Menu

complaints

Airtel Complaints Summary

492 Resolved
814 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Airtel, which has a below-average resolution rate, demands caution. Thoroughly assess their service reviews and explore how they handle unresolved complaints. If you encounter issues, document your experiences meticulously and be persistent in seeking resolutions.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Airtel has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Airtel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Airtel complaints 1306

Sort by:

Newest Airtel complaints

2:16 am EST

Airtel Mobile network

Mobile - [protected]

Network issue/Voice crack at home address.

I have already complaint multiple times through airtel app. They resolved the issue in records but actually it does not resolved on the ground. My problem is as it is.

After this complaint, If Still it will not resolve then unwillingly i will have to choose port option.

Kindly look into it.

Regards

Sudhanshu Saxena

[protected]

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Airtel representatives only. If you are affiliated with Airtel, please claim your business to access these details.

J
5:35 am EST

Airtel Data services

My data is not working properly since 30th Nov'23. The network signals are showing exclamation sign at the top right corner.I called IVR and registerd the complaint myself via IVR and the time line quoted to me is 18th Dec'23, "I mean seriously", That's how long do you take to reslove one single complaint.It's been 5 days,still facing the issue.

Claimed loss: who will bear the cost of recharge, when i was unable to use data since 30th Nov'23 till it doesn't work.2nd, data not carry forwarded in prepaid so all unused data is being wasted.

Desired outcome: I want refund for the no. of days my data is not working.Starting from 30th Nov'23 till I don't get a resolution.

View 0 more photos
C
6:50 pm EDT

Airtel International roaming

(V Chandrasekharan

[protected], Chennai )

Dear Sir,

I belong to Chennai and am now in the US on a visit to my son.

I am with Airtel for a long time and have taken an Airtel International Roaming pack for Rs 899/- for my present visit.

While the voice and Data are working, SMS is not working in the IR pack.

My bank in Chennai is trying to send me a verification message on some important matter thro SMS but it is continuously failing.

I have been contacting your helpdesk thro AT thanks app and thro Whatsapp [protected] but no one is able to provide any assistance in the matter. They abruptly stop the communication beyond a point.

As I am in a difficult situation, I request you to look into the matter and set right the problem in the Messaging part of my International Roaming pack.

Thanking you and with regards

-V Chandrasekharan

Hillsboro OR USA (Camp)

Desired outcome: Messaging from my mobile should work

Is Airtel legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Airtel as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 37% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Airtel stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Airtel should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Airtel earns 96% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Airtel achives 96% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Airtel. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Airtel.in has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Airtel website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Airtel.in has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Airtel.in you are considering visiting, which is associated with Airtel, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Airtel website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Airtel's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 37% of 1 complaints were resolved.
  • Airtel protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Airtel. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
B
11:32 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Airtel No service or intermittent service

My number is [protected] and I am residing in Yapral Secunderabad. I have been complaining about low signal, no signal and no volte many times and there is no response . There seems to be no tower near by and many of your old customers have switched to jio. I am sorry to say that Jio has excellent service in this area whereas your service is intermittent and bad not to say no response from your side even once . BSNL is far better than your service.

From Bhanu Chandra Rao

Sent from Mail for Windows

Desired outcome: ANOTHER TOWER IN OUR AREA WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM

P
3:24 am EDT

Airtel Service

Hi,

I am Raju. I am a Airtel Black customer. My account No is [protected].

From 6th October 2023 (Friday) evening to till date (09.10.2023) internet connection not available in this account. After raising several complaint to airtel over phone till now no service person contacted us and the problem not yet solved. No response from Airtel even though having a premium account. Very bad experience with airtel. All my works hanged due to this network failure.

Resolve this problem with immediate effect.

1:54 am EDT

Airtel International roaming

i got activated international roaming on my number [protected] from 26.7,2023 for a month which included in my last monthly bill and this payment was cleared thru my last monthly bill but to my surprise this month too i have recd another 4481/- as my monthly bill whereas my current family monthly plan is of 799/- . therefore request you to review my current monthly bill of 4481 and give me the credit for my excess payment . Fyi i have cleared my current bill today and trust will get a positive response soon on this matter.

Another request for change of my plan to 599/- p.m family plan from my current family plan under an intimation to me.

Ashok Salaria

R
3:28 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Airtel Extra charges applied on my number bill of august month

Dear sir,

on 6th august generated broadband bill on my number is wrongly added on Fiber - [protected]_wifi ,

total amount bill is-1455.02

wrongly added bill amount is -869.19

as while shifting my broadband connection from delhi to greater noida customer executive told that it is free of cost shifting will done and installation also but you charged me 300rs.

previous month bill that was my previous id delhi number - Fixedline number : [protected] / Broadband ID : [protected]_dsl bill raised / created on 9th july 2023, and i made full payment on 10th july 2023 vide transaction id -T2307100741086605324707 / UTR -[protected] ( please find the attached detail ).

this month bill on my broadband / fixline - Fixedline number : [protected] / Broadband ID : [protected]_wifibill should be 499 ( plan charge ) + 18% tax.

View 0 more photos
M
3:34 am EDT

Airtel Liars

Hi,

One of the executive Mr.Sanjeev Kumar had approached me for the broadband connection at my office. I had provided him all the detail desired by him and paid the 6 month advance rental charges Rs.3003.

Later on I had received the confirmation from airtel that installation team will fixup the connection - ID No. 21-[protected] on 3rd Sept 23. On visiting they informed me that there is no possibility of the connection here. They will contact with the team and will let me know the possibility.

Till today neither connection is done nor my pay is retransferred. This is an absolute irresponsible work of airtel team. To me big surprises if this is the scene then why Sanjeev had confirmed me and asked me to pay the amounts.

I request airtel to refund my amount back and ask Mr.Sanjeev to send an apology letter to me. Else I will go to consumer court.

Regards,

Maniesh

G
9:01 am EDT

Airtel Naupada branch mr. Kavita sharma indecency towards customer. T

Mr.Kavita sharma of your Airtel Naupda Thane branch has no decency to speak to the customer (senior citizen) making wait for long time i.e. giving no proper feedback not information for I hv to visit office at her convenience, not answering the call nor responding to my calls. This is disgusting n irritating. Pl take necessary action her. is this called customer satisfaction. ?

Update by Gireesh Rane
Sep 09, 2023 9:03 am EDT

My telephone no [protected]

Update by Gireesh Rane
Sep 09, 2023 9:02 am EDT

Harassment to senior citizen n taking for granted to complete the job.

1:12 am EDT

Airtel Internet connection and calling

This is to inform you that I am using mobile number of Airtel compony and from last 12 months, I am terribly facing internet connectivity and calling connectivity. I've complaint many times through Airtel app but still the problem is same.

I am using Airtel since 2011 and both of my numbers are Airtel's number.

Primary number is- [protected].

Secondary number is- [protected].

Both are postpaid connection.

Please resolve my problem.

Thanks

Zeenat Ahmed

3:51 am EDT

Airtel airtel tower intus-issue reg

Dear sir,

I am working in Pudukottai District, Avudaiyar Kovil Circle, Karur Postal, Karur Village. Since yesterday 11-08-2023 from 05:00 am my phone and friends number [protected], [protected], [protected] and many unspecified users have been put in the predicament of not being able to contact through phone. Because (Airtel-INTUS) network area around 5 km more than 100 people are affected. As a result of this, essential information exchange, internet service, education, economy and other office functions have been paralyzed. These technical failures are due to the communication of information about near misses or pre-planning of potential mishaps.

Therefore I humbly request you to give us reasonable damages and reason and rectify this immediately.

Warm Regards

Suthakaran B

11:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Airtel not working of airtel wifi

respected sir/madam,

i have done my recharge on 28-06-2023 through airtel app on mobile number [protected]..but now [protected]) i am unable to access to internet and i have received a message that your recharge is expired .please solve the problem as soon as possible.you can contact me through email ([protected]@gmail.com) or through mobile number( [protected]).

U
2:47 am EDT

Airtel Airtel network issue

Dear Sir/Mam

We are from Hit city Radiogram this is our office located nearly 700 staff are working her we all are using Airtel number even a single point of network we are not getting we are struggling with this number. If you can do something for this it will be help full otherwise we are all planning to shift some other network.

Thanks & Regards,

Oppo: Raheja Mindspace IT Park,

Hitech city, Hyderabad - 500081

Update by uniton @123
Jun 28, 2023 2:49 am EDT

very bad network better to shift to jio is very good network

V
4:13 am EDT

Airtel payment not received

I tried to recharge my friends mobile number [protected] on April 13/14 th by debit card which failed and amount was debited from my bank account. However next day i recd a sms from you on 14th April as follows .

Hi Payment of Rs 666.0 has failed for your airtel mobile [protected] . Any amount , if debited will be refunded to your source account within a day. Pl keep order ID [protected] for reference

My source account is yet to be credited with Rs 666/= Kindly look into it .

My Airtel Number [protected] . Venkataramani K R.

Desired outcome: please refund

J
3:08 am EDT

Airtel Incorrect entry March 2023 bill ,Feb paid ref email Medicalnutrition.julie.ccdnp.[protected]@gmail.com no reply.

Dear Airtel,

Thank you for the Airtel service !

1.Troubleshoot :

Incorrect entry of March bill .

Please fix to pay the bill.

February bill paid on time.Still Incorrectly added March month bill therefore unable to pay on time.

Once correctly entered, shall pay the bill of March .

Email hacked :Medicalnutrition.julie.ccdnp.[protected]@gmail.com

Julie.mhh.[protected]@outlook.com. (hacked still in use)

Name :Julie Joy

Birth name :Julie Margaret (Margatham)

Thank you !

Sincerely,

Julie Margaret.

CDN.PG.RDN. KERI

ADA.ESPEN.IDA

Date :07 April 2023.

Residence: 1502 C01 Tower Near Sourbonne University, Al Oud Al Reem Abu Dhabi [protected]

/Indian Address

1/176 MLA Road, Puthiyakavu, Uddamperoor,Thripunithura, Kerala.

11:18 am EDT

Airtel Bill payment, already paid

Hi

My name is farhana Chishti,[protected]

I paid bill from sbi yono app for my airtel postpaid on 12 February 2023 630 inr and 12 march 1200 inr, both payments are successful, money has been debited but the biller airtel is still charging me with late fees, and overdue of bill. I have reference ids and transaction id of both payments. I can prove in court that I've already paid the bill

Desired outcome: I want to close my airtel sim after this is resolved and port to jio

8:54 am EST

Airtel Airtel payment bank

I am the holder of Airtel payment bank and utilising the same for FAST Tag.

Nowadays , it is difficult to add money . I have approach your agent for payment of amount in Fast tag . They are charging Rs 40 for the payment of RS 500/-. Earlier it was easy to add money through App in the cell . Whether you have outsourced the said service or any change in software problem , The same may be clarified.

4:02 am EST

Airtel Numbers not working

Iam an existing Aitel customer. since a very long time ([protected]) I wanted my son's extreme broadbanc connection to be shifted to my house (downstairs) But he local airtel office number [protected] is not working. Their supposed Manager Mr.Paramesh's number [protected] gets no response. I am 71 years of age and cannot run around offices. My son has shifted and the broadband has been disconnected. Please arrange for same urgently

9:22 am EST

Airtel No connectivity on International Roaming, between 26th September to 25th October 2022.

I had taken an a 30 day International Roaming pack for USA for 26th September to 25th October 2022.

Got connected to T Mobile during transit in major cities. I was stationed at 'Corinth' In New York State (ZIP 12822). for the entire duration I did not get any signal in Corinth. Hench could not use your services.

Could not even pay my bills through your Airtel App. as didn't receive an OTP. Had to pay through PayTM.

Have explained everything in details on 121 number on 10th November 2022 to Mr. Atul. S. R. No. 11JC5FKMLA and was assure a call back within 24 hours. No call back.

Again called on 121 on 15th November 2022 and Mr Aditya Kumar registered my complain vide ID no. [protected] and has informed me that by 18th November my issue would be addressed.

Being a senior citizen (age 66), I have been put to a lot of inconvenience.

Mobile No. +91 [protected] in the name of Shailesh Shrivastava

email. [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: At least refund/adjust Rs. 3999 plus taxes, the charges that I had paid for the International roaming pack.

L
12:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Airtel I am in the USA and Airtel SIM stopped working... the worst support since 45 days

Phone/Mobile Number: [protected]

I have been using Airtel SIM for several years. Now, I am in the USA where I wanted to keep my India Airtel number active, so I have enabled International roaming and activated several months plan activated.

All of sudden, my India Airtel SIM stopped working in the USA. I tried with three different mobile, but SIM is not getting detected.

I went through the entire process as Airtel team instructed me. I sent my Father (70 old) to India Airtel center along with all the documents, including my password/VISA documents and a video call, the executive took my picture too as per process.

It's been more than month, but AIRTEL executives and Nodal Officers have become deaf.. I have been continuously following to activate new SIM.

Could you please escalate this issue to higher authority and get my SIM activated.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Airtel contacts