Having problems with TELUS?

TELUS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 4, 2006. The latest review Email migration to gmail was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint telus discriminates against mental health was resolved on Aug 22, 2013. TELUS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 269 reviews. TELUS has resolved 95 complaints.

TELUS Customer Service Contacts

1866 771 9666 (United States)
+1 416 940 5995 (International)
+1 888 811 2323 (TELUS Internet, TV & Home Phone)
+1 855 255 8828 (TELUS SmartHome Security)
+1 604 697 8044 (Head Office)
510 W. Georgia St., 23rd Floor
Thu9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TELUS Customer Service. Initial TELUS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TELUS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TELUS. Discuss the issues you have had with TELUS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TELUS Complaints & Reviews

TELUSEmail migration to gmail

Without my choice, Telus changed their email to Google mail. The process was complicated, with unclear direction and little customer assistance. I am an 80 year old senior, not computer wise and I tried to follow directions, complicated the process and had to call a computer technician. I am still struggling with the changes.

I have been a customer for many years will all services from Telus. So far your choice to change has cost me $200.00. Very disappointed in TELUS.
Account # [protected]
Ms. Brenda Brown
17, 2300 Oakmoor Dr SW,
Calgary Alberta

TELUSHome phone repair service

My name is Peter Dumlich, my phone number (when not out of service) is [protected]. On February 7, 2021 my and my neighbours phones again ceased to function. I reported the trouble the same day and a repair appointment for Friday, February 12, 2021 as well as a ticket # [protected] was created by your team member Ruena.
    February 7, 2021 came and went away ... nobody showed up and all reported phones stayed dead. We all waited anxiously, because living in a remote area requires some dependable way to communicate.
    On February 13, 2021 I again contacted Telus via the Chat option. This time I talked to Charish Ann and, believe it or not, found out that the ticket had been cancelled. When I conveyed my surprise about this unbelievable error, Charish Ann transferred me to Erica, a member of the Telus Technical Chat Support Team. Unfortunately Erica was not able to clarify the situation either. The only fact I found out that the ticket # [protected] was cancelled because it was part of "an outage" which affected 22 land lines. "There is no estimated fix time yet, but our team is already dispatched" end of quote.
    On February 19, 2021, our phones still being out of service, I contacted Telus via Chat again and had the pleasure to chat with Mila. As mentioned before, Mila was surprisingly polite, knowledgeable but there was nothing she could do for me either. She confirmed that in this particular case Telus is dealing with an "outage", but:
    (Quote) Since extend of damage is still unidentified, we are unable to provide you an estimated time of resolution yet. However, it usually takes 24-48 hours for our technician to fix issues like this but may extend depending on the severity of the problem." (End of quote)

I find it disturbing, that the cause of a multiple subscriber "outage" reported on February 7, 2021, is still unidentified on February 19, 2021

I would like to bring to your attention the following fact: We, the subscribers located in Lone Prairie face these "Outages" just about every year. The last time it happened we had to wait for over 6 weeks before our service was finally restored. I have learned from frustrated "insiders" that the root of our technical problems is a totally antiquated "line concentrator", old electronics for which spare circuit cards are not available anymore. According to our unofficial information, every time such an outage occurs Telus is searching province wide for old recovered spare cards.

Can you help us to solve this problem?

Sincerely
    Peter Dumlich
    [protected]@pris.ca
    [protected] (presently out of service)

Jan 14, 2021

TELUS — Recent fibre optic upgrade in my area in Sienna Park Terrace, Calgary, Alberta

Mid october I had to clean up a huge mess on my lawn after brt hydrovaced site holes for directional drill...

TELUSEmail

my email has been down since Oct 28, everyday I get the basic runaround, many hours on phone stayed home for 2 days as was told they will call back, they didnt. no email. started after they talked me into going with fibre, internet and tv work fine but no email. I need email for medical issues and to be paid, cant get paid with out email. well over 20 years with telus, all the tecs have been very nice but nothing is being done, tec said he would call back but never did. this is terrible. locked into 2 year plan, dont want to leave and have to pay out the contract but what can I do? please Telus help me.

TELUSE mail

Telus has moved their email from their own servers to Google with the promise that everything would work as it had. Despite an hour on the phone with a Telus technician and a one and a half hour service call with a technician I hired I still cannot send e mails from my Outlook program that I have used for years. He followed the directions provided by Telus an when he got Outlook to receive e mails, I got copies of every email I have received in the past 5 years or so. This program that they rolled out to all of their customers is not working. I want the system fixed and I want a refund of the $138.60 I spent to try to have a technician fix it after the Telus tech told me it wasn't their problem. L.F. Doty ([protected]@telus.net; phone [protected])

• Fr
            Freddy Sr Oct 14, 2020

Telus didnt have the email on their own servers to start with. they were hosted else where and recently moved to google. telus also does not support your 3rd party software. so you dont have a valid complaint here. Outlook is a Microsoft product. contact them for support with their product.

TELUSfiber optics to get it hooked to my house

account #[protected]
          Sue Doble (Susan) e mail suedoble @telus.net
          home address #36 3381 Village Green Way
          West Bank B.C.
          V4T 1L2
          phone [protected]

For months now I have been given the run around regarding putting the fiberoptic into my site. When first tried there was rock in the line and could not be done at that time. We were told it would be done shortly.
          If you notice I have contacted [protected] MANY times.
          I never holler or use nasty words. I get remakes like we are working on it. We will send out someone on----date to redo your contract.
          The last one is Oh we need to have permission from the park manager. Which was new to him. The neighbours in the park did not need to. Why was this something I had to do, and what good did it do me? Nothing!!!
          The last rep did very good at telling me she knew how I felt and they will get in touch when its time to do. Now I've heard that one so many times I could spit fire.
          To date 42 minutes October 28. In my conversation I asked for the head of complaints. Most of that 42 minutes was waiting to tell me they still can not get the manager. I told her No I asked you for the head of complaints in Canada. She said the manager can address it. I said no I want the complaints. Then she told me she would get a date and work order no to get it done she would call back.

Well she did call back. I just about danced a jig, but not one other time did this come through till I threatened with complaints. I looked you up well I had to be put on hold. She came up with a date and time Nov 6 between 11-01
          I am more than disappointed with Telus. Everyone lies like a sidewalk and a crooked one at that. There is a problem when a person is lied to repeatedly, sent on a wild goose chase and you have to threaten higher up to get some action. Women on the street get quicker action than this. If this does not happen and be completed on the date my red hair will be set on fire.

So what do you have to say about this.

Sue Doble

TELUS Communications Companycustomer service

I called in to follow up my home phone [protected]) not working if dial in overseas. For the last 3 weeks of promises to call me back and solve the issues. Today I called in and the customer service name RICKY decided to give me a hard time. Interrogating me like a criminal. Put me on hold for the longest time as he uses the old tricks that if they don't like you they will put you on hold forever until you give up. Finally I spoken to his manager (Shane) and promise to resolve the phone issues.

TELUS Communications Companywindshield damage from stone following behind telus vehicles.

2019.08.18
              Roughly, 09:09 hrs. Give or take 2 minutes I guess. Behind a pick-up truck travelling westbound on the Yellowhead Highway (Highway 16) just east of the Kapasiwin exit. A stone thrown up from the vehicle hit the windshield. Large circular spreading style damage.
              I asked my insurance company about this and they directed me to you.
              The truck in question is white with an ID # V18512. But, I think I may have missed a digit. The Alberta tag was CBW-8441.
              IMO, the rear mud flaps were way too high. I believe Telus is responsible for the damage to my windshield and should pay for the replacement. My vehicle is a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew.

TELUS Communications Companycell phone plan

I have a loyalty cell phone plan of $65 and pay on time. I purchased an iPad for $25 a month for 2 years. I have another year to complete. I wanted to purchase an iwatch 3 and was told I could not until I increased my plan to $70 a month. I called 5 times. I have messaged x 2. I have lost out on a watch and $240 credit.
                My resolution is to purchase a iwatch 3 in gold/pink enroll in easy payment and receive $240 credit. I do not think I have to have an activation fee for all this trouble.
                Finally my original plan should be shareable so I never have a problem like this again!

TELUS Communications Companyemail

My email service has been down for 3 days. The company says it has been experiencing intermittent interruption service in my area. But, to me, it's not intemittent, I have not received nor been able to send emails for 3 days, although I tried many times at different times of day. My worry is that people trying to contact me have no idea of this issue and can only assume that I am choosing not to respond. When I talked to a manager at Telus, he told me that the sendres would receive a message saying the message was not delivered. I know for a fact that this is not true because I tested it sending myself a message from a different address. Therefore, my complaint is that Telus is giving misinformation to customers and not providing the service promised.

TELUS Communications Companyunauthorized credit checks by telus

I recently discovered that Telus did an unauthorized credit check on my file.
                    I am very interested to know if anyone has had the same thing happen. It beaches Canada's privacy law to perform a credit check on someone without their permission.
                    If there are others who have had this experience, please contact me regarding a possible class action lawsuit.

Thanks.

TELUS Communications Companysouth burnaby, "area of concern" = intermittent mobile phone service

I have had the same phone, same SIM card and sat in the same home office for the last 8 years. In the last 2 months I have noticed a severe problem with calls fading in and out (loss of reception/transmission, not dropped calls.) I have phoned TELUS many times and put countless hours into talking with Vanilla technical support.

I am now being told that the South Burnaby Transmitter/ Receiver is an area of concern but they need specific examples. Like the fact I am having to ask them to repeat every other sentence is not a good enough example! I am being told there is nothing they can do. They have escalated my case but I may not have anyone reach out to me. This means the case is ongoing with no reception resolution in progress.

I am not starting a social media campaign as I suspect this is the only thing the ever brand conscious TELUS will respond to.

TELUS Communications Companycustomer service in store

The TELUS Store at the Cottonwood Mall in Chilliwack, B.C Canada

At approximately 10:00 am on Saturday, April 6th 2019

The 2 girls working at this store should be given a day suspension for how they treated me.

I suspended my service yesterday after misplacing my sim card. I spent a few hours yesterday at the store restoring my service, only to leave without service, because the girl in store, one of the 2 working today, accused me of being a thief.

I have managed to get my service restored via online chat, with a wonderful tech named Matthew, approximately 15 minutes ago, but I am not willing to let this happen to another person.

as a dispute resolution, I would be satisfied if their manager gave them a talking to. What a horrible way to treat someone.

TELUS Communications Companypurefibre projects

In last November Telus was working in our area to install the fibre. on the end of the day the guy ask me if they can leave a bunch of cable in my back yard. They will come back to work next day. I agreed.
                          They came back and force a few time and then they disappeared, leaving a bunch of cables in the yard and they never show up till now!

I called Telus couple times since January and made notes to the fibre department to take away the cable. Until now the cable still stay in my yard.

I was so disapointed with Telus!

I can be reached at [protected].

Regards

David

purefibre projects
                          purefibre projects

TELUS Communications Companypolitics and propaganda

Recently, I have noticed Telus Communications has been supporting the so called "LGBT..." movement. As a Telus customer who has seen first hand the destructive behaviour involved in this lifestyle, I would request Telus to stay out of politics and/or "civil rights" movements. For further study, please look into Body Integrity Identity Disorder. This behaviour must be treated as such and not encouraged.

Telus Communications — internet

On 17th October 2018 Telus Internet was installed at my home in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. The technician Ha...

Edmonton

Telus Communications — door to door sales claiming to be telus

Nov 22 at 7 pm, 2 young men came to my door in the dark wearing Telus white coats and holding a laptop...

Nanaimo

Telus Communicationsinternet

30OCT2018

I have had an ongoing issue with my internet for almost 4 months now, telus keeps sending out technicians that can't resolve the issue, the last few techs have said a more specialized tech needs to come out, a "rushman", they have put their advisement in their notes and telus continued to send out the incorrect technician. My file was moved to the "escalation dept" where the last manager, Brian Emt sent me an email 3.5 weeks ago advising he was going to be speaking to a field manager, since there are no rushman in the Squamish, BC area to find a solution. No further call or email with an update or resolution.

I emailed him yesterday with no response, I tried calling him and the extension he gave me is incorrect. I called in yesterday, they said they would have someone call me back, no call back. I called again today and was told that the escalation managers don't give out their extensions but they will try to do the best to have the manager of the escalation team managers call me back. This is the typical cyclical customer service that I've been receiving, yet my internet still fails. I received a $200 credit 3.5 weeks ago, this is little to no compensation for the time I have wasted dealing with telus and the techs, not to mention the hours of billable time I have missed due to failed internet.

I would like my internet to work and I would like to be compensated for all my lost billable time due to either dealing with telus or not having access to internet.

Barb Engstrom
                              [protected]@gmail.com

Telus Communications — billing errors and lack of support and resolve the issues

2018-10-18 I have received a mail statement from Telus for final notice to pay $14, 14 until 2018-10-13...

Vancouver

Telus Communicationscontent club

Not sure how this happened I just checked my bank account and they charged me with $69.84 and another $19.87 called the number and they said they would refund my money in about 10 days but I need to know how they got my account info and how to contact them immediately so this does not happen again the name of the company is content club some how they got my bank account info it's a subscription to something I do not have any subscriptions that I know of