Republic Services Logo

Republic Services

Having problems with Republic Services?

Republic Services Customer Service Contacts

Midwest Region
832 Langsdale Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46202

South Region
16800 Greenspoint Park Drive, Suite 225N, Houston, TX 77060

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Republic Services Customer Service. Initial Republic Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Republic Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Republic Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Republic Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Republic ServicesOver Charged for Trash & recycle service

I was a loyal customer of Republic Services for the last 30 years. One month ago I shopped rates for the same services. I was paying $109.00 for trash removal per 3 months and $66.00 per 3 months. This was on separate billings. I also found out that some of my neighbors were paying have of what I was paying. I called to cancel. During the call I was told that I should have been bill for the total on one bill each quarter, (as my neighbors were). I asked for a refund because I was paying a double Administration fee, $5.00, and Fuel fee, $10.00 for each billing period. I was told my request would be sent to the billing department.
Today (01/12/2021) I got a call from Sara. She went through a long explanation about how I was in an "open contract". Which to the best of my understanding means that I'm not a customer from one of the companies that Republic has acquired. Which in Sara's words means they can charge me what ever they want. And that there was nothing I could about being double charge for Admin and fuel fees because I'm an "open contract".

Republic ServicesService / Billing

I hired Republic for trash service. Paid the initial fee to get started. They brought out a cart. Within two weeks they picked up my cart. When I called to get it returned, I was told they didn't know why it was picked up but would return it within the next week, missing my pickup. At one time a customer service agent smarted off and told me to call the cops. So I cancelled the service, hired a new trash company, within a week of that Republic casually stopped by with a cart. I have requested multiple times for my refund and cannot get anyone outside of customer service saying its the system or just rude comments.

Republic ServicesAccident with your property in hwy

On November 25, 2020 I was driving home from work in my brand new car when it was getting dark as I went around curve one of ur trash bins was standing in middle of highway with oncoming traffic I couldn't swerve so I hit it.
      People stopped to make sure I was ok and I have several statements from them how ur bin was n the very middle of hwy... I called police was given an incident report its been over a month when I finally heard back from claims and I needed an occurrence # well they gave me a # to contact "donna" and she flat out told me that y'all r not responsible even though I have statements and police report also photos also the customer whom the can belongs to said he's on his 4th r 5th can hes calls republic often about throwing his can in hwy mam I need someone to reach out to me asap I have several photos and police report

Dec 23, 2020

Republic Services — Using corporate policy as an excuse to not give now employee raises

I was really disappointed to find out that such a large corporation is only looking after themself and not...

Dec 07, 2020

Republic Services — Trash pick up

I have a few issues that I want to point out. I operate a commercial auto repair business in Walnut Creek...

Republic ServicesBilled for discontinued service

I am one of the Monetta SC area residents whose collection service was abruptly stopped without notice; the rollcarts were suddenly removed. We were informed by our Town Hall personnel that we would need to arrange for alternate service on our own. The alternate service has been very satisfactory.
        BUT Republic who took over Powell Trash Service's routes is still sending bills and collection notices to many of the abandoned customers. This is unreasonable and must cease. We have contacted Monetta City Hall and were informed that they called you about this problem which is still not resolved.
        I refuse to pay for nonexistent service and am past tolerating these damn phony bills generated by your sloppy record keeping.

Please stop this foolishness!!

William A. Smyth, Jr.
        172 Musketeers Rd.
        Monetta SC 29105

Account [protected]

Republic ServicesPick-up

In my opinion, Republic Services has the WORST Customer Support service that I have ever experienced. My recycle bin was not picked up on Monday, Oct. 26th. I called twice on Monday and was told to leave my bin out on the curb and that the truck would come by to pick it up. Didn't happen. I called again on Tuesday, told the same thing and no truck came by. Called again on Wednesday and told the same thing. No truck came by. On Thursday I asked to speak to a supervisor. Later in the day a supervisor called from the local hauler and was asked to leave it out AGAIN.
          In my opinion, all previous calls went unprocessed. I called again on Nov. 2nd and no one answered a call and no CHAT rep responded either.
          This company needs to train and educate their Customer Service representatives. Disgusting Customer Service.

Oct 20, 2020

Republic Services — Trash service

Republic Services had been our trash provider for years. The past few years their customer service has went...

Republic ServicesTrash bin cause sanitary health issue

The trash bin located in the driveway of my garage door, constant overflow, attracts insects ( flies, ants, cockroaches, rats, worn). plus it is close to my property, all those insects came to my house. and it smells
            to affect human health, night time dumping garbage made a lot of noise.
            I had lung cancer since 2018 can't standard to live in this bad condition
            those trash bin I request to remove to other place not attach to the building and located in the driveway. I check around all of the Condo around my property, none of the condo put the trash bin in the driveway all hide in the back nobody can see...

Oct 02, 2020

Republic Services — Continuous missed trash pick up

Missed Friday trash pick ups - I recently moved into Hall County (Buford, GA). I had been in Lawrenceville...

Republic ServicesBilling

This is more the fault of the busy body tyrannical city council of Apache Junction, AZ. They forced everyone here into a contract with Republic Services. I don't need their service. I shouldn't be forced into a contract with anyone. This has to be illegal.

Has anyone taken legal action against this yet? These services for every single person in AJ don't have a contract with many of them. No way this holds up in court!

Aug 25, 2020

Republic Services — Customer service/billing

I called to order a trash can since I didn't order one when I started my service. I called on July 28th...

Jul 26, 2020

Republic Services — Business doesn't fulfill their duties

Never use this company. We moved into a new home and their locked in price for weekly service was the same a...

Republic ServicesNot picking up my trash

The Garbage pickup neglected to pick our trash up on Thursday June, 18 2020. We pay our bill each month and not behind. They picked up the neighbors trash and walked right past ours. It is summertime and trash tends to smell really bad.
                I sent a message on Thursday evening about the trash not being picked up. I called again on Friday morning that they would get it either Friday or Monday. Well it wasn't picked up on Friday. So Monday morning I called again. Said it would be picked up that day. Almost 4 pm I called again. She said it would be picked up by the end of the day. The end of the day came. No Garbage truck and we still have our trash.
                So what is the problem? The trash men lying to the customer service ladies or the customer service ladies lying to us?

Not picking up my trash

Republic ServicesRefund of automatic payment after canceling service

On 3/19/20 I talked to Britney re: canceling service and auto pay which was due later in March. She said she canceled service.
                  On 3/24/20 A representative said she reversed bank charges and it would take 24 hours to complete the credit. She said she would confirm confirmation of our conversation and action to be taken.
                  On 3/30/20 Briana confirmed a credit balance of $232.01 and said it would take a couple weeks.
                  On 4/15/20 Amy would "get a request to accounting" to issue a check for the credit balance and may take as long as 2 weeks.
                  Today, May 8, 2020 I have received nothing!
                  What do I have to do? Canvas the neighbor hood for Republic Customers? Resort to filing a complaint with BBB? Post my woes on Next Door? Is anybody home at Republic Services. My account # is [protected].

Republic ServicesWhat isn't wrong is the better question

Okay so let me first start off by saying I called set up service I ordered a 95-gallon trash can it was supposed to be dropped off at my house on Thursday Friday came still no can now mind you Friday was my trash day so Friday when I got home from work I called again the customer service complained a little to the lady which I know it's not her fault but you guys as service is absolutely horrible so not only did I miss getting my trash out I had to wait until Tuesday to get a new can and it was supposed to be a 95 gallon can so I come home from work today and low and behold you guys did drop the can off but it's the wrong damn can it's a 65-gallon can I have a big family I am a single dad of 4 Kids I need a 95 gallon can this was told to you guys twice once when I called to set the service up and then again when I called to complain about the cannot be in here that Thursday you guys need to fix whatever you got going on fire your people get better people I don't know

Feb 26, 2020

Republic Services Waste — garbage pick up.

Trucks drive by picking up garbage. Sometimes, they miss a house. Calling Republic customer service does have...

Republic ServicesCustomer Service

Hi There,
                      I was just on the phone with a customer service rep in Fremont CA. I was trying to understand why I had a past due and wasn't shown when I paid my last bill. She kept getting an attitude with me. She also hung up on me which was really rude and unprofessional. Someone should really talk to the phone operators about customer service. I am in customer service and even if a customer made me upset I would still say "thank you" and "bye" at the very least.

Reika

Republic Servicesno trash pickup

I live in a townhouse HOA of about 26 homes in Littleton, CO. The HOA is Terrace at Columbine.
                        Over the Christmas and New Years holidays, trash was never picked even though messages were received about a delayed schedule. Our trash pickup is on Fridays.
                        Today, we were told that our trash won't be picked up because of snow.
                        We received about 6-8 inches of snow, but that doesn't explain why a heavy large truck can't come through and pickup trash. I had no problems at all driving in a mid-sized SUV!
                        I have asked our board about finding another service as your service is just terrible!

Republic Servicessafety of employee

I've noticed a driver who constantly falls asleep with his helper on the back of his truck driving. A few of my neighbors have also noticed that this driver falls asleep at the wheel while the helper is left doing work alone. I think that is dangerous for someone to do especially with the life of other ppl around and also the person on the back of the truck. The truck number is 2076 in Desoto Tx (Hutchins Division)