CVSPharmacy not answering phone

A Sep 04, 2019

Hello, my name is Amanda Johnson. I am a current customer of CVS, due to my famililes prescriptions being bought out by you all. I have called on 9/3/2019 twice and stayed on hold more than 45 minutes, I aslo called on 9/4/2019. more than twice. I called the pharmacy several times and was on hold more than 20 minutes at a time. I also called the front of the store, the first time they put me through to the pharmacy. I sat on hold for 20 minutes, the second time I called the front of the store, the lady was very rude to me. She told me that she couldn't put me through to the pharmacy, i told her my concern and she kept telling me that she couldn't put me through, after the first girl did. She then hung up on me, so I called the pharmacy again and proceeded to sit on hold again for another 20 minutes. I have continued to call the pharmacy and it is just a repeat of holding. I am trying to speak to someone in order to get them to fax over all of my families medications to Wal-Mart Pharmacy @ 1379 Homer Rd, Minden, LA 71016. Phone number 318-377-8211, this is my pharmacy. I used Fred's due me being employeed there before closing. I want all of my families stuff transferred to them. I understand that they are busy, but there is ABSOLUTELY no sense in them just not answering the phone. My dad has severe health problems, which include his heart. I also have health problems, and my finacee' has severe migraines. It is very important that we have our meds. Please contact me at [protected]. I am not a happy customer.

Sincerely,

Amanda Johnson

• Updated by ALloyd2019 · Sep 04, 2019

This is Amanda Johnson again, 09/04/2019I finally got into touch with them after another 3-4 times of trying to call and staying on hold. The last time I called they finally picked up within 15 minutes of the hold. The girl that I spoke with was very rude, she talked over me with me trying to tell her what I needed and whom I needed it on. When I finished telling her on one person what I needed she would try to finish up on the conversation. Every time I would go to tell her who else I needed, she would talk over me, and I asked her very upset to please let me finish. You don't do a customer like that, at all. I had several people to get information on and she acted like it bothered her. Yes, I was agrravated due to the fact of trying to get into touch with them over 2 days time and staying on hold like I have. She tried telling me that a new prescription that was turned to Fred's last month and only filled one time was expired. I know for a fact that this isnt the case, she snickered and said yea. I don't appreciate that at all. Again shhe was very rude, I dont care how busy you are or how upset a customer is. You do not be ugly to them whatsoever, I understand now why people hate this pharmacy. If I would have been this ugly or rude to a customer I would have written up. Something needs to be done, to where it does not happen to another customer. I have busy schedule and don't have time for people to treat me this nor stay on hold for as long as I have the past two days. I to am a Pharmacy Technician and I would never do or treat a customer the way that she treated me over the phone. She owes me and my family an apology, along with being written up by the PIC.

• Su
    Sue Myers Oct 23, 2021

I’m really sick of getting at least two robocalls a day. If I let it go to voicemail, the message says they will call back later! Why are you calling back when you already left a vm msg. When I try to call them, I’m on hold for 30-45 minutes. If my dr calls in a script, it sometimes shows “contact your pharmacist to fill this…why, fill the damn thing or make it so I can click on it to fill it later. Finally I’ve experienced times when they are out of stock of something. I call and they say that all the pharmacies in the area are out of stock. I call Rite Aid and they have it. My insurance gives me lower co-pays for using CVS. Not really worth it.

Robert S Painter Jr. Oct 03, 2021

You have to pay $5 a month for the CVS Carepass in order to speak to a pharmacist now. Since Caremark has taken over CVS Pharmacies they have gone so far down hill I'm taking my Rx business either to Walgreens or Safeway. I've been a loyal shopper with CVS for no less than 45 years and it's a real shame they are on that road that is ruining their reputation thanks to Caremark.

• Ci
    Cie Cie Oct 26, 2021

@Robert S Painter Jr. I work at Walgreens and we are also overworked and under staffed. People complain about us not answering the phone as if that's the only detail to our job. People call in and ask us stuff that they could have easily found out on their own. When we have over 60 vaccine appointments scheduled every 10 minutes until closing, prescriptions to fill, inventory to put back, patients picking up or dropping off, phone calls to make, deliveries to prepare etc. So no I don't have time to listen to every detail coming out ur mouth when I just want the basics so I can get back to doing the 25 other things I have to do. Then People get angry and say hire more staff but no one is applying to be pharmacist or pharmacy techs for all the reasons I've named. And techs get paid 12$ an hour 14$ if they're certified, pharmacist just got lunch breaks July 2020 before then they worked 12 hours no breaks on their feet. Sadly none of us want hear "so I was trying to fill prescriptions for my parents cause I take care of them now, and I went to their house today to see what they need and they said.." that's how ppl be when they call in so yes I'm going to cut you off to get the basic information so I can get you what u need. I'd suggest you go to Safeway right now the major retail pharmacy's are overwhelmed by covid vaccines n the boosters that came out AND is flu season. My store has a quota of 3000 vaccines...how do u put a quota on how many ppl choose to come get vaccines is another example of this terrible industry n the terrible companies. I'm biding my time until I'm out of college.

• Be
    BethO2021 Nov 06, 2021

@Cie Cie I understand it is it fair for such a big company to expect you to do everything when they pay you peanuts. But we are complaining about that, not you. I’ve had three different civic vaccine appointments confirmed, but when I get to the pharmacy they are out of the vaccine. I’ve tired to call the pharmacy ahead of time just to make sure the vaccine is actually there and am on hold for over an hour with no one even trying to answer and say I will be on hold for a while. The whole system is a tragedy and customers should not be told my the scheduling system that vaccines are available only for the store to me outmoded stock.

• Je
    Jebmar Sep 15, 2021

MANY times I have called and listened to that ABYSMAL hold "music" for HOURS just to see if anyone would ACTUALLY ever answer and up until tonight they never have. Tonight was a REAL kicker though. After holding for 2.25 HOURS, right before the pharmacy was to close, a man answered with an irritated tone, said hello quickly twice, pretended not to hear me (I was NOT on mute) then immediately disconnected! (Went from mad to FURIOUS). If CVS would alleviate some of the strain on their skeleton crews by having all calls go to and primarily be handled by a "call center" they might actually be able to retain staff AND customers for longer than a week! They also need to upgrade their computer systems since it seems to take 3 of them every time to try and find / figure out ANYTHING on their computers! Lastly, they need to limit window time to 5-10 mins max.. If it'll be longer than that, the customer needs to pull back around, KNOWING that the longest any cars in front of them will be is 5-10 mins.. I'm the most patient person in the world but I have about HAD IT with spending half my life either on hold with or waiting in line at CVS!

• Mi
    Michael Ball Sep 02, 2021

The only way CVS Pharmacy gets customers is by CVS/Caremark pharmacy benefit manager forcing members to use them, never by choice.

• De
    Deonchore Spears Aug 03, 2021

Same thing it's completely disgraceful to not even answer the freaking phone for your customers and being that your workers have the audacity to post on here defending that behavior reveals the terrible culture you have at CVS. ITS SAYS ALOT

Christopher C Wyland Jul 26, 2021

I am having the same problem with them not answering the phone. It has been 6 days now that we have tried to reach the pharmacist. My Doctors office has had the same problem. I dont drive, or else I would drive up there. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! I know that CVS has always had a skeleton crew in all of the local stores. And this is a labor problem. CVS corporate is the problem. I will just move my Rx's to Walgreens.

• Bi
    Bitbytebit Jul 24, 2021

Same issue, CVS Pharmacy doesn't answer the phone, except rare occasions.

• Dr
    drg2 Jun 25, 2021

Cvs as a pharmacy is a total joke. I received a call from them asking if I wanted a 90 day supply
    of metformin for diabetes. I called the back and waited to talk to someone and have been on
    hold for over an hour. My doctor called this rx in over 10 days ago and it has not been filled.
    Beyond ridiculous. I will transfer to Walmart as soon as possible.

Rogeure May 20, 2021

CVS is most likely the low ball bidder for large company contracts. My employer tried us in to CVS. Which explains the poor quality. My pharmisit looks like Lucy Arnez on a assembly line. They are way under staffed compared to my old Walmart pharmacy. I wouldn't answer the phone either if I looked haggard like my new pharmacist.

Rogeure May 20, 2021

They are a lousy company. They are the lowest bidder on contracts for large companies. So they under staff and over work their pharmicits. They look like Lucy Arnez on an assembly line.

• Ju
    Judy DiRienzo Apr 27, 2021

I am having the same problem with my CVS Pharmacy located in Newark, Delaware. I have been having problems getting my test strips for checking my sugar from this store for 2 weeks now. First they told me the Medicare code was not on the script my doctor faxed over...called doctor and they faxed over another script and made sure code was on it. Next problem was they said Medicare kept rejecting the script in their computer...called Medicare and they assured me my numbers are correct and have been the same for 12 years! Tried calling the store for 3 days now and each time put on hold for 30 minutes or more until I got disgusted and hung up. Today I called store 3 different times and each time nobody answered the phone...all 3 times I was holding for at least 30 minutes or more again...before finally hanging up mad and disgusted! I have not been able to check my blood sugar for 2 weeks because of these problems. What is up with these CVS stores? It is pretty bad when a person cannot get their medications and need them in order to stay healthy. I am mad, disgusted, and scared because I don't know if my sugar level is good, high, or what!!! CVS needs to fix the problems fast! The store I use is CVS on Chestnut Hill Road in Newark, Delaware.

• Fr
    Frank King Jan 04, 2021

`45 minutes...no answer...Abercorn Savannah...DISGRACEFUL.

• Sf
    sfr8 Oct 26, 2020

My CVS is in downtown Phx, AZ. Yesterday, I left the phone on speaker while I did other things and no lie, waited 93 minutes (93:37 to be exact) and nobody answered. I heard someone pick up and promptly hang up at 50 minutes, although I did not get disconnected. I have a refill which states clearly on the website, "Contact your pharmacy to refill this Rx". I also tried by phone to enter the refill number, and I get "sorry, I can't find that" or something similar. I understand there's extra stress with COVID but if you can't be bothered to answer your damn phone, then I won't bother to do business with your company. As soon as I drive to the friggin' store and get this refill processed, I will be promptly changing pharmacies. What a joke.

Noneofyabusiness Oct 24, 2019

I mean, when you’re understaffed. Busy in drive thru and in store. There’s no possible way to answer the phone. If only corporate would give us more hours so we could hire more people so we could do so. That’d be a dream. But we are over worked, stressed out workers. Doing our best. If I didn’t need a job to live. I wouldn’t be doing this. I’ve worked 3 ten hour shifts this week. The whole time I wanted to break down and cry and go home. I wish people could see from our side what we are doing. You guys just don’t get nor do you want to. You just want to be mad. I can’t help you there.

• Ju
    Judy DiRienzo Apr 27, 2021

@Noneofyabusiness Sorry you are having problems with being understaffed. That is definitely not the customers fault and the employees need to complain to corporate as well. Us customers are quite concerned about getting our meds as they are important to us to maintain our health. Surely in the course of a day, as well as being on hold for 30 minutes or more at a time, somebody can take a few minutes to answer the telephone. Customers aren't calling to make your day more stressful, we are calling because we need our medications that we depend on for our well being. Isn't that important to the employees that work at the stores? And yes, we are mad...I think you would be too if you had the problem of getting your medications

• Te
    TellMeAboutIt82 Sep 04, 2019

If you wouldn't keep hanging up and calling back, you would have been helped by now.