Telus Mobilityvery, very unhappy customer!

O

As a Telus customer for almost a year, I am very unhappy to say that my phone has consistently been giving me a lot of problems with reception, battery life, display problems, and sometimes I don't even receive calls or messages. When I called Telus on Tuesday July 4, 2006 for the first time, I was put of hold for 15 minutes until I finally hung up. Later that day I called again and talked to another representative, Carol. I told her the problem that I was having and explained that I had already sent the phone to be repaired once before with the same problems recurring.

This cellular phone is under warranty and I am regretting having a Telus phone, I would like someone to review this complaint. As a paying client, I feel as if my concerns are not taken seriously, please get back to me with respect to this urgent matter. If I did not need the use of a cellular phone, I would not have purchased one, I am a very, very unhappy customer.

Regards,
Orel.

Jasjit Mann Feb 11, 2019

I called Telus customer service to cancel the service and they put me on hold for 4 minutes. After waiting for 62 minutes i hang up. This totally unacceptable. What right consumers has to cancel the service.

• Al
    AloysiousBundy Sep 18, 2018

We were a customer of Telus, paid off all of our devices.

I have been attempting to unlock all of our paid-off devices and 3rd party unlocking services are telling us that Telus has not released them.

have contacted Telus repeatedly, and get promises of a response but that is all.

• Da
    dan banov Sep 05, 2018

My fiber cable internet suddenly stopped working and after spending 4 hours over the first 3 days trying to get someone to repair all they can do is give me a date 2 weeks from problem. My business depends on internet. I am loosing hundreds everyday because telus will not hire enough people to service problems.

• Th
    thor333 Aug 20, 2018

on friday the 16 of march i received a phone call from this number [protected] i am a fido customer but a telus provider font took over my phone meaning the fido on my phone was replaced for about ten minutes my phone did not work properly, number was not assigned, do you guys not regulate these things how about contacting the crtc thomas

• Wh
    Whitey55 Dec 19, 2017

Seems its not just a one off but numerous complaints listed on internet. Telus does not realize it takes lots of people to build a business but if they dont care for customers it will not take long to destroy their business

• Rh
    [email protected] Dec 18, 2017

I would like to make a comment on your service, I phoned to talk to someone regarding some issues with my account, I know that there is a wait and I would normally expect it but 2 hours is just ridiculous. I have been with telus for probably close to 30 years and this honestly makes me question your service and if I should even stay with telus. Very frustrating to say the least. I believe service should be at the top of the list for any company.

• Wh
    Whitey55 Aug 08, 2017

Sir or Madam:

I am a military officer and worked in CTC Rocky as Canteen Officer. I went to Safeway and purchased phone cards but was issued Telus top up cards.

I purchased 20 for our cadets and when the error was noted Safeway contacted Telus to see if they would refund the $210 so we could purchase the right cards.

BUT Telus says no...so the cadets are out $210. You would expect from a large corporation like Telus they would have compassion.

You have moved into Manitoba and I will be telling my friends the way we were treated.

I usually say thank you for your assistance but you will not assist us.

Dave lassell
    Captain
    [protected]

• Wi
    Will Prescott Jul 20, 2016

When I signed up with telus - I got there 'top of the line' phone at the time. It broke down within the first month and I got it fixed under warranty. It broke down 11 months later (just after my warranty), and I brought it in and the younger person in the store said they had 'huge issues with this phone and the software was ###'. But when I called to get it fixed for free, they would not take any responsibility. The best answer I got was 'the phones are massed produced, you got to expect a defect'. However, it was there best phone at the time.

After a long and pointless fight with customer service, I got a new phone. 2 months later, it broke down again. Wow! They have taken absolutely no ownership, and for a firm that hides behind a good environmental image, they do not seem to be concerned with all the crap cell phones which are breaking down and going to the dump.

Also, my bills are often extremely high for ridiculous hidden charges. My text messages never go through on weekends since there 'network gets clogged up' so I have missed many important messages.

Many of my friends have had similar experiences with Telus.

My advice - stay far far away!

Cheers,
    Will.

• Fr
    frankhatton Dec 08, 2013

I need to post a few enquiries about repairs on our telephone line on a good forum. I hope posting it here helps. Our apartments office phone is phone number is [protected]. We are a not for profit housing co-operative at 11027, 109 Street, Edmonton and the phone number is a telus account. When accessing the http://www.telus.com/ link to check for internet availability, we are told that internet is not available. I cannot get any further than that. I suspect that Telus have found the line to be old and defective. Perhaps they have decided that our not for profit status means that we cannot pay for the repair. We have the money for such repairs and until Telus repair the line we cannot get internet. If it means purchasing Telus Services to get the line repaired that is fine but we need to get moving on this.

• Ki
    Kicking Raven Mar 19, 2013

So, I get hit with overages on local minutes and long distance. I call Telus and am told that since I am not on a long distance plan that in I have to pay local minutes and long distance charges on a incoming long distance call @ $0.45/minute. Now this seems shady to me because they are charging long distance fees on both ends of the call. You really are forced into a long distance plan. The hit to local minutes also seems like a cash grab. Basically I was paying $0.90/minute on my end (local and long distance overage fees). This added to the fees the originator was also paying it is no wonder providers are always posting huge profits. This seems excessive to me.

• Gravitytheseducer May 04, 2012

Well you have to verify all your info because of Canadian privacy laws. It's the same for many company's so get use to it. And maybe instead of arguing with the person you were speaking to (I imagine you were probably yelling and swearing as well), you could of acted like a mature adult and maybe they would have been willing to be more accommodating toward you.

jaketravis Apr 28, 2012

Worst service I have ever delt with. It all started when I initially signed up with telus. I received my PVR Digital TV Box. Everything went gret untill I realised that the box they gave me was not the box they promised. They advertise the PVR to record pause and play live TV. The box they gave me did not work! When I called to complain about my box not working and did I mention I was on hold for an hour and it took the CSR 2 hours to figure out what the problem wass. I was eventually told that the box did not have recording capabilities. WHAT! Then why am I paying as much as a customer who has recording/pausing capabilities?! Telus told me that that's how it is. I Requested a new box and instead of apologizing to me they insisted that I give them all my information because they did not believe that they were talking to the account holder. Why do I NEED to give them my drivers licence, SIN # and credit card again! They have all that info! So after arguing on the phone with them about the problem they came up with the idea to charge me a reinstallation fee of $150, plus a service fee for $50 dollars to bring out a new WORKING box!! This was just outrageous to me!! I told them they can count on me NEVER doing business with TELUS AGAIN!!!

• Ds
    DSgamby Apr 24, 2012

Shaw spamming Complaintsboard, com

lol

• Th
    The Shaw Guy Apr 24, 2012

Looking for Service with shaw I have amazing offers for customers that wish to leave telus please call [protected]

rozexhips Mar 18, 2012

I recently switched from Rogers to Telus in January 2012.
    Since then I have had numerous problems with my bill.
    Upon activating my phone, the guys at BestBuy needed to activate two numbers as the server froze the first time. They did not fix this over at Telus HQ, so i got billed not one, but TWO Activation fees and service charges.
    They took it off my bill for THAT MONTH, however now it remains on my bill constantly.
    They keep saying they will change it and never do.

Now, this month they are charging me for data I didn't use (but moreso transferred the data charges from my last bill onto this one, which I already paid for). I can prove this, because I turned OFF my mobile packet data several days ago, when it was still 35 mb off my limit.

I'm not sure how to get Telus to finally do their job and serve me, a PAYING CLIENT properly.

I need help!
    I cannot afford messups as a student!

• Am
    Amal Hassanein Nov 28, 2011

I have recently transferred from Rogers to a Telus corporate plan for two iphones and for a week now I am having technical issues with the two iphones. The transfer has not been done properly and I still have the messages received on the rogers phone at times and the Telus phone at other times. Regards the phone calls, I receive all calls at the Rogers phone and could at some times make phone calls from the Telus phone. However most of the time the call fails before the other party receives it or the other party cannot hear me. Another problem is that the signal shows one or two bars maximum at times and because of this the battery last few hours only every day.

I tried calling technical support twice during the week and they did not help so I decided to go to the store in Bayshore to show them the problem live.

I would like to inform you that the manager of the store was the most rude sales person I have ever met. She was busy with another customer setting up a new phone and asked me and the customer that came few minutes after me if we have quick questions. I answered that I have problem receiving calls on my phone and she asked me to wait for her colleague to help me. The other customer wanted a hardware upgrade and she asked her to wait as well. I have waited for about 10 minutes in the store to get my turn and when her colleague came to help me and after starting the conversation with me she asked him to help the other customer. At that time the customer said that I came first and the manager still asked him to help the other customer. I had to wait their for an hour to get help without even anyone apologising for the delay. I had to ask for an explanation for the bad service to hear an apology that was not really sincere.

The Telus manager apparently cared for the sales transaction more than the support transaction which is on the short and long term hurting your business. Because of this bad service I left the store with a very bad experience about Telus that I will spread this within my work and family community. I have also decided to cancel the plan with Telus and never go to this store again. I have already called Rogers to keep my plan with them and to tell them the bad experience I got from Telus Technical support and after sales services. If it was only bad technical support I would have been more patient until the transfer is finalized. However, I am not ready to pay one cent to an organization that does not treat their customers well.

• Su
    Suzy-Q Nov 03, 2011

i was suppose to get a hook up on oct 26th 2011 for home phone and internet, they switched the service date without notifying me for oct 27th 2011. Service for oct 27th was not done due to technition stating he was there for noon, we were home until 1pm. he did not show. nov 1st 2011 was suppose to be a hook up, Telus sent out a tech from a different town when there were service tech in our town that could be there to help. He did NOT know what he was doing ( even told my fiance that) wasted our time. nov 2nd hooked up our home phone and internet worked for ONE night. Then on Nov 3rd everything STOP working, not sure why, but they screwed up and keep screwing up(even admitted it over the phone) then tells me i will have to wait another day (probably for them to screw up some more)I am pregnant. due any day and can not get in touch with fiance while im visiting the family. Also he cannot find work due to having to switch the phone number on resume twice from Telus's screw ups. WORST COMPANY ever. Recommended for stress and frusteration and not getting the jobs done.

Rosia Doucette Jun 15, 2011

Recently i have been charged over $17 from text messages received from Textchallengetriviagameservices and I am asking you to stop sending and charging me $2 per message immediately... Also i am asking you to for a refund for all the $2 fees charged on my phone since the beginning of June 2011... I have already called Telus Mobility and I have been advised to write to you immediately giving a code # 84040 and if i do not get a refund back or do get additional charged messages on my phone in the future... I am planning to take legal action against that Textchallengetriviagameservices website ...

So i am asking for a full refund of all the fees charged on my phone immediately totalling over $17.00 and want you to STOP charging me for those messages... I have never authorized you to do that so please do stop.

Sincerely,

Rosia Doucette

• Ay
    Ayshat Jun 13, 2011

I understand. i actually was very nice but they were sooo rude to me. I was very disappointed in the service i got. Believe it or not, we had 6 lines in the family with telus.. we all disconnect when our contracts are done. I was the only one that is disputing the charges cause i think it was not rightfully charged. I am a single mother and relay heavly on my credit and for a hundred bucks, TELUS really screwed me over. All i did was ask to speak to a manager. I paid what i thouht i owed them.. plus more. Just not the calls i made after 6 and the weekend. In order to keep my business, they could have asked a manager to call me and i would have probably stayed with them.

• Re
    RepTELUS Jun 11, 2011

I work for Loyalty and Retention for TELUS mobility and have come across such situations many a time. If a two parties decide to get into a contract you'd have to think about what's going to happen at the end of this contract. So for TELUS to give you a discount on a phone and free features that save you air time (minutes) and obviously money you agree to stay with TELUS for x amount of years. At the end of this contract your saved money isn't going to keep on going unless a new agreement is discussed. After explaining this if the customer is willing to work with us, we would be willing to work with them. We'd take half of the owner ship on say, this not being explained or asked about at the beginning of the agreement as long as the client is willing to accept half of the ownership. Now we do talk with a lot of good people and a lot of difficult people. And of course depending on the agent and how miserable they may be, we are all humans, a resolution can be made. I don't know how the calls went and what was said, but the nicer you are to people who can hand over money to you, the better.

• Ay
    Ayshat Jun 09, 2011

My contract with telus was over. and 1 month after my contract was done.. they took all the features off and started billing me for calls after 6pm... and they notified me that i should have been aware of that i would lose my evenings and weekends free option once my contract was done. I had no clue that thats how they had worked.. over a hundred dollars, they sent my file to collections.. i did pay the usage charges but left the 100 dollars for evenings and weekend usage for dispute.. NO MANAGER CALLED ME.. NO ONE CALLED AND THEY SENT MY FILE TO COLLECTIONS.. SO UPSET

• Da
    datdemdar May 11, 2011

Like everyone who recently got their Telus bill and was dismayed to find that the Internet price had been raised (even if it was $2 it's the point of the matter) that you can contact the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS) in Ottawa to file a complaint with them.

This morning I received a reply from the CCTS informing me that my 'complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with the Procedural Code'.

If enough people act upon this we may be able to turn around Telus' increase and put them in their place by honoring previous agreements they made with their customers.

The more complaints the better chance we have in quashing Telus' bogus increase to customers that they promised that the price would remain as is.

A number of months ago, I was having all sorts of Internet problems (very slow speed, signal drops) and had enough of Telus's service. I called to voice my displeasure and was told by their Rep who I spoke with that they would drop my Internet price and it would remain that same price for 'as long as I remained with Telus for Internet service'. I asked to verify 'No Increase?' and was told no increase.

Basically they lied to me.

• Fg
    F Gouwe May 03, 2011

I ordered the Internet Service back in December 2009 when I moved to apartment in Vancouver. First month I got my bill correct with no problem.From the second month until December 2010 (date I closed the account) they charged me with TELEPHONE - LAND LINE Service which I never have!! Never have home phone and never plug land line cable whatsoever. I called them millions times up to this date. And they never changed. Sometimes I got fed up and did not bother at all. But I know I have to straighten this up. Until one day the called me for overdue payment and I explained to the last person which the most cooperative staff so far I've been spoke with; and explained to him about what is going on. He seemed nice and he said he will forward this to the higher officer to figure out why I got charged for phone line. But until this day I never receive anything or heard anything back from TELUS besides e-bill statement that asking me to pay full amount that did not change and still have the phone line charges. Its insane! Not to mention the scream and yelled that I got from the phone owner that I try to phoned couples times to cooperate with me and ask if they receive bill for their phone line, cause I've been getting theirs...
    It's totally drain my energy and mind to figure things out.
    Please consider this before you sign up with TELUS. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. AND if TELUS staff read this. Please get this over with... aren't we have something else better to deal with in this life???!?? *sigh!*

• Pa
    Paul_28 May 01, 2011

My telus phone was destroyed by accident. My dog bite it off and it's irreparable. Then obviously, I had to start a new contract with Telus. I went to a boutique where they told me that all I would need to do is start a new contract zero fees with a brand new iphone 4. All I would need to do was pay the 200 dollars to start the new contract. I said I didn't have the money but I would try to get it and get back at them. I went to borrow the money from someone. When I got there on the same day they told me it was a mistake and I would have to pay the cancelation fee plus the 200 dollars. I told them I would have to get back at them or repair the phone. I called Telus that night and they told me I would only pay the cancelation fee and I could start a new contract with an iphone 4 for no extra fee. I thought ok then, fair enough. I said ok, can I do it over the phone. She said yes but I would have to use a credit card or do it at a store and the cancelation fee would go on the next bill. When I went to the store, they said there was no such thing, and that if I wanted the iphone 4, I would have to pay an extra 200 dollars. I was so tired, I told them "ok, I'll get the iphone 3 gs" which seemed like not so bad a good trade. So I called telus and told them about all the musinformation. They replied that the other agents did not know what they were talking about. I said "and what about the girl at the store that told me at first that I would have to pay nothing" and they replied that this boutique I went to was not a real telus store. I wondered why is there real telus stores and fake telus stores. So I went to a real telus store, and I had to pay 100 dollars for the new contract plus the cancelation fee. The girl at the store told me that everything should be as it was before. Well, she may have been a real telus store person, but it turned I had 30 messages before and now I had 3, so I called upset and they accepted to add another 7 to make 10. The story didn't end there, as the cancelation fee was still there, so I've been paying it ever since every month as much as I can to pay it off. This last month, I made a mistake with my bank transaction, and paid my insurance company instead of them. Well, it turned out that all of a sudden I lost signal and they say my account is restricted, and if I don't pay the full balance right away, they are going to terminate my account. I got a very, very rude agent on the phone. I asked him to appologise and he did, but only because he had to, and I'm really pissed off right now. I had to agree to pay 150 on the first and another 150 at the middle of the month and that would not restore the account until they received the whole thing and had to practically beg to them. I paid 200 dollars in march, 100 dollars in February, 200 in january, 389 in december 2010. It feels that all I've been paying since december is Telus!! I'm so fed up, I'm thinking of suing them!!! DOWN WITH TELUS!!!

• Te
    telussucks Apr 23, 2011

Telus only cares about one thing. Money! Not the customer. I got out of my contract without charge because of constant dropped calls, even though Telus said I would have to pay nearly $400 in early cancellation fee. I filed a complaint with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services. IT WORKS! Got an issue with Telus? Kick em to the curb!! File a complaint with the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services.

• Fe
    Fed Up With TELUS Apr 18, 2011

Even now ... years later ... NOTHING has changed. TELUS' customer service continues to be absolutely appalling. Try calling them !!! The "higher than average call volumes" they experience are ROUTINE. Telus is quite simply under-staffing their customer service /tech. support department because their current customers are NOT important to them. Watch their actions - don't listen to their [censor]. They are well aware they require customers to wait ... often for over an hour. They suggest for faster service we use their online tech. chat service. THAT wait is ALSO over an HOUR !!!

I am a tech. support guy who does a lot of work with elders who quite often require technical support. I am VERY pleased with the service provided by SHAW and I recommend my clients switch to a SHAW bundle with phone, internet and cable. I also assist them to contact Telus customer support, but in my hour-long appointments I have NEVER been able to get through to TELUS. It seems their attitude is ... "if you have a problem ... DON'T ask us. We don't have time to help you." Now, I simply assist ALL of my clients to switch. I do it for FREE. Bye Bye TELUS !!! It makes my customers VERY happy! Oh ... and thanks for the business TELUS. People have to pay me to get the support they already pay YOU for.

TELUS' recorded message SHOULD read: "We are experiencing a large number of calls for customer service / technical support. Your call is not important to us. Please call someone who cares and pay them for their help." WOOHOO TELUS !!!"

• Mr
    MR.GWH Feb 27, 2011

They have told me my $100.00 pay as you go card is only a $10.00 card, and asked that I fax a copy of the card, bothh sides, the receipt from walmart and the activation pin from walmart to get it straightened out, so I did my due diligence and faxed
    the info at my cost of course, and now the card is not valid, so I payed $100.00 they said it was worth only $10.00 and now that I faxed all the info, the card is now worth nothing, so 2 telus reps said it was only worth $10.00 now the third says it was worth nothing, what a bunch of thieves this corporation is, watch your back with TELUS !, I have had major problems with them for years, I don't know why I ever went back, I guess I thought they couldn, t screw up a pay and talk card, oh yes they
    can, I have more horror stories to tell and will not let up until I cost them at least a hundred customers, word of mouth internet, whatever it takes to protect the public from these crooks, people it is time to put your foot down and screw them right back, I am starting now, they can be beat down, there are many good providers, there service sucks and they are going down the tubes spread the word, this is just the beginning, , , , , ,

• Ge
    gerry h Jan 11, 2011

telus has terrible tech/service.i have had nothing but problems getting my lap top computer hook up wire less every time my router has failed. in the last 2 years my router has failed 3 times.each time i get a replacement from telus the above takes 3 or 4 trys/phone calls/of at least 1 hour in duration/talking to someone in a country i have necer heard od/or i get put on hold for so long i finally hang up.(30-60minutes). there is no way you can phone and talk to a real person(in canada)whos first language is english!!! this service is terrible, and getting worse every year.i have been a telus customer since 1967.there service has got worse every year.it is to the point were i think they dont know how to fix it. well here is to solution. have a real person answer the phone in the country they are calling from. yours truly...

• Ad
    adikoni Jan 05, 2011

They won't tell you due to liability.
    If someone steals your phone you might go and kill them and they would be liable.

get a new phone. or get an iPhone 4 it will tell you where it is.

BTW

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 15, 2010

Exactly as Anita said.

Robert Donovan Nov 15, 2010

My daughter lost her phone while running around the neighbourhood. So I call Telus who I know for a fact can find a phone within a dozen or so feet. But no they won't tell me. I am the account holder. Why not?

For the love of God Wind mobile come to Halifax to save me from these evil doers.

• Sn
    snowman6262009 Nov 08, 2010

I hate these guys. I signed up for high speed internet and the technician came over 2 weeks ago. right after that I noticed my internet constantly disconnects yet the lights on my modem remains on. I called them a dozen times in a span of about 1.5 weeks, every single day. a technician finally came, but did not fix it at all and the problems continue happening. the technician gave me his cell number to call him again if the problems continue, ok good. so I called him again, he said he'll run some tests for me and call me back. 3 days later no call back, nothing.

I went to live chat and was disconnected a gazillion times due to the internet problem I was having, so I tried calling them again. got passed around like a hot potato and wasted 100 minutes on my cellphone plan (fido) cause I got put on hold like a million times. finally a guy came on and I told him if he doesn't fix my internet by monday I'll cancel service and bring my business elsewhere (probably shaw). he said there's no need for that... just need to isolate the problem and fix it. so after like an hour of him telling me to reset the modem, restart my computer etc etc etc it still doesn't fix the problem. so he put me through to this lady in another province, and she was all like "i am 95% sure its the modem" and she said how first thing monday she'll call me and set me up for a new modem. she even said how she noted it on her calender and she'll call me first thing after she comes in on monday.

today is monday, 4pm. no call.
    I'm done with telus, they are so full of [censored]. and I'm not paying the $31 that they are charging me. my credit is already bad so I really have nothing to lose by not paying.

and another thing, their support are so f'king useless. I asked whether a phone jack extension cord would slow down the internet connection and one guy said no, and then asked another guy and he said for sure it will. ??? are they just guessing? and then I asked whether the problem is with the modem or not, first guy said no its with the network or a problem with my computer. then of course the last lady I spoke to said she was 95% sure it was the modem. unbelievable. their support and so called technicians are just as unreliable as their stupid internet. damn

• Zo
    Zonkers Nov 02, 2010

Our son had a two year contract with Telus beginning on June 17th of 2008. It is now November 2010 and we are still receiving his Telus bills here. I have tried a couple of times to call (and Telus has to have the VERY WORST MENU to get to customer service I have ever witnessed) to explain that our son is no longer a resident in this country and his contractual obligations are complete--as of June 17th 2010. They insist that unless I have his P.I.N. (which he has long forgotten) he will have to call them. I have tried to explain that that will not happen and I am only trying to save them the expense of billing. I also challenged them to try and collect or threaten court action. I believe the court would accept the signed, dated contract that there was no obligation on our son's behalf after June of 2010 (He did pay a bill of 165.00 for July and August of 2010 before his departure). In my last call to someone named "Eric" at Telus I explained that as far as I was concerned they could remove him or from here on I will simply return the bills to them unopened.
    This has to be the most unprofessional and unresponsive telecommunications experience I have ever had and I welcome competition for these laclustre and annoying companies like Telus.
    I am deeply appreciative that I do not (nor will I ever) deal with Telus. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have no concept of providing customer service.

• Ak
    Akka Oct 27, 2010

Several weeks ago, I decided to switch to Shaw after many years of being an unhappy Telus customer. Upon cancelling my service, I was surprised to learn that I would be charged a $120 fee for breaking my contract even though my contract should have expired several months prior.

Let me explain...

I entered my most recent three-year contract with Telus in spring 2006. In February 2010, soon after a Telus agent "tweaked" my service to save me about a dollar a month, I received a friendly letter from Telus thanking me for locking in to a new three-year term.

I called customer service, where a friendly female agent insisted she didn't know why a new contract would have been initiated. She assured me she'd remove the three-year obligation from my account.

Imagine my frustration when I was suddenly charged $120 for breaking a contract that I was assured didn't exist!

Several calls to customer service went nowhere. Neither did my first chat with a agent in "Loyalty and Retention."

But it was my second call to L&R that truly revealed how little Telus respected me as a customer.

After reviewing "every phone call I'd ever made to Telus, " the gentleman stated matter-of-factly that there was no record of the call I'd made to protest the new contract. He did, however, see quite clearly that I'd entered a three-year contract in February and would have been told so at the time (I wasn't).

It seemed convenient, I replied, that the only phone call he couldn't find on my extensive file was the one that would corroborate my story. He said nothing. I expressed my frustration and asked if he was basically saying, "Telus wins and you lose." His reply? "Well, I wouldn't use those exact words. But . . ."

I sent a letter to CEO Darren Entiwstle and to Telus customer service. No replies from either. Then, the other day, I received a letter form a collections agency. Nice.

At Telus, the future may be friendly but they sure as heck ain't

• Gu
    Guest User Oct 17, 2010

I have been a long time customer of Telus Mobility. I had a great plan on my phone but of course if I wanted to update my phone I had to change my plan. I was willing to do this for one reason only. I was offered a great plan at a great price. Well I guess if it's sounds to good to be true it must be.
    The new plan I was offered was thru customer loyalty and retention because customer care couldn't help me. My old plan included unlimited internet which Telus doesn't offer anymore. Well the new offer was 6 gigs of data along with a variety of other add ons for less then a 100.00 dollars per month.
    I went in yesterday to buy a new phone, these phones were on back order and couldn't be purchased before then. I purchased the HTC Desire. Well first they didn't want to give me the 6 gigs because the offer expired but after telling them to just forget the sale and my signing a new contract they decided to give it to me. This took about an hour. Then I was quoted a price for everything offered in the new plan of 89.36/mth. Well after the papers are signed and the phone transfer complete they are charging me 125.00/mth for the same services I was quoted at a lower price. Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt going in the customer's favor. Whatever happened to standing behind your word. I am not impressed with the service. And even after talking with Loyalty and Retention they are saying that's not what they said or maybe I just picked a price. Well I didn't pick a price it was quoted to me from a loyalty service rep.

Posted By: Karma69

• Ka
    Karma69 Oct 15, 2010

• Wa
    Wafa123 Sep 24, 2010

umm i dont get all my texts! and sometimes i only get half when its a really long message and picture messages dont get to me no more when they used to come in fine! i dont understand whats going on

• Gl
    Glen L Aug 18, 2010

An Open Letter to Telus Mobility July 11, 2010

TELUS Mobility Client Care
    200 Consilium Place, Suite 1600
    Scarborough, Ontario
    M1H 3J3

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for choosing to spend so much on advertising rather than worrying about a silly thing like taking care of your long term clients. We began using the services of TELUS Mobility back in 2003 and have worked our way up to spending approximately $10, 000 per year with you good folks.

When we ran into a small issue with our mail not reaching us, your rock solid team of professionals were right on top of the issue. Why with the skill and smarts of a rock, they sent one text message (that never arrived) to a phone that has been replaced 3 times for not working properly (and is still on record as not working properly) then cancelled the number. The only reason I am aware of said text message is because one of your finely trained personnel informed me of it to show how on top of customer communications your organization is…. Interesting word “communications”…. I believe it means to communicate with or converse… which requires actual contact with said individual with whom communication is to take place…. I guess that is why you dropped the word from your companies marketing, leaving it as just TELUS or TELUS Mobility…. Honesty in advertising there, I have to admit.
    I find it interesting that after all the years that I had my services with your wonderful organization (legends in your own minds… if you ask me) according to your fantastic TV commercials, that you don’t respect your customers enough to make a simple phone call to find out what is up… see if there is something wrong that could be corrected to save this business relationship… I understand when you are talking about the billions of dollars that your company earns, a measly $10, 000 is a mere drop in the bucket and not worth a phone call to try to maintain.

Then, to top it off, you then sent the file to collections even though I was making payments on an account that I was still not receiving statements for.

Hmmmmmm, well, I am too stupid to know about sending issues like this off to authorities like the CRTC…. However, I have discovered that when I explain what happened and the excellent customer service skills by the good folks at TELUS and TELUS Mobility, people are tending to listen to me and cancelling their services also. Personally, since this whole situation started with your quality organization back in March, I’d say that we have managed to arrange moving over $70, 000 in cellular and telephone business away to providers such as Shaw, Fido and Rogers…

I would like to wish you good folks all the best in your endeavors … may the gods of poor service continue their work in moving good clients away from your organization… until such time as you begin your financial downfall.

By the Way, Funny story, when the collections company received the paperwork, their first action was a telephone call… we were not available, they left a message and we called them back…. Another Hmmmm, now the bill is to be paid through them instead of directly to you… and you now pay their fees too…. Must be nice to have so much money that it doesn’t matter how much you waste!

Sincerely wishing you all the best!

Glen L
    Former long term customer
    Former cell number 250-xxx-3243

PS Remember that it costs approximately 10 times the money to get a new client than it takes to keep an existing client! But, since money is not a concern to an organization such as yours… Advertise your hearts out…

• Un
    unhappy telus person Aug 06, 2010

I went to TELUS today because my battery on my blackberry was always dying..they tried to suck me in into a 3 yr contract AGAIN!..I opted to buy another battery, when i left i discovered that I wasnt having batter problems but it was the phone itself..I called the store right away advising them of this and that I would be returning the battery...when I went back they threw my old battery out and refused to provide a loaner until I figured out which phone I wanted..

The service with TELUS SUCKS..I'll be going back to Bell after a few months!..i highly recommend people to go elsewhere

• Bi
    Billy Shardlow Aug 06, 2010

On July 9th my wife and I went to our Mobility [Telus Apex] agent in coquitlam B.C., and said we wanted a new phone as the one they sold me for christmas present, had been in for repairs 4 times. My agent John said he would phone in to Telus to arrainge it. At 2pm on July he made the call. A guy named Nicolus on the other end, said that John Hadden called Customer loyalty, until now, and put arepair tracter on the repair. John said We use Future Tel. So Nicolus said, U did it wrong and it doesn, t show on my screen, so I can, t help the telus customer. So John got mad and after 45 minutes, on the phone, Nicolus said, Well I can help you if they take another 3yr., contract?? John told Nicolus, that was not the way to treat SENIORS, or 15yr., customers. Nicolus said take it or leave it?? Ithink that is the poorest service, I, ve ever Had. Itold them the most I should have is a 2yr., contract.Its Bad to ROB SENIORS, Bill &Maureen acc.#[protected]