Sam's Club Travelstay away

M Review updated:

I recently booked a vacation package through sam's club travel. I attempted to cancel my hotel reservation way in advance, which was two months before my departure date. I was told by two reps. that I would BE ABLE to CANCEL the hotel with a $25 penalty fee and WITHOUT canceling the airfare. However, when I called back to officially cancel the hotel, I was told that I would be unable to cancel the hotel without voiding the entire package. In addition, I would accrue the penalty fees-$225 and loose the $100 gift certificate that I used for this vaca. package! I spoke to five different reps. including three supervisors who were inefficient, rude, disrespectful and extremely poor customer care skills. I was told that there was nothing that they could do to help me(customer). They would simply cancel the entire vacation package and as a result I would loose my $100 certificate and pay the penalty fees despite being misinformed and the lack of training by these reps. In addition, in trying to solve this matter, I was placed on hold for an extended period of time. I was also informed that I would be receiving a call from upper management to resolve the issue. As of today, I have not received any phone calls from management. I will definitely NOT recommend my relatives and friend to book their vaca. packages with sam's club travel! I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied in the manner that I was treated. I will NOT be using sam's club travel in the future!

Jon Clarke Feb 09, 2020

RESORT FEES NOT DISCLOSED. It's buried in their fine print or so their contractor claims and It is NOT included in the confirmation detail for the stay. Further, in the confirmation for the reservation there is nothing referring you back to their website to review additional policies etc. Sams vacation is run by a contractor Entertainment Benefits Group, LLC. This hotel was in the Orlando Fl area and as such can charge what ever fees they want.

The customer care exhibited by the contractor means that I will probably not be back.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices