Complaints & Reviews

value for money poor service

22058 I always buy this in Bela Bela when working away from home. Wanted to treat my wife to a delicious meal. What a mager disappointment. This is not value for money. Really R187.90...

Steers Randfontein — product chicken wacky wednesday

I bought a chicken wacky wednesday and a beef one. The beef patty was not flame grilled enough and the garnish was 1 peace lettuce and 1 peace tomato. The chicken was the worse...

The food

Good morning

I have been a loyal client to Steers for as long as I can remember. Purely because you make the best takeaway chips. I've always enjoyed eating Steers above all other fast food.

That however has completely changed after last night. We bought 3 Wacky Wednesday meals and 2 large chips. This was at your branch located opposite Cape Gate mall in Cape Town. My eldest daughter decided to eat her burger late the evening while the rest of my family finished ours.

My eldest not being fond of garnish normally removes it all before eating her burger. To our astonishment the attached is what she found. A half-eaten burger patty. I mean how the hell man. To be honest this is utterly gross and nauseating to say the least and I know you would agree. The problem is that I don't know if the rest of the burgers were in the same state as I TRUST (or rather used to) that what I receive from Steers is quality. Hence me being a client for years.

I'm still sick to my stomach because of this and the culprit NEEDS to be fired in my opinion. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for such a grotesque and horrendous act. I honestly have a good mind and take this the social media route on this one as I'm still flabbergasted by this alarming discovery.

I'm hoping to heard from you.

Shaun Groenewald

Sanlam GTI GSA
Operations Manager
[protected]

The food

service

I tried making an online order which took ages to process then was directed to a live chat where they requested my number to contact me but no one called. When i tried calling, it just rang to no answer. This is the second time im facing problems. Another time i made an online order and paid for it online but when i sent someone to collect it the staff had thrown my slip away and the order was not ready. Rather close online ordering cause its no use to us customers

burger with a worm

On the 24th of December 2019 I bought a King Steer Burger at Steers in Idutywa in total garage. time was around 21h00. I was driving home, i took a bite on my way but realised...

sweet sticks

I purchased 12 Sweets Sticks with my hamburger. When I got home I found over fried sweet sticks that one could smell they were burnt. I was totally disgusted and we could not eat...

Dear Customer Service,

Kindly be adivsed that i have orderd a Big Bacon Buger meal with River Side Mall Branch at 1h30 till now i havent received my order when i call them to do my follow up because i was starving to death they told me that the coll-center gave them wrong detail i gave the the correct one and my correct name they keept on calling me to reapt the same thing i have told them also the delivery guy asked me the same question i am very dissapoitned with a service i have received.

Thank you .

Kind Regards
Mabidi.A
Cell [protected] email [protected]@yahoo.com

service

i ordered a cheese burger and double pork rack meal.i was told it would take 25 min.other customers came and gone.i waited an hour plus for my meal.today is the 10th of january 2020.my order number was 4646.i ordered from uitenhage branch penford.i almost wanted to ask my money back for waiting so long.i was furious.now i dont want simple apologies from head office.i want to know what steers are gona do for waisting my time.i could have ordered 20 pizzas from debonairs and got it quicker than waiting for 2 items from steers.my email address is [protected]@gmail.com if ur bosses wana contact me.

• Updated by Anonymous ZA · Jan 10, 2020

I ordered a cheese burger and a double pork rack.I waited an hour for my food.custormers came and left, while i was sitting there.I was buying from uitenhage store penford.date is 10 january 2020.my order number was 4646.i was about to ask for my money back, thats how furious i was.i dont want a simple apology or shit like that .what are steers gona do to reimburse me for time waisted? if im not satisfied with ur solution i will advertise ur poor performance on all social media platforms.really, waiting an hour for my food after i was told it would take 25 min?

• Updated by Anonymous ZA · Jan 10, 2020

u guys must remember, if we get ur shit free, its a different story, but we pay for service and our food we order.u give us shit to eat and poor service, then we give u kak money.yet we have to pay before we get our food.so ur making money and we have to be satisfied with poor service and food? bullshit.get ur act together or get out.

• Updated by Anonymous ZA · Jan 10, 2020

and if u dont give me a proper solution i will go to social media.

bacon, cheese and tomato toasted sandwich

Firstly. You're probably the only company that doesnt give a drink with a meal. I just paid R50.90 for a sandwich with 2 slices of tomato one peice of bacon and one slice of cheese and a handful of chips. To that standard you could prepare meals for 10 customers. Then the drink R17.90 for a can of coke. I can almost buy a 2liter at Spar. You should be ashamed. How do you sleep at night when you rob people like this daily. I used to be a happy customer. But at this stage you have zero standards anymore. You're meals have become samples and you over charge without batting an eye. Do you want to become rich with one customer. Shame on you. SA is going through a tough time. Then companies like you rob people without shame. Either you should become more affordable or you should give us the million dollar toasted sarmie you charge for. Even the picture on the menu looks more inviting than the product you serve. Shame on you!!! My number is [protected] my alternative number is [protected].

rave burger

Company: Steers, Stikland (Bellville, CPT)
Product: Snack Rave Burgers
Date: 15 Dec 2019 (Sunday)

Details/Incident:
I bought x2 Rave Snack Burgers at the above-mentioned Steers & when I got home, it looked like that (see attached image). I always bought these ones or the bigger ones at Steers, so I have a pretty good idea of what they should look like, but this, this was pathethic, daylight robbery! Clearly the flame-grilled burger was cut through, I cant even say in half because thats not even half of it-im disgusted & I never experienced or expected this.

I am proceeding to go to the branch in person, to request a refund because I am not paying for whatever you call that so-called flame-grilled patty!

{PLS CHECK YOUR ORDER(S) IN STORE B4 YOU LEAVE ANY RESTAURANT!}

GH

rave burger

complaints

I recently again after the 4th attempt went to steers in Rustenburg, Magalies view everyone I go there especially after 7, looking to order the Chicken meal. The guy will always tell us that there is no Chicken in store, and one replying from the kitchen that it's late and they have already switched of the oven and it's home time. Such poor service.

the food and service

I purchased the R 144 share meal and I just opened the box now and the burger is way below what I expected, in general the service is very poor as there is not enough staff to ensure your customer gets what they want I am not satisfied at all for the price paid for the quality recieved.

Is this how steers expects to do business then I will call the Gauteng health department to do an inspection on that premise, really bad experience and below standard service and sub standard food

product portion

My favourite remains the Chicken Burger Meal. I have being ranting that the Steers Chicken for the past 20 years or more as the best tasting Chicken Burger and value for money.
The recent downsizing over the past couple of years of the bun and chicken portion has downscaled to a size that is no longer value for money nor appetizing. Before it would stop the hunger, now it does not even 'plug' the stomach.
As far as the chips, they remain the best still.
I'm rather disappointed and this will definitely shift me to consider alternative Franchise offers for a better offering for the price I have to pay.

Regards

Robby
=

product complaint

Ordered good on line when the driver got here he did not have the correct change on opening our food er found the chips we had ordered as extras where burnt we phoned to complain the driver then went back and brought us apparently fresh chips which where exactly the same as the first ones
No chip seasoning, just old oily burnt chips
My contact details are
Gary [protected]

product complaint

bad customer service

I bought 3 wacky Wednesday on 30 October 2019. I phone in to steers saxby and Calafornia told me she will replace them the following week. I phone in and spoke to her on Wednesday 6 November 2019, and now she said she is only going to replace one wacky wednesday. I paid for 3 and all 3 buns was so hard that you can kill someone. Food is getting expenses and when you buy take ways, you want quality.

poor service

at 10h15 am today I called steers Braamfontein on [protected] and placed and order, they said in 45 minutes time I will get a delivery I confirmed the delivery address and was told my order is R197, after 2 hours my order did not arrive, I called back I was told they will call me back, after 15 minutes no call I called back I was told they still investigating my order, I called again they put me through to the guy who said he is the manager he said the same thing, he hasn't called me back by now, extremely poor service I will never order food with steers, do they ever consider and think that I use airtime to contact their shop? where do I get that airtime to call them 6 times and they don't return my calls even when I confirmed my cellphone number 6 times to them? its now 4 hours I did I follow up with them and no one has come back to me. what did they say the R197 is for? why didn't thy tell me straight hat they wont send my food so I seek alternative. I am so disgusted and pissed...my cell no is [protected]

On Wednesday 30.10.2019

I place a ONLINE order with Steers

See attached proof

Order was received by the store at 16h05
Upon my arrival at 16h15 the store still didn't start to prepare my order

At 16h29 I paid my order and only received my food at 16h40

This is Unacceptable, there it a reason why I use online and then get this poor service from Steers Total Standerton
Total Service Station, 45 Walter Sisulu drive Standerton

delivery

a delivery order was placed at 18:52 at vaal mall and still at 20:33 food has not delivered. 4 cheese burgers n 600g rack of ribs was ordered???
no feedback from the store to say it will be late. called twice first at 18:45 and told to wait another half hour for food because of wacky Wednesday n called at 20:20 and still food was not out and told drive on the way

service of steers

its the second time im waiting for more than two hours for my food.this is getting worse every time now.this is getting un acceptable.ill go to the media with this just to let them know how much steers went down with deliverance to costomer service.this cant go on.im not the first perskn to complain about this and if you get your food it is so cold to eat.i will not pay again for cold food from steers

services

22058 Hi good day. I was on the 30 Oktober 2019 I was order my food. As the cashier was rude and she is always like that. As I order the board said 2x slices of cheese R5. 00 and under...

2 x cheesy bacon king steer meal

Good day I order 2 x Cheesy Bacon King Steer meals last night with the online App at the Bothasig branch. I took the top up colddrink and were charge an extra R11 per combo...

[Resolved] lies

I made an online order around 17:00 PM from Steers Pan Africa Junction Shopping Center and they sent both a text message and an email that it has been accepted. It is now 19:30 PM and there has been no communication no nothing. When i called this number [protected] (30 mins back) to ask whats going on, the lady said the driver had left 10 minutes ago.. which was a lie because i live close to the place. Second call she told me she'll speak to the manager and they'll call the driver to find out where he is. Third call i spoke to the manager and she gave me stories that didn't answer any of my questions. I asked for her name and she said it was Zisitetheli if that's even right or she was just lying! luckily after the call the delivery guy came through but he told me the first delivery guy got lost so they had to make another order and send him. Why couldn't the lady just tell me the truth when i first called or the second time? I'm very disappointed in Steers Pan Africa. It was my first time ordering from this place and i never will again.

• Resolution Statement

The restaurant called and apologized.

undelivered

I placed an online order at 12h38. Load shedding started 13h10. No one phoned to say they won't deliver. I had to phone 6 times before I got an answer. Then they wanted to deliver 15h30. This was at Steers Eldoraigne. It literally takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete an order. They have no excuse. Pathetic

i'm complaining about the pathetic service received at steers volksrust

Counter order #46 dated 28/09/19

I'd like to complain about the unfriendliness of staff at Volksrust Steers
This was after a bad service received from Fishaways so now I'm sure if this is the norm that they don't greet & don't even bother to ask wherether your order is a take away or sit in...at other provinces they do give this option coz as a client you wont remember to mention thaf you are eating in unless you get asked by staff
Furthermore this was an unpleasant meal as i had to eat from those burger boxes not to mention my 4year old had to go through the same thing
Please send your staff on client service courses ...they need to greet, smile & be passionate about what they do
I'm a branch manager at one of the top 3 financial institutions so i know what client service means

rave sauce

I bought steers rave sauce at montana superspar in pretoria on 05 october. After getting home and opening the bottle I saw that the sauce was invested with little black worms. I went back to spar and they refunded me, but I am still very upset about the incident. I had people coming over for dinner and this happens??? Please advise??

steers

I ordered online using the app, then i went to the store (Steers vaal mall) hoping to pay and collect but to my suprise i waited a whole hour at the store just for two burgers only.That service is very poor and unacceptable.They should prioritize their orders to quickly deliver small orders rather than us waiting for them to do the chicken order then do beef burger order.Its poor to know that the whole team focus on one order at a time.

service

I went to Steers Mokopane Crossing Mall.
Invoice 75831. I paid 12h01. I waited 25 minutes for only 2 takeaway burgers with Drinks?? Another guy before me insits on his refund. Very angry walking out with his money. This was by far my longest wait at a steers for 2 burgers ect. The staff is unorganised and i dont think i will ever go back to steers. Luckily the rest of my family was not with me. Maybe i should still be in the que for that?
I was long time ago so angry about service. Of my kids wasnt so hungry with me i would also insisted on a refund and went to KFC rather?

Shilo van Tonder
ALLDAYS
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

product and service

I have place an order by steers at 10:35 the Florida branch and then was call 5 mins later to say that they don't have chicken fillet and cant make a chicken burger so I therefore changed the order to a 1/4 chicken meal and a cheesyboy burger meal. I instructed the person to make the chicken saucy and well done was told its R57.90. The food was brought to us an hour 10 mins later and its was ice cold. When we opened the chicken meal the chicken was not even a 1/4 piece chicken it was super super dried and rock hard and no sauce at all it was really hard to even chew and go down the throat. Im sure they wont even give a dog to eat such food but wait it get even better the cheesyboy tasted like cardboard and was so dried although it has sauce. The food was really disgusting to really be honest. We paid R65 for the cheesyboy meal and R45 for the chicken meal and it was a honest waste of my money. I wont ever order from steers again. the food really was difficult to chew and eat. Im extremely disappointed in the food.

Good Evening,

An order that usually takes half hour to delivery, took just over an hour from the Plattekloof branch to Parow. After 40 Min I called to follow up, to which I was told the driver was already on his way and would be by Me in 5 min. By the time the food got here it was ice cold, the chips were plain and no spice nor sauce was provided.

This is actually my first complaint with Steers ever as the service is usually good.

Let's hope next time the food at least gets here with some warmth left.

dainfern square fourways

On the 02 October 2019 at 1:05pm i called then to place a order for one wacky Wednesday and three caramel ice creams,
the cashier i spoke o took my order down with my name as well as two contact details work number and cell number. she then advised me that the food will be here in 45 minutes i waited and waited until 2:15pm no one cam no phone call i then decided to call them back they put me on hold and called the driver after few minutes the lady came back and said she cannot get a hold of the driver!!! imagine how "professional" is that?

she then said she would call me back to give me feed back she didn't at 2:35 i decided to call back and ask whats happening she then spoke to the manager and the manager came to the phone very unprofessional he answers the phone as if this is a backyard tuckshop!!! i am so disgusted in the service... he said he would then rather do another order it will be here in 20 minutes i left it as soon as i dropped the call i received a call from our receiving department at work to say i have a order i was shocked at the speedy response when i got to receiving the driver gives me the slip the the total is R126.00 I asked him why is he coming at 2:50pm when i ordered at 1:05pm he had some silly answer and said his been waiting for me at receiving for 30 min which is a big lie. he then decides to take the box out with the food he brings my burgers only no ice cream at all and i asked wheres the rest of the order he couldn't answer me!!! oh also to mention the manager said i should not pay the R15 for delivery when i told him that he refused out right to give me food!!! while having this argument another delivery guy came form steers with the correct order however i had to be in the middle of two drivers fighting for my food and the money!!! i waited a full two hours for a simple wacky Wednesday and three ice creams, i called the manager all he could say is sorry sorry i mean serious they are not professional at all

all i can say it was the last time i ever ordered from Dainfern fourways again poor service is an under statement!!!

raw burger

On the 25th September I ordered famous wacky Wednesday at the Croydon branch in Cape Town, I was rather disappointed in having a burger patty that was raw in some areas. This is very disappointing especially since I am pregnant and having raw food is not healthy at all. This is unacceptable.

I have written to your Facebook page and then received a call from some manager at the branch where it was requested to send a picture of the raw burger however I wasn't given any details / information to send the picture. I do not know what relevance the picture would have been as I have already sent it to a different form of social media. The customer care/ service from steers is pathetic.

raw burger

customer service - bracken city shopping centre

On Thursday, 26 September 2019 we stopped at the Bracken City Shopping Centre's Steers for a milkshake.

The doors were still open and lots of clients in the store. In particular one client was still purchasing from Steers and were assisted. Standing in the que at Steers to be assisted, as the lady before me is still served. Instead of being helped I am shouted at by a staff member that they are already closed about two or three times.

No one ever asked me could I be helped. With shock of how clients are treated I turn around and my sister and I start to walk away. On my way to the door I realise that the door is still open and I shout back at the employer that the door is still open and that they are still serving a client.

I will call upon all clients to boikot Steers Bracken City due to the way that clients are treated at Steers Bracken City.

lrg chips with cheese and bite

My name is Olwethu i ordered the meal at steers Delft mall over the counter my chips were very oilly and there was no bite as it it advertised worse chips ever very dark totally not appetizing not worthy the money i spent for that lrg chips waiting time of 20minutes and getting incomplete meal which is ridiculous i am very disappointed with the steers Delft mall

the rib meal

Hi I'm very much not happy about the rib mealo n the 28 of September 2019 in key west mall i bought the bbq rib meal just to get one rib and it was cut in half with chips i saw the meal it was two big ribs what i got was not that please don't lie to us as your customer's I'm not happy at all about that just because it's month end don't make us fool's

wrong order

Worst service ever i orders two Ribster Burgers from the steers at Bara city and they gave me two dry steers burgers .
When I got there I PLACED AN ORDER FOR THE RIBSTERS THE PRICE WAS R56.90 WHEN YOU HAVE THE COKE ZERO AS A DRINK BUT I DIDN'T WANT THAT SO I HAD THE FANTA ORANGE AND STONY AS DRINK AND THE PRICE WAS R57.90 I EVERN ASKED WHY SHE DIDN'T WARM MY PATTIES CAUSE THE STEERS AT DIEPKLOOF SQUARE THE DID THAT SHE SAID THE HAD WARM ONES ON THAT WARMER
WHEN I GOT HOME ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT'S NOT WHAT I ORDERED.
M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS I WAS WARNED NOT TO GO THERE BUT SINCE IT'S THE CLOSEST ONE TO HOME MARA WHAT I GOT WAS SHI***
SERVICE.

I WOULD LIKE THE MANGER TO CHECK MY THERE SECURITY CAMERAS TO CHECK HOW MY ORDER WAS PREPARED AND IF IT'S WHAT I ORDERED THE DATE WAS 24/09/2019 the time is 16:20.

delivery order

I placed an Order before 4pm and have been waiting for the order till 5.30 pm . When I call for follow up one tells me they can't see my order the other tells me sorry it should have been delivered at 4.39pm she will transfer me to the branch manager and when they do so the phone hangs up after ringing a few times . At that time I knock off at 5pm after calling complaints department the manager is calling me back at 5.45pm mind you it's been almost 2 hours holding and I still have to wait for her to fix the mess . I'm really disappointed in steers and its not even the first time.now I had to make other means of getting supper. What a. Disaster I will never buy or recommend anyone to buy here

delivery delay

This is not the first time I have waited so long for a delivery.
Order # [protected],
was placed and confirmed 25 September 2019 at 11:04, but was only delivered at 12:22!

I am really disappointed to have waited so long for delivery. I am a regular online customer. I am not someone to complain easily, but waiting for more than an hour for such a small order is not acceptable.

Kind regards

Steers Goldman Crossing — unhygienic conditions

Hi, I visited the store on the 18.09.2019 and as I waited for my order, I noticed the lady at the back without any gloves nor a covered head, placing the buns in the toaster. When...

order placed but not received almost 2 hours later

13 SEPTEMBER 2019

I placed my online order at 12:48 today and up to now i still have not received my food!!! I called the number on the confirmation of order and they do not have any record of this order being placed!! Order number [protected]. I order food from you guys on a regular basis.

I recon the food should arrive and since i have waited over an hour it should be free
If nothing is done I will complain on hello peter so everyone can see the service I have received.

service and not the correct order

I was at Steers, Wonderboom junction (or Lavendar as printed on the slip) on 12 September around 18h30. There was 1 car in front of me in the drive-through. It took almost 5 minutes for the person to place his order and chatting with the person who worked at the orders. Then it was my turn. I ordered 2 x King Bacon burgers and 2 medium fries, went to the receiving point. We sat there for more than 10 minutes, waiting for the order before me, they ordered extra large chips and that took them so long ! Cars behind me started to hoot and hoot because the queue was not moving.
Then it was my turn, got my order. When I got home I opened up the food and to my frustration after waiting so long for the order - it was wrong - no bacon ?!
I attach the photos and insist I get my money back. I tried to phone them 3 times - but to no avail - phone is just ringing and ringing and ringing - they do not even answer the phone !
Mariana Roberson