I was a long’s customer for over 30 years, until now when cvs took over.
(1) they reduced their merchandise by about 20% and introduced cvs brand (Which does not have my confidence)
(2) long’s had a 24 hr “1-hour” photo service, fill out the envelope and you’re on your way; cvs has to input and type out a form, and only when an attendant is there, limited hours.
(4) very few magazines now.
(5) the ridiculous “cvs card” program, which offers little benefit (After spending over $100 I was offered a free chapstick] the program also generates a flood of useless junk email promotions. Why don’t they just give a discount to every customer and scrap the card? A lot of elderly folks go there and are confused by the card thing. I presume this is how they can track your purchases. One more thing to carry.
(6) they give you a ton of receipts with coupons, contests, polls, etc. Which I usually throw away and don’t have time to read.
(7) they installed rubber carpet-tiles and the whole place has stunk like burnt rubber for months.
(8) my atm card has problems reading only at cvs. Some clerks can “make” it work, some can’t.
(9) the pharmacy operates limited hours. Every time I need an rx, late, their closed. Walgreens has a 24 hour pharmacy.
Needless to say, after so many years, I am taking all my business to walgreens. They also have their pharmacy on a network, so you can get your rx at another location.