Family Dollarfraud & cheating!

P

I purchased one NET10 phone for $30.00 which included 300 free airtime minutes. Subsequent/additional minutes sell at 300 minutes for $30.00. Because I receive many unsolicited phone calls, I returned to Family Dollar to purchase a second phone with a new number. The price had changed and the terms which include the words "300 minute bonus" were unclear. When I inquired, the salesclerk assured me that the 300 free minutes would automatically be added to my phone as soon as I activated it. WRONG! NET10 only gave me 10 minutes. When I tried to return the phone to Family Dollar less than 24 hours later, the manager (Locust Street store in Terre Haute Indiana) said sue us, it will cost much more for a lawyer than what you lost. I e-mailed Dollar General headquarters but received no response. They, under the circumstances just described, are no better than thieves.

• Updated by Ailsa Ross · May 23, 2019

A couple of typos I'm sorry I'm upset

• Updated by 1372 · Jan 09, 2019

Cashier stealing gets away with at pine Grove manger doing her job

• Updated by Shandora George · Sep 21, 2018

I'LL never buy anything electronic from family dollar again

• Updated by Dtrigg420 · Jun 29, 2018

His name is Ryan

• Updated by Karen1977 · May 29, 2018

West judge perez

• Updated by Tperry05 · Apr 25, 2018

Illegal activity

• Updated by noneyabizziness · Mar 08, 2018

i asked for the number to the corporate office and she gave me the wrong number.

• Updated by Lamar Johnson · Oct 07, 2017

Not happy

• Updated by Gordon Turner · Jul 26, 2017

this store on 228 Nagle Ave. is the worst when it comes to customer service. always empty(out of stock) at times when looking for certain items. an aisle full of boxes not opened. certain cashiers give you attitude for asking a simple question, and only cashier working on long lines taking their sweet time and holding customers up like we are on their time which they have a lack of respect for their customers. This is a poor representation of the name Family Dollar.

• Al
    Alice Pagan Feb 29, 2020

Store # 09063 this store very rude low customer service

• Im
    Imtiredofitall Feb 19, 2020

Lawsuit about to filed against District Manager.

• Er
    Eric Cash Jan 24, 2020

Sad and bs stuff like this happens!!

• Su
    Suzi.b Jan 19, 2020

You no longer carry these two items in the Dahalia Road store in Pahrump, NV. I have purchased them for years and now they are no longer available. So sad that such good sellers are no longer available.

• Da
    David Burdick Jan 01, 2020

Employees are always late. This is the 4th week where there are no employees at the store when it is supposed to be open. Store is supposed to open at 8 am. It is now 822 and nobody is here.

• Kn
    knobhill Nov 27, 2019

Questions about pricing during checkout resulted in your employee arguing price with lacking knowledge. Exit blocked and your employee made fun of mylack of direction towards the exit. No reason for the piss poor lack of service by your employee. I will not hesitate advising all to avoid your stores. Store dirty and disorganized.

Sarah Gwen Nov 27, 2019

I have had 4 of the tall kitchen garbage bags rip on the side seam, so far, out of this box. They are the flap tie.

Champrel Nov 25, 2019

Terrible customer service from manager! She was very rude and she wouldn't give me her name so I could take farther actions

• Te
    Terbar11 Nov 23, 2019

Attendant refused to allow customers to utilize restroom told two different stories first the key was lost and second the key was locked in the bathroom. This issue is that we were traveling through and there was no other location. I would have respected the attendant if the story didn't change.

• Ty
    tykeria baker Nov 06, 2019

When you come in . It's boxes of frate everywhere. There's never nothing on the shelves . Line is always long . When you ask the associates where anything is they say they are out of it .

Jackie Nesbitt Nov 05, 2019

I wanted to purchase a heater. Asked the cashier if the store has any. Each cashier asked the other if they had any. Neither wanted to check. One cashier asked the other to check. The cashier replied, Hell no. However one decided to check and I was able to purchase the heater. Customer Service goes a long way. I won't return to this location.

• Tm
    tmpmustang gmailcom Nov 05, 2019

NO PRICE SCANNERS IN STORE OR ON WEBSITE (Carencro, Louisiana )
    FAMILY DOLLAR should add a price scanner on the FAMILY DOLLAR website since there is no scanners in the store and only two employees.
    Check out Walmart and dollar generals website with a price scanner.
    Ty
    Tina

• Ri
    [email protected] Oct 28, 2019

bunch of lazy workers saying they dont stock powerades says its the vendor job need someone to call me [protected]

• Ti
    Tia Ria Oct 12, 2019

I was just wondering the Policies on a sell items that rings up a penny?My mom was At the register and a item Was ringing up for a penny, the employee said she couldn't sell it to my mom for a penny. I'm wondering why she couldn't sell it to my mom when she found it on the sell rack? 10/4/2019

Martrell Oct 12, 2019

I was charged well iver the 10.25 percent sales tax in illinois.i will be reporting this to the better bureau and news outlets. This is unacceptable in our neighborhood.

Markika Oct 07, 2019

This customer service in the location is horrible!!! The store doesn't have any shopping carts for customers to use. When you an employee as to why there are no more shopping carts they ignore you or say " I don't know" They blame it on the customers for taking the carts outside the store.

• De
    DeeplySad Customer Sep 28, 2019

Recently you terminated one of the most pleasant, friendly hard working employees I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, her name was Angel. I feel your store will most certainly suffer in sales due to her no longer being employeed there. I still shop at your store but prefer else where unless need be.

• To
    Tommyb1966 Sep 28, 2019

3 times in the last 30 days this store was closed before 8pm. This is a huge pain I'm going to quit going here. It use to be organized... not anymore more stuff is in the isles then on the shelf

Anita Thorpe Sep 21, 2019

Refused to take my return said there return system was down but I noticed they could ring up other customers. The family dollar store on Portland Ave gladly gave me my return and said the other store manager lied to my face.

• Do
    Doshiedoe Aug 17, 2019

I didn't make charges, did not go to the store. Invalid purchase and unauthorized use of card, been making complaint, on August 10 6.19 mobile purchase at Maple Street location, August10 21.62 Maple Street location mobile purchase, August 10-3.33 maple street

• Ly
    LydsMartin Aug 04, 2019

This store has a RACIST STORE MANAGER. She is constantly making fun of pretty much anyone who walks into the store, especially Mexicans calling them "f---ing re---ds". She racially profiles people and follows them through the store. She's constantly cussing and especially in front of children!! ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! I will NEVER return to here!

• 13
    1372 Jun 23, 2019

There two faced I should ofgit the poss en the assignment manager is sick I should be able to get that place and how dare they write in my task sheet or aloud and Amy Lemasters can 😘 my [censored] amhes a bit h to work for, I don't think any one likes here she has cancer so she will die anhow

• Ar
    Armelda Henson Jun 11, 2019

We bought a phone card phone from family dollar it was a $15 tracfone card when we went home we scratched the back off to get the pin and it says it's invalid we contacted the manager at family dollar and tra done they said to rescan the card family dollar employee told us to call you all for a reference number where we could get this took care of

• Lb
    Lboard224 Jun 05, 2019

Charged tax on food. Not gum or soda but on pace picante sauce. According to my understanding this is not taxable in state of Ohio. How many dollars is the company raking in by not doing anything to address this

Cherise Jones Jun 04, 2019

I drove 20 minutes to the family dollar closest to me and the doors were locked when I arrived at 9:35pm. The guy sitting at the register signaled to me that they were closed, although it appeared he was just sitting there reading a magazine. Someone also pulled up after me and tried to get it to no prevail. They then cut off the lights at 9:41pm.

• Ai
    Ailsa Ross Jun 02, 2019

Went to store 1170 today I am a previous assistant manager at that store. I wad denied use of coupons. Product isn't where its suppose to be so their isn't honoring prices. No one speaks when entering music is extremely loud.

• Ai
    Ailsa Ross Jun 01, 2019

• Ru
    Ruibn Mik Apr 17, 2019

Manager is name vickie she's not professional very aggressive to customers shows violent

Marilyn53 Feb 12, 2019

I feel that. This. Man should be. Fired. He. Said. That. He. Was the. Manger. But I don't think. So. He. Use. Bad. Name. On me. And. Was squeeze. All though the store

• Sh
    Sherron Sherman Feb 11, 2019

This location closes whenever they want to. It is 9:35 PM eastern standard time. The store is supposed to close 10 PM according to the posted hrs. I called from outside the store because I could see the staff and was told they closed at 9:30 because they didnt have any customers lately. This is the closest store to me but it makes me go elsewhere.

Chatrese Feb 11, 2019

Was told by store Manager #8328 that they received an e-mail and were told by corporate to not sell anymore comforters at advertised price after he told me that he had already sold about seven yesterday. Unacceptable.

• 13
    1372 Jan 22, 2019

I can't figure it out why would you steal and not get intouble it's bull crapaome one needs to do something

• Or
    Orangeshurt Jan 05, 2019

Bad customer service they lock doors while customers are shopping, they open the store at 8:30 when the store opens at 8:00 am. The night time manager lady's bad attitude and the frozen food be out dated employees loud music playing throughout the store.

Joshuamiles214 Dec 11, 2018

The employee inside of Family Dollar was harassing me saying I stole something and searched me and I didn't steal anything then said don't come back after searching me and was very very rude I don't appreciate this attitude from family dollar employee.

• Cl
    Closefds Nov 19, 2018

Sorry NASTY employees sorry rude NOTHING about the place is with a [censored] need to piss on the the fire and CALL the DOGS PARKING LOT NASTY STORE NASTY Need to get FDS SPRAY AND USE INSIDE AND OUT!

• Mr
    MrsWilder Nov 13, 2018

The assistant manager goes on 45 mins breaks on the clock sits at the computer thats in the open and watches the store get busy. Does not help out employees answers her personal phone in front of customers and walks off to talk on her phone and does not serve customers.

• Na
    Nardia Greaves Nov 06, 2018

I brought a razor from your store a few weeks ago and I use it yesterday well showering and it cut me really bad in two different places i would like someone to contact me regarding this matter.

Anonymous20199 Nov 05, 2018

Store employee was groped on the breasts on camera and the cops are issue ing a warrant with possible adding a charge of forcible touching.

• Pa
    Parnell Fairley Nov 05, 2018

I Brought a cord form the family dollar store and it lasted 2 days. I went back to the store to return it. Malaga NJ store. The young manager said I can not return any electronics after its open. I said how would you know its any good unless you open it. She said thats the store family dollar policy.

• Mr
    Mrs.Gift Nov 04, 2018

Caroline & the "security guard" manhandled my 13 year old son. Over a false claim I had 1 of the workers come to my car to search it to prove my son has absolutely no reason to steal anything. It was to much disrespectful from the employee. & the guard putting his hands on my son calling him a shoplifter.