Complaints & Reviews

my bad experience

Got rain checks for sale item and out of 8 stores locally none sell on a regular basis only as sale item was out on 2nd day of sale what kind of scam is this all 8 stores out by 2nd day, the product was charming bath tissue 12 pack the basic design. All the eight stores had al the other kinds and packages of all charming but not the basic brand. Why would your stores only sell this product in that brand on a sale flyer, and then issue a rain check to purchase the sale item at another time?

• Vi
    Vicki Golombek May 30, 2008

My daughter saw an ad in the CVS flyer Naked Juice Smoothies 5 for $5.00. There were none in the refrigerated area and she was told and given a "rain check" for that item. A week later we went to the CVS, brought the 5 Naked Juice Smoothies to the register and were told that they made a mistake in the flyer and that the price was 2 for $5.00 ! The clerk said he would check with his manager and took the rain check. When he returned he said sorry but they could not honor the rain check. The clerk had already rang up 5 smoothies at $2.99 apiece on my bill, and we told him we did not want them, and to take them off the bill.He said he did, but as we were about to leave I look on the bill and there are still 2 smoothies on the bill! NOW the clerk has to call the manager over who has such a horrible attitude and makes such a fuss because he has to scan the item. OH MY GOSH ! I will NEVER go to a CVS again.

• Do
    Dotnik Feb 14, 2010

Toilet paper and paper towel items on sale tend to go very quickly because of the good deal. The rain check never expires, I don't see what the point of your complaint is.

@Vicki: Cashiers make mistakes, I'm sure the clerk trying to honor your raincheck looked at the previous week's flyer and realized that was not the correct sale. Don't over react because you didn't get your way and had to wait for a few minutes. Cashiers do not have authorization to void transactions over a certain amount/# of items and I'm sure you didn't make their life any easier.

• Cv
    cvsmegan Mar 02, 2010

Charming? Try getting the name right, first off. Second off, our adds are written 6 months in advance, and we don't get them until the week prior to the sale. It takes us a week in advance to order the product, and most stores get their trucks on Tuesdays. Ordering day is on Thursdays. If we receive the paper on Tuesday before the sale, we can't order it until Thursday before the sale. The sale starts Sunday. We're out by the second day, because our truck hasnt come in. and won't until the next day. Hence the RAINCHECKS. Ask the associates when they will be getting their truck in, and ask for a raincheck. and know what product you're looking for before you complain about something you can't even pronounce or spell. Most people would be more than happy to help you out on that, so long as you're understanding. If you're too busy complaining to hear what they're saying, why would they want to help you? would you want to help someone who's yelling at you for something that's out of your hands? I don't think so.

• Oh
    Ohio mom Mar 23, 2010

Wow is this sight governed by CVS or what. Sound like there is a big problem with communication in your company. If the adds and ordering days do not compliment each other, it makes things harder on the customers and emplyees. Employees should not have to answer the same questions all the time about why they are not stocked up on a sale item, and waste time issuing rain checks. Customers should not have to waste their time looking for products that are not on the shelves and come back at a later time to use a raincheck. Maybe you should make a suggestion to corperate to change the sale cycle to compliment the order cycle and be the company savior. Lighten up on the customers...She was not nasty or derogitive in her complaint. You should pass this complaint on to management, not attack the customer. She went to 8 stores.

• Ol
    Old Man CVS Apr 03, 2010

You can't just suggest something to Corporate and expect anything to happen. You're dealing with a giant inflexible Frankenstein monster of a company and no one knows what anyone else is doing across the levels of management. When we try to access corporate we hit their customer service wall and a tiny simple problem takes a ludicrous amount of time to fix. I would estimate that it would take several years to get something big like delivery and order days changed -- I'm not joking. Ex: it takes them months to fix small problems like putting an item into our system so we can sell it. We got a call in August once saying that they fixed an item and we can sell it now -- it was a Christmas item that we threw away half a year ago.

closed ten minutes early

Rock Hill, S.C. CVS Pharmacy - Sign says they close at 6:00 pm. At 5:50 pm on April 27, 2008, the pharmacy...

almost arrested!

I entered the CVS pharmacy on 500 Grand Street in Manhattan N.Y. and said good morning to the manager and the employee at around 8:40 this morning (3/10/08). I went to pick up some baby wipes for my 3yr. old daughter for school. They had a display for an 80 count of wipes that read WOW $2.99 so I checked them out. I then seen another pack for $7.99 that had 232 counts of wipes so I asked the pharmacist if she had a pen and she said that she didn't and I should check up front. After I received the pen from the employee, I decided to compare the two to see which was the better value and if I should get 2 or 3 packs of the 80pck. As I was standing there, this man came up to me (he wasn't wearing a name tag or badge - the same person I said good morning to) and told me that I could not write down the price for each item, he then proceeded to tell me that I was not supposed to be writing the bar code for the items - which I wasn't. After I explained to him what I was doing he still insisted that I better stop. He came back again and then after I told him that I didn't know what his problem was, he called the police. There were some items already on the floor and then he blamed them on me. I walked up to the counter and asked the young lady for the store # and he yelled at her not to give me anything. After the police came and seen how ridiculous the call was they said that he was wrong and that I could frequent the store later on that day or the next day but I had to leave the store because the manager didn't want me there. I would like to know where it is written that a consumer cannot compare prices in order to make a sound purchase. I feel that because I am a black man being singled out and stereo typed and yes, even by another black man, that this is insane. That was discrimination at its best. The officers even gave me his name "Tony Johnson".

I am making this complaint because of the harassment and the stalking by Tony Johnson as well as the blatant violation of my rights as a consumer to tell me that I don't have a right in this here time in America to shop and compare prices as I please. I had to take my business elsewhere and walk 2 or 3 long blocks just to buy some baby wipes and I also found them for less. Thank You Tony Johnson for that Humiliating experience!!!

• To
    TOM Jun 13, 2008

here we go with the race card. thats all YOU people are good at and stealing . YOU as a black man in black race bring this on to your race. nobody did. 9 out of 10 time its black people whos steal from CVS. whenever a shaddy black person being polite like its their last day on earth meanings they're about to rob you cold.thats 9-10 time . and u're not fooling with anybody by thinking ur race is any better when over 85% of population in prision is black. i think u were acting suspicious for a black man who shouldn't be shopping for bargin instead of knocking up more babies so the rest of us have to pay for it. so the picture doesn't fit right so what manager did was right. hes trying to send u back where u came from which is prision or africa

• Et
    etracie Sep 22, 2008

Yes, I agree with the black man who is simply trying to buy
    baby wipes for his kid. These days discrimination against minorities is coming from other minorities who believe that if they sell out in some big ways that they will make it big or something. Maybe the manager in CVS thought that his big white boss may hear about how he harrangled a black customer and may make him regional director of all CVS stores in Manhattan.
    Minorities must fight discrimination no matter who is doing it. Discrimination has nothing to do with what race the perpertrator is, but how he or she is using his power to humiliate, treat unfairly, or put someone in a state of disadvantage in a situation for no other reason but who the victim is. I have a message to these type of "sick pup" minorites who behave like this: You sell out, slave minded, brainwashed self-hating minorities, will always be a member of the minority race that you are. Picking on your own race because of jealousy, yeah sometimes these minorities who are sales people in these stores make no money, and you go to buy something, and they look at you because they know that you are also a minority but you are a high ranking manager across the street at Deloitte and Touche, honey and they get jealous of another minority.
    So anyway, you jealous minority members who work at CVS,
    Rite Aid, or Duane Reade, and only make 6 dollars an hour, and hate on me because I am also a member of a minority race and I am shopping in your store and everything I have on that day would take you two years to purchase, so you act like you think I am stealing something, cause you would have to steal it since you make no money...pllleeeaseee!!!
    Go to school get an education, so that you can get a real job!!

• Mo
    moderator Nov 20, 2008

None of you porch monkeys make any sense.

poor customer relations!

My complaint is a long time coming, I was shopping in the store around a year ago, I noticed one of the...

four mistakes with my prescriptions

I moved here four months ago and this CVS has made at least four mistakes with my prescriptions - the last...

Deceptive practices!

This letter is my demand of you personally and as CEO of CVS under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93a...

totally out to lunch!

I have had the absolutely worst experience at the cvs pharmacy in montvale. I called the automated phone line to renew my prescription, then followed up with a phone call. I was assured by the pharmacy that my prescription was there. When I arrived, I was given only 12 pills (It should have been 60) and was told that was all that could be filled even though the bottle I was given the previous time it was filled said "1 refill remaining." nonelthess. I was assured that the remainder would be filled the following day. Again, I called to make sure that the filled prescription was there and was told that it was. Again when I arrived the prescription wasn't there and now they told me I needed a new prescription. These people are totally out to lunch!! I strongly recommend that no on uses this pharmacy.

Anne Brown Jul 23, 2007

A second complaint about the CVS in Montvale NJ. Not only did they tell me twice that my prescription was there and filled when it wasn't, but the one time they did fill the prescription, which should have been for 60 pills, there were only 30. DO NOT USE THIS PHARMACY--THEY ARE TERRIBLE. The CVS in Old Tappan is even worse, if you can believe that. Twice I was told that my insurance didn't cover my medication and that I should call my insurance plan. I did and they indeed did cover it. When I went to another pharmacy, it was filled immediately. These people have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They are grossly incompetent. I even was as far as to call the CVS regional manager and that I would get a reply back. I never did. DO NOT USE CVS PHARMACIES!

• Bu
    Bubba Yomple Dec 14, 2007

Drs write for a certian # of pills at a time. You get a differant amount at a time because the insurance only pays for so many at a time, you cant afford as many as that at one time or perhaps you only got a small amount on your first refill to see if you could take them. Anyway the last refill will almost always be a partial refill because the #s don't match. Pharmasists can not give more than the rx was written for they fill rx's they don't write them. The bottle indicated you had a refill left and you got a refill. It just wasn't as many as you had gotten in the past. There is not enough room on a rx lable to explain all this. I know many people might say "then say .5 refills" if only half is remaining. Well Did you notice the (.) If you are 70 years old you may have missed it and thought it was 5 refills. You see it does not matter they are always complaints. The world is not perfect. Grow up, If you don't know how something works ask, liston and learn. Don't just yell about it.

pharmacy issues problems

I had an issue several years ago when this pharmacy gave me the completely wrong prescription and shrugged it off as no big deal. My husband needed something filled due to oral surgery.
So I gave them our insurance card since he never gets anything filled. 40 minutes of phone calls and the Pharmacists says we are not covered. I am speechless. I know we are covered =) I just got statements in the mail from the company so it just didn't make sense. He hurried me along saying that he was done contacting them and I need to make a decision of either buying the medicine or going elsewhere. Now I have my husband bleeding profusely from the mouth in the car God only knows what he is doing since I walked into the store so I suck*ed it up say I know that I am covered and that I would be back to get a refund once I got it straightened out.

I first call the office of the job to see whats up, they get back to me in 20 minutes saying there is nothing wrong, he is in the system, they double verified it and everything. So I am like ok, I call the company 2 times and both reps said ya you are covered and oh by the way that pharmacy never filed anything (they keep record of every attempted claim instantly). Oh ok, so now I am a bit upset to say the least because I stood at CVS for 40 minutes thinking that they were calling my insurance but obviously they weren't.

Well I go in and get the store manager because I felt that when I had left I was more of a bother to the pharmacist then anything so I wanted to have her deal with it. So she shook her head saying that I am the 4th complaint of the day (this was at 1030am). Ok so we go back I tell the guy what my insurance said, and you know what he said? I was lying and asked if he got them on speaker phone would they say the same thing to him??? What? I really attract the crazies lately. Where did that come from?

So well after him being upset and the manager thinking that I am full of crap they get the company on the phone, so embarrassing since he was speaking really loud saying things like, you are not right about this and having me give info in front of everyone like a social security number. I felt humiliated. Finally he got them on and they said I wasn't covered, he is all happy and said tell this customer this. So I get on, this is Tricare I am speaking with. WHAT?!! I don't have tricare! It says evolutions right on the card. I don't have a federal job either. He was calling the wrong company and he was giving them the wrong information. Of course I wasn't covered, its not my insurance! So I really felt that I didn't do anything wrong, I still don't but this is how it ended. He "DID ME A FAVOR" and credited me for what I have to pay for over my copay. No apology but I did get this. " Ill take responsibility, The customer is never wrong, the doctor is never wrong it is always the pharmacist who is wrong!" He said it so loudly twice that customers were rolling there eyes and the tech was too.

To top it off in January I had a rx filled there that was new they told me my insurance didn't cover it come to find out they do and I have spent in the last 7 months, $400 over what I should have spent. So now I have to file a claim to my insurance company. So this isn't the first time they messed this up its just the last time they told me a lie. Its so bad with CVS in general that my insurance company told me one of the gazillion times I called them that they are thinking about removing CVS from there network in 2008 because this is a nationwide issue... go figure.

ridiculous store!

CVS Store
4040 Prarie Ave. Miami Beach, Florida 33140

This store has been ridiculous since it opened. The lines are always forever and the pharmacy always has an issue. After a while you just learn to except it until something just has to give. My mother dropped film off for the one hour developing service. They demand that it will have to be 24 hour service. After waiting for 15 mins. She says that is fine and gets her ticket. The next evening I drop her off and wait out side while she stands in line for 20 mins. only to be told to come back the next day. The associate "Jo" tells her he doesn't know if anyone's film has arrived and he is too busy to look. She tells me this and it angers me. I go in and stand in line for 15 mins. while he and the manager walk by and ignore me. I finally scream, "I want to see a manager now!" The manager (I didn't realize it was him until "Jo" calls him) is in the back room after passing me three times and not acknowledging me once. He comes out and has the nerve to ask me to wait a little longer. I wait another 5 mins. He walks over and says "You have a problem?" I am boiling and start explaining that I wanted 1 hour service and was made to wait 24 hours. No one can find the film and no one has bothered to help min in 25 mins. He is aggressive and starts to tell me that I haven't been standing there. He asks "Jo" if this is true and he says it is. I demand "Duval's" manager's name and number. "Duval" the manager, starts being nice. He goes behind the counter and glances down and says, "I'm sorry, I can't find your film. Wait, what is your name." He hadn't even asked me yet. I say just give me the information so I can leave. He does. I call the manager's manager. No reply. The next day, I call again and leave another message. No reply. That night I email their site. The next day, no reply. I finally look up complaints on google. BAM! A million of them pop up. I find the number and they get me on the phone with the store's assistant manager. She tell me the film turned out blank and has been there since an hour after delivery on the first day. She didn't know why they couldn't find it and said she would give me another role.

There is a week of my life I can never get back!

jo Oct 04, 2008

poor you

tragic experience!

My name is Gary Bishop and I live here in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I am a man of 47 and have never in all of my lifetime had an experience so tragic as to what happened to me on May 19. 2007. It was a Saturday and I had spent most of the day over at Lakeforest Mall shopping center. I had my mom with me and she wanted to stop at the CVS drugstore located at 546 North Frederick Avenue. I drove her there and go inside. I tell my mother that I am tired from the shopping and I would wait in front by a patio display. CVS had set up a patio table and chairs and they looked very inviting to a shopper who had spent the day on his/her feet. I sat down and my mom walked into the shampoo isle just a few feet away. No sooner had I sat down when my cell phone went off and so I took the call. I talked with a friend for maybe one minute when Joy, the store manager comes inside with 4-5 shopping cart baskets. She eyes me and immediately comes over and shouts, "these chairs are for display only and you must get up." She sounded off like Marine Sergeant. I was really taken aback at her nasty tone of voice to me and so I rushed through my phone call but before I could get off the phone this "manager" circles the front end of the store and immediately returns asking me if I was with someone. I found that to be none of her business but I told her I was in the store shopping with my mom, who by the way was standing there witnessing the whole sorted ordeal. Once again she leaves my presence and does her little walk over the front of the store and returns asking me if I had prescriptions to be picked up. I ignored her question that time and decided to go up front and purchase some candy and wait outside until my mom ended her shopping. I then see this Joy at a cash register so I side-stepped her line and go to another cashier. Once I got to the front of the line I noticed that the man was an assistant manager. I began explaining to him what hell this Joy woman was dishing out to me and he just shook his head but said nothing. His actions spoke volumes to me as to how he was relating to Joy from the past. Well, as I began to detail how badly I had been treated Joy stops her transaction with a customer and comes over to us and begins shouting "if you have a problem come to me. I am the manager" She is also pointing at her badge ..like that's going to impress me. Not only was she shouting at the top of her lungs at me I then find out she is a manager. I didn't know that at the time while I sat at the patio display. If she is a manager I am wondering how on earth that can be. It makes no sense. Well, after she shouted it out to me she was a manager I then turn to her in a cool and calm voice telling her I was going to file a harassment suit against the CVS for her attitude. I plan on doing that after I have spoken with top management. I wrote in my complaint letter I just mailed off that if she is this demanding and nasty to an adult customer I am wondering what her rapport is with small children who come into this store and the parents let them move about the store freely. This woman is the devil. Plain and simple and I would hate the thought of having a boss like her. Being that said I am indeed going to make her life as miserable as she made mine this past Saturday. Thank you readers for reading my post. If any of you have had similar experiences like this please feel free to write me.

• Lo
    Lori Mello Aug 25, 2007

I am so glad you wrote a complaint to those above her. I would have been very angry & upset being scolded like a child from this so-called manager. I guess she is proud of herself since she feels the need to scream it to anyone within ear shot. Hopefully she is humiliated by her boss so she knows what it feels like.

• Bu
    Bubba Yomple Dec 14, 2007

oh yes and I just bet you were all calm and nice and sweet. Notice you never see a comment where the perp was ticked off and angry. Perhaps you gave some attitude when asked to please stay off the displays because you were upset at having to hull your mom all over town. Remember stores do have to sell this stuff and I as a consumer do not want to purchase an item you have had your nasty butt on.

photo processing overcharging!

My wife bought a 'one-time use' CVS brand digital camera for our son just prior to this past...

very unhappy with this predicament

I am very disappointed in the CVS ExtraCare card program. My fiancé and I are very regular customer...

ruined my film photo processing!

I gave them a roll of aps film to develope... the photo technician could not find the proper equipment to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices