Waste Managementdemand for payment

D

We just received a "demand for payment" for services to a property that we sold 3 years ago. We did not receive anything from them prior to the nasty letter demanding payment and a threat to turn it over to a collection agency. On august 8, 2004, I cancelled the service to the address 16857 e. Napa drive, aurora, co. Our bill was paid in full at the time I cancelled it. What is the best way to handle this.

• Updated by Kimpo · Nov 18, 2018

Recently they told me I was not active and they discontinued my service without telling me and tried to charge me 45.oo reconnect fee even though I paid my bills immediately as I receive them!! Scum!

• Tj
    TJ Glock Dec 17, 2020

A Driver the was at Sam Food & Gas on 5801 Australian Ave, West Palm Beach FL 33407 this morning 12/9/2020 threatened me bodily harm because i was in a spot and walking into the store getting something. Apparently my truck was in his way and he told me to move rudely and i said 1 minute. Please call me [protected]
    Email: [email protected]

TJ

Comments

• Lu
    Luke Rouse Feb 02, 2020

1/24/20.
    Partial dump left 1/2 full 3 bags in container before 11am.
    I can hear and see the trash man in the end of my block.
    I called customer service at 11am.
    He would be notified to come back and get the trash can by 6pm. Never came, noticed the broken wheel, I'm getting tired of it.
    The Recycle person does an outstanding job, very productive

• Br
    Brad McGee Jan 22, 2020

Just received my bill and have a charge of $60 that i knew about for the driver to come back since my truck was in the way and got an additonal hidden surcharge of $52 on my bill. Highway robery!!

• To
    Tony Grijalva Oct 19, 2019

We're following one of ur Trucks #415869 hauling a compactor... Alot of broken glass has been falling out of it as it travels at hey speeds. 20-11-2019 at 1430.

• Ca
    Carolina Rizza Oct 19, 2019

On Sept 30th I put in for my bins noone as of 10/ 11/ 19 I have stinky trash and I have a HOA . IF I GET IN TROUBLE ILL BE MORE THAN PISSED. these people [censored] around, never pick the trash up, lie and say we are on emergency pick up twice. WHERE ARE MY VINS ITS BEEN 10 DAYS

• Da
    Daniel W. Aug 20, 2019

My credit card was charged $250. I don't do business with Waste Management and my credit card company said it was a scam. If you see a charge from this company I recommend looking into it.

Anisa Long Aug 19, 2019

I was driving to work on 820 in Fort Worth this morning and a driver hauling a dumpster merged into my lane, driving 75-80 mph in a 60 and flung rocks onto my car, cracking my windshield. I have photos but am unable to upload here. Please contact me for a resolution at [email protected]

• Ro
    roxitommy Apr 19, 2019

Had service 19 years have a tough time no money to pay. I cancelled service Jan. 2019. They will not cancel threatening to add to taxes.. They are not being ethical, causing duress, and taking advantage of me because I am unable to defend my self and they can because they have power. This is so wrong. They will not pick up bin and continue to bill me

• Ki
    Kimpo Dec 12, 2018

This company is so corrupt and I hate them, they constantly try to charge a 5.00 late fee even thought I pay my bill as soon as I get it!

I always have to call their sleazy [censored] to get the fee removered! About ready to file a compliant with the corporation committee!!

Greed at its best!

• Ju
    juliejp Aug 20, 2018

I was charges 187.00 one month service they charged me 85.00 plus forty dollars for gas overage service incident. My dumpster was over the top little bit. Forty dollars gas is out bandage. I would like credit gas because the month before I played gas it snowed they never dumped. Two months

• Ji
    jim moreo Aug 15, 2018

I informed Waste Management our company was moving to another city, paid for extra trash fees, called to pay our final bill.
    We were over charged and I was informed a refund would take up to 30 days. As of today we are still being billed for service and have not received the refund. Customer ID: [protected]

Jim Moreo [protected]

• De
    Deon Bell Aug 15, 2018

One of the most disrespectful employers I have ever worked for . I don't know if the manager is bias or something . Regardless of who u are, you got other employees taking drugs on the lot . Sleeping under umbrella while they should be working, trying to buy my medication .

• Me
    Mea Cadwell Oct 11, 2008

If you are in the area let them see a copy of the property sale, which will have the sale date as well as the new owners information. They may ask for the copy but you don't have to let them have it. That should let them see that they have erroneously charged you.

If they do end up sending you to a collections agency then other steps need to be taken. Such as a Cease and Desist letter sent to the collections agency via certified mail.

• Mi
    Michelle Aug 27, 2008

I worked for them for several years as a team leader and Customer Service Manager. The best advise I can give you is to ask for a Manager, not a team leader but the Customer Service Manager. Show your proof of residency and ask that the charges be removed. The second step you can get is to have them ask the driver for verification, many times the drivers will have the same routes for several years. The driver may remember you moving or when the new residents started occupying the home. The last option is to find out who the current resident is and on trash day see who they are currently using for the trash hauler. Call the hauler, explain the circumstances and ask when they started service, they may provide you with a start date.
    Hope this helps...