Waste Management [WM] Logo

Waste Management [WM]

Having problems with Waste Management [WM]?

Waste Management [WM] Customer Service Contacts

1001 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas
United States - 77002-6711

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Waste Management [WM] Customer Service. Initial Waste Management [WM] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Waste Management [WM] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Waste Management [WM]. Discuss the issues you have had with Waste Management [WM] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Waste Management [WM] Complaints & Reviews

Aug 08, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — garbage can pick up

I just got home as the garbage man was two blocks down the street So I pulled out my trash cans for him to...

Waste Management [WM]huge overcharges, breach of contract

What a horrible company!
I own a small business, a veterinary clinic, and my bill in the last 5 years has gone from $250 a month to OVER $750 A MONTH!
A local company, Town & Country Sanitation, charges $125 a month for the same service.
Extra charges have been added to my bill because they say there is garbage in the recycling. The bin has no cover (hasn't for several years) so anybody can throw garbage in it and anytime it rains all of the contents are garbage anyway - and I get charged for it!
They say I am in a contract and they will offer me a "buy-out". Are you joking! After paying $750 A MONTH!
Tabarus Phillips, an Account Manager, won't return my emails.
I cancelled the service on the renewal date and sent a certified letter and still they won't respond and pick up their dumpsters.

huge overcharges, breach of contract

Please include your address on the email. Thank you ^tw

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 09, 2019

Hello, I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to help. Please email [email protected] subject COMPLAINTS BOARD with a copy of your post and we will look into it right away. thank you ^tw

Waste Management [WM]overrun trash

So I spoke with 2 people 2 weeks ago about a dumpster sitting in an empty lot that has running over for a month. I was told that it would be picked up by July 31, it is now August 5. Now I'm being told that no one knows when it well be removed. So now I'm turning to the city of Birmingham and Facebook. School starts this week and kids have to catch the bus at this corner. Shame on you waste management.

overrun trash

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 09, 2019

Hi, Please email [email protected] subject COMPLAINTS BOARD with a copy of your post along with the location of the container(including city and state). We will look into this right away. Thank you ^tw

Waste Management [WM]trash removal

Gave them the benefit of the doubt, mistakes happen. After speaking to many customer reps, Houston office being the best, I am beyond frustrated. After numerous calls and emails, I am being charged for service I did not receive or request. It sounds like every person I come in contact with does not read account notes. I am tired of explaining the situation and being asked to pay for a charge I do not owe. I would not recommend this company based on my experiences. The Houston office is the most responsive, my local office is in Albany, NY. I would hope they tape calls and listen to what the reps are saying to customers.

Jul 23, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — trash pickup

Yesterday (July 22nd, 19) In Our area yesterday we had 4 to 6 inches of rain and flooding all around! when...

Waste Managementtrash pick-up

I live in Mays Landing NJ and I'm very upset about how Waste Management continues to drive in the association I live in, to leave behind leaks. That has damaged the roads it's disgusting to have a truck that leaks garbage fluids. Waste Management should be fully responsible to remove all stains not the tax payer. Waste Management I appreciate your service but please take care of your business. Thank you

Jul 11, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — cancellation delay

We contracted with WM years ago for an 8yrd dumpster to service a building we owned with 5 tenants. We sold...

Waste Management [WM]trash pick up and cancellation charges

I have been with WM for over 10 years and the service is declining and every quarter the price goes up. In the past few months I have had to call to have them pick up my recycling at least a half dozen times. When I got the last bill that went up again, I cancelled my service on 6/30/18. Now they are charging me an admin fee for third quarter (of which I'm not a customer) and a container pick up charge of $75.

When I signed my contract over 10 years ago this was not a fee for terminating service.

I get nowhere with customer service. I want these ludicrous charges credited.

Waste Management [WM]transparency and customer service

I called today to cancel my service. I've been paying $140/quarter. I've already paid through September but I needed to cancel. The CSR on the line, Brittany, was so apologetic and said she could get my prices Way down. She asked why I was canceling and I explained that they've damaged so many trees on our street, that the smell from the landfill this far away is horrible, and that I've had the windshield on my car damaged from crap flying off one of their trucks. She said "Oh, sorry about that." And proceeded to admit there were many complaints about the company. Then she told me it was going to be $75 to pick up each can and that I could not get refund from my quarter statement . (So basically I was going to have to pay $290 for service termination!!!) when I complained, she popped out, "if you can BE SILENT, I can check something!" What the heck!!! A short time later, she said, "ok I've canceled your service and you'll get 30% off can pickup" I said "wait a minute, you can pop 30% off pickup but not refund my payment through September?!?! And there's NO Way you can just apply what I'VE already paid to the cost of picking up the cans?" Then she RUDELY said I could return the cans myself. But still no service payment refund. She told me my service was canceled. "Need anything else?" Then I told her she didn't have to be so angry with me. But that I needed to know the final cost/ refund bill breakdown would be. She continued to be rude stating she had no IDEA!!! This is unacceptable management. This is NOT how a company should be run. This treatment only FURTHER convinced me what a sham WM is. NO TRANSPARENCY, rude treatment, reckless drivers.

Waste Management [WM]extra trash bags not being picked up

On 6/226/19 I made a request for 3 extra bags to be picked up on Friday which is my service day. Friday came around no one picked them up.
              Monday I called they re assured me someone will stop by and pick them up. Nope no one picked them up. Tuesday I called same thing no one stopping again I feel my account is not important.
              Wednesday I call and asked to speak to a manager
              Dante 334 he just gave me excuses he said that someone should be out here today that if I would of called sooner some one would of been here to pick them up. "What" I've been calling everyday and sending emails ??? What's going on ?? Why am I not being taken seriously??? I told him I needed to be compensated for the frustration I'm going thru and for having to re bag the bags everyday. He said yes but he would stop the truck from coming by and he would give me a credit of $5.34 Now that is a joke and a slap to my face .really ??? All I need is for my trash to get picked up I pay my bill but I don't get the service I'm paying for . I'm so upset tomorrow is 4th of July and I'm a be stuck with the trash once again. If a fire hazard they are plastic bags and they might catch I fire I need the bags to get picked up ...

extra trash bags not being picked up

Jun 28, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — service

Iv been dealing with very belligerent drivers in this city since I moved here. No matter what bill paid and...

Waste Management [WM]residential pick up in parker co

Put our trash out 5/30/19. Came home and none was picked up. 5/31, called, they said driver said that it was too heavy. I put it out and it was not heavy. Husband called 6/3, was told that 2 weeks trash would be picked up 6/5. Was not picked up. He called Thurs. 6/6 never was called back by route manager. I called 6/7, at 8 am, at 1 pm. At 1pm I was told that we were on the schedule. Driver was doing his usual route and that I would be last. 5:30 pm still no pick up. I called again. She said she saw I was on the route for pick up. It is now 6:45 and there is 2.5 weeks worth of trash in front of our rural home and no response from anyone I asked to have this matter escalated to. I am so furious at the lack of action. I truley believe that the main issue is the driver. About 2 years ago, I was told my trash wasn't picked up due to it being in a harmful spot. I took pictures, and they sent out another driver to assess the issue. That driver filed a complaint on the driver in question. He stated that it was nothing but pure laziness. Now here we are at the weekend. I was told Well no trucks run on the weekend.

Waste Management [WM]trash

10 years with WM and our driver later 50's fellow with mid chest white beard and glasses. He even left Holiday Cards. Picked up of trash in every kind of weather. One dude! Again 1 tough dude rain, freezing rain, snow and bitterly cold. Always a smile, a wave and a hello. When I saw him since mostly I'm at work.
                  5/27/19 no pickup called customer service stating no pickup explained can was directly across from neighbor but was sitting in my neighbors yard +/- 4'. So the driver could have less wear on himself, one stop 2 cans. 9+ years no issues. Was noted as missed and rescheduled. For 10 years it sat at the same Monday morning location.
                  6/3/19 7:35am no pickup ran across field to ask two drivers. (red dot) Did I say now 2 people in can!!! I did!! The driver younger reddish beard said not a word. I asked don't you like my trash can? Not a word!
                  The Co-pilot Salty red beard with glasses kept yelling at me I'm not on his tablet as he's waved it about. Your not on my list, No! I walked around the front of the truck to passenger side I could see our name and address in green on his tablet. I asked him why can I see my name? He said it's not in the right spot! I asked him if he was a surveyor too. And what is the proper spot? Not a word!
                  My neighbor house with red roof sets on the property line (yellow line) I put my can (black dot) across the gravel lane from my neighbor (blue dot)

• Updated by Bville16424 · Jun 03, 2019

The copilot then grabbed his wheel pushed a lever and drove away. I had to jump back. The KICKER 6/3/19 8:30 am truck returns picks up trash well blowing air horn well approaching, during pickup then tossing our $100 can 6’ into our yard and as he drove away around the bend.
                      7 people mid70’s and 1 lady >90 blown out of bed all within ear shoot.
                      I’m from Pittsburg in the 70’s we had a name for a fellow like this: JAGOFF!!! He’ll never get a Christmas card and tip from me. No here’s your tip, JAGOFF. it’s your customer service Job and your pay and bene’s. I pay in a small way but more so by your company. Respect yourself, others and your company.

Waste Management [WM]trash service

I live at 1330 7th St NW Washington DC 20001. Thursday May 16th at maybe 3:15 or after my sister pulls up on 7th and O St. On the side of 1330. To pick up her child. As I'm coming out. The trashan driving say can u move. I say u rude and u have to wait a minute while I put her child in the car. He States he's on the clock. Ok well there is no sign saying no parking here. He say we'll move up so I can dump the trash. And he stands there while I'm putting the baby in her seat. Very scary. So I say u very rude he says... So. And gets in the truck. His partner says I can't work with him you should call. This is him.

trash service
                    trash service

• Br
                        Brian E. Jun 17, 2019

Doesn't look like a Waste Management truck. Looks like a different company.

Waste Management [WM]scheduled trash pickup

We received a notice in the mail stating there was going to be a new trash truck picking up our trash. Since that notification a month or so ago, our trash has not been picked up on a regular bases. It should be picked up on Mondays and Thursdays. We are lucky if it is picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays. We do not have an alley so we have to set our trash containers out by the curb for your convenience, the least your company could do would be to pick up the trash on the scheduled days.

Waste Management [WM]garbage truck driver

As me and my father were driving down north towards McCall your city paid driver was backing out into the middle of the road with no care about the on coming traffic and when I got out to confront the man he just stated that I saw him backing up and I should've stopped and then After he says that and hears how stupid he sounds he's like no your only suppose to be going 55mph I was going 60mph regardless if I hadn't stopped and swerved my car to the side I would've been dead and my dad badly injured I expect a full investigation to be done and for him to lose his job those kinda of people shouldn't be in control of a vehicle so big and dangerous unless he knows how to use it there was even a school bus that witnessed it all he's a large ginger dude hat doesn't care about endangering kids lives or other people's
                        If proper action is not token I will be filling a case against your company in hull for protecting such outrageous driving behavior
                        It's a California license plate (07040E1)

garbage truck driver

Waste Management [WM]lack of paid refuse pick up

WM customer ID: [protected]

I pay WM to pick up my trash. Last Oct. or Nov. they did not pick up my trash on a scheduled trash pick up day. I called them and after making excuses they said they would send somebody out. They procrastinated until the next scheduled pick up day.
                          Some pertinent background: Pinal county issues addresses. My address is 29850 North Edwards Road. One block west of my location is: 29850 North Varnum Road. They are also WM customers. For some reason this duplicate number causes great confusion as I have evidence that the United States Postal Service, due to this duplication has cost me over $15, 000 dollars and an unrelated court case some years ago, but I digress. By the way, the neighbors I've talked to also say this Post Office has been incompetent from the beginning.

WM told me after last fall's missed pick up that they put a note in the drivers computer alerting him to the potential problem. The driver is required to annotate each pick up as he covers his route. Evidently he is not doing this, at least not correctly.

Friday, Mar. 22, a scheduled pick up day, they did not pick up my trash. I called them, they said they would get somebody out to pick it up. They did not. Tuesday, Mar. 26, the next scheduled pick up day, WM did not pick up my trash. The next scheduled pick up day will be Friday, Mar. 29. If they pick up my trash, it will have been sitting at the roadside for a week.

I believe Arizona has a law that states the trash shall be picked up at least twice a week. Is this true?

Should I contact EPA or OSHA as this is clearly a safety and environmental issue?

I believe that as a remedy some training is appropriate for drivers and management. Additionally, I believe I should receive a refund for those days I paid for and did not receive pick up service or credit toward the next billing period.

Thank you for your time.

Lane Owen

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Apr 10, 2019

Hello Lane, very sorry to hear about your experience. We will reach out to you regarding your service concerns. ^mp

Mar 25, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — lack of service as agreed on contract

I have a contract with Waste Management (#500-4469). My practice manager and I called and have had multiple...

Feb 27, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — garbage pickup leaking oil all over the neighborhood

Waste management is not doing our environment any good. I live in a condominium subdivision and have no...

Feb 20, 2019

Waste Management [WM] — trash collection

I purchased two Rubbermaid trash cans with lids and wheels about 1 1/2 years ago. Recently the trash...