Having problems with JustAnswer?

JustAnswer Customer Service Contacts

P.O. Box 29045
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JustAnswer Customer Service. Initial JustAnswer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JustAnswer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JustAnswer. Discuss the issues you have had with JustAnswer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Aug 28, 2020

Just Answer — Unauthorised illegal membership scam

I feel like a complete fool. I asked a question on 18 May May 2020 which was answered satisfactorily by Just...

JustAnswerMicrosoft support

I was under the impression that after contacting one the agents I would have a fee of five pounds taken from my account which could be refunded. I then had 35 pounds taken out of my account.

I want a refund as I don't think the website is clear about this. I had absolutely no idea that I was on a trial that would turn into a membership.

I don't think that the reply I received which advised me to reset my password again on the Microsoft website was advanced enough to be worth any money.

I was given the impression that I would only be charged five pounds maximum and I could have handled that but a sneaky 35 pounds two weeks later gets on my nerves.

Normally on websites it is made absolutely clear that your signing up for something.

Aug 25, 2020

JustAnswer — Publishing confidential information about adoption on 11/07/2020

To whom it may concern, Here is my question to you in writing as evidence as well. I need promped action...

JustAnswerUnauthorized credit card charges based on answers never given.

Contacted JustAnswer on about August 12 (first time I used) to answer questions about how a Garmin golf devise worked. I provided a credit card as requested to cover their costs. They did not provide an answer, just said we could help you, for $26. I said I don't want to pay that fee; can contact Garmin and have them help. They did and I received how to work the device. On August 19, they charged my credit card $46 twice. I contacted then and reminded the representative I did not receive any help, and wanted a reversal of the charges. Lots of denial occurred and I told her to reverse or I would contact the credit card company, PNC Bank. I did 8/19/2020 via email as they were closed. On 8/20 I will call and speak directly to a person there.

Hello John,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

We are sorry to hear that you did not receive an answer to your questions. We are a paid service that provides Experts that can respond to customer questions in a variety of categories, including Electronics, however we are not directly affiliated with Garmin.

We will need some more information to locate your account and work to resolve any other concerns that you have. We can be reached from the Contact US link that is at the top and bottom of the homepage.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerOnline service we didn't use

We never signed up for a service and don't have a membership number and want this stopped.
      Called the number that was listed for the billing and they couldn't tell me what it was for. She would try to talk to their fraud department but didn't know if we would get resolution.
      How can you be billed for a service that you don't use and don't have a membership number or password. There seems to be no way to correct this.?

Hello Charmaine,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerBeen charged for a membership which I never agreed to.

First charge was for 5 items for a total of $5.00 this was on January 22, 2020. This was charged to my credit card and that was acceptable. The charges listed below were never approved.

JAN 30/JAN 31 JUSTANSWER MEMBERSHP800-240-1371CA $66.00
        MAY 05/MAY 06 IDEM $66.00
        JUN 05/JUN 06 IDEM $66.00
        JUL 05/JUL 06 IDEM $66.00
        AUG O8 IDEM $66.00

The delay in responding was due to unavailability of my statements. I want a refund of $330.00. I will also mention this to CapitalOne as they will have to issue credits for the interest charged to my account.

Name: Joyce Meier

Address: 225 - 1735 No 9 HWY P.O. BOX 23
        Agassiz, British Columbia, V0M1A0
        Canada

Hello Joyce,

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerService scammed me to sign up for a membership

I was online with a manufacturer and wanted a technical question answered. During this process, I was transferred to just answer not knowing it was a different company. By the time I realized what was happening I tried to disconnect.

I am now being billed $46 per month for a service I did not use nor want. Just answer will not refund the fee. This must be their business model - get people to inadvertently get on the website and scam people out of one or month's subscription.

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration.

We do not have an agreement to provide service with any device manufacturer at this time. It sounds like you might have clicked on an advertisement for our service.

Just AnswerBilling

I called just answer to ask a question about my washing machine - I do not remember signing up for membership - however they have charged my credit card 5 times at $37.00 each. I have emailed them back in May. I want my money returned to me as I have had to pay my credit card company.

The membership number that appears on my statement is 800-240-1371CA

Hello Deborah,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any confusion about the billing on the site. The number that you included in your review is actually a telephone number for our Customer Care team.

We will need some more information to locate your account and we will work to resolve any other concerns that you have. We can be reached from the Contact Us link that is at the top and bottom of the homepage.

Aug 05, 2020

JustAnswer — Refund

I signed up for the trial and the I tried to cancel before trial was over but I got billed anyway. I have...

Just AnswerAsking a solicitor a question.

I paid £5 through my PayPal Account, but when I realised that this company also requested that I paid £50 per calendar month for there services, I immediately closed their account on PayPal. At the same time requested that they cancel my Account with them. At this point, and subsequently. I have not received any answers to my problem.
              I emailed them on several occasions to cancel my account. They replied that had no record of any account in my name. It is strange that they have taken my money, and I have not received any communication from them (All I want is my money back)!
              The now want me to give them a survey.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.

We can see by looking at your account that it appears that the account has been closed and the charge was also refunded.

JustAnswerBilling

I was in a hurry to help my son fix his Prius's electrical issue. I signed up quickly and through I was paying $5 to receive an answer. The answer wasn't helpful (understandable as electrical issues are hard). However, I didn't realize my credit card would be charged $34 a month for a membership fee. Perhaps it was my fault for not reading the fine print as we were trying to fix a car together. When I saw my credit card had been charged for two months, I called. They canceled but wouldn't refund anything.

Hello Mickey,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any frustration about the billing on the site.

We are happy to take another look at your account to make sure that everything was handled correctly. We will need some more information to locate your account and will work to resolve any other concerns that you have. We can be reached from the Contact Us link that is at the top and bottom of the homepage.

JustAnswerI paid $5 for a question, and now two 66$ chrgs I did not auth

Are you kidding me? This is the most unethical action I have ever seen! Your site says trial for 5$ an I see two $66 dollar deductions from my bank account??? And when I complain I asked for another 5$ to get connected??? I'm sorry, do I have delusional [censored] tattoo on my forehead? No, I do not. Cease immediately and refund immediately unless you wish to be served with fraud and theft charges!!! Shadiest thing I have ever encountered!!

Jun 22, 2020 op recurring pymnt 19jun2020justanswer membersh ca $66.00
                  Jul 27, 2020 op recurring pymnt 25jul2020justanswer membersh ca $66.00

Hello Mandy,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this, we're sorry for any frustration with the billing.

You should be able to use your Email address to log in, if you've forgotten your password, you can have a new one sent to you.

We will need some more information to locate your account and work to resolve any other concerns that you have. We can be reached from the Contact Us link that is at the top and bottom of the homepage.

• Updated by Mandy Biddiscombe · Aug 04, 2020

to add even more insult, i never signed up for an account so cannot log in to speak to customer service. I'm so livid i will press chrg if i get my refund TODAY!

Just AnswerThey said were lawyers and the number you called has nothing to do with a lawyer

they charged me 10 cent 5 times and i want my 5 dollars back. fake site! i paid money for a consultation and nithng happened and i did not get to speak to lawyer. This website Has all bad reviews of stealing people's money as well and not helping out anyone. I was charged and revmcieved no advice. I believe this is a scam website and i would like my money reversed.

Hello Kasey,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry to hear that you didn't get to speak with an attorney, the question volume to the site has spiked this year and we are working to bring new Experts on board as quickly as possible, but there are times where it can take longer to receive a reply than we'd prefer.

JustAnswer Customer Care

JustAnswerWon't refund monthly charge that I don't want

I honestly thought I canceled my account the day after using it and now it is costing me $150 for late fees on rent because they will not refund the $29 for the program that I cannot use. This is not the way to run a business -to force people to pay for a program that is useless to them.

I have asked -no begged several times that they refund the $29 so I can pay my rent on time and in full but they don't give a crap about anyone -just themselves. Most companies would refund the money to keep the customer happy because a good recommendation goes a long way compared to a complaint.

Hello Genny,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We apologize for any frustration about the billing.

In looking at your account, it appears that you were able to connect with a Customer Care agent that was able to resolve all of your concerns.

JustAnswerfacebook

Expert supplied faulty advice. Customer service [protected] obviously lied and told me I would get a phone call from a agent to help me. No one will even admit to the lie. Repeatedly ask for what I already gave them and sent me a "customer service" number [protected]. I called the number and was told I would get a call at my home for "free" to assist me. They then denied that this was their number even when I sent them the email I received with the number on it. Then they wanted $39 dollars to have some one call me. Clearly I was lied to in a bait and switch offer.

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this, we apologize for any frustration.

We are not affiliated with Facebook in any official capacity. While we do have Experts that may be able to help you resolve technical issues with your Facebook account, we do not have the ability to access or change aspects of your account from an administrative position.

You can have a phone-call with one of the technical Experts, but there is an additional fee for a phone call as this is a premium service. If you do have questions about the site, or your JustAnswer account, you can always call our Customer Care team free of charge, however our Customer Care team can only assist with JustAnswer account issues.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact US link on the Help Center and we're happy to help resolve any remaining issues.

JustAnswerTax advice and subscription

The second of June 2020, i asked a question and received an answer via call. I have been billed 5£ and 43.68£ for the call.
                          After that even if I did not ask for a membership I have been billed 35£ for a membership. I am asking for a refund of the 35£ and that you stop to take money. According to your website I am not a member (which is ok for me, i do not want to).
                          I have been asking for a refund already but you have not replied / followed through

Hello Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any frustration with the billing or any difficulty that you had in contacting us.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact US link on the Help Center and we're happy to help resolve any billing issues. If you send an Email through the form on the Help Center, you should experience no issues.

• Updated by Luca0890 · Jul 09, 2020

After that even if I did not ask for a membership I have been billed 35£. I am asking for a refund of the 35£ and that you stop to take money. According to your website I am not a member (which is ok for me, i do not want to).
                              Further I tried to contact you via email, but the email is not submitted...you are a JOKE. I informed my bank that you are fraudlent in your attempt to take any more money and I ask for a refund.

JustAnswerUnethical behaviour

I just wanted a question to be answered for a legal manner which was $5 usd and then I decided that it was best to just have a call with a lawyer for $59 usd, weeks later I realized that I was charged $60 usd for a membership that I don't remember subscribing to. They don't want to refund me the $60 dollars that they charged and I didn't even used their services afterwards.

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're sorry for any confusion about the payment for the site.

The membership charge amount and information is presented to all customers on the payment page prior to entering any billing information. After the question is posted and the membership is agreed to, we send a receipt E-mail, as well as a payment reminder E-mail, 3-days prior to the recurring billing. The membership bills at the end of the 7-day trial in order to avoid an interruption in service.

We will need some more information in order to locate your account. Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Page and we can take a look at your account.

JustAnswerWon't cancel my 5 day trial membership. Continued to charge 34.00

I used the service to get information on repairing my 1995 Mercedes C280. I had my answer successfully given so I no longer needed the service. I then asked to discontinue my subscription to My Answer. They still charged my account even though I asked them to discontinue my service. When I called to resolve the situation they said that "always send a confirmation when people discontinue using their service." That turned out to be a bold faced LIE. No confirmation or anything from them was ever sent event though I left my reason for discontinuing the service. They say they have no record of me ever contacting them about discontinuing service. I need my 34.00 back from these crooks.

Hello Daniel,

JustAnswerIt's a scam

I paid $5 for a 7 day trial on [protected]
                                I cancelled my membership BEFORE the 7 days ended on [protected]
                                The day AFTER I cancelled I was charged $29.99 for their "month to month" membership on [protected]
                                I've tried several times through their cancellation links provided on their website to cancel my membership.
                                My membership status now says I'm on a "month to month" membership.
                                HOWEVER, whenever I click the links it just redirects me to the "my questions"
                                I've tried "chatting" with customer support, but its just a bot that keeps giving me the same answer, and it keeps providing the aforementioned link, that just redirects me to the "my questions" page.

I simply want to cancel my membership, and I want a refund of the 29.99 I wasn't supposed to be charged.

Hello Shia,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. We're sorry for any frustration with the billing or any difficulty that you had in contacting us for cancellation.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team from the Contact Us link on the Help Center and we're happy to help resolve any billing issues. If you tried to cancel previously and were unable to, we should also be able to refund you.

JustAnswerAdvice

Used the service x1 a year ago. Was charged fees for 'membership' illicitly taken from my visa account on 25.6.20. Bank notified and merchant blocked.
                                  Merchant notified via their site but has not responded. Contacted them via chat function. Was sent link seeking my banking details and then cut-off rather than addressing the issue. 3 words describe this company. Scam, scam, scam.