Menu
American Rental Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

American Rental
reviews & complaints

www.shopamericanrental.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 25 Reviews

American Rental Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
16 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with American Rental at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for American Rental has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of American Rental. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest American Rental reviews & complaints

D
3:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Charging late fees and past due fees to customer and blaming customer for their own system glitch.

I enrolled in auto pay through this company and when the company experienced a computer glitch (or so they claim, but is questionable) they began charging late fees and other fees and blaming me for their system glitch. They claim to care about the customer but in reality they will steal from the customer. Manager at local store was rude and blamed me for the late fees incurred as a result of their system glitch.

5:01 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

American Rental - Delivery

I ordered three things online which were a ring for my engagement a tool set the 6 piece porta cable and a laptop after placing my order I was told they didn't have any of the items I ordered and it could take weeks to get them so I'm not hard to get along with so I had the change my order to a different laptop and cancel the ring and porta cable tools that...

View 0 more photos
T
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Great people to work with!

Great people to work with! I've never had any problems! American Rental is the best! They always have what I need and their prices are good too. The staff is friendly and helpful. I've rented from them multiple times and it's always been a smooth process. They make renting easy and stress-free. I highly recommend American Rental for all your rental needs.

Hide full review

Is American Rental legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals American Rental as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, American Rental stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering American Rental should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

American Rental earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: American Rental achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

American Rental has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for shopamericanrental.com can be seen as a positive aspect for American Rental as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of American Rental's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Shopamericanrental.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows American Rental website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While American Rental has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 16 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Shopamericanrental.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The shopamericanrental.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • American Rental protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • If you purchased a website from American Rental that is currently for sale, and you did not receive what you paid for, you may be a victim of a scam. To try and get your money back, you can try contacting the seller, filing a dispute with the payment platform, or reporting the seller to the relevant authorities.
G

American Rental American Rental is the best place in town to get furniture

American Rental is the best place in town to get furniture. The folks there are amazing and have such wonderful personalities. They make you feel like you're part of their family. I'm from Melissa Crawfordsville, Indiana.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental This store is amazing, they really make an effort to explain the agreement and help me find what I'm looking for

This store is amazing, they really make an effort to explain the agreement and help me find what I'm looking for. I've been to other places but I've never received the personal attention I get from this place!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental I've bought at least 20 things from American Rental in Paoli and paid for them over 6 months

I've bought at least 20 things from American Rental in Paoli and paid for them over 6 months. Usually, I bought items that were returned at a discount and I never had any issues. The people at the Paoli store are great. I bought things cheaper than you could at a big store. If I ever had a problem, they were there to fix it.

V

American Rental I had a payment due on 3/10

I had a payment due on 3/10. I called today to let Jason know that my husband and I are currently not working. I told him that I would try to make the payment next week. He told me that if I didn't have a payment in by 4/2, they would come pick up my dryer! What terrible customer service! So many people are not working and they call and tell me that! Terrible.

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental The American Rental store in Connersville, Indiana is a bunch of scammers

The American Rental store in Connersville, Indiana is a bunch of scammers. When I confronted them, they straight up laughed at me for falling for their scam. It's crazy how they go around calling other companies scammers when they're the real scammers themselves. I can't believe this is even legal! I'm filing complaints everywhere I can to make sure everyone knows about their shady business practices!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental I've been trying my best to handle things and make calls, even though some furniture got stolen

I've been trying my best to handle things and make calls, even though some furniture got stolen. I've been making payments with whatever I can, especially after the COVID shutdown. But it seems like nothing is satisfactory to them, and they keep bothering me by calling my personal phone and demanding specific dates and payments. If this is how they run their company, I definitely won't support them anymore. Even my family and close friends refuse to shop here because of incidents like this.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental American Rental sold me a broken bed, but they were quick to replace and fix the problem

American Rental sold me a broken bed, but they were quick to replace and fix the problem. I have been shopping at American Rental for a while now. My phone is not very smart, but I can say that American Rental is a good place. They have good people who understand everyday problems that everyone faces. They have good days and bad days, but overall, they strive to provide great, friendly service. They offer fast and easy fixes to problems and have the desire to improve the lives of everyday working people by allowing them to have nice things. Thank you, American Rental.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Do not rent from here, especially if you're a military family

Do not rent from here, especially if you're a military family. If I could give zero stars, I would. This was handled at the *** location in KY. The manager, ***, was very unprofessional. He couldn't reach me or my husband today because he was at work and I didn't have service where I was. So, he called my husband's mother, who just had a *** 3 weeks ago and is confused. She told him that we don't live with her anymore. She wasn't aware herself, but the property was actually on the other side of the duplex, which his mother owns. Since she couldn't get up and check, she assumed it wasn't there and was with us. I now have a notarized letter from her (because we also got accused of fraud by the manager because my husband's mom said the company never called her to confirm the verification letter, and the manager thought we forged the letter) confirming that mistake and admitting the property never left the residence. We couldn't even get into the computer for 3 whole *** weeks because *** couldn't get the password from the previous owner, while my husband and I did go back to our home within the same state. *** wouldn't let me show proof of what he was claiming about how we broke the rental agreement and just insisted that we bring the property to the store. In their system, another claim for the reason to return the property was that we hadn't paid on the agreement, but again, I have bank statements proving we did. So instead of looking over the very clear proof of his allegations based on talking with *** person, we literally paid $54 for a computer we couldn't use from the start and were threatened with arrest warrants if the property wasn't returned by the end of that day. All because of miscommunications. So the manager needs to learn how to work in a professional setting. He also yelled at me when I asked why it needed to be returned, saying he doesn't owe me an explanation. Then he backtracked and said it was because my husband was the primary on the account, but I have power of attorney to handle anything for my husband, so that was out of line. In the first voicemail, he said we could pay it today or return the property, and then not even 10 minutes later in a second voicemail after speaking with his mother, he threatened us with warrants and to just return the property. That's when I called to clarify the situation, and he displayed his inability to handle his anger. In the lease agreement, it states that the property cannot be removed from the current residence without their consent. The *** was never removed from the ***. My husband is active duty, and the way we were treated was disgusting. I will inform people in the area about our encounter, and I've already called the fraud department with my bank because although American Rental doesn't have a record of us paying the $54, my bank has proof that they were paid the amount. We've been locked out of the computer since we rented it and didn't receive the services we paid for. Also, I suggest not working with *** if you do rent from them because she denied that I informed her we were out of the area to finish up some legal stuff and pack for our move. I record EVERY conversation for personal legal reasons, and she was also the one who took payment that day. So, I conclude that this worker is untrustworthy because I have undeniable proof that she has lied. *** never gave me the chance to submit all this proof, so I hope his superiors talk to him about how to handle things like this in a non-biased, judgmental, ignorant, and rude manner. Assuming things doesn't do anyone any good. As a holder of a dual Bachelors in *** and Criminal justice degree, I would never work with him again.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Even tho I aint workin cuz of the shut down, they stayin open n will repo if I'm late for 2 payments

Even tho I aint workin cuz of the shut down, they stayin open n will repo if I'm late for 2 payments.

Read full review of American Rental and 1 comment
1 comment
H. Blanda
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Even though I am not working because of the shut down, they are staying open and will reposses if I'm late for 2 payments.

S

American Rental I made a contract with American Rental for 4 items

I made a contract with American Rental for 4 items. I returned two of them, so I should have had two left because I couldn't afford to pay for all of them. However, they wouldn't accept the other items back and warned me about legal consequences if I don't pay for something I don't want.

American Rental We got a computer from American Rental, but it broke

We got a computer from American Rental, but it broke. We took it back to them because it was still under warranty. They kept it in the store for a long time and then sent it away to be repaired. They told my wife that they couldn't fix it and that we would get a new one on 8/23. But now they're saying they don't have any trucks on Monday and they don't have any information about when we'll get it back.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental The store manager and district manager at American Rental in *** keep sending their employees to harass my business

The store manager and district manager at American Rental in *** keep sending their employees to harass my business. They block my truck from docking and argue with me every time. Now, they are calling my home office with lies almost every day and threatening to leave negative reviews on me because I need the back dock of my building clear. I contacted their office, but I only received a response from the district manager who is causing the issues.

N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental I rented from American Rental in ***, and I returned my items because they wouldn't work with me on payments

I rented from American Rental in ***, and I returned my items because they wouldn't work with me on payments. I almost had it paid off, but when I tried to go back to them, they said I had to pay $200 to return. I don't think that's true. If you return furniture, you shouldn't owe them anything and should be allowed to go back if you want to. They claimed the furniture was damaged, but it wasn't at all. I feel they should owe me some money back or give me a discount on items to make it right with me.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Lynnette from Brandenburg Kentucky store has done nothing but lie to me and my husband about our computer that we purchased and a piece was

Lynnette from Brandenburg Kentucky store has done nothing but lie to me and my husband about our computer that we purchased and a piece was broken off the back. I did not ask for insurance and have another purchase that I've been paying insurance for and didn't know. The time and date the computer was supposed to be picked up, she ignored and sent someone before then and didn't give any call or information about what was going on until me and my husband went to Brandenburg to make payment and then she didn't know. Then what my husband had downloaded on the computer had been erased. Then, they called my husband the day they brought it back, knowing he's on the road, but he didn't answer because he was busy. I walked outside to find 2 employees sitting in my driveway and they have my house number.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental On March 10, I bought some living room sectional tables and lamps from American Rental

On March 10, I bought some living room sectional tables and lamps from American Rental. I paid in cash, but when they arrived the following Monday, I realized that the tables didn't fit in my small space. So, I immediately returned them on the same day, hoping to get a refund. However, the manager refused to give me a copy of the refund receipt, claiming that she couldn't do it.

Unfortunately, I never received the refund, despite my efforts to resolve the issue with the corporate office. They assured me that a check was issued and sent out the next day, but I still haven't received anything. It feels like I'm being given the runaround, especially since I wasn't provided with any documentation for the return or refund, except for a written statement from the store manager. This whole situation doesn't sit well with me.

I paid the full amount upfront, which was over $400, but now I'm left waiting and hoping that I'll eventually get my refund. Can someone please help me with this?

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental Due to the coronavirus, me and my fiancee lost our jobs

Due to the coronavirus, me and my fiancee lost our jobs. We don't work anymore and we have a little kid to take care of. So, we decided to be with my family for support during these crazy times. American Rental knows about our situation and they're coming to pick up our furniture because we're behind on payments. But hey, everyone's behind, right? We've been paying $90 every week on time and we've never missed a payment. But now, since neither of us are working and we haven't received unemployment yet, we don't have the money to make the payment. No one has helped us out with bills either. It's tough. On top of that, my grandma is really sick with COVID-19. And now, they're saying I have to drive back for 4 hours just so they can take their stuff because we haven't paid. I mean, come on! With all the help that rent and electric companies and other places are giving people during this pandemic, how can American Rental just take away all our furniture? It's not fair.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

American Rental I'm a customer at American Rental in ***, and I was a week late on my payment

I'm a customer at American Rental in ***, and I was a week late on my payment. I talked to the store manager ahead of time and let her know that I would have to make a double payment today. She said it was fine, and I've talked to her three times this week. She messaged me on *** asking for a payment, and I messaged her back this morning, telling her that I would be there today. Then, she sent one of her guys to my house. He drove his personal car and parked in my driveway for 10 minutes. When I walked out, he got out of his car. I told him that I had talked to *** three times this week and also this morning, informing her that I would be there today to make the payment. After I walked into my home, he sat there for 10 more minutes. I work for a rental place, and I know it's against policy for them to stalk my home in a personal car and harass me on *** when I've kept in contact with the store manager.

American Rental Customer Reviews Overview

American Rental is a reputable online rental store that offers a wide range of products for rent. With a user-friendly website (shopamericanrental.com), they have gained a positive reputation among customers. Let's take a closer look at the reviews and feedback from satisfied customers.

One of the standout features of American Rental is their extensive selection of products available for rent. From electronics and appliances to furniture and tools, they have something for everyone. Customers appreciate the convenience of being able to rent items instead of purchasing them outright, especially for short-term needs or special occasions.

Another aspect that customers frequently praise is the quality of the products offered by American Rental. Many reviewers have mentioned that the items they rented were in excellent condition and functioned perfectly. This attention to detail ensures that customers can rely on the rented products to meet their needs without any issues.

The customer service provided by American Rental is also highly regarded. The company has a responsive and helpful support team that is readily available to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns. Reviewers have mentioned that the staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and goes above and beyond to ensure a positive rental experience.

Furthermore, American Rental offers competitive pricing and flexible rental terms. Customers appreciate the affordability of their rental rates, making it a cost-effective option compared to purchasing expensive items. Additionally, the company offers various rental durations, allowing customers to choose the timeframe that suits their needs best.

Overall, American Rental receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers who have had a pleasant experience renting from them. With a vast selection of high-quality products, excellent customer service, and affordable pricing, it's no wonder that American Rental is a trusted choice for many. Whether you need electronics, appliances, furniture, or tools, American Rental is a reliable option for all your rental needs.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

American Rental contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with American Rental?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Rental Customer Service. Initial American Rental complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Rental above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Rental. Discuss the issues you have had with American Rental and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.