CVSIllegal practices

R Oct 14, 2020

Assaulted by your pharmacist, inexcusable behavior.
This is a very hard topic for me but this is very important so it never happens again. I had a late trimester miscarriage, I was given a small script upon leaving the hospital on saturday and my primary sent one in the following day to cover the following week days. Two different doses to different prescriptions. My husband, a service man headed out to virginia, was leaving in 24 hours and headed to pickup the medicine at cvs. The staff was giving it to him when the pharmacist in charge intervened, saying it was not covered by insurance. He said he was happy to pay out of pocket, pharmacist said he wasn't allowed to pay cash, and would not let him. Then told him he could not have it. He promptly called my primary and over the next 8 hours my primary called and resent a paper prescription three times. My husband dealt with this until the pharmacist yelled at him and told him I would have to come in. As you can imagine I was in no shape to be in a cvs but I went. I was there for and hour and a half. By the end I was crying and bleeding down both my legs while your pharmacist called me a drug addict in front of a hole host of strangers. My husband had to deploy so now my 79 year old elderly father took over this nightmare. He had the prescription transferred to his local pharmacy and it was filled and covered by my insurance immediately less than an hour from transfer.
Pharmacists are not doctors. A primary md calls, who went to medical school, sends a prescription three times as well as calls and demands you to fill it, as well as the entire staff in your store, it should be filled. Cash payment is legal, her behavior has changed me, I suffer from ptsd because of this incident, every time I see a cvs I remember my dead baby bleeding down my legs onto the cvs floor. I cannot forget this nightmare or grieve properly like I was before your pharmacists verbal and emotional assault. I cannot ever go back to your store. I have a husband 3 children, a dog, a cat, I am regular mom who was assaulted by your pharmacist.
My only description of this women is she is asian and works in chicopee 1616 memorial drive ma. Store, I apologize for my use of race but it my only description of this criminal till my husband goes in and gets her name. She needs to be let go for repugnant inhuman and power hungry behavior

• Dd
    D. Dodge Silver Oct 16, 2020

This needs to be taken up with the board that licenses pharmacists in your state. Her refusal to accept payment, interfering in doctor/patient matters, and carelessness with your private medical information is grounds for suspension. The HIPAA violations are a criminal matter. See a lawyer and have him contact CVS's legal department.

Pharmacists are a relic, anyway. A computer can perform the technical side of their job, and a minimum wage technician can follow the instructions given by the computer. Pharmacists aren't memorizing what drugs people take and monitoring for contraindications - they're reading the information off a computer screen. I can pay a guy $10/hr to do that. CVS isn't a compounding pharmacy, so don't give me that, either.

Wanna reduce prescription drug costs? Let's eliminate an ancient, unnecessary occupation that is essentially "fartcatcher for a doctor."

• Sf
    sfr8 Oct 28, 2020

Lol. "Every time I see a CVS I remember my dead baby bleeding down my legs onto the CVS floor." Really piling it on there, eh? Is a frivolous lawsuit in the works for pain and suffering? Good lord. Just have your doctor send the prescription to another pharmacy.

• Sf
    sfr8 Oct 28, 2020

Also, I'm guessing there's more to this story and that the prescription was for a Schedule II drug, not exactly amoxicillin. I had a miscarriage AND an abortion and was prescribed nothing other than Ibuprofen for pain in both cases, which is probably why the pharmacist called you a 'drug addict' (allegedly-- who even knows if this actually happened.) In any case, you should seek help for your addiction.