Menu
Real Canadian Superstore
reviews & complaints

Real Canadian Superstore
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

566 complaints
11 resolved 555 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Real Canadian Superstore. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
11:04 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Bad customer service

My husband and I were going thru the till at 10:43 this past Friday and after a good 10 min wait they finally opened another till just to find out that they had all tills collected and so we couldn’t pay with cash it had to be debit They didn’t do anything to inform the people in the line up. So while we waited for the other half dozen people ahead of us the lady informed the person ahead of us the debit only thing and I happen to over hear it. Well we only had cash on us so we had just wasted our time wandering around the store to find some stuff we could munch on for dinner on while on the road and standing in your line up just to find out it was for nothing. We were on our way back to PG and this quick stop to grab some food ended up being a total waste of time and very unprofessional customer service. Absolutely disappointed

S
7:52 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Cashier

Was purchasing groceries and cashier in Yorkton (Holly) was rude and unhelpful when an item she missed was not checked out when identified to her. This happened last week when my family and children were present. She appeared to be distracted or tired. The item missed was a bag of sweet onions and a package of pork chops. The items were on the conveyor but she ignored me when I asked if she rang them in.

Desired outcome: Needs to be trained on customer service and to ask is that everything.

I
9:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

There’s been some issues with Superstore staff who works in groceries and at costumer service at 80 Bison dr. When I do comes to shop, have being harassed and intimidated. They are Bullies, but am not afraid of them, they are annoying just like flies. Mostly when am cashing out at the cashier, some one always showed up just to blocked me, provocations not...

F
7:58 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Baked in house Bread

To whom this may concern:

I have been buying your "baked in house" bread for many years. It is by far the best tasting and my husband and I prefer it over any other brands.

However, I am in shock at how much the price jumped in such a short period of time. It went from $1.77 to $1.99 and, as of right now, it is $2.49!

Now I realize there may be a supply problem with some items but not with "in house baked bread." Notice the sour dough bread price did not change. What's with that. Maybe it would cost too much to change the price sign.

I did buy 2 loaves of "our" favorite bread today, but I thought I should let you know what I thought of your price gouging.

Thank you for your concideration in this matter.

Frances Miller

1675 Smith Ave.

Coquitlam, B.C.

V3J2Y4

[protected]

[protected]@telus.net

Desired outcome: Return the cost of the "in house baked bread" to it's original price. (That would be greatly appreciated).

J
1:14 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a pack of chicken breasts last week and finally took it out of the freezer to cook it. Well when I opened the package, I find that there is BONE LEFT on both breasts. I paid 8.94 for a package that is .564 kg, the the weight of the bone was .176 kg. I am very disgusted, that in the times with inflation, this is how you are trying to steal from your...

T
1:00 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Multiple buy requirements

I do not know who in your head office who shuffles paper thought up the brilliant idea of multiple buying at set price. That may have been great while the economy was good. As a low income two person household it makes no sense for me to purchase 2 ,3 or four products to save a few dollars. I’m sure the people that think this is a fantastic idea at your office very good salary and probably even get a discount at the store. I’ve shared my views on a page on Facebook hoping it catches on. I am so disgusted by the greed in these hard times.

Desired outcome: . I could state my desired outcome however I know that this will fall on deaf ears. The rich keep getting richer while the poor struggle day today. Hope your shopping and experience is not as traumatic as most of ours are.

A
3:54 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Front End

I have been in 3000 lougheed Hwy coquitlam, superstore, always always have the worse customer, I had issue with them many times I spoke to store manager and Assistant manager they agreed with me and they apologized me but nothing changed, today I asked simple questions of cashier if they have Canadian products of cherry when I found out I got the USA products she said no we don’t, I said that’s impossible can you asked someone, she asked her supervisor, her supervisor is someone worse than her she said no we don’t have , I said Ok I will go check, she said Ok she said she will check, I said you know what I don’t want any of these forget about it and i went to produce section and I I found 2 kind of British Columbia cherry that was exactly piled up beside USA cherry. Also the cashier never had good attitude and she didn’t even say to me she start any bag? I said Hi how are you? She said good any bag?

K
4:27 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am disappointed to find out what was giving as the gift to cover the fact of the original gift being sold out. The gift was a Homedics portable massager and they were all out so we received the next thing in line which was a 18 person party pack PC planet first. How does this even compare to that at all... I always shop at super store as this is the best...

L
2:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At Zehr’s in Guelph, I picked up some Organika Electrolytes 360g for $49.99. At Metro the exact same product of Organika Electrolytes is $38.99! $11.00 price difference on the same product? Unacceptable! I don’t have my receipt or else I’d go ask for a price match. No amount of points makes up for this kind of price difference!

M
8:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today I bought pork side. The label claimed that the piece was 0.912kg. When I got home and compared it to a smaller cut, it seemed wrong, so I weighed it on my kitchen scale. Including packaging, it weighed only 0.660kg. Does Superstore need an audit of its scales? (I tested the weight of other known masses on my scale to make sure my scale was not faulty. It was not.)

A
1:39 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Manager at Matt and Ashley's No Frills

11405 40 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6J 0R4

15th June 11:00 AM

Manager followed myself and my partner to parking lot to check receipts over a $1.00 can of tomatoes.

Manager began shouting after receipts proved we had paid for said can of tomatoes (among other things).

Manager did not apologise, showed no empathy, and insisted we "make sure we're not stealing" in the future, despite me proving that I had paid for everything.

Manager's name began with a J; Janice or Judy or somesuch.

Desired outcome: Would appreciate an apology.Regularly spend a thousand a month, twelve times a year at superstore or no frills. After this, will not be going to anything Loblaws owned ever again. Hoping I live a long time.

M
5:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

About 10 days ago, I encountered two rather sarcastic and cranky people at the Zher's in Tillsonburg, Ontario. I sent a message to the Facebook page dedicated to that store and was assured they would look into the issue. I won't bore you with the issue right now. Today I went back to the Zher's in question, even though I had vowed NEVER to go back. I...

Z
12:44 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Real Canadian Superstore - Box of Mango Ataulfo bought from Super store 80 Bison Drive Winnipeg

I bought grocery from Bison supersotere worth 198.03 on June 9, 2022. In this grocery i bought one box of MANGO ATAULFO, next day when i cut mangoes those all were black from inside in very poor condition. I kept them in fridge since i bring those mangoes home. I went superstore to return these mangoes and had very bad experience, as nobody was at customer service desk. I waited for more than 10 minutes and requested an employee who was dealing clients paying at self paying till machines but i told me to wait.

After few minutes, SHAWN came to customer service site and he start dealing someone who came after me. After dealing with that client i asked him that i want to returns these mangoes as these are not good at all and black from inside, i showed him too.

He asked me for receipt but i told him that i have receipt photo and showed him photo from my cell i told him that i do not have receipt as i thrown it. I asked him to return but he told me he can only exchange it for same mangoes, i asked him to exchange it for anyother fruit as those all mangoes are not good at all. But Shawn refused.

I bought new box of mangoes and came home, when we cut 1st mango it was black from inside again.

I live on 105-596 sterling lyon and went to return mangoes at 80 Bison drive, it took me 15 minutes to get there, i spent there so much time and again SHAWN give me same product. You know the gas price and travel distance and time value and trouble which Shawn caused to me.

I work 7 days and only do grocery on Thursday, i went there only for returns on Friday.

Now i put mangoes box in fridge again but i can return on Thursday.

However, i am really upset regarding Shawn behaviour and his customer service, he supposed not to be at customer service position, he should handle back office job.

I would appreciate if Superstore could take action agaist SHAWN and about my compaint. In last box which i returned all mangoes were black from inside therefore i did not cut all mongoes of new box, i cut only one and photo is attached. You could ask your staff to cut from any of the box at 80 Bison drive superstore and i am 100% sure those will be black from inside.

Thank you.

Regards,

Zafar Kokab

[protected]

S
6:30 am EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Cashier and experience

I went to the superstore on June 5th, 2022 and the cashier didn't even ask me to scan my pc card, then I told her that I wanted to pay with my

pc points but she just told me to scan the card and I did. And she again told me to go ahead and pay, but I told her again that I wanted to redeem my points but she insisted on me going ahead and paying then when I got the receipt, she didn't redeem my points. So now I have yo pay interest on my credit card instead of just having my pc points redeemed.

Desired outcome: I would like to get at least some form of compensation for the unpleasant experience and also because now I have to pay interest on my credit card for the sum.

W
11:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went to garden centre. Promotion was for ever $75 spent should receive 12,000 points. At checkout I asked cashier how much am I up to before taxes. She told me $160.55. She told me wrong amount. Before tax amount was actually $146.74 which was $3.26 short of what I needed to spend. I would have spent the $3.26 to get the 12,000 in points. After I looked at...

L
9:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today June 5th 2022 purchased salad at the McPhillillips store in Winnipeg and been finding bad leaves and a big cores in the salad. Been happening way to often.

J
9:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Real Canadian Superstore - Butcher's choice beef burgers - langley bc superstore

Today I went to purchase Butcher's Choice Beef Burgers on sale (what a joke) for $13. On Wednesday (3 days ago) the price for the same thing was $7.99. An increase in price of $5

Smokies sold Wednesday for $7.99 - today - $11.99.

You say you are a company supporting Canadians - not likely when you gouge and double the price of an item because it is the weekend.

Loblaws got a $7.8B grant from Federal Government 2 years ago to upgrade your refrigeration units. Really? With the "double the price" policy which has been on-going at Superstore over the past 7 years, Loblaws didn't need the grant considering stores like Superstore, Sobeys, Independent are notorious for out of the world pricing and doubling "wanted" products on a weekend.

And do not blame, gas prices, inflation, COVID or whatever - if I had a choice to shop elsewhere I would NEVER shop at any of your stores.

Desired outcome: How about a $5 refund? Or just stop the constant fluctuating prices Superstore is famous for.

E
7:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A customer service worker name Lyn on this location was very rude and brought me an embarrasment. I understand that their baskets can't get outside. But the way she approach me with a very loud tone and a rude attitude is kinda concern to me. I told her If i can use the basket till I get to my car and bring it back, instead of explaining me a better idea...

G
10:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Rules with fear , moral at all time low , people stepping down or quitting, no way to run company these days, word is spreading around Sarnia that employees aren't as friendly or helpfull because they are miserable !

R
1:26 pm EDT

Real Canadian Superstore - Fresh baked bread and buns in store

I shop at your stores frequently, and all this time I was not aware that your bread and buns that you sell including the ones that are baked in store, all have Canola oil, as I once got really sick by digesting Canola oil, and seeing that your ads promote healthy products, I assumed that your breads and buns would also have healthy ingredients. I would like to know why is it that can’t use something like olive oil, grape seed oil, avocado or even vegetable oil for those of us that can’t digest or use Canola oil. I would appreciate a response to this matter.

Email: [protected]@gmail.con