Menu
M
Author of the complaint
1:12 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently booked a vacation package through sam's club travel. I attempted to cancel my hotel reservation way in advance, which was two months before my departure date. I was told by two reps. that I would BE ABLE to CANCEL the hotel with a $25 penalty fee and WITHOUT canceling the airfare. However, when I called back to officially cancel the hotel, I was told that I would be unable to cancel the hotel without voiding the entire package. In addition, I would accrue the penalty fees-$225 and loose the $100 gift certificate that I used for this vaca. package! I spoke to five different reps. including three supervisors who were inefficient, rude, disrespectful and extremely poor customer care skills. I was told that there was nothing that they could do to help me(customer). They would simply cancel the entire vacation package and as a result I would loose my $100 certificate and pay the penalty fees despite being misinformed and the lack of training by these reps. In addition, in trying to solve this matter, I was placed on hold for an extended period of time. I was also informed that I would be receiving a call from upper management to resolve the issue. As of today, I have not received any phone calls from management. I will definitely NOT recommend my relatives and friend to book their vaca. packages with sam's club travel! I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied in the manner that I was treated. I will NOT be using sam's club travel in the future!

More Sam's Club complaints & reviews

Sam's Club - plus card membership
Sam's Club - do not purchase jewelry there
Sam's Club - beware of sam's club computer warranty
Sam's Club - scam artist
3 comments
R
Apr 13, 2022 10:28 am EDT

I cannot see where this is adding value for Sams. Its to the point where i will consider just using Costco going forward. Even though the Package and order stated Rate Type -= Refundable, no refund will be given. This is for a July 2022 Ceasars Palace Stay and I cancelled same day (April 12). Tickets at Work (Sams provider) is about as corrupt as they come and do not care.

P
Jan 21, 2022 9:52 pm EST

I'm shocked and stunned! I was looking at property in Belize and I saw some in Placencia that I was planning to go down to look at potentially buying. I was actually going to rent a property to go and look at the 3 or 4 that I was interested to see. The property I was going to rent is on the beach and shows $400/wk to rent it directly from the owners, and it's $441 per day to rent from Sam's Travel? Something is not right here! I would never use Sam's for travel after seeing that they are such Charlatans! Holy Cow!

J
Feb 09, 2020 1:45 pm EST

RESORT FEES NOT DISCLOSED. It's buried in their fine print or so their contractor claims and It is NOT included in the confirmation detail for the stay. Further, in the confirmation for the reservation there is nothing referring you back to their website to review additional policies etc. Sams vacation is run by a contractor Entertainment Benefits Group, LLC. This hotel was in the Orlando Fl area and as such can charge what ever fees they want.

The customer care exhibited by the contractor means that I will probably not be back.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

721 complaints