Menu

complaints

Home Depot Complaints Summary

231 Resolved
2147 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Home Depot's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Home Depot has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Home Depot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Home Depot complaints 2378

Sort by:

Newest Home Depot complaints

C
8:46 am EST

Home Depot Cook Top

Companie advertising. Don't believe any of it. They promote their online entity. If you have a complaint returns are no problem . Outright lie. No problem on anything except Appliance. They don't accept returns on anything unless it was damaged in shipping. Then you have 48 hrs to inform them. Cook Tops microwaves etc. They don't accept anything that is not damaged. If it is wrong unit wrong Amperage or changed your mind. Though You bought it you own it All other outlets give you 30 days to a year Not Home Depot

Claimed loss: .

Desired outcome: Return or exchange refund

Dec 09, 2023 10:07 pm EST

We are just closing out the file on certain complaints.

Whereas there is no further communication, we can only assume that this complaint has been resolved to the complainant's approval.

Thank you for providing this opportunity.

Nov 21, 2023 6:11 pm EST

Hi Mr Ferris.

We're extremely sorry you're frustrated with your purchase.

Both The Home Depot and their main competitor, Lowe's, have went to a 48 hour exchange policy on defective appliances. This is not coincidental, as the entire industry has contacted with many of their vendors in doing so.

It is a good idea to confirm you want an item before the purchase.

11:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had our dining and living room done with Lifetime Flooring. Installed these two rooms 10/5/22. We had issues with the installers. They did a horrible job. 4 years earlier we had the kitchen done and we were very pleased with Lifetime flooring. We were trying to reach Rita since July/23. No one ever picks up phone in Auburn, NY flooring when transferred...

View 0 more photos
N
6:47 pm EST

Home Depot Delivery

I purchased a dishwasher on Monday Nov 13th and was told a delivery date of Thursday Nov 16th, I checked the tracking about noon and it was out for delivery. I later received an email telling me that my dishwasher could not be delivered today. I called to get a new delivery schedule and was told that Monday was my new date and when I asked why I could not get my delivery on Friday I was told that Friday was booked up. I don't understand how Friday can be booked up when Thursday deliveries have not been completed. This is not the first time that I have a problem with deliveries with Home Depot products.

Desired outcome: Deliver my dishwasher on Friday November 17th

Dec 09, 2023 10:05 pm EST

We are just closing out the file on certain complaints.

Thank you for providing this opportunity.

Nov 16, 2023 9:52 pm EST

Hi Mr. Morton.

We appreciate hearing from you.

The delivery slots are booked days in advance and the process of prepping the delivery trucks take time. The delivery truck for Fridays delivery was likely already prepped for Friday.

Sorry it couldn't be more positive.

I
1:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a simple carpeting job, but they took over 3 months to get the right measurements, and had to come out 3 times and none of the measurements were the same. Then when we finally were able to have the carpet come in and ready to be installed, the morning they came, the installer figured out the Home Depot got it wrong and said there isn't enough carpet...

4:36 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, Mildred Carneal, purchased this refrigerator at your Home Depot located in Wadsworth Ohio 44281, on October 4, 2023. I wanted a stainless steel so they could not deliver until October 20th. I was ok with that. It was delivered and plugged in and was working. Before the 48 hours were up I noticed the light inside did not stay on, rather it flickered on...

1:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’m writing to express my exasperation with Home Depot Customer Service yesterday at the store in Countryside, IL. Order # H1983-240405. My husband and I purchased an entire suite of LG ThinQ kitchen appliances that were delivered in part on Saturday, November 4th . The dishwasher was not delivered because it was damaged, it was never even taken out of the...

7:24 pm EST

Home Depot Skuc1009529437

Went to Gastonia, NC store today. I wanted to purchase the item: sku #[protected], 4 foot Animated Mickey Mouse. The store was out of stock, as well as 35 other stores I researched. I asked if the display model could be sold and was told "no, it is too early in the season". They also said "they would not be getting anymore in stock". Why does every store that I researched have them on display, but none available, and none available on line, and won't sell the display? I feel this is very unfair advertising.

Please respond to: Julie Hunter, email address: [protected]@gmail.com

Thank you.

Desired outcome: I want to purchase the 4ft Animated Mickey Mouse, sku [protected].

R
8:27 pm EST

Home Depot Credit services

False advertising! They claim you will not be responsible for fraudulent charges but that is not true. I sadly knew the person that made the charges but I did not authorize him to use my card. He admitted to making the fraudulent charges on a police phone while in jail for other crimes. He contacted me to beg me not to press charges and apologized for stealing my authorized users card. Yet still the charges were deemed my responsibility!

Claimed loss: Approximately $3000

Desired outcome: Refund fraudulent charges

Nov 14, 2023 3:23 pm EST

Whereas we haven't heard anything back from you, we can assume the issue has been resolved with your approval.

Nov 09, 2023 12:04 am EST

We're sorry to hear of your frustration and think we may be able to assist.

Part of your agreement with credit services should be for the retailer obtain and retain your authorized signature.

There's a federal law that controls the collection of debt and the reporting thereof.

What was the date of the transaction?

A
7:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Date: 11/7/23. We have a store credit card for about $154 that I received for a returned item about a month ago. I wanted cash instead of store credit, but lost that debate. So, we figured we would get 2 Home Depot cards for $50 each as Christmas presents for our 2 Daughters new homes. Much to my chagrin, I was told anything in the store could be purchased...

C
12:32 pm EST

Home Depot Store in North Lauderdale, FL

The customer service in this store has been poor for a while and just continues to get worse. Went to purchase a circular saw but after being scolded by the employee servicing the area for interrupting him and then not being able to get any other assistance I left the store. I needed assistance because the saws are locked up. I then went to Lowes and purchased the saw. At Lowes you are treated like a customer not an inconvenience.

I have been shopping more and more at Lowes and Ace Hardware due to the very poor quality of customer service at this store even though your store is closer to my home.

In addition I noticed the very low quantity of circular saws on hand. About a third were out of stock and the others only had one available.

E
3:37 pm EST

Home Depot Order of sink and toliet

I orders a sink and a toilet/ the whole process has been nothing but confusion. The order arrived damaged. Ups was to call me pick order up without my consequent.

Can't get a rep on the phone. On hold on text 2- min.

No one knows anything. Can't take my info own/ have to re order. Can't get receipt credit on original order. Spent a week working on this crap.

Text 20 min impossible phone system. Email does not work. No corporate number. Rude rep

Claimed loss: $300.00

Desired outcome: my order completed correctly. speak to someone

S
1:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered over $1500.00 worth of materials for a project that was being done at my house. The materials were scheduled to be delivered to my house on 10/08/2023. I received an e mail saying it will be delivered on time. I called that morning to make sure it will be here. (I had a builder on the job site.) I was assured that it will be delivered that day...

6:48 pm EDT

Home Depot Window screen

Windows including screens that I purchased were installed at tmy residence on 2022. The installer mentioned someone will contact me when the missing screen become available. Feb 14, 2023 I was directed to Home Depot on Nine Mile Rd., from the Davis Hwy location. I spoke with Tony via phone at approximately 11:30a.m. from the Nine Mile Rd., location. He stated someone would contact me. On Sept 29, 2023 I spoke with Ken Busch at the Nine Mile Rd., location. Mr. Busch called the same number I was provided with to contact Tony [protected] at approximately 2:15pm. Mr. Busch stated via Tony that, someone will come out to my home on Monday to measure for the screen. One Oct 3, 2023 I called Tony directly and was informed Josh was out and had just getting back into the office. As of this date, I'm still missing a screen.

12:15 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Home Depot/Asurion failed to complete their part of the Home Depot 5 yr protection plan I purchased with the dryer on 1/8/2020. The process of filing a claim, providing requested info like receipts, photos and finally getting a confirmed repair appointment was very frustrating and I was never able to get the appt for repair. Three separate appointments were...

View 0 more photos
Read full review of Home Depot and 1 comment
G
2:41 pm EDT

Home Depot Kitchen remodel

The Home Depot contractor had 4 days to reface the kitchen cabinets. The contractor left my job unfinished. Lack of correct materials was the main reason. That was a month ago. No one of any customer support will call or contact me as to how much longer my job will be delayed. My customer contacts are;

Shayla, and Taylor [protected] ext 512, or 511. The Home Depot finance company was the first to contact me, they want their money whether the job is started, underway, or finished. Home Depot needs to keep the customers informed. I want my kitchen finished and up to a quality standard. I have lost all confidence in the Home Depot. My name and address of the job site.

Gregg Olsen

508 Yosemite Trl

Mesquite, TX 75149

Desired outcome: I want to be kept up to date on the progress of my home improvement project.

P
4:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I pride myself in keeping my bills paid in full--on time--with using "auto-pay" functions for my credit cards. In August, 2023, my Home Depot Card (handled through CITI Bank) had the account number changed with a new account number issued by action of CITI Bank and not at my request. At no point on the bank originated account change was I notified the "auto...

Read full review of Home Depot and 1 comment
K
2:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rented a kerosene heater from the Home Depot at 3461 Joseph Rd. Cincinnati OH 45251. I picked it up around 9:30 am on 10/28/23. Justin in tool rental told me that the tank should be full (of kerosene). But when he checked it seemed to be very little left. He also said the fuel gushed didn’t seem to be working. I asked him if I could go get a gas can so...

O
9:23 am EDT

Home Depot Warranty company not wanting to fix my dryer

I called the Warranty Protection Plan to file a claim. The do not want to send a repair person out for my dryer, that is 17 months old. It's a simple fix, a fuse. The dryer tumbles, the lint traps are clear, it just will not heat. This is unacceptable . You pay money for the appliance, plus a protection plan, but they don't want to fix. I can't afford to pay out of pocket for a service call and the part in the hopes I may be reimbursed the cost.

Desired outcome: Have my dryer fixed

12:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot non delivery of special order

The order number is H3016-402599

the order was not delivered. I have NOT been able to talk to anyone about this order even though I have called 15+ times and got no answer...or got people who knows nothing...people who transfers the call to offices that do not answer the phone...people who hang up the phone,,,,,,people who cannot help solve the issue. People at your corporate number [protected] who kept me on the line until they reached someone at the store before they transferred the call. Once they transferred me to the store, no one at thestore is available that can help, the callgets transferred to offices that do not answer the phone, or the call drops or the phone hangs up.

I would like to know where is my merchandise that I already paid for? What compensation can I expect for all of the aggravation and inconviences that I have experienced?:

Desired outcome: delivery of the merchandise.compensation for the aggravation and inconviences of waiting all day Saturday and not being able to speak to someone/anyone who has the intellect to help,

V
11:13 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Confirmation for Oct 21, 2023 @ STORE 1246 RESERVATION ID: 5139370 I was having problems with the system glitching, so I called above reference store and Tim, a manager, helped me reserve the cargo van after which I received a confirmation via email. I was notified yesterday that the person before me wanted the van another day so it would be unavailable...

Read full review of Home Depot
How to file a complaint about Home Depot?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Home Depot. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Home Depot Online Purchase" or "Poor Customer Service at Home Depot Store #123".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Home Depot. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the product or service.
  • Specific details of the incident, including dates, locations, and any relevant staff interactions.
  • Any communication you've had with Home Depot regarding the issue, including emails, calls, or in-person conversations.
  • Steps you've taken to resolve the problem and the responses received from Home Depot.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or emotional distress.
Remember to be factual and include as much relevant information as possible to support your complaint.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, photos of the product, or any other evidence that substantiates your claim. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or personal identification numbers.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Home Depot. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, exchange, apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. Check for spelling and grammatical errors as they can affect the credibility of your complaint.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, make sure to regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution of your issue.

Overview of Home Depot customer experience

Home Depot has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers lately. Many people have complained about the poor customer service they received from the company. Some customers have also reported that the products they purchased from Home Depot were of poor quality and did not meet their expectations. Additionally, there have been complaints about the company's delivery and shipping services, with some customers reporting that their orders were delayed or never arrived at all. Overall, Home Depot seems to be struggling to meet the expectations of its customers, and many people are dissatisfied with the company's products and services.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Home Depot contacts