Having problems with Stop & Shop?

Stop & Shop Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stop & Shop Customer Service. Initial Stop & Shop complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stop & Shop above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stop & Shop. Discuss the issues you have had with Stop & Shop and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Stop & ShopEmployment

Hi I had applied for a job at stop n shop in Newport ri on Bellevue ave previously and my daughter had got ill so I didn't make my first day of work I didn't call also but I had the decency to call and tell him im very sorry about not showing what had happened and I thanked him for the job opportunity anyways he said yeah you should have called the position had been filled I thought I can't blame him for that so I waited a few month and reapplied and he I called he laughed on my face and said you didn't show so I had to list you as unhireable because and emergency that's not right he didn't ask for proof or anything it's a very downgrading experience that I went through I hope he doesn't treat his employees this way I will never work at stop n shop and I will not shop there ever again very unprofessional

Stop & ShopLack of food samples

I would like formally log a complaint about your company's current policy of denying customers the ability to try deli samples in the store. This is a long-standing practice and is necessary to determine the quality of the product to be bought. We are now 10 months into COVID response and it is no longer appropriate to blame the virus for the lack of service, especially when we have states with limited to no COVID restrictions at all (Florida, Texas, South Dakota) where Shop & Stop operates and things are business as usual. It is time to get back to normal and start offering the same services to customers as you did pre-COVID. Also, in your response, please clarify if it is a corporate standard or store discretion.

Stop & Shopnight crew workers

I shop at the Stop & Shop store at 25 Kinnelon Road in Kinnelon NJ and I find it disturbing that your night crew workers do not all wear a mask while working. If the general public must wear one to shop then the workers should respect customers and wear their masks while the store is open and people are shopping. I notice that they just slip it on as you walk by them and sometimes they don't bother at all. If they do not wish to wear a mask then they should not start working until the store is closed. They are breathing all over the product they are packing out and spreading germs, so I think a mask is appropriate. I have seen this on several shopping trips there, not just on one occassion. Also, it is not a mouth covering, it is a face covering so it should be worn over the nose and mouth.

Jan 04, 2021

Stop and Shop — Unethical behaviour

I am a North Reading resident.. For over 35 years.. Who loves to shop at the stop and shop... The store i...

North Reading

Stop & ShopLobster sold out

I went to local Stop n shop to get some lobsters for New Year's Eve dinner. When I arrived we headed back to the lobster area, there were approx 20 lobsters in the tank so I was happy as I had told my family that I was gonna cook lobster for them. So there was a lady in line so I got in line behind her. There was only 1 person working the counter so I stood there for approx 10 to 15 minutes. Just as the lady in front of me about to be done a different guy walked out with a sign that the lobster are sold out. So I said how can these be sold out there is no one in line in front of me? He said someone called in to reserve and if I wanted to shop around for a half hour or so they may have some left???? To say the least I was not at all happy with how this went down... so I said when I got here I should have called while I was in line waiting????? He repeated if I want to hang around for a half hour he may have some for me. I left and was not happy ( I don't even eat lobster so this was principal at this point. I was walking out and approached the store manager, I explained my service and he stated, well they must have been called in to hold them.. if this is your policy the. You really should consider changing it. I thankfully have other options in my town and will now support them with ALL my food needs moving forward as well as share this experience with everyone I know... This is a horrible way to handle any business.. If someone else's money is better then mine (or you allow a phone call in to be more important then a customer in the store) to you then you won't get any of mine moving forward.

Pissed off ex-customer

Jan 02, 2021

Stop & Shop — The manager Kyle, does not make sure there’s enough shopping carts. Many of the shopping carts are left in the parking lot.

Some of the employees are rude and abusive to customers. Some of the employees and management speak in a...

Stop & ShopNot following COVID regulations

I was at the Stop & Shop on 22 Kingstown Road, Richmond RI 02898, Store #729. They allowed a gentleman to do his shopping without a mask. I told the store manager and he told me it was just a recommendation for their store. I believe it is a state law in Rhode Island. This should not be allowed. The gentleman was also belligerent using profanity. This is exactly how we won't get this virus under control with manager's and employees who are afraid to confront and enforce these rules on patrons.

Stop & ShopCustomer service

I mistakingly bought 5 packs of 4 $10 Starbucks gift cards when I only wanted 5 $10 cards. A difference of $150. When I realized looking at the receipt because of the $ total I walked right from the register to customer service without leaving the store and was told no refunds on gift cards! The manager would not move to fix it. It's the holiday season and a $150 purchase I didn't intend to make is huge for me. I understand if I had gone home snd brought them back but I was still in the store with my receipt and all my groceries in the cart less than 5 minutes from completing the transaction. Can this be corrected? It's very difficult for me

Dec 27, 2020

Stop & Shop — Check out - payment

I was at the Stop and Shop on Main Street in Southington, CT. This was December 23, 2020. One of the biggest...

Dec 26, 2020

Stop & Shop — Store not following covid-19 health protocols

As a long time shopper at this store, where I do the bulk of my grocery shopping, I was very upset by seeing...

Stop & ShopLucky leaf apple pie filling

The Lucky Leaf Pie filling I recently ordered for online pickup at Stop & Shop 1135 Farmington Avenue, Berlin, CT had an expired date of 11/17/2020. I didn't notice this until I opened the can on 12/17/2020. I threw it away. I believe your employees need to do a better job of noticing expiration dates on your items. I would appreciate a refund. Thanks.

Linda Maxwell
              78 Sbona Road
              Berlin, CT 06037
              email: [protected]@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2020

Stop and Shop #0524 — Acadia spring water natural 24 pk

I purchased a 24 pack of Stop & Shop Acadia Spring Water. On December 11, 2020 I went to recycle the...

Washingtonville

Stop & Shop31-40 cooked shrimp

I just got home and was unpacking my groceries. I wanted to get to the already cooked shrimp (hungry). These are the ones that were on display.

I mixed up cocktail sauce, of which the ingredients I bought from you...bit in to one and they were soft and slimy. I got this after having to go back to the seafood counter because, even after paging someone, no one was there to assist.

I love shopping at your store but this makes me wonder.

I paid $13.88 for the shrimp and want a credit/refund.

Thanks.

Mick Ruggiero

Stop & ShopDigital coupons on the app

I lost all of my clipped coupons on the app suddenly a couple of days ago. I called to try to fix the problem and they were no help at all. They wanted me to give them the specific coupons that disappeared. How could I possibly know that? there were 50 or more coupons that vanished. I am done shopping at your stores. It seems very dishonest that these coupons all just disappear. There was free items there as well. I will go to shoprite from now on, good riddance.

Nov 16, 2020

Stop & Shop — Employee complaint at store #843

There was a middle age white male employee I have never seen before who appeared to be a manager in the Stop...

Nov 08, 2020

Stop & Shop — Harassment from Deli staff

Hello, I just left the Stop & Shop in Cromwell, CT. Today is November 8th. I had a very upsetting...

Nov 06, 2020

Stop & Shop — Negative experience

First of all, I wanted to say that I am a loyal employee for over 10 years and usually shop at stop n shop...

Stop & ShopPricing misleading

Yesterday (11/6/20), I shopped at store # 443 in Attleboro, MA and a large display of apples had the signs posted as tote apples as $. 99 ! I checked to see if this was a pound, but all signs were 99 cents. Since that was a great buy I bought two. When I looked at my receipt it cost me over $5 per bag! This was still a good price but I wouldn't have bought two if I had known. Please have these signs corrected. I checked today and was the same. Thank you.#22******5893.

Stop & ShopMisc

I was in your store I guess your receipt says 10/24/20 at store #8 at 3:25pm
                      Is there something wrong with you employees? I don not want your employees harrassing me to be dee. I has two denise harrass assault shoot me and one of there ex-husband raped me and put it and tape. I fully expect this behavior to stop. I am not interested in there violet insulin drugging family.

Oct 15, 2020

Stop & Shop — Fish department service

The Stop&Shop store at 1710 Ave Y, Brooklyn, NY 11235 stopped removing scales from the fish they sell...