Having problems with TELUS?

TELUS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 4, 2006. The latest review Email migration to gmail was posted on Apr 8, 2021. The latest complaint telus discriminates against mental health was resolved on Aug 22, 2013. TELUS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 269 reviews. TELUS has resolved 95 complaints.

TELUS Customer Service Contacts

1866 771 9666 (United States)
+1 416 940 5995 (International)
+1 888 811 2323 (TELUS Internet, TV & Home Phone)
+1 855 255 8828 (TELUS SmartHome Security)
+1 604 697 8044 (Head Office)
510 W. Georgia St., 23rd Floor
Thu9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TELUS Customer Service. Initial TELUS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TELUS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TELUS. Discuss the issues you have had with TELUS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TELUS Complaints & Reviews

Telus Optic And High Speed Internet — ripoff

Read the fine print of your 3 year contract with TELUS OPTIC Ripoff When I signed up they offered me...

Calgary

TELUStelus discriminates against mental health

my son is employee of telus i want my voice to be heard that Telus discriminates against mental health and physical health . they have no respect for people who suffer from health .. he had multiple surgeries and suffer a bad mental illness in a short period. the only Thing telus did was harass him, not only they did not care, they harassed him with phone calls and email to get to work and kept asking for doctor notes, when they got their doctor notes. they ignored them and laughed at his mental illness, and the fact he had 2 surgery in 2 month and he was mentally crushed from the pain. but more so from the harassment of his work. and not letting him to recover.
this company does not care for anyone but them self, who to say they care for their customer. i hope everyone gets to read this.. its hard for me to see my sun suffer because he is more focused on Why telus is discriminating him and him being bullied than his recovery .

Telus Mobilitybought used phone as a new phone

Bought a "new phone" a year ago for my wife, a nokia lumia 800.When arrived at home detected the phone had info belonging to someone else...????.called them and they said it was impossible.We continued using the phone and a month ago some proximity sensor bug a well known issue in this phone started to give us problems.Rushed to the store, since we knew the warranty for 1 year would expire in a month or so.when we got to the store and gave the phone away for repairs to the rep, he said my warranty had expired a month ago..!!!My contract started on july the 20th and the warranty year had to end on july the 20 th...weird .
    So my phone warranty kicked in a month before I bought it...on June 25 a year ago... what confirms my suspicion that it was a phone used by someone else and returned it for some reason, then I bought IT as A NEW PHONE WITH A CONTRACT.Still pending discussion with customer care...

cylo Jul 14, 2013

Good old Telus, scamming people again and again. When are people going to learn and not do business with these crooks.

Telus Mobility — block my number from telus users

I switched my cell phone from Telus Mobility to Wind Mobile on May 30 2013. I keep my existing phone...

Vancouver

TELUS — horrible scammers

Signed a 3-yr contract with them, was in the second year of the contract and went on holiday for two week...

TELUSnew charge for texting to usa numbers

I recently was informed that Telus will be charging 40cents per text message sent to a cell number within the USA from a Canada phone, while other companies have done the same, I have been with telus for over 5 years for the main reason that texting from a canadian cell to an american cell was free of charge and included within my unlimited texting plan within my contract. However when I called to ask about this change they were not willing to help me at all and only said that telus customers have been benefiting from this service for too long and they are now starting to charge for this, even though I am in a contract. There is a hidden clause with apparently allows telus to change any part of your rate plan, including texting anytime they wish. They are unwilling to offer current and long time customers any incentives to stay with their company and if you wish to continue texting family or friends in the USA you must pay an additional $10 for the unlimited international plan.The representative were unwilling to even hear out my complaint and reasons, and would not even offer to help other than making me pay even more for a plan that I thought I was already paying enough for, only to have them change it so I would have to pay them even more. They do not assist current clients and place them under the same category as a new customer that has no years of loyalty to their brand by offering them the exact same $ plan as myself. Telus needs to find new and polite customer service reps who understand the issues that this change has made to customers and decide whether or not charging more and more for features that were included in contract plans is worth them losing long time customers!
      A very unsatisfied customer of telus mobility!

TELUS — overcharges

they charged Me double for all phone calls that were less than a minute each. When I wrote a complaint they...

Dawson Creek

Telus Mobilitybad service, unhelpful staff, bad products

I have been with telus ever since owning a cellphone which has been around seventeen years now and quite frankly I have never had a problem with them until my last two cellphones. The most recent phone I bought has been nothing but trouble ever since buying the damn thing. I bought the phone LG optimus one p500 at wal-mart and then set it up on pay as you go. From the moment I activated the phone it had a lot of problems with the sim card.
        My phone will be able to receive messages however I cannot send messages out- this is highly frustrating. This has been happening for around 9 months or so. From day one this has happened and I've done all what you are suppose to do, I've taken the battery out, taken the sim card out, reset the phone to factory settings. I have called telus customer care so many times I'm sure they shudder when they see my telephone number.

This is where I'm so irritated and annoyed at the service, When I call I'm asked the same questions, told to do the exact same things and it seems as though the operators who are suppose to help do nothing but make the situation worse. I'm fed up with it.
        Each and every time I call customer service they ask me for my name, number, pin. They then proceed to tell me they guarantee they can fix the problem and ask what is going on. I explain calmly in detail whats happened, how I have a file on their computers of all the times this has happened and I then explain to them that I have already taken the battery out and sim card out several times in an attempt to fix the phone myself. The first thing out of their mouths as if they haven't heard a word I said is "Could you please take out of the battery and sim card." Once I do that AGAIN! and tell them the problem still is happening I get a very frustrated sounding "I don't understand why it's still happening." They then proceed to step me through factory resetting my phone and today I'm up to the sky with anger. I've reset my phone several times now and each time I have to export my contacts and such and on the phone today the Lady explained to me how to do it, I did it exactly as she said and when I turned my phone on. I lost everything on my phone and had no way of getting it back. I was getting very angry at this point and asked her what I should do and if she could help me and she sounded very uncomfortable and irritated as well explaining " I don't know, this has never happened before, I don't think there is anything I can do!" She then proceeded to tell me that there would probably be a problem with the sim card. As always this is when it comes down to them explaining that there is nothing they can do and they say just to wait and hopefully it will fix itself. Its four hours later and still nothing, I'm left with a factory set phone with none of my contacts, none of my pictures and ringtones and no service.

Telus Optik Tv And Internetpoor installation and service

I contacted Telus to bundle my internet, phone and optiv tv. The installation was set for November 17th. The installer, we found out to our dismay, did not know what he was doing. We ended up with no internet or tv from the 17th of November until the 22nd of November where Telus finally realized they need to send in another service technician onsite. We were then advised that the initial installer did pretty much nothing!! Finally had internet and TV; however, we lose our internet connection quite a bit and even lose our tv signal. The customer service from Telus between the dates of November 17th to December 1, 2012 was terrible. I have been a customer of Telus for a great number of years (phone) and thought ... why not bundle and save money. We LOST money. We have a home based business in which we rely 100% on internet. We lost thousands of dollars due to Telus's error and poor customer service and they still refuse to see how poorly they have serviced their customers. If you are thinking of going to Telus for any kind of service - Think Again!!!

TELUS — promise a new hp laptop when signing 3 year contract

A year ago, I was promised by Telus that if I signed a 3 year contract for cable TV and internet, I would...

Edmonton

TELUScrooks

I would like to tell people not to do business with Telus, they have got to be one of the worse phone provider companies I have ever dealt with. They deceive you about thier products and services, they lie to you about your contracts whether you have one or not. They charge you outrageous fees on different calling features after lying to you about how wonderful it would be for you to switch to them. If you supposedly owe them money and you don't pay it, they will send your "file" to 3 to 4 different collection agencies and harrass you 4-5 times daily. Another thing they are doing to generate income is by creating different telemarketing companies from within thier own company, then they will call you and try to sell you something else, another 3 calls a day and eat up your air time. This company are a bunch of crooks. Do not do business with them and don't fall for thier commericals or thier manipulative talk.

A concerned consumer

• Kl
                KlutzCity Jan 23, 2019

I'm in. I thought I was the only one who choked on my false teeth when Darren Entwhiste got that diversity award for all those impotent Judy-Dent trained outsourced client service servers from various outsourcey countries (I have to admit enjoying learning their names tho, the variety of names I never heard before is amazing, maybe a special recruitment gimmick to cop that Employee Diversity award). Recently I had occasion to calculate the amount of money I have spent on Telus Mobility in the last 20 years - at 300/mo for my "family plan" (2 of us) comes to well over $60, 000. If only I had bought their monopoly stock and used a 7-11 phonecard instead of buying the CRTC promises to curb their enthusiasm, I would own a house today! And be a lot healthier for having stayed off my cell.

cylo Jan 23, 2014

If you are going to initiate a class action, i would like to be in.

• Ha
                harveyx Jan 09, 2014

I'm looking to initiate class action. please contact me

• Kl
                KlutzCity Oct 03, 2013

these guys are completely phony. The irony is that Darren Entwhistle has received a host of awards for Telus, many for cor[porate sustainability-type qualities which in my view are completely manipulable and meaningless for SERVICE MONOPOLY organizations.:economic factors which delight and impress investors drive their Clients to drink and gnash our teeth as we wait, not patiently but inevitably, while Telus call handlers with multiple ethnic accents assure us all is well, they ARE experiencing higher than usual call volumes whenever we call because of no access, etc, the new system will be up and fully functional in max 6 weeks they got an EMAIL from headoffice telling them so, etc etc etc. I have spent over 100 hours since January chatting to at least 30 different staffers on the chat lines. None of them below 3rd level tech solutions (which they are not allowed to admit they know exists, IF they even do) have the authority to fix their wonky accounts nor to tell us how and why they are wonky. Mr Entwhistle's Telus awards are from organizations like the Fraser Institute, UofA Business School, etc. A particularly funny one is an award for employee diversity- I think this one was the result of cheap outsource labour with minimal "serve it right" politeness training and no technology background or inhouse training to answer all those chat lines. I'm just guessing at this by the accents and the quality of the information that most of them have (there are a few exceptions which to me prove the general rule). So how does Telus stock keep rising when their service has us poor clients popping Peptobismol and cursing? Well, I guess the company spends its time and money on Investor Relations as a priority and customer relations as a frill, and turns its staff burden to keep an unsustainable accounts and web system into an advantage for diversity hiring. All those are guesses based on my long forced research into Telus' service. The thing they have going for them is a Government Monopoly, and a captive Canadian consumer public. BUT - one of last night's chatters was in the US, he admitted to me (not allowed to admit they are from anywhere so hope no trouble, R) - came up when I asked if HE used Telus as his home server, and he said no he is in the US and uses AOL -and in his view the American companies' client services are worse. What is wrong with this picture?

TELUSinstallation

All I want to do is use Telus' services, especially the Internet, but it's almost impossible to have it installed!

First of all, I just moved into a building on Granville Street in Vancouver that includes Internet/TV/PVR in the rent, but somehow it's my reponsibility to talk to Telus directly to have it hooked up (I know that is the building's fault). Well, I contacted Telus on July 28, long before the move, thinking that my ability to use the Internet (I need it for my work) would not be interupted. They said the earliest they could send a technician was August 15, so I had no choice to agree. They then asked me for my number and said that that installation window was from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

When the day finally came for the installation, I waited all day, and when it came close to 5:00 pm, I decided to call them. They told me that a couple of technicians were there between 8:00 - 8:30 am, but I didn't answer their call, so they left! Of course, I was upset and a bit panicked because I needed the Internet immediately for my work, so I called them, but they told me it was my fault for not answering the phone and it actually cost them $200 to send out technicians. When I complained to them and told them how much I needed the Internet and that they should have tried harder to contact me or the manager, they didn't care at all and the guy on the phone actually told me the technicians have a union and don't want to work too much (!). He then said they could come again, but 1 week later at the earliest! So here I am having to wait another week without Internet and losing $200/day!

One of the worst parts is that the manager's number is right there at the front door in plain site, and he is there 8:00 am - 5:00 pm every day. Why didn't they contact him because the manager did negotiate installs with other residents. Why do these guys at Telus don't know about this? How long has this company been in business? Also, they don't even bother to ask me for a backup phone number they could use in case I somehow can't answer my phone sometime within their 9 hour window. It's the 2nd time they didn't ask me for an alternate number. I could give them my wife's number, the manager's number (since they are no capable of reading the manager's number above the intercom). Obviously, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR DON'T CARE.

So I want to warn everyone out there. If you are expecting to have a service installed by Telus, be prepared to wait at least one week, and then wait around in your home all day. And heaven forbid, don't even take a shower or take your phone out of your pocket for a second. If you miss their call, you're going to have to wait for another week at least!

Unfortunately, I don't have a choice or I would use Shaw instead of Telus, but my building has an agreement with Telus. Already, I can't stand them, so we are off to a great start. Before this, I had been happily using Shaw's services for almost 10 years with no problems.

If anyone from Telus should come across this complaint, my account # is [protected], and this installation date was to be August 15, 2012 between 8AM to 5PM.

• Te
                  Telus no good Jan 05, 2012

As a long time customer of Telus this is the last time i will ever deal with them. This is the second time i have had to wait at home during the week all day and in the end have had no tech show up. This time i called three times as for the tech was supposed to show in the morning, then noon and last time i called which was about five was told, hey we don't have the right guy in your area. WHAT! so what are we going to do now i asked, well the nice Telus lady said we can re-book your install two weeks from now. I have had all my old services cancelled and now will have nothing for two weeks, but this was not a Telus problem. So much for customer support, I will never deal with Telus again so Shaw here i come, well at leased who ever i end up with cant be any worse than Telus.

TELUSservice does not work-still being charged and expected to pay

Activated services (OPTIK TV & HIGH SPEED INTERNET) at the above mentioned address in August of 2011

Issue #1- Telus was billing us for Internet and TV usage at THE WRONG ADDRESS were billing.
                Issue #2 - OPTIK TV service kept cutting in and out, reception was lost, channels were missing and would mysteriously return again, volume was missing in recorded shows; recorded shows were lost due to bad reception - this started from day one and continued 3 months into the service. At the three month mark I noticed we were being billed for services at the WRONG address based on this Telus was able to break the contract for TV services also due to the fact their OPTIK TV NEVER worked properly for us.
                Issue #3 - HIGH SPEED INTERNET - again for the first three months Telus was billing us for services at #801 NOT OUR UNIT!!! Also, service was choppy. Internet connection always being lost, takes 2 hours to upload a photo to Facebook, connection dropped, modem overheating etc.
                 Three months into the contract when OPTIK TV was cancelled – Telus told me I could cancel my Internet services in the future AT ANY TIME PENALTY FREE IF I SENT BACK THE XBOX LINKED TO THE ACCOUNT AND THIS OFFER WAS A SPECIAL ACCEPTANCE DUE TO ALL THE HEADACHES SINCE OPENING MY ACCOUNT. WE AGREED TO STAY WITH TELUS AS WE WERE OFFERED A REDUCED RATE OF $49 / MONTH FOR THE FIRST SIX MONTHS-TELUS ALSO SENT ME A NEW MODEM AND SENT A TECHNICIAN OUT TO MAKE SURE THE CONNECTIONS WERE “OK”
                Issue #4 – The “technician” came to our townhouse; and the townhouse on his record was still THE WRONG ONE – UNIT 801. He told me since the units were mixed up he didn’t know what to do. He walked around the perimeter of the living room looked at the baseboards – DIDN’T TOUCH ANYTHING OR BEND OVER; AT THIS POINT HE’S WALKING ROUND AS IF ON A PERSONAL TOUR OF MY HOUSE!!! Touched the modem, said it was hot and recommended Telus send me a new one. He then sat in his truck for 15 minutes typing a “report” came back to the door gave me his card and told me to call any time to follow up.
                Issue #5 – One month after giving Telus another try, internet services have NOT improved, I phone Telus to cancel and am THEN TOLD I’m ON A THREE YEAR CONTRACT AND CANNOT CANCEL!!! I pay my bill anyways.
                Issue #6 – TWO months into my new “contract with Telus” I phone again to complain about their services. Again I’m told I cannot break the contract but I insist my complaint is at least noted on our file.
                Issue #7 – THREE months into the contract and my internet worked properly for TWO DAYS this month. I call again and am told I cannot break the contract. I am 99% Sure that according to the SOX compliancy act it is ILLEGAL for Telus to charge me for a service that has not been provided nor had worked properly since the start of the contract. I pay my bill
                Issue #8 – Another month of little to no internet services. I call Telus again. I cannot cancel my contract and I pay my bill.
                Issue #9 – In May of 2012 I phoned Telus to SUSPEND my services temporarily. I was the victim of a hate crime in May 2012 and had to move in fear of being targeted again. I had NO fixed address to give at the time. The Telus CSR I spoke to told me I could suspend my services for $15.00/month I explained to him that was ridiculous as I was not going to be accessing my account at any time and was already fed up paying Telus for a service that NEVER worked. He put me on hold to look into my account history. He came back, apologized for my issued and told me he would credit my account by $30 to make up for two months of the suspension – that was the best he could do so I agreed. At the end of the conversation it was confirmed my services were put on hold.
                Issue #10 – On August 6, 2012 I received an Email from Telus with my bill in the amount of $346 + for CANCELLATION OF MY ACCOUNT IN JULY 2012. I phoned Telus and learned that the rep I spoke to in MAY was WRONG that I actually CANNOT suspend internet services I can only TRANSFER THEM.
                 I explained to the CSR in May that due to being the victim of a hate crime I was being forced to move and had no fixed address so I had nowhere to transfer the account to – he said not to worry that due to the circumstances he would suspend my account until December 31, 2012.
                 It was further explained to me that I could transfer nmy services to another existing address – AGAIN I told this CSR – Marie or Maria that I had NO FIXED ADDRESS; THAT I HAD EXPLAINED THIS TO THE CSR IN MAY; she apologized again and told me he was wrong. That I have no choice I cannot suspend my account and I have 90 days to give the a new address of to pay them the $400.

Telus Optik Tvservice

A Telus tech was sent out to set up our optik tv the technician had torn out cables left them in a disarray and then said he probably should of looked further into it before tearing it out thanks. And then I had to call to rebook an appt for them to come out and finish the job I got the run around and put on hold a numerous of time to realize that I have to call in the morning to have another tech come out. This is ridiculous that they cant be more effiicient and provide there customers with proper contact numbers. Needless to say im frustrated and I wish i never signed up.

Jack Telus Feb 18, 2011

Watch out for the scam when they ask you to subscribe to Telus Optik TV. It would give you the impression that the connection is by optic fibre which is fast in today's technology. But all you get is the name Optik on your existing copper wire and nothing to do with optic fibre.

Telus Cell Servicecostumer service off shore

this letter send to telus President.

I am writing this complaint as I am totally sick and tiered of Telus costumer service.

I have been a Telus costumer for over 20 years but now I had more than enough of its poor service. I have cancelled all my services with Telus.

Last week I called costumer service regarding a payment, without confirming my drivers license and my date of birth they refused to assist me. In addition I was speaking with off shore costumer service. A driver license provides enough information to generating a Passport and steal your identity. I did provide my account number, confirmed full name and address and phone number.

Telus is the only company who request this information. I at no time I agreed for Telus to hand out my personal information to a third party especially to off shore. When I requested to be transferred to a Canadian costumer service they denied me and refused to do so, when I asked for a manager I was denied and not transferred . ( I have the legal right to a Canadian Costumer service )

Couple of years ago Mr. Penner PM has already contacted Telus on this matter. That time Telus assured to have this matter corrected

No other company requires such a information at any time. Drivers license and date of birth should be kept confidential and it is protected under the Canadian Privacy Act. Telus has not assured their costumer for 100% safety on privacy and if an ID is stolen that they will take full responsibility.

I only have couple of months left on my cell account, once that is over all services have been cancelled with Telus. I have removed cable, Internet, land and two cell phones. I have and will share this letter with all my friends and neighbours and discourage them from Telus.
                    I am very sick of Telus ignorance.

• Vi
                        VicJames Jun 07, 2012

Wow, what an awesome pointless rant. FYI: If they have access to a credit bureau (which they do along with any service provider) they already have all this information. They use it confirm that you are indeed who you say you are, remember you are calling them, they are not calling you. Stop being so paranoid, if you knew how much information they already had on you I think you would go over the edge. And yes, there is actual legislation which safeguards when / where / who / and why they can access this info, unlike your factitious legal right to Canadian customer service. Welcome to the new millenium, get used to it.

• Bu
                        Burt Sandblaster Jun 06, 2012

What "legal right" to a Canadian customer service agent? Please provide us with this piece of legislation.

Telus Mobilityvery upset disappointed customer

We have been with Telus and recently purchased over $1000.00 on cell phones not to mention my kids phones and past contracts. I got the highly recommended new 9900Black Berry Bold a $600.00 phone I have had it for 6 weeks. From the 2nd day I have had to remove the battery at least once a week usually 2-3 times until last night when no matter what we tried it just would not turn on so spent a 2 hours trying to get help but all dept's closed so today I spend another 2 1/2 hours at the Harwood Ave location only to be told I had to wait until thurs.(5 days) to get a LOANER of what ever they had in stock OR spend another $150.00 to replace my 6 week BB making it now a $750.00 phone. I am now with out a phone until my LOANER arrives and have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my 6 week old BB back because my 6 week old phone has to be sent to be REPAIRED, REPAIRED ARE YOU KIDDING ME...If I was not locked in a contract I would be going with Rogers or Bell anyone but Telus. This is just not acceptable once Telus has you sign on the dotted line your SCREWED.Bell and Rogers are leading the way in Customer Service and as of Aug 25 2014 we will no longer be a Telus customer also all 4 of our children, their partners and friend said they will never resign with Telus because of the Bull I have been through, they sure don't want to be 4-6 weeks with out a phone because for most of us it is a necessity. Telus advertises that they are all about the CUSTOMER, I am proof TELUS IS ALL ABOUT THE ALL MIGHTY $$$
                      signed: VERY UPSET DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER.

TELUS — excessive charges

I have been with Telus formerly B.C. Tel for 28 years. They had called my wife asking her if she wanted to...

Telus Mobilitybilling problems

I bought extra service package for use of cell phone in united states. I payed full price for all calls and texts as well as roaming charges. Today i received a email from telus stating that the didn't charge me for the us calling plan on my bill and that they would be putting the charge on my next bill. They really have no clue how bad there service really is. I have no choice but to change providers after 12 years. I am expected to pay for service i didn't get and pay full price for using the phone without a special international package. This is really terrible.

TELUSawful customer service

Telus has cancelled my phone service without notice.
                          I was unemployed at the time an was unable to make the payments fully. I called several times to notify them and I said i will repay everything when I have the money (as soon as i get employed). First thing when I got a job, after about a month I called back to arrange a payment for the previous balance. One clerk said it was fine, but i guess "forgot" to put it in the system. so My phone was disconnected... 3 times. And overtime they charged me a connection fee!!
                          I made a payment of $100 on Jan 20th and 3 days later they disconnected my phone because I had $40 remaining on the balance. I used to be with rogers and I never heard of this before! No one disconnects the phone because of $40 remaining on the balance. They discontinued my account AND they want me to pay for breach of contract. This is ridiculous.
                          NO company should be able to get away with doing things like that!! Oh and did i mention that 2 clerks and 1 manager told me three different things. One said they will charge me $280 for the breach of contract, another one said $300. They can't even get their staff on the same line, forget helping customers. Absolutely NO SYMPATHY toward customers who lost their jobs. And a manager telling me to "shut up" and "clearly you don't understand how payments work" is definitely not acceptable.

DO NOT GO WITH TELUS. TELUS SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED and collective action should be taken for their incompetent service and employees.

• Mi
                              Mikesaysno Apr 14, 2012

Pay your bills and this won't happen. It's like you expect other people to make up for your lack of responsibility and give you free handouts.

You don't deserve a phone if you can't afford it.

TELUSbilling wrong, trouble getting free laptop

We signed up on October 8th for the bundle package from Telus. Even though we already had internet they still offered us the free laptop if we signed up for 3 years because we had to upgrade our internet to get the optic tv. The installer came and after 8 hours he was done and he left in the dark. The next day I looked at the work he had done and it looked awful. Holes drilled in our house where ever he wanted and lines visible and not tucked away. I have filed two complaints about this and have heard nothing back.

With the promotion we were told it would come to $82 plus tax a month and our first bill came and it was $130. I called and complained and was able to get some of it credited but we are still paying more than we agreed too. One of the charges was a $10 loyalty customer charge that we were supposed to get credited and we are still being charged for anti virus which is free. Every month I call and get that charge removed and every month they say it won't happen again.

With the laptop - I gave it 8 weeks and than called asking where it was. They told me that two weeks into our contract Telus decided they couldn't offer me this deal and removed it from our file wihout contacting us. It took me quite awhile and a number of different people to get the deal put back on. I didn't pay my full bill for December because of all the credits I should have received and when I called back in February asking where our laptop was I was told that our account was red flagged and I wouldn't be receiving it until they received payment in full. It didn't matter that the amount not paid was supposed to be credited and wasn't. So I paid the full amount and was than told that they would re-apply for me to see if I still qualified. Again after wasting more of my time I have been told that we now qualify and they will be sending it out.

Don't sign up for Telus over the phone. Go in and talk to someone so you can have the numbers and information they are promising you in writing. It is impossible to go back and argue they are wrong when everything is done over the phone. We are happy with our tv service and the pvrs but we shouldn't have to phone back every month to fix their mistakes. Their customer service stinks and they make it sound like it is all our fault everytime.

cylo Oct 02, 2012

There is a class action lawsuit against Telus, Bell etc. for deceiving the customers. Google it and you will see.

• Ha
                                harpoon Sep 18, 2012

i also was contacted by a telus rep and offered 82.00 per month for a 3 year contract, now my bill for sept 2012 is 131.00. this happens every month, i phone and they drop it a bit to 97.00, now they say they can only go down to 120.00, i am pissed. i contacted the c.c.t.s., maybe they can do something, or get enough people to go to small claims court. telus is definitely a bad company to deal with.

cylo Sep 01, 2012

I will never do business with telus again, a couple of years ago i purchased a pay and talk phone from the local Zellers store here in Edmonton Alberta Canada, then about 2 years later i received a telemarketing call from one of telus "agents' asking me if i wanted to switch to a $45. a month plan, after hearing his blah blah blah, i told him i would as long as i am not going to be on a contract, i do not want to be on a contract, he said no no no, you will not be on a contract we will only charge you $45. a month with free weekends etc.. so i agreed to switch over, well sometime later i noticed i was getting lots of telemarketing calls, so i phoned telus to complain and ask to have my phone disconnected, the telus agent told me in order to cancel my phone i had to pay $400. cancellation fee as i am on a contract. i told her i did not agree to a contract, she said it doesn't matter you still have to pay it. Anyhow, because Telus figured i owed them money, they sent my "file" to 3 different collection agencies and now i get 3-6 collection agency calls every day, Telus are a bunch of crooks and they should be put right out of business. I hate their stupid commercials. Do not give them or any phone company your credit card number either. And do not do business with these people. TELUS IS A BAD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH, they are dishonest and deceive their customers.