Sam's ClubI am banned from buying fresh produce ever again from sam's club

On June 23, I went to Sam's club to buy chicken breasts (fresh produce). Next day, I found out I bought chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts.

I went to Sam's club's customer service to exchange it. First lady I talked to said they can't return fresh produces. I asked for a written policy where it states it. She gets the manager instead.

The manager tells me that they don't have a written policy stating that I can't return fresh produces but I still can't return it. He also adds that they will have a loss if they accept the return because they can't resell it. I told him, three years ago I exchanged a fresh meat for similar reasons and no one said anything. I point out a sign that is behind him that says "100% customer's satisfactory in merchandise returns". He then says he will accept the return but I will get flagged so that everyone on the account will be banned from buying any fresh meat. He says he has the power to flag anyone necessary.

I chose the return and so now I am banned from buying fresh produce ever again from Sam's club. I'm debating if I should stop going to Sam's club. I've been a loyal customer who has been shopping there for 8+ years and who spends $200 a week there.

• Af
    afcalt Mar 09, 2010

Wow - I would NEVER go back. They are willing to lose a customer like that for$10 worth of chicken???

• Don'tBeAMoron Sep 05, 2010

Dear [censor],

How are they going to ban you from buying produce? A membership can't be "flagged" to prevent you from buying something. However, when you abuse a return policy, which I'm sure you've never EVER done in the past, you become a mere aggravation to the waitstaff that is required to put up with your [censor] and be nice to you. By the way, chicken breasts do not resemble chicken thighs in appearance or spelling. If you can't read what you are buying, please save them the trouble of dealing with the return caused by your stupidity. Let it be a lesson to you, and absorb the cost. Next time, it will serve as a reminder, and you will likely understand there are ramifications to your idiocy. To have a "flag" in the system, you must be documented to have abused the return policy numerous times, and even then, it is a deterrent to returning merchandise, not purchasing it. Please don't be discouraged by your illiteracy and lack of social aptitude. Sam's Club is a great place to shop, and they have the best return policy in the business! Just try to keep your own failures to a minimum and you should see an immediate improvement in customer service!

Sincerely,

Every customer service associate who has ever lived.

• Je
    jeffdharlan Sep 21, 2010

See attached.

Comments

annaxmarie Oct 01, 2013

Chicken is not produce, its poultry aka meat department... Produce is fruits and vegetables...
    -Person with common sense...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices