Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

JustAnsweryour subscription method is very deceiving

I entered the website to ask a question, for which I understood that you can try it for $1. I did try it, and the answers did not solve my problem . so I never entered again. to my surprise, when I saw my bank statement I saw that you had been charging $46 two months in a row. I never authorized this.
I called to complain about this and the answer was that she could cancel the service but not reimburse what has been already charged.
I never used it, I think this is a rip off. and make no mistake, i´ll tell it to everyone I know.
my email is [protected]@colegiomontano.edu.gt .

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 23, 2019

Hello E Montano,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to any recurring billing.

We've reached out to you privately to gather some information about your account so that we can take a look at what happened with the transactions on the account.

Please reach out to us if you need any further assistance and we're happy to help in any way we can.

Just Answeranswers questions

A charge was found on my Chase Freedom credit card. I found this charge after my December billing statement December 19th, 2019.The charge of 46 dollars was added to my Chase freedom credit card. The charge was added November 29th, 2019. The charge was made by an online business of HTTP://www.JustAnswer.com. I don't know this business and I never used this business knowingly. I consider having to resubmit this complaint an attempt to frustrate me; I will forward a complaint to So Car Attorney Generals office. I have already complained to Chase Freedom.

• Updated by wally beever · Dec 20, 2019

I found a charge on my Chase Freedom credit card for $46 on November 29th, 2019. I did not make this charge or do I need it or can afford it. I demand a refund of $46 dollars. I did not make this charge or unknowingly, tricked into this charge.

JustAnswer£40 taken from my account

I have already complained about this company taking out £40 from my account after I cancelled my £5 trial fee I would like a refund please as I have already stated that I am an old age pensioner and can't afford it [protected]@gmail.com l'm sorry that I didn't read the emails send by other people who were conned as well also my question to a solicitor was not of any benefit to me Thanks Teresa

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 03, 2020

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We can see that your recent membership charge has since been refunded.

You can continue to ask questions on the site on a pay-per-question basis if you still need any assistance.

• Updated by Teresa Mcgauley · Dec 26, 2019

On 6 th November I paid £5 for a free trial ( For advice from a solicitor which was of no assistance to me ) then I cancelled .So to my dismay £40 was taken from my account on 23rd.November .l have sent a few emails but no replies. Then on 24th.December another £40 was taken from my account again.I am an old age pensioner and £40 is 3/4 of my pension, so obviously I can't afford to lose that amount.I suspect that this is a Scam I would appreciate it if you could please get me a refund as I am desperate. I am also disabled and very hard to find someone who can help me with this problem.So when I came across this company. JustAnswer I was delighted as I thought this would give me the answer I was looking for .Thank you.

JustAnswercharge to visa account

How dare u charge my account first with $5.-and minutes later$62.50 on the 16 December so much the for 7 day trial
        On the first the page cc was required to continue
        Second page required e mail address and now went into detail that it would charge a monthly fee. So I never continued to set up an account returned to previous page and deleted the cc info but I was already charged
        Tried phone #but always no connection.
        How will I get credited what a scam

Just Answertechnical/legal help

I authorised a one time trial payment of £5 to this company on 11th December. I had no wish to take further membership but they appear to have taken £40 from my account for a monthly subscription, which I did not authorise. It is extremely difficult to cancel membership online with this company. I have spoken with my bank who have cancelled all further subscriptions but would really appreciate refund of the £40 as I am living on a state pension and cannot afford to lose this amount.
          Morag

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 18, 2019

Hello Morag,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue and we apologize for any frustration you've experienced. Unfortunately there is not enough information in your review to pull up your account as ComplaintsBoard provides us none of your contact information.

At your earliest convenience, please reach out to our Customer Care team so that we can properly assist you in resolving any open concerns.

We can be reached by phone or email from the Help Center

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 18, 2019

Hello Morag,

We can be reached by phone or email from the Help Center

• Updated by Morag Montgomery · Dec 18, 2019

Please the refund the £40 you took from my account without my authorisation. I had paid £5 for a trial membership then you took the monthly fee from my account. I have directed my bank to stop all further payments, but would really like my £40 back as I am living on a state pension and cannot afford to be without this money.

Please

Morag Montgomery

JustAnswertalked to a lawyer at "just answer"; phone # [protected]

Every thing went fine and i paid my "one time" bill. I was away for three months and unable to look at my charge account info. After i finally got a chance to review my billing, i noticed a 3 month charge from "justanswer", for a total of $159.00, a charge that i never agreed to! "this is a total scam"! regards, mr donald brown, 615 stoddard av., wheaton, il. [protected]/681-8665) p.S. A month ago i talked to these same people and was assured that the $159.00 charge would be reversed! such was/is, not the case!

JustAnswermembership

You have charged me for two months of membership, November and December 2019. . I asked one question in November and paid $5.00 with my debit card. I did not sign up for membership I called the bank and they got in touch with you and you refused to have my account credited. You should be refunding me $92.00 for two months membership.
              If you do not approve a full credit I will be getting in touch with Better Business Bureau and file a complaint on your website review.
              Mindy Offit
              [protected]@yahoo.com

JustAnswerpurchases

I opened an account on [protected], I cancelled the membership within the 7 day trial period. I have 3 payments of $28.00 dated 10-16-19, 11-16-19, 12-16-19. I just got off the phone with one of your representatives [protected], 5:10 PM) and she said if I hadn't recieved an email about it then the account couldn't be cancelled or refunded. I then went to the website texted to a rep and she wanted another$1.00 which would open another account & she would connect me with a lawyer. I don't need to open anothe account which I'd have to cancell just to resolve this .All I need to do is have it noted with your company that I cancelled my member ship as sted above and have the 3 payments of $28.00 refunded back! My Email is [protected]@hotmail.com

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charge

on 10/26/2018 was charged $53.68 for nohelp, just chatted with the robot
                  it was with a fully refundable $1.00/ Instead the charge. trying to get a refund I hit a brick wall. I then gave up but my angered was revived when justanser tried to solicit their service against to meet your requirements I will continue some gibberish. if that is not enough I'll add some more, I can be very prolific.

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 16, 2019

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue and we apologize for any frustration you've experienced. Unfortunately, there is not enough information in your review to pull up your account.

At your earliest convenience, please reply to us here with the email address that you used to register your account, the Order number for your recent question, or, reach out to our Customer Care team so that we can properly assist you in resolving any open concerns.

We can be reached by phone or email from the Help Center.

JustAnswer.comonline advertizing

In July, this year I went on Justanswer.com to ask a question about my AOL account to move files. I did connect but didn;t go through with the question that I was going to ask and said I would be back later. I was not aware that the initial signup was not a one time connect but rather, if I did not cancel within 5 days there would be an ongoing charge. I rarely check by bank statements and just happened to today and noticed that $66 went through the account. I contacted the number from where the withdrawl came from and they advised me that I needed to cancel within the 5 day period but that they would now cancel the next payment and close the account. I believe this was misleading advertizing and I asked for my money back on the assistant blog but she just informed me that I needed to call the company; which I had already done.
                    How do I get my money back. I did ask them to name the State so I can complain to the DG office in whatever State they operate out of.

• JustAnswer's response · Dec 16, 2019

Hello Charles,

We can be reached by phone or email from the Help Center.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charge and lack of return of initial $5 charge that was promised as a return

Order number [protected]-903
                      November 22 or 23

I requested help from Bob regarding hundreds of junk emails and how to get rid of them. I was told I had to pay $5 that would be returned when help was complete and I was unsubscribed. I received texts from Bob telling me that I had been unsubscribed when we were finished chatting. ( He could not resolve my problem)
                      Sadly my texts were deleted when iphone updated.
                      When my MasterCard statement was received the $5 charge was there and not returned as well as a $66 membership fee which had not been requested by me. I would like these charges to be refunded to me.
                      I have blocked you on my MasterCard.
                      Bernita Capstick
                      [protected]@hotmail.com

Dec 15, 2019

JustAnswer — stealing and fraudulent activities on my card. a scam

Just Answer is a scam!!! I asked two questions on just answer after paying the $5 trial fee. They sent an...

JustAnswerovercharged credit card

To Whom it May Concern,

I have just checked my Credit Card transactions and I have been charged with a whopping membership for 41 GBP, after having only asked one question and been already charged with 4.69 GBP for this "trial" as well.
                        I am extremely unhappy with this and I do not recall having ever wanted or paid for a membership. I would like this matter dealt with and the membership refunded back into my Bank of Scotland Account as soon as possible. I would like someone to contact me via email regarding this issue.

Yours Sincerely,

Susannah Clark
                        [protected]@gmail.com

overcharged credit card

• Updated by Susannahmc · Dec 12, 2019

This is unbelievable. I cannot delete my complaint now- I was under the impression I was sending Just Answer and EMAIL, and now my details are contained within my complaint on a PUBLIC BOARD. I am EXTREMELY UNHAPPY about this and I would like my details REMOVED COMPLETELY.

I would like to urgently have this removed. Please can a member of support contact me via email ASAP.

JustAnswermoney taken out of my account without my consent

In October 2019, I had difficulty with Skype. One of Just Answer's technicians helped me and said I had to pay R599 for the service but the funds would be credited back to me.

I paid the R599 from my credit card and the funds were not credited back to me. INSTEAD Just Answer has taken another R599 from my account.

THIS IS THEFT. Please stop taking money out of my account and credit me back. I have not signed a debit order with you and the agreement with your technician was that I only paid this amount ONCE and Just Answer would repay this amount back to me.

• JustAnswer's response · Jan 03, 2020

Hello Liz,

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing.

Unfortunately, ComplaintsBoard does not supply companies with any of your personal information, and we are unable to locate your account. If you still need assistance, please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help page.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerdon't enter, a trial it’s a scam.

On day 7 of my 7 day trial they charged me $30 stating it was truly day 8. I guess for the 7th day they must charge you at 12 AM instead of giving you the full day like other trials?? My trial started Wednesday, Dec. 4th and they charged me today, Wednesday Dec. 11th.

I contacted support and they refused a refund. I asked for a supervisor and they said they'd call me back in 10-15 mins. Never got the call.

I called my bank and I will be disputing this formally. If it is a 7 day trial, it should be 7 full days. Not whatever you decide you want it to be, Just Answer.

Also... what kind of question asking service is $30 a month??? Yikes. Do yourself a favor and use Google.

JustAnswerI had a free 7 day trial for £5 then I cancelled it, but £40 was taken from my account on the 21 st. november

As I have said above that I cancelled my £5 00 trial but £ 40 00 was taken from my Account on the 21/11/2019 .I would therefore expect to have this sum of money put back in to my account please.As this was a one time search for information from a solicitor ( Which they were not able to answer) I am an old age pensioner and I could not afford the fee they were going to charge me, and then to find out that they had taken £40 I got the shock of my life as I only got my Bank statement this morning.and this amount is 3/4 of my Pension So I beg you to please put this amount in to my account Thank You Teresa

• Updated by Teresa Mcgauley · Dec 12, 2019

I contacted the above company regarding a solicitors question I took the 7 day trial £5, but she asked for a good sum of money which I could not afford.Then I cancelled it but to my amazement £40 was taken from my account on 27 thNovember I am an old age pensioner and that was 3/4 of my pension I would be forever grateful if you would try and get a refund.Teresa McGauley.

JustAnswerlack of contact but still charged.

I contacted Justanswer to try to help me sort out a problem I had with my Samsung tablet.
                                I paid the initial £6 for a trial and I was told that I would get a pghone call from an expert if I paid an aditional £10 which I did.
                                I sent messages to say that after a period of time I had had no contact and to cancel all contacts, suddenly I have been charged with a £16 bill, and would really appreciate it if somebody contacts me to explain the charge as I have had no expert phone me to sort out my problem.
                                It then seems only fair that Justanswer refunds the £10 call charge as none have been received.

Hopefully Justanswer will contact me a lot quicker than their experts

Terry Jeffs

Dec 10, 2019

Just Answer Advice Website — billing and refunds

Several months ago I had 1 legal question and it was professionally handled and the advice was clear and...

JustAnswercanceling membership after trial period

I contactacted JustAnswer for a friend and paid the $5 initial cost for a 7-day trial period. I chatted with an online rep (automated) which was a joke. Looked on their website and it says to submit an email to [protected]@justanswer.com to cancel membership. I sent and email. The next day, my bank account was charged $46. I called the # listed on their website and they assured me that they would investigate and to forward my original email back to [protected]@justanswer.com so they could prove I tried canceling. Not even 30 mins after that, I received an email back from Just Answer saying...Hi There, it looks as though you've send an email to an address that is no longer accepting emails. How can the customer service provide an email address that is invalid. I will contact my bank to flag this as a fraudulent charge. Lesson learned!

JustAnswerunauthorized credit card charges

I have noticed that the amounts below were payed to Just Answer. I do not know what these were for. I would like to know i you will refund me. As i do not know what this was for
                                    10 Nov 2019
                                    JUSTANSWER *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA
                                    -460.00
                                    10 Oct 2019
                                    JUSTANSWER *MEMBERSHP [protected] CA
                                    -460.00
                                    The following amounts were deducted from my credit card and i did not agree to this.
                                    I want to know why these 2 amounts were deducted from my credit card?

11 Fontein Street

• Updated by Dawid van Jaarsveldt · Dec 10, 2019

Will someone please get back to me concerning my complaint about the unauthorized payments that were made to Just Answer,