that amount on bank ATM Debit Card, would not remove fee. Cancelled card and shredde it. We have spent thousands with HD over the last few years, never another dime! Also of late, aisles are crammed with displays in front of merchandise, employees are too lazy to remove those large stocking ladders blocking access to more merchandise. Done with Home Depot, just got Lowes Privledge card and will shop there

Home DepotCustomer care

1-19-21 north frisco store frisco texas
    small contractor frustrated with horrible personal treatment including being hung up on by Monica while talking. called back to speak with manager but hung up on 5 times. this store is terrible and getting worse monthly. customers should not have to call or contact any third party or continue to try and call a manager repeatedly to conduct respectful business. employees come and go but the store front and customers living near are constant.
    my business like others struggle lately and options for materials is vital. I will not be treated horribly to make a living. My $2500 order as well as future orders will go elsewhere for now.
    respectfully, James Johnson [protected]

Home DepotRigid core flooring

Had flooring installed in October. The interlocking part of the flooring is breaking in numerous spots causing all of the flooring to separate across the entire room. Have been calling Home Depot and spoke with 1 Store Manager and 2 Assistant Store managers for about 4 weeks now. Each week they tell us that we have to wait for vendor to get back to us. They will not give us anymore contact info or anything. Now we call today and both Managers are on vacation! Meanwhile our floor is still coming apart and causing hazards with our family and pets. This is absurd to wait this long! We've sent the pictures, receipts and everything they've asked us for with zero response!!! We need this resolved ASAP!

Home DepotWasher/dryer unit delivery

Me and my wife purchased a stackable washer/dryer unit on 12/8. The scheduled delivery was on 12/12. The unit was delivered on 12/12 while I was at work. My wife calls me and says they broke the unit bringing it into the house. They tried to lift from the top lip of the horizontal washer unit and ripped the lid and and all wiring up making the unit unusable. The delivery men told my wife they would have to leave it there and be back Friday 12/14 to replace it with a new unit. She did not know to refuse the unit at that point. After calling both the Home Depot we purchased it from and the delivery company about ten times each, and being told we had to wait for the damage report to be processed, we received a delivery date of 1/5(not 12/14). On 1/5 at 10:30AM we received a call from the delivery man that our unit was on its way and they would be at our house in 30 minutes. At 3:30PM I called both Home Depot and the delivery company. I finally got a call back around 5:00PM from the delivery company saying the delivery driver took pictures of our driveway and it was unplowed and they were unable to get up it. Blatant lie as I plowed and spent $100 the day before to sand my driveway ensuring they would have no issues. They rescheduled for 1/8. On 1/8 They returned and when the delivery man came inside to check the old unit, he informed me that he could not install the new unit as he had no power chord or hoses for the new unit. So again we rescheduled for delivery today 1/13. I had already taken 2 days off of work to try and be there when it was delivered but could not take today off so my wife received the unit. Yet again the unit arrived with the top of it completely caved in so that the dryer on top would not even be able to spin. I am completely amazed that this is how business is done by this company. I called the delivery company and cancelled my order and hopefully when the manager at the South Merrimack, NH Home Depot returns from his vacation next week and I can speak to someone in charge, I can finally receive a refund and purchase the same unit at Lowes. Fingers are crossed they dont use the same delivery company

Home DepotThought I was signed up moving in a couple months so want to sign up by month

Delivery was suppose to be Tuesday, Jan 23 between 3=7 were to call me the day before (NEVER DID) was to call the day of delivery. My wife said they never did, they said they did, but got no answer (Who' lying -my wife or the delivery people. Talked to Home Depot and they said the delivery people called. They were very understamding, but the delivery people are not part of Home Depot. I had two people waiting to help and set up. I'm 85 and can't help lift things. cost to me was 200.00 for them to wait. do I have to suffer the cost because of there failure. My wife was home and we were at the house I'm remodeling.
          Now I'm told they will deliver Friday and I'm to call Home Depot to find out if this company has called me on delivery time. I feel someone has to help me pay the cost of having people available at delivery time. The man from Home Depot was Richard and he was very helpful. I expect a reply 8:00 am
          January 13, 2021

Jan 07, 2021

Home Depot — Appliance delivery

Ordered my dryer in nov, scheduled delivery was for 1/6/21 as it would not be in stock earlier. I wanted a...

Dec 31, 2020

Home Depot — Employee used bias and racist practice for black customer

It can be said with clarity and without any reservations there are a compelling interest that enshrines blunt...

Dec 29, 2020

Home Depot — Customer is being harass by home depot employee and security guard

Good Day, For many years I have been purchasing products from The Home Depot to built my home and my...

Home DepotLost store credit

I have my receipt and original store credit issued receipt with last four digits. the manager looked it up and verified that card has not been used but she cannot cancel it and reissue. Thats insane, then why take my drivers license to issue if you can't even control it on your end. we own an HVAC company and spend thousands here a year. Not anymore. This is unheard of. Please Explain or resolve I will be contacting the BBB if not as I read others have had similar experiences. It is theft on your end. You can see it was mine and issued but can't cancel and replace. I don't buy it!

Dr. Christine Felitsky

Home DepotDo not buy appliances, especially kitchenaid at the home depot in kingman az.

Let me start out this review by saying I'm a disabled veteran living in a camper on a fixed income with my unemployed wife. The day after Thanksgiving our primary cooking appliance, a convection microwave broke. On November 29th we went to the Home Depot in Kingman Arizona to order a new one. We ordered a Kitchenaid model KMHC319ESS for almost$700. Did I mention a fixed income? Original delivery date was set for December 4th. A few days prior to the delivery date I received a computerized phone call staying that delivery was postponed until December 18. We went to the store and an employee there told us they didn't understand the delay as there were over 80 in available according to their system. Fast forward to the 18th, and delivery is again postponed to December 26th, after Christmas. Did I mention this was our primary cooking appliance? Day after Christmas my wife calls the Home Depot in Kingman Arizona, and they now say delivery postponed until January 2nd. Customer service this time states that according to their system the have over 120 available for shipment. We have been without our primary cooking appliance for over a month. I am telling anybody and everybody who's will listen, DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM THE HOME DEPOT IN KINGMAN ARIZONA.

Thank you.

Home DepotWrong order 2 times

I ordered an 18 inch towel bar. I received the wrong one. I took it back to home depot & had a hard time returning because it was the wrong size that didnt match the receipt. So, I reordered another one & again received the wrong one. In the meantime I have a handyman doing work at my house. do you think they are going to come back to put one bar up? I have to take back to the store again. they advised calling the manufacturer. This is poor customer service. They should automatically send the correct one to me after I explained this happened twice. I am trying to stay away from stores because of covid. poor customer service!!!

Home DepotHome decorators/avante

FW: [EXTERNAL] RE: Case: [protected] HDC Vanity Broken in Box [ ref:_00D50JUFY._5001T1RkI1o:ref ]
                  Inbox

Customer Care
                  Dec 11, 2020, 5:53 PM (12 days ago)

nick bitetto
                  Dec 17, 2020, 4:39 PM (6 days ago)
                  Thank-you Jesus! Sent from my iPhone

onlinecustomercare
                  Dec 22, 2020, 1:43 PM (20 hours ago)
                  to me

Hi Nick
                  I tried contacting you via phone but i was unable to reach you, vendor told me the part will b taking 90 days to be delivered to you is it okay the time frame they are giving us?

Sent: 12/17/2020 4:39 PM
                  To: [protected]@homedepot.com
                  Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Case: [protected] HDC Vanity Broken in Box [ ref:_00D50JUFY._5001T1RkI1o:ref ]

Thank-you Jesus!

Date: Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 1:43 PM
                  To: [protected]@gmail.com

RE: case #[protected].
                  To Whom It May Concern,
                  It would have been MUCH QUICKER if I was instructed to order a 2nd VANITY & return the damaged one.
                  I'd like to thank Jesus for his efforts to resolve this issue. Yet, I find it suspicious that Karen & Kiona Foung's comments have been removed from these transmissions. It my recommendation that Home Depot should disassociate itself from the AVANTE mfg group.
                  90 days!
                  THAT'S TOO LATE NOW:
                  The Item You Asked for is Back in Stock
                  Inbox

Lowe's Home Improvement
                  Tue, Dec 22, 7:28 AM (1 day ago)

to me

Add it to your cart today! View email as a webpage.
                  Lowe's
                  MyLowe's Login
                  Wish granted.
                  The item you wanted is back in stock.
                  Bellina 24-in White Single Sink Bathroom Vanity with White Ceramic Top

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2020, at 2:01 PM, onlinecustomercare wrote:

?
                  Hi Nicholas

Sorry for the inconvenience and talking about the back part of your vanity i am going to speak to the parts department and tell to send you the replacement part and hopefully gets to you complete since they say is super fragile.

Best regards.

Sent: 12/16/2020 2:10 PM
                  To: [protected]@homedepot.com
                  Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Case: [protected] HDC Vanity Broken in Box [ ref:_00D50JUFY._5001T1RkI1o:ref ]

To Whom It May Concern,
                  I am truly disappointed with the (2) responses from the vendor.
                  1st to state that "the back panel of the vanity is not necessary and it can be removed without affecting any functionality".
                  If the marble backsplash was damaged as well would I receive a similar response? ... Just allow/accept water to run down the back of the vanity!
                  2nd "the back panel of the vanity is so fragile that if they sent you the part during transit it will break again".
                  Is it made of glass or other materials more fragile than wood that are successfully transported each and every day!
                  Recently the company THERMOSOFT shipped their item #TH-180408X5 (24"x48") FIBERBOARDS to me without any issues. Their panels are made of the exact same material & and are of the same thickness.They were successively shipped in a narrow box.
                  The vendor's responses are just lame excuses not to properly service my case #[protected]. Come on, work with me here. Do the right thing!
                  Nick Bitetto

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 2:04 PM nick bitetto wrote:

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 6:07 PM onlinecustomercare wrote:
                  Hi Nicholas

I got a response from our vendor

The back panel of a vanity is not necessary and it can be removed without affecting any functionality / structure. Please ask the customer to remove the back panel and install the vanity as is. If it helps, we can send a $50 credit to the customer for this inconvenience. Please let me know if the customer wants to proceed with this solution.

They told me as well the back part of the vanity is so fragile that if they send you the part during transit it will break again thats why they offered a $50 dollar gift card.

ref:_00D50JUFY._5001T1RkI1o:ref

Home DepotCan d can d services

Due to the virus I had been unable to pay on my card so they closed the account. This month I called to make arrangements to pay it off. I did exactly what I said and paid it off in full. I was told they would fax a letter to my lender, for a mortgage, once the payment posted to the account. It posted today so I called and was told they couldn't. All citi wants is money and are not interested in the consumer. They lie to get what they want and say "screw you" when you ask for help.

Dec 20, 2020

Home Depot — Cabinet installation

We paid $150.00 non refundable deposit (it would be applied to install) for a measurement for vanity...

Collingwood

Home DepotRefrigerator model PRN7005HW

Home Depot online purchase of Premium 7.1 cu. ft. refrigerator with top freezer — sku # [protected] on 10/20/2020 ($536.56 w/extended warranty) order # cm21051918 — 6 weeks later freezer not working — filed claim 12/6/2020 #[protected] with manufacturer Precision Trading — was told service center will call to set up service call date — still "in process" — no call yet 12 days later — Home Depot [protected]) not helping — emails to manufacturer (Precision Trading Corp. [protected]) are ignored.

Dec 15, 2020

Home Depot — Honoring those who serve (military discount)

Today 15 Dec 2020 I brought my father-in-law into to the Berlin MD store after having a family argument as to...

Dec 14, 2020

Home Depot — Appliance delivered with damage and hd will not help resolve

purchased a samsung washer/dryer set during a home remodel, it was delivered and placed in the garage...

Home DepotEntry door and storm door installation

Contacted the Vineland NJ home depot in reference to the installation of a storm door. I advised the store manager that the installer stated that the door could not be installed as the entry door was installed wrong by the home depot installer. Vineland NJ store sent someone out to look at the entry door and take some measurements. The representative from your store took the measurements and advised me that someone would be contacting me which was approximately 3 months ago. I have yet to hear from anyone concerning my complaint. I was reimbursed the money I paid for the storm door and was told that someone would be contacting me about the inconveinence of losing 3 days work waiting for the install which has also not happened. I spend alot of money with Home Depot but this experience has all but severed that relationship

Home DepotIdentity fraud

There is a hard inquiry on my credit report from November 30, 2020. I've never applied for credit with Home Depot or THD/cbna. This needs to be resolved IMMEDIATELY! I have no other information to provide. Your customer service numbers are completely ineffective for resolving issues like this because you cannot navigate the system to speak to a customer service rep unless you have an account. Again, I've never applied for credit nor do I wish to with, Home Depot. I do not and will not shop at Home Depot.

Identity fraud

Dec 08, 2020

Home Depot — Kitchen cabinet installation

My wife and I are having trouble getting kitchen cabinets installed that have been paid for cense September...