Menu
McDonald's
reviews & complaints

McDonald's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2285 complaints
399 resolved 1886 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of McDonald's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
5:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was ordering via drive through. I wasn't paying attention the bag I was handed with the cookie inside, I thought nothing of it. I set it down on the seat next to me and drove home. When I finally sat down to eat it the bag was stained with what looks like coffee and the bag is all crinkled up...my cookie tasted weird and stale and I was not pleased with this.

I
4:59 pm EDT

McDonald's - big mac size

i don't usually eat mcdonalds very often but when i ordered a big mac yesterday at charlestown square store i was shocked at how they had shrunk in size from the original size when they first came out (at least then it was a meal and now they are snack size ) .
i know that you have bought out the larger version of the big mac (i think it was called the grand big mac or something similar ) but since that came out its almost like the original big mac has shrunk in size .
its almost like it was a diversionary tactic ...bring out the larger big mac, shrink the original one and when you take the big one away maybe people wont notice that the original has shunk.
and for the price you pay for a big mac it is a bit of a rip off (getting less for for more)

R
2:02 pm EDT

McDonald's - breakfast burrito

Ordered a burrito off the dollar menu this morning and got charged $1.29 plus tax. Pointed out to the manager it said $1 on the menu. She said the price went up last Tuesday but the main office had not changed the price. Talk about bait and switch! I called the corporate number for McDonald's and got promised a call back from the owners. 8 hours later and still no call. Bet the Better Business Bureau and District Attorney Office will listen.

9:54 pm EDT

McDonald's - chicken nuggets

I purchased a 6 piece nugget for my 1yr old daughter, bit into one, and nearly choked on a large hunk of plastic in the nugget. I took a photo. Had I not bitten into it before giving to my daughter, she could have choked on it. This occurred at approximately 6:30pm on Aug 16, 2018 at the McDonald's in Westminster, MD. I am requesting at least to be reimbursed for our meal (nuggets, fries, drink, cheeseburger), or some type of compensation.

E
4:43 pm EDT

McDonald's - meal packages

My boyfriend I went to Mcdonald's today for lunch. We ordered 2 20 piece mcnugget meals. When it arrived, there were no fries. The manager told us that the mcnuggets do not come with fries. Which is a crock and rip off. We had to pay an additional $6.48 for 2 large fries. so $11.91 plus $6.48 for a meal. plus the fries were cold...too many pre cooked< I saw at least 6 pre cooked and boxed on the rack . we thru them away and left we were so discussed with this store and manager. .
We are not happy and the receipt is so faded we can not read the code to redeem for our coupons...We will not go to that Mcdonald's again I told them corp would hear about this !
aug 16 2018 12:09 pm Rancho Cordova ca # 4929
sunrise blvd order # 241 & 248
Eileen MacDonald

B
8:20 pm EDT

McDonald's - dry food, nothing but dry food, why?

Every item on their menu is dry. They put any juice or condiment, ketchup or special sause in the MIDDLE of the burger. It is as if they were told "pretend like their is a magic half dollar on everything you make and only place the liquids there and nowhere else'.

The only thing not dry is SODA or SHAKES and those are highway ransom prices. The per oz price of SODA is crazy. It comes out to being about $12 per 2 liter of soda.

They make things dry on purpose to sell expensive sodas. I've befriended managers in different restaurants and this is what they have told me. The big profit items are FRIES and DRINKS... Look it up or ask around.

V
8:04 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the McDonald's drive through located at 1809 SE Blue Parkway Lee's Summit MO Restaurant #15732 on Saturday at 9:15 and ordered an Egg McMuffin meal but there was no egg on the sandwich. I did not discover this until I arrived at my destination several miles away. Needless to say I was very upset. I have contacted the store and asked that they send...

11:08 pm EDT

McDonald's - drive thru

I dont think I have ever wrote a compliant about a business let alone a fast food restaurant but this is around the 4-5 time I have had some sort of an issue at this particular McDonalds, I sometimes work late so its convenient to stop on way home, but employees are very rude here which I try to understand dealing with people all day/night but now it seems almost every other time I stop there there is an issue . Tonight waiting at the drive thru when a lady walks up in front of my vehicle and stops at the drive thru window and starts shooting the breeze with an employee for approx 12 minutes!, I'm patient but after I figured they weren't talking about an order and lady was laughing and I asked twice before can I pull up and get my food, tried to be nice until there was cars behind me beeping so I told the lady she needed to move so I could get my food, I finally got my food with no apology from employee and food was cold .

K
6:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Kevin Carlton Concerning McDonald's Dine-In Restaurant at 686 6th Avenue, New York, NY 10010. I have been a regular customer of McDonald's in New York City and abroad for many years. On Thursday, August 09th, 2018, at approximately 04:15 PM, the manager there called the police and lied to them, stating that I was trying to jump over the counter and asked...

2:27 pm EDT

McDonald's - children's play places

Hi, I should've took pictures. However, I take my nephew and grandkids to these play places. They are filthy and always ridden with leftover food and trash. The only reason that I even take them back is because THEY want to go. I always hope that your employees would take more time to keep these areas cleaner. If you're to offer this type of place for kids, it should cleaner than what I've seen. If things don't improve I will contact the health department.

12:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Me and my co worker went to our local mcdonalds (absecon nj) on our break and both order this new burger. Not only did we wait practically are entire break after we got back to our office we realized the fries were soggy and the burgers were cold and by that time i had no time to call because i wasted my break waiting on my cold, soggy food what a...

M
2:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I visited the McDonalds in Grantsboro, NC And I ordered a quarter pounder meal. The bread was hard and the meat was very dry. I didn't have time to return to the store so I could talk the the manager on duty. The lunch menu was not turned around so the customers could see what they were odering. The young lady that was taking the order was not friendly and you have to be friendly to work with the puublic.

M
12:51 pm EDT

McDonald's - Ice coffee

Good afternoon,

This afternoon after church mu husband and I decided to gp to McDonald's on 105 and St.Clair in Cleveland Ohio. We ordered two vanilla sugar free ice coffees. We both notice that there was a lot of white cream at the bottom of our coffees...The coffee was very SWEET we request sugar free for a purpose and reason. I have never ever had a bad vanilla sugar free ice coffee before from any of your locations which I mainly order from the one in East Lake on Vine Street or in Willoughby were it is made to perfection! I got everyone drinking those in my family. TODAY for the first time ever I had throw my ice coffee away it was terrible. Toooooo sweet. You all need to show the crew on 105 St. CLAIR IN CLEVELAND OHIO how to properly make SUGAR FREE vanilla ice coffee.

T
7:31 pm EDT

McDonald's - service

When i went to the restaraunt on andressen in vancouver washington the lady that took my order was very rude to me and my girl friend it was very embarrassing to have her be as rude as she was. My eyes are not as good as they used to be and i informed her i couldnt see and asked if she could help me when she replied with its not my job to read the menu to me and that she was very busy and asked for the next person in line. I have been eating at mcdonalds my whole life and never have i been treated so badly. My girl friend ended up leaving inbarresed by me because my eyes were so bad. I cant belive that it happend. Please make shure it never happens again thank you. And we never did get our order.

R
2:45 pm EDT

McDonald's - work is not doing their job

Today is Saturday August 11th Im at my local McDonald's and Adam's mass you got a couple workers and their on their cell phones taking pictures of customers not doing their job the usen bad language swear in and you got a couple workers wearing blue shirts not doing their job talking to the coworkers about random stuff taken pictures and not or get ordered right

Update by Ruben Fisher
Aug 11, 2018 2:46 pm EDT

5:03 pm EDT

McDonald's - store manager

The store manager, I believe her name is Polly? is the rudest lady I have ever encountered. I bring my children into this establishment and all we hear in the background is her yelling at her employees for no reason and throwing objects. Anytime I ask for the store manager, she never around. She stays hidden in the office all day while her staff works their butts off. She complains about everyone in the store, yet does nothing to ensure proper procedures or satisfaction within the store. I have no complaints towards the food or the service, however, Polly is the most unprofessional manager I have ever seen. The store is 3 W Veterans Pky 60560

A
10:39 am EDT

McDonald's - product and service

Dears,

Dissatisfaction of services and quality of food in Canada

Hello, this is Arman, A professor of Business and Management and a tourist in Canada. I went to McDonald's branch in Montreal, noterdam street. unfortunately, unbelievably, I found everything in chaos, there was run out of saus, drink no body was responsible, depart in which the sause and drink were delivered was dirty, we could find no lid for glass and the quality of drinks really low and the flavour of drinks were substituted. Even the quality of the meals was really low. When we asked staff, they didn't improve that situation. There are some video, pictures of this experience I attached to this email. I always use the case of Mcdonald in courses I teach but I am regretful.

Best Regards
Arman Ahmadizad, PhD

Assistant Professor in Business and Management

G
3:12 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

contact no [protected] date :9 august 2018 we went to this branch which was so pathetic .we ordered a large menu and when the menu came i was a shame . the menu was served earlier than do the drinks .and the drinks did not come our whole meal was finished and then even at that time drinks were not served moreover no tissues were supplied AND we went...

7:14 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Earlier today I attended McDonald's La Vista Rd Store in the metro Atlanta area to purchase a snack (order #146 at store 1279 earlier August 8, 2019.) It was my intention to dine in, however, the temperature of the Store was uncomfortably hot. I noticed a fan behind the cashier's area. That confirmed that the air conditioning unit was not in proper...

T
8:23 am EDT

McDonald's - mobile app “deals”

The mobile app for McDonald's as a "deal "where if you buy one breakfast sandwich you get another one for one cent. I order two sausage and egg biscuits which The mobile app for McDonald's as a "deal "where if you buy one breakfast sandwich you get another one for one cent. I order two sausage and egg biscuits which are Normally $1.99 each. When I get to the window they tell me the deal only applies to the large biscuits that are four dollars each or more. There's nothing on the app that specifies that exclud normally $1.99 each. When I get to the window they tell me the deal only applies to the large biscuits that are four dollars each or more. There's nothing on the app that specifies it Excludes the egg and cheese biscuit and there's nothing on the drive through menu to say that the egg and cheese biscuit is on the daily value menu. This makes no sense. They wanted to charge me four dollars for the tube egg and chees excludes the egg and cheese biscuit and there's nothing on the drive through menu to say that egg and cheese biscuit is on the daily value menu. This makes no sense. They wanted to charge me four dollars for the two egg and cheese biscuits but for $.30 more I could've gotten two bacon egg and cheese biscuits since the "deal" would have applied. Anyway you do the math McDonald's would not be making or losing any money by having the deal apply to the egg and cheese biscuits. As it was, I wound up with only one egg and cheese biscuit, which I would not of ordered if I knew the deal didn't reply. I'd have gotten two breakfast burritos for two dollars instead. Then when I try to call McDonald's 800 number they put me on hold with some automated machine. Apparently the 800 number is not available 24 hours a day though they do not tell you that. Plus the 800 number has the absurd option of asking if you want to make suggestions, and then when you say yes it tells you they can't except any suggestions. I wanted to tell them to fix the freaking problem on their mobile app "Deals" So that other customers would experience the same problems I did. I went to the restaurant at six in the morning for breakfast, and instead wound up with a snack because of their lack of clarity.

McDonald's contacts