Menu
Family Dollar
reviews & complaints

Family Dollar
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1910 complaints
81 resolved 1829 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Family Dollar. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Family Dollar - Employee

One of your employees at the Covington Tennessee (38019) location on Hwy 51 is a cocaine drug user. We saw her putting it in her nose sitting in her car when we pulled up. I don’t know her name but she is an light skinned lady and her license plate number is BGH 1447 and she drives a white Chevrolet sedan newer model.

This was very disturbing and I had to report it because I love to shop here with my family and always has been going there since they moved to their new location.

10:22 am

Family Dollar - store service and opening

all month of May and June.

Since the beginning of the month of May the store on 44th and Bryant Ave. in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has opened then closed within an hour. It constantly stays dirty and cluttered. The cashiers are rude and are constantly on there phones. They are always short on stock. It may as well be shut down. If not I would recommend a complete remodel of the complete store and a complete change of staff.

Desired outcome: You need to send a Rep. to check this issue as soon as possible, and I would do it without knowledge to the store.

5:45 pm

Family Dollar - Verbal (elder) abuse. Clerk felt disrespected. Even if she was, it handled poorly. Mgmt/lead agreed with how it was handled.

Store #02392 Madison, TNTime1:24 There was an elderly man (80ish)He had obvious problems walking,hearing, speaking w/clear signs of dementia. He saw a different price on the receipt, he got upset & threw the receipt at clerk.She said he “pissed” her off, screamed at him &berated him while giving refund.She verbally abused him and showed contempt.

Desired outcome: Teach employees how to handle conflict

1:03 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A lady stole from the store gave back the items then they proceeded to keep what she paid for pepper prayed her then as she was across the street putting water on her face she couldn't see a person yelled from there home they are taking your dog. they ran an stole her dog an shopping cart out of the next parking lot then said they gave it away but the dog...

V
4:21 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Started to hang them and discovered pin holes in them. Just wanted to exchange them or given a store credit. Was told that I couldn't exchange or given a store credit because I open the package. I asked, "If I didn't open the package then I would not have known that they had pin holes." I was directed to speak to Corey Cooper. I opened the door and he said...

1:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sent the following information (twice 5/30/22 and 6/9/22) to Nissan. I am very concerned. I believe that the product should be removed from store shelves before someone else gets sick. I am 78 years old. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Data from form: Product Issue Form. General data: Date: 09-06-2022...

K
4:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This store is an embarrassment to the neighborhood. There is garbage littered everywhere and waist-high weeds surrounding the building and parking lot. The lack of property care is now encouraging rat infestation. The Owner should contract with a local landscaper/ maintenance company for routine oversight & clean up of this business, as the rest of the businesses and homeowners do. It is a disgrace.

D
12:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Every time I enter the store on stony in chicago this manager harass me. She talk behand my back to other counter and when I asked she says yes I am not talking to you but she talking about me. I have tried to contact top manager of the store and gotten no response. When I enter the store on last week as I was cashing out I askes for cash back the casher...

11:58 am

Family Dollar - The whole store is falling apart

June 16, 2022 no air conditioning emergency! Nearly 100 in Texas.

We here in Oakwood Texas area, depend on this store and we are sad to see it falling apart like this. The sign lights don’t light. Freezer broken, and now it has broken air conditioning. It has been in the upper 90’s all week and the employees and customers have been subjected to this heat for almost a week! They are forced to leave the doors open, just to bring in air. I would think this would be an OSHA violation.

Thanks for listening, and please send help.

Desired outcome: Fix air conditioner, freezer, lighting

2 comments
Jun 16, 2022 3:57 pm

Osha's doesn't have a maximum limit on temperature so it's not a violation. Really you as customers have more control over climate control in stores then the store employees do. If you wouldn't shop in the store with such high temperatures then the company would close the store till it's fixed which they'd fix in no time since they'd be losing sales so it's quite ironic that you complain about the heat when it's your fault the heat is a problem. Way I see it you as customers should be held liable for employee injuries since it is clear you know all you have to do is stop shopping in stores with excessive heat for the store to close or the ac to be fixed.

Jun 17, 2022 7:42 am
Replying to comment of

As you point out those are recommendations and employers have the right to refuse all those recommendations and really a fiscal obligation to not follow those recommendations as these recommendations reduce profitability to shareholders. I understand that you are poor, the only people who shop Dollar stores are welfare and food stamp recipients, but you that doesn't excuse your willful decision to continue shopping at a store that is obviously hazardous when the laws don't protect employees from these hazards. I have a medical condition that makes it to where I can't tell it's hot and I'm currently working at one of these stores that doesn't have AC the only reason I know it's hot is because of the profuse sweating coming off me and I can't tell when I need to slow down or when I need water cause I literally can't feel my body temperature rising. Good thing is I can work without the discomfort that comes with excessive heat, but I still get the consequences from it cause my body still dehydrates and suffer heat strokes more often then most due to not knowing how much trouble I'm in.

M
1:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work next to the Family dollar on Longwood Avenue in the Bronx and I have to say that in all my experiences in retail, this is the worst place I have ever experienced. First of all, management has been notified of the horrible roach infestation multiple times, especially inside the refrigerator and has done nothing to make sure the refrigerated area i...

8:39 pm

Family Dollar - Complaint is on Savannah Barney from Columbia Kentucky Family Dollar

My daughter tried applying for employment through Family Dollar in Columbia Kentucky and my daughter has clean record, High school diploma and there is absolutely no reason she should not be allowed to get hired the hiring manager asked at first when Autumn Chumbley got an application if Autumn would care to work nights and weekends and Autumn replied yes, she could work any shift available. So, they called Autumn in for an interview and this girl Savannah Barney that is regular employee at that location talked the hiring manager into not hiring Autumn because she couldn't stand Autumn at school. I am her mother, and I was literally told this is the reason through another manager that works there is that Savannah talked bunch of smack. This is ridiculous she has been graduated for 3 years now and out of high school and just because her and this girl Savannah did not get along in high school it should not prevent her from being able to be an employee through Family Dollar and this should be slander defamation or discrimination some kind of law that prevents this type of behavior and if Autumn cannot be a Family Dollar employee because of high school then Savannah shouldn't be able to be neither

Jun 12, 2022 4:30 am

I doubt anything was said that would amount to defamation or slander and it definitely wouldn't be discriminatory. Unless Savannah made up fake stories then she did nothing wrong. If she simply said she doesn't like your daughter and gave honest examples why then it's up to the hiring manager to determine if Savannah's word has more probative value then your daughter's interview. Chances are your daughter interview was poor and Savannah's word only solidified what the managers decision was to be anyways. I really don't see a hiring manager passing over an applicant unless they were already in that same camp

1:39 pm

Family Dollar - STORE # 6207

Re: CSM on duty 1245 June 11.

Unprofessional lack of customer coping skills followed wife around store for duration of shopping.

Walking so close could have worn each other's shoe attempting a look in purse finally parked shop cart followed to exit where wife shows content of purse.VERY UNPROFESSIONAL... can't shop because stero type or Jewish prejudice?

Desired outcome: Apologize in person

1:16 pm

Family Dollar - service

6/11/2022 i wnet into the family dollar at stolling i got my items that i needed and went to the counter with them no one around i rang the bell that they have sitting on counter serveral times no response then i went up and down each isle to see if i could see any one nothing so i went to back room and clerk was in there this is a regular ocurrance with this store all the employees and manager are either outside smoking and on their phones or stuck in the back somewhere the store number is 12804 time was 12:39 when i told the clerk about the service she was upset and when it came time to give my change she slapped in my hand with a mad look on her face

e-mail [email protected]

Jun 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Will you inconsiderate immoral people stop shopping in the store when the associates are working. We don't have the time to take care of our jobs on top of having to stop ever 5 minutes to take care of you. We have to go through receiving dozens of write ups because we arent getting to stock out or straightening the store because of having to constantly having to stop and take care of you. Maybe if the company wouldn't give us so many write ups for not having the freight worked or store cleaned we wouldn't mind helping you.

R
10:08 am

Family Dollar - Wrongful termination

I was terminated due to inappropriate social media behavior (facebook), i’m still all the way unclear on what happened, I reported that my page was hacked and showed proof of a individual that was out to get me fired for no reason, I have numerous log in alerts that someone was logging into my accounts and they still terminated me, I worked for the family dollar in davenport iowa on rockingham road, employee # 1213636, I would like this more looked into

Desired outcome: My job back

D
11:10 am

Family Dollar - An employee

I have showed at the store in calhoun georgia ever since it was opened on hwy 41 north, the other day I ask a young women to help me locate a product it had be moved to another place, anyhow, she came over to help not only was she rude but i'm a middle school teacher so I know what pot smells. Like ice had students smoke before class an it has its own smell, an she was covered in it, I hate to complain I know good help is hard to find, but trust me she couldn't be a good employee I did get her name it was tammy lee I just think you should know. I do still shop ther I just don't ask for help anymore. Thank you.

Jun 09, 2022 7:53 am

How are you a middle school teacher and cant spell shopped, woman(not plural), I(really how did you screw up I), and there. You failed to use proper punctuation when moving from separate thought or sentence. How do you even know what marijuana smells like as a middle school teacher? I wouldn't want you to teach my kids if you know. The only reason you would know would be if you sought it out, otherwise you would only know they smelled but you wouldn't be able to identify what the smell was.

N
11:21 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yesterday afternoon, Sunday 6/5/22, about 5:15 pm, I took my adult daughter to the store for regular shopping. Location was 556 West Commerce - Buffalo, Texas 75831. We usually go on a Saturday. I personally do not like to go there because the cashiers are usually rude. There is one in particular that is extremely rude anytime I've encountered her. She act...

S
12:05 am

Family Dollar - Over charge for tealights

On 6-4-22 around 9:41 p.m., I went to my neighborhood Family Dollar to purchase tealights. When the cashier named Quita scanned them, the price rang up to $1.35 including tax. The shelf price displayed $1.00 so I questioned her about it. When I did she got smart with me and said things are going up. So I told her the shelf price was a dollar and if it's supposed to be $1.35 including tax, the shelf price should reflect that. She retorted back to me that when they get the time they will change it. I politely took a picture and this is the result of that interaction.

Desired outcome: I would like the shelf price and the scan price to be the same and I would also like a refund. Last but not least please provide a response.

Jun 05, 2022 5:13 am

The shelf price and scan price will eventually reflect the same, at the very least when the next reset is done the prices labeled will be accurate. Of course if you don't want the candles return policy allows return of unused unopened product within 30 days of purchase.

S
9:32 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Im sorry to complain about an employee in orleans, vt she has a number of times insulted me for stealling or trying.. Which anyone that knows in=m a usual customer, that I will not steal, if my 3 yr old has something ill go right back and pay. But ive had enough. Merrial has acussed me of trying to steal in front of a line full of customers. It was a 4...

L
9:17 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last Friday I accidentally grabbed a bag a cashier said was mine, it was by all my other bags, and left. I didnt notice until I got home. I go to this family dollar almost daily, its on Pipestone Road in Benton Harbor Michigan. The lady told me I said oh yes its sitting on my table. I ran out the house Monday and went to the store and forgot it. The lady...

Q
10:16 am

Family Dollar - Store Hazard

The family dollar located at Riverside and Factory Shoals rd in Austell Ga is a mess..

It's an accident waiting to happen. My elderly mother 80 years old trip and that's what prompt me to email

That store needs to be cleaned up asap or shut it down until your able to get it in functional order. At least 5 aisles are blocked with product entirely and no one is able to reach any items located in those aisle.

This store is deemed a HAZARD and needs immediate attention.

I hope this email gets through to the right people next stop for me will be the news outlet. (whatever it takes to get it fixed or closed)

My name: Quanda Foster

email:[email protected]

Desired outcome: I want to see this store back in functional working order and show our neighborhood the integrity we deserve

2 comments
May 31, 2022 3:15 pm

When an aisle is blocked off you aren't suppose to go down it. Just because the aisle is their doesn't mean you should go down it. If I'm got a uboat on the pet food aisle then that means for the foreseeable future the pet food aisle is off limits regardless whether or not you only went to the store for pet food, go to a store where they already got through the pet food.

May 31, 2022 9:48 pm
Replying to comment of

Seeing how you are special needs, let's try to really explain this in LAYMAN's terms even though empirical evidence says you won't understand. There isn't a safety issue if you avoid obvious hazards such as blocked aisles. You obviously see the hazards so why are you intentionally going down those aisles anyways. You can't complain that you don't like a certain food when you are the one who orders it

Family Dollar contacts